[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Threads 1984

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Threads.jpg (246KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Threads.jpg
246KB, 1000x562px
Dont watch it.

Its not worth it.
>>
anyone else always think thats kevin spacey
>>
>>82638139
why? it's not too bad.

the world would absolutely revert to serfdom.
>>
>>82638139
a boy and his dog is better apocalyptic kino.
>>
File: 4c5.jpg (37KB, 549x543px) Image search: [Google]
4c5.jpg
37KB, 549x543px
Fuck off with your shit taste. Threads was kino and there isn't an apocalyptic movie like it. It's on its own level
>>
Threads pisses all over the day after.
>>
File: threads.png (124KB, 659x508px) Image search: [Google]
threads.png
124KB, 659x508px
>>82638139

hi, Anne

how's the acting career going?
>>
>>82638326
If you mean The Day After Tomorrow then yeah no shit. That's a flick at best.
>>
>>82638273
I don't think OP means to say its shit, instead that it's disturbing.
>>
>Movie about bongs suffering and dying

Why is this not classified as a comedy?
>>
>>82638366
No, The Day After was some 90s made for TV movie about a nuclear war and it sucked
>>
If it makes you feel better the nukes we have today would no doubt wipe out everybody much quicker, no vhs school for you
>>
>>82638139
jokes on you I already seen it
>>
this was a mockumentary about a war? I thought it was footage of daily live in Britain
>>
Nuclear horrorkino ranked:
>Threads
>The War Games
>When the Wind Blows

--powergap--

>The Day After
>>
>>82638584
>nukes we have today
both sides still wield same old shit from cold war days
>>
>>82638139

>nothing happens for two hours
>retard gives birth to a monster
>roll credits
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjCA3zEbN-A
>>
>>82638806
>nothing happens for nine months
>retard gives birth to you
>roll credits
>>
>>82638896

That would be more interesting than Threads.
>>
>>82638352
Fuck, I forgot that Threads was the credit for that image. I used to see that posted a few years back, never realised it was from Threads.
>>
I've seen Threads many times. I've seen War Game many times AND The Day After and When The WInd Blows. Its worth it to be scared shitless of nuclear war.
>>
>>82638584
the film was best on a goverment projection of what would happen with 200mgt

in real life it would be far in excess of a few thousand easily even in 1986

everybody would die, but that wouldnt make a very good film
>>
>>82638715
nukes are actually getting smaller now because guidance and delivery systems are so much more accurate
>>
>>82639257
*based
>>
>>82639257

Actually thats not true. The deaths in primary targets would be almost total, but in the countryside and the so called "B" country from what I've read a lot of people would survive and would be well capable of rebuilding.

>Src: On Thermonuclear War by Herman Kahn
>>
>>82639009
>not enough cgi and no more explosions after the start

Don't forget your meds
>>
>>82638352
>pissing intensifies
>>
>>82638139
True.
>>
>>82638139
Nah, it's good.
>>
I agree.

the scenario or thought experiment is interesting but actually watching it is pretty boring

the film making isn't good.
it would be better condensed down into maybe 40 minutesor just remade with a bigger budget and less dull, more skilled directing.
>>
>>82638211
Ending is kino
>>
>>82638139
They keep playing that same 80's rock song in every scene.
>>
>>82638584
The nukes from the 1980's are effectively just as powerful as they are today.

Nuclear war is one of the most poorly understood concepts among the public. Threads is the most realistic depiction you will find in any media.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.