[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it get so much hate ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 44

File: 13.jpg (397KB, 1600x781px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
397KB, 1600x781px
I just finished it, and honestly didn't think it's as bad as people make it out to be.

What does /tv/ think about it ?
>>
Because it's overrated.
>>
>>82630054
I tried watching it, but turned it off about halfway through the first episode. The amount of cringe made felt like the weight of a million suns crushing my soul. Noped the fuck out of getting invested right then and there. No regertz.
>>
>>82630054
Without its pacing and progression, in which a resolution is inevitably reached, while tension increases as the series continues, I probably would not have finished it. The writing can be downright dreadful at times. The characters, while given proper roles and variety, aren't memorable, and I never got the impression that Hannah had a good reason to kill herself. I wish more shows with good writing and characters and an interesting conflict also had this show's pacing.
>>
>>82630066
It is indeed. But it is watchable, especially for Netflix standards.

>>82630083
It gets better once you get past the first episode.
>>
My girlfriend liked it so I'm confident that it's garbage.
>>
>>82630054
>Bad acting
>Nonsensical premise ("I was raped but instead of just saying so I'll make 13 tapes out of which 12 will be inane bullshit")
>dialogue is bad it made me shake my head in disbelief quite a few times
>shilled relentless on /tv/ (which always make me hate the thing marketed, I can't even watch Star Wars movies anymore)
Even Netflix knows better than this.
>>
>>82630130
>It gets better once you get past the first episode.
I. DON'T. CARE.
>>
>>82630130
>It gets better once you get past the first episode.
Bullshit
>>
>>82630130
Making it past the first episode was too much for me.

Sorry the way the "teenagers" talk and act to each other is so completely unbelievable i turned it off and never went back after Hannah got off the school bus.

Also Hannah is QT but she looks like shes 20 and is telegraphing all her lines too. fukken ridiculous
>>
>>82630054
it was shit
>>
>>82630054

It has its cringy moments, but overall it's a very good show. The pacing and suspense building is nothing less than masterful.

It's also surprising how subtly they approached the subject. In this SJW era, the political pandering could've been much much worse.
>>
I feel like it was very meh until episode 10. Episodes 10-13 were pretty good, but those three episodes couldn't save it from being mediocre. Also Jeff is an absolute lad.
>>
Even if it wasn't shit, I would still avoid it because it's depressing.
>>
>>82630302
Yeah, way too much filler in the middle. But believability still fell in the end. Whole twist is that she was also raped, but somehow everyone that heard it before though she was lying at that point, and there is absolutely no reasonable explanation why it would be so. And then just as protagonist listens to last tape, everyone excepts it.
>>
>>82630880
thanks for using spoiler tags
>>
>>82630188
>Also Hannah is QT but she looks like shes 20

Everyone is clearly overage. Korealesba especially, but she and few others at least acts young.
>>
>>82630902
Why would you be lurking in a thread of a show you haven't watched jet?
>>
Those tapes also made at least #1-11 an accessory after the fact to the rapes. Also, they were withholding evidence and in possession of possibly illegal wiretaps.
Way to ruin more lives, Hannah.
>>
>>82631692
>Caused Clay PTSD
>Caused Alex to shoot himself in the head
>Ruined her parents lives for forever
>witnessed a rape and did nothing about, instead put it on a tape so that everybody can hear about it

Is Hannah the true antagonist of the show?
>>
The only thing that makes it watchable is based Bryce.
>>
real talk, if the suicide scene wasn't there to spark up controversy, the show probably would just go unnoticed.
>>
>>82631776
>Is Hannah the true antagonist of the show?
No, the writers are
>>
File: 1.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Because Hannah is a fucking lying cunt.
>>
File: grab.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
grab.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>82631790
How can one man be so based?
>>
It's horrendously aweful.
1. Acting, it's atrocious
2. Nothing in it is realistic, at all, conversations are so unreal that it completely destroys all immersion
3. Glorifying suicide, yes it does. it's 13 episodes of people giving the poor suicide girl a bunch of attention
4. Lol you know whats better than a random depressed suicide, lets give her a lesbian kiss scene, and oh, she's being stalked too, and her first kiss was with a douchebag whiteguy that betrays her, and oh, she has to have a cute lovestory with the protagonist, and oh, oh, she has to be a cute grill with a great body so guys watching can have a minicrush on her to keep watching, and oh, she gets raped. and oh, her friends leave her!

