[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: watchmen-photo5.jpg (278KB, 1200x968px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-photo5.jpg
278KB, 1200x968px
What went wrong?
>>
What the fuck do you mean?

This is one of the best comic movies ever made.
>>
>>82630616
two words:
slo mo
>>
A bunch of shit outlined in the comics, basically though they all succumbed to human flaws and circumstances highlighting something already obvious, superheros let alone superhero teams are impractical in the real world
>>
>>82630616
The Comedian tried to rape Silk Spectre

And later had consensual sex with her

Somehow

And that led to the birth of Silk Spectre II

Who became the lover of Dr. Manhattan

Who later went to Nam with the Comedian

And who later killed Rorschach

To protect Ozymandias plan

Ozymandias, the guy who killed the Comedian

And made Nite Owl II to compromise with him

The same guy who started fucking Silk Spectre II

The daughter of the Comedian

All of this in less than one month
>>
>>82630616

>there will never be a spinoff of the 1940's Minutemen brutally beating Japanese americans

i wish there was still Sam Raimi around
>>
Nothing.
It's great and the ending is better than what we had in the comics.
>>
HBO is doing a TV series.
>>
>>82630697
>mother raped
>child born
>child becomes someone's lover
>gets fucked by someone else

>all in less than a month

you're right that is p wrong
>>
>>82630697
>Somehow
It's actually not as uncommon as you'd think. Especially back then. Women who got roughed up by a guy who end up hooking up with him. People are weird.
>>
>>82631482
source ?
>>
>>82631651
My ass
>>
>>82631602
literally every guy my sister has dated
>>
Ozymandias was lame

"Now listen..."
"No... You listen"
>>
>>82630616
Nothing. It's the only good capeshit movie. In fact, I wouldn't even really call it capeshit.
>>
File: snyder.png (356KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
snyder.png
356KB, 512x384px
>>82630616
Idiot manchild director hugely missing most of the point of the story.
Some characterizations flattening or movie-fying several characters that were originally way more interesting.
General industry hubris validating the notion that film is somehow the ultimate medium for telling any story.

The final act changes were ok though.
>>
>>82630784
I agree, Manhattan being the villian to unite human was much more palatable then an alien. In the comic he fucks off anyways, why even bring up aliens.
>>
Memes aside I think Watchmen is a pretty decent movie. Snyder isnt a complete hack, despite his recent failures.
>>
>>82631817
because an unknowable threat would feed into the imagination more and create more fear
>>
>>82630616
malin akerman is a terribly shit actress
matthew goode was an awful casting decision
forced comedy at certain parts

the manhattan origin scene is still pretty good, tho
>>
>>82631877
But the point is simply for the entire world to unite against a common threat, Manhattan achieves that.
>>
>>82631817
i think moore was trying to say something about how a ridiculous comic book scenario like a giant tentacle monster is used as a facade to hide a darker reality and truth just like how costumes and fighting villains is used a facade to hide the darker reality and truth of the people underneath them

overall though it was just a little too ridiculous and unnecessarily convoluted but may have served his agenda against superhero culture, in a real world scenario uniting the world against manhattan makes more sense
>>
>>82630616
Improved the ending and some comic cultists (the kind of guy who calls it "graphic novel") couldn't handle it. Other than that nothing, it's a fine movie from a fine comic
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.