[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Archer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: archer.jpg (238KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
238KB, 670x377px
What went wrong?
>>
Is the latest season any good?
>>
It got too into self referential humor and began to depend on it.
>>
>>82630109
the idea was decent but i didnt really like it
>>
>>82630099
Vice and making paperthin characters like Pam and Cheryl mains.
>>
>>82630326
Vice was so terrible
>>
>>82630342
cherlene was pretty hot tho
>>
>>82630451
Carol is the hottest out of them true.
>>
>it's a Barry episode
>it's a Slater episode
>it's an episode in which Pam gets non-negative screen time
>>
>>82630109
not form the fist 3 episodes i watched, and was even high.
>>
>>82630468
>and your OTHER Barry...
>>
File: Brrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaap.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Brrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaap.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>82630109
NO

It's bad. Really, really bad. Nothing is funny or interesting.

Goes out of its way to undermine and negate and retcon literally everything from the previous 7 seasons (characters, setting, events- everything) and make it's own season meaningless (IT'S ALL A DREAM)

Was hoping ep1 would be a one-off but nope, they just went with it.

Everything is slow and unfunny. Dialogue is torturous. Milks the fact that Woodhouse's VA died IRL several years ago.

Plot is overfocused, characters underdeveloped. Nothing is funny or interesting.

Visually looks like ass, everything is DARK and washed-out like a Snyder flick.

Insultingly bad. Nothing is funny or interesting.

RIP in pieces. At least seasons 1-7 still exist.
>>
>>82630111
This
>>82630326
This
>>82630468
This
>>
>>82630342

Yes it was. I was unironically looking forward to it because I love Miami Vice, but their take on it was absolutely horrible.
>>
>>82630099
Nothing, it just overstayed its welcome.
>>
>>82630468
Barry episodes are anti-comedy now.
>>
>>82630099
Wasnt any funny to begin with
>>
>>82630553
contrarian, it was good for a while
>>
barry episodes are no longer original, so it is shit
>>
>>82630498
>>82630473

Damn. What a shame, few seasons were absolute gold
>>
I was worried when they abandoned the spy agency concept and just as I thought the series dropped off from there.

I seem to recall someone from the show saying they were running out of ideas re: the spy agency anyway so this was a way to freshen things up, etc etc...But clearly they were just out of ideas period, hence the reliance on callbacks and shit.

I've also never been a fan of dream sequences in shows, so even if I were into noir or "classic" hollywood (I'm not) this season would have been a hard sell. They ran out of ideas years ago and are just cashing the checks now.
>>
>>82630498
I think it's better than last season.
>>
It dragged out after season 3ish.
Heard the new season archer is in a Coma?
If so, nothing that happens in the season has weight to it because it hasn't happened.
>>
>>82630099
same jokes every episode
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.