if you wanna make a teen suicide awareness have it be a random kid that noone pays attention to and does nothign wrong/has nothing wrong with him.
>>
>>82630157
>Bad acting
Nope.
>>
>>82631993
>nope
does anyone even do any acting beside Clay and Ms barker?
>>
Honestly having her being raped was a bad choice, tbqh. It would have been enough if the guilt about witnessing her friends rape and not doing anything about it drove her to it. Also, her parents still loved her, i feel like the whole 'lost the money' plot was just thrown in last second to explain why she thinks her parents don't want her as well, but they never truly sold that to the viewer at least. and assumingly she never even wanted them to hear the tapes, so she basically fucked them up even more.
>>
>>82632095
I don't understand why her father didn't just sell his failing business and find a full time job working somewhere else. Pharmacists make great money even if they don't own their own pharmacy.
>>
>aa
>>
>>82631993
Sorry, I meant "abysmal" not just bad. Thanks for correcting me
>>
>>82632020
What the hell do you even mean by that?
>>
>>82630054
>was clearly written by some histrionic feminist with secret rape and suicide fetishes
wew
>>
>>82632095
i don't understand why she just walked to bryce's house and went to one of his party's.
>>
>>82632020
tony when he's wondering whether what he's doing is the right thing

surprisingly i think alex and tyler did pretty good jobs at just being regular high schoolers. their performances felt grounded to me.
>>
>>82632159
The acting is great though.
>>
>>82632172
he's probably one of those people that think that crying and screaming constitutes good acting.
>>
if you're male and you watch this garbage you should kys.
>>
Hannah's story is basically what happened to Veronica Mars, except Veronica wasn't a whiny bitch about it.
>>
Did anyone actually watch this? I managed the first 2 episodes and then I just fastforwarded whenever it was non-tape scenes cuz I just wanted to know the 13 reasons she killed herself but then I couldn't differ between what was tape and what wasn't and I just gave up. Utter garbage show
>>
If you wanna see a real depiction of a depressed teenager, watch season 4 of Roseanne, Darlene's arc is one of the most realistic and relatable things i've seen on television.
>>
>>82632236
haha good one
>>
>I got bitchslapped by one of my insecure friends, better make that a reason why I killed myself and guilt trip her for the rest of her life

also anyone that absolutely can not stand Hannah? Her dialogue is just bizzare, nobody talks like that.
>>
>>82632307
sounds like a retarded way to watch a show that is half reasons and half consequences
>>
File: 1488261760466.png (879KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1488261760466.png
879KB, 710x842px
>>82632345
"one of my insecure friends"
but jessica was basically her only friend at that point. if you can even consider clay a friend.
>>
>>82632307
Are you retarded?
>>
>>82632307
>I couldn't differ between what was tape and what wasn't and I just gave up
sounds like you just retarded. they even went to the trouble of giving the MC a bandaid on his forehead to help you know what's the past and what's the present.
>>
>>82632348
I really really didn't care about the consequences because all the characters were so unbelievable and unrelatable. When the only somewhat accurate depiction is popular girl pays extra attention to making her lips nice after a list saying how nice her lips are you know you've made a shitty teen show
>>
>>82632307
just drop it like the rest of heterosexual males in the world did
>>
>>82632264
you're going on my tapes, asshole.
>>
>>82632372
bitch please she's a witty, attractive brunnete whom all the main male characters have a crush on, if having no friends was a reason to kill yourself 90% of kids that move to another city would commit sudoko
>>
File: 1471705397566.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471705397566.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>people looking for a rational explanation when suicide at such a young age is as irrational as things get

