[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone actually enjoy this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: v1.jpg (20KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
20KB, 206x305px
I understand it was revolutionary at the time and essentially ushered in the era of modern film as opposed to what basically were recorded plays, but God dammit by modern standards it's boring as fuck.
>>
>>82633418
that piece of kino wasnt intendend to be enjoyable and not even memeing
>>
>>82633418
Anon the problem is everyone knows the story via cultural osmosis, and you're a pleb.
>>
I genuinely loved it. Even if you don't you gotta appreciate what it did for modern film making (camera techniques, a director getting authority over the picture and not letting ((them)) control it etc)
>>
>>82633418
no
>>
>>82633418
There were plenty of important films before Citizen Kane. Ever Orson Welle's acknowledges the influence of Birth of a Nation.
>>
>>82633418
God damn you're a pleb.
>>
>>82633418
The reboot will happen someday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIenIcLpRZQ
>>
>>82633418
I thought it was very entertaining, and I usually don't enjoy older movies.
>>
Citizen Kane is genuinely entertaining and one ofthe faster paced filmd of it's era. You're just a pleb
>>
>>82633418
It's really pretty and has some of the best set design I've ever seen.
>>
>>82633418

The only thing I got out of this as a few "how did they film this in 1941?" moments. That's really the only value the movie has today.

It's strange how many people don't understand that influental and great are two different things.
>>
Just a one season wonder
>>
>>82633418
>by modern standards
Fuck off idiot, go watch iron man 3 or something
>>
File: 1415187744942.jpg (45KB, 600x622px) Image search: [Google]
1415187744942.jpg
45KB, 600x622px
>>82633418
>but God dammit by modern standards it's boring as fuck.
What's wrong? Not enough superheroes, CGI and quips?
>>
>>82635283
Fucking this. I've seen retards on here talk about how boring Citizen Kane is multiple times. It boggles my mind, the plot is extremely fast-paced and tight. If you think Citizen Kane is "boring" by any standard, you're a pleb plain and simple
>>
>>82635523

Birth of a Nation was influential but not great.

Citizen Kane was both influential and great.

It wasn't even just "great for its time". It was a sprawling, ambitious character study with blood and sweat poured into every frame of it.

It holds up.
>>
File: 1494047146507.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1494047146507.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>82633418
>>
>>82635987
>>82636007
>Everyone who doesn't share my shit taste must only like capeshit
Fuck off. I bet you liked Silence too.
>>
>>82633418
You're a pleb. Sorry there weren't enough explosions for you.
>>
MUAAAAA THE FRENCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s
>>
>>82636678

>le epic explosions response XD
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.