you're fighting a losing battle if you don't think this show is somewhat realistic.
>>
They should have made the show about Jeff
>>
>>82632148
well that's what he was planning to do at the end of the season.
>>
File: 1474285869707.png (164KB, 364x350px) Image search: [Google]
1474285869707.png
164KB, 364x350px
>>82632420
being crushed on isn't the same as having friends

would you have preferred to have no friends in high school?
>>
>>82632421
We're not looking for a rational explanation to why she killed herself, we're looking for a rational explanation for why none of the characters in the show are based on human teens
>>
So how will season 2 go? First season was 13 episodes, one for each tape, what's gonna be season 2? "oh shit, we've found some outtakes never before heard recording?"
>>
>>82632443
I moved to another country in highschool. It takes a while to get friends, she just up and threw herself down the rabbit hole of depression and suicide just because she had to look around for more than a few hours for a new super best friend
>>
>>82630054
Because commiting suicide and leaving a note accusing others is like a curse. It's a vicious, spiteful, vile act that cannot be changed or reasoned with.
>>
File: 13rws2.jpg (147KB, 612x918px) Image search: [Google]
13rws2.jpg
147KB, 612x918px
>>82632473
Bryce's trial, Tyler's pumped up kicks and the Baker case conclusion.
>>
>>82632476
dude did you watch the show? she was best friends with alex and jessica for months and then they ditched her
>>
despite its best efforts, it still felt like a psa against bullying or shaming or just being male teens. didn't feel like a real story about someone falling into a severe depression. even the 'signs' they talked about in the beginning of the show didn't apply to Hannah.
>>
Epitomizes, justifies and presents without derision the retarded modern 'rape is bad mkay' agenda.
>>
>>82632509
>no more tapes

so basically the title of the show is now meaningless.
>>
>>82632558
>The tapes are still obviously on people’s minds, but there is a different sort of analog technology that plays a hugely important role in season two,” Yorkey told EW. “So the cassette tapes aren’t at the center of it — those two boxes of tapes are still hanging around and matter to people — but there will be a new piece of technology for 13-year-olds to Google and try to understand what it was.”

So something like VHS probably.
>>
>>82632601
>fucking alex recorded his suicide note on a vinyl record.
>>
>>82632533
>'rape is bad mkay' agenda.
?????
>>
>>82632509
>4
jesus fucking christ can we have a single show or movie that isn't empowering women and putting down men?
>>
>>82632601
wax cylinders confirmed for season 2
>>
>>82632639
worst thing is most of the writers on the show are men, so it's already a lost battle.
>>
File: 1469586253195.gif (1003KB, 272x429px) Image search: [Google]
1469586253195.gif
1003KB, 272x429px
tfw you can't discuss a show on /tv/ without /pol/tards breathing down your neck getting triggered by it, holy shit
>>
>>82632509
Jesus christ I thought nothing could be worse than this season but holy fuck they could outdo themselves with the second
>>
>>82632601
Maybe something to do with Tyler's photography?
>>
>>82632693
all the couples on the show are interracial and the only 2 white female teens are outcasts.
>>
>>82632629

I don't know a better way to put it.

But if you haven't seen how people are pushing for complete lack of accountability whatsoever for victims (i.e. going to the party / house of a KNOWN FUCKING RAPIST!) while also expecting society to imprison people on the whim of accusation, when the victim provides no information or evidence (that scene with the guidance Councillor where she doesn't tell them that hes a rapist), all the while shaping the narrative to try garner sympathy for this colossal retard while still coming off with this air of "This is how fucked up our society is, teach men not to rape shitlord."
>>
so why is no one treating Clay like the freak that he is after the scene he caused at the basketball game?
>>
>>82632790
Because everyone is concerned about the tapes and that Clay could go nuclear at any point.
>>
>>82632740
the counselor scene showed the complexity of the whole situation though. hannah didn't feel like she could just give a name because there was pressure coming from the counselor telling her that 'we all make mistakes', there's the pressure from the fact that people have given her a reputation as a cockslut despite this not being true, and even more pressure because bryce is 'the perfect student' or whatever. thing is people aren't pushing for a 'complete lack of accountability'. when it comes to trial the facts are laid out good and proper, they get alibis and witnesses and it's investigated thoroughly. and if the woman's facts don't stack up then it's thrown out and if it's deemed malicious then the girl can face prosecution.

>this colossal retard
she didn't really do anything wrong though.
>>
>>82632912
only 10 other kids know about the tapes, tho.
>>
>>82630054
its an entertaining watch thats for sure, the way the story was told is enjoyable.
Its only when I reflect on it I find myself thinking theres a lot of stupid stuff in it
>>
>>82632931

> No i'm not going to tell you any details that could be corroborated.
> Wah why does no one believe me.
> *Kills self*

Sounds colossally retarded to me. Also, again, going to the house of a known god damned rapist as if everything is going to be hunky dory and still being presented as a justified character despite this.
>>
>>82631823
Zach is awesome character. Such a wasted opportunity that they didn't build on him. Hannah thought he's the baddy, but he had a serious crush on her.
>>
File: Spoiler image.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spoiler image.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
what did she mean by that?
>>
>>82633006
using basic fucking empathy you can understand that she was in a vulnerable enough state as it was, and that coupled with the belief that nobody would fucking believe her and bryce would go on to live a happy perfect rapist life was enough to convince her to do it.
>known god damned rapist
why do you keep spouting this? only hannah knows. and she only saw bryce rape jessica when she was pretty much out of it after drinking too much. hannah probably assumed bryce wouldn't try it on a girl who wasn't drunk out of her mind and surrounded by other people at a party. a bad assumption to make on her part.
>>
>>82633053
Jesus the sounds in that scene were haunting.
>>
>>82630902
He just saved you 13 wastes of your time, my friend. You should be thanking him.
>>
File: Homer_pink_shirt.jpg (50KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
Homer_pink_shirt.jpg
50KB, 500x385px
>>82630054
>What does /tv/ think about it ?

Whatever an apparent majority of users on /tv/ thinks, OP. Like you didn't already know that.
>>
>>82632095
One of the cringiest moments of the whole show is that money troubles backplot. Nobody involved had a single idea what they were writing about. They loose 700bucks and give a shit ton of fuck, but when the broad moans about a car, daddy goes and replaces his just for her. And then when they're in the crunch, the same daddy quickly accepts her scholarship fund. No kid that has parents in that position would ever think about moaning about a car. Nor would a parent go and do that.
>>
>>82633211
i think the idea is that within a year their income was lowered due to the new store that opened up. they had a bit of breathing room when they just moved there.
>>
File: bill.jpg (143KB, 630x350px) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
143KB, 630x350px
>>82633090
>using basic fucking empathy

We're too :edgy: for that, anon.
>>
>>82630054
I would only watch this if there were more numerous and more graphic rape scenes for me to jerk off to. As it stands I don't care for Dawson's Creek emo edition.
>>
Its watchable and you kinda want to see how dumb it gets
Some problems I had though
>Putting Tonys name on her spider diagram even though he hadn't done anything
>Clay not doing anything wrong
>Actually 70% of the people on the tape not actually doing anything wrong
>Dyce being a comical serial rapist
>>
Why people like this shit again?

when I was a teen, I only used cassettes and I hate them because they sucks.
Why people think that they were cool?
>>
>>82633279
I just ended up watching all 13 episodes when I hopelessly fell in love with her from the very first episode. The writers knew what they were doing by inserting not 1, but 2 feet shots in the first episode.
>>
>>82633291
i guess she only put tony's name there with the question mark because she was thinking about whether to trust him with the tapes or not
>>
>>82633292
retrohipsterism, same as in 90s you had kids who listened to vinyl
>>
>>82633292
dunno man. kind of like in perks of being a wallflower when the guy gets a typewriter.

i like clay's actor because he reminds me of logan lerman
>>
>>82632423
Too good for this world.
>>
>>82633291
>Putting Tonys name on her spider diagram even though he hadn't done anything
She put all the names that are connected to her in that paper, not necessarily just the wrong doers.

>Clay not doing anything wrong
He was an ultra beta in comical levels. Plus when he sperged out on Hannah after she tried to explain what happened to her at the night they kissed.

>Actually 70% of the people on the tape not actually doing anything wrong
Only Zach and Ryan don't deserve to be on the tapes

>Dyce being a comical serial rapist
2 rapes is hardly a serial rapist
>>
>>82633416
>Plus when he sperged out on Hannah after she tried to explain what happened to her at the night they kissed.
FUCK YOU CLAY SHE WANTS TO CRY ON YOUR SHOULDER AND YOU TELL HER TO FUCK OFF, WOOOW
>>
>>82633416
only Bryce deserves to be on the tapes
the majority of stuff is just being mean to her. Everyone has mean shit done to them
>>
File: 1428578997900669[1].jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1428578997900669[1].jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>>82630054
>tfw I will never have hallucinations of a qt suicidefu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSmE_x8qbg
>>
Because Selena Gomez is a fucking producer.
>>
>>82633504
it was kind of farcical just the sheer number of hallucinations clay was having at that point

i kind of hoped that him screaming to stop the game might have been a hallucination too but nope.
>>
>>82632236
You're confusing bad dialogue and bad direction with bad acting. It happens.
>>
>>82633504
fucking cringe.
>>
It's a "I said something but I wanted exactly the opposite and people are mean because they can't read my mind" episode.

>tell Clay to go
>but I wanted him to stay
>you just got yourself a tape, kiddo

>doesn't say "no" or "yes" to Bryce
>but I didn't want it
>this is your tape, bro

>I'm fine, counselor Porter
>I'm not fine but I won't tell you
>don't follow me, Porter
>WTF? Why isn't he following me?
>here is your tape, Kevin
>>
>>82633090
>only hannah knows. and she only saw bryce rape jessica when she was pretty much out of it after drinking too much.

Yeah, except you're wrong. Everyone listening to the tapes knew it. Justin even has first hand knowledge that the first actually happened. They all know about two rapes. And they are all completely willing to believe lying explanation, despite the fact that she told the truth about their own cases. It's a huge plothole that isn't present in the novel, because in novel the guy listens to all the tapes at once.
>>
>>82633549
Clay was off his meds.
>>
>>82633639
but we're talking about events that took place BEFORE the tapes. nobody knew bryce was a rapist before the tapes so you can't really call him a 'known rapist'
>>
>>82632321
rosanne is severely underrated for how good it was. does an incredible job to show how broken families really work
>>
>>82633639
>Everyone listening to the tapes knew it.
No they didn't. Not at first, anyway. Only Justin did, and he actively covered it up. They all repeatedly called Hannah an attention seeking liar.

Bryce was barely even a suspected rapist, let alone a "known" rapist.
>>
File: 13-reasons-why-112-26[1].jpg (220KB, 1712x962px) Image search: [Google]
13-reasons-why-112-26[1].jpg
220KB, 1712x962px
>tfw third of you thinks it wasn't rape

Edgy desu.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12935777/r
>>
>>82633639
>Everyone listening to the tapes knew it.
The tapes didn't exist before Bryce's party you feloniously stupid prick.
>>
File: 1494369387699.png (170KB, 636x530px) Image search: [Google]
1494369387699.png
170KB, 636x530px
>>82632345
>tfw best friend's ex acted like this
>tfw she died in a very bizarre and unlucky car accident
>tfw friend is fucked up because her family forced him to see the aftermath pictures
>tfw he said she wasn't even recognizable
>tfw her family still posts about her daily, sometimes even tagging my friend

people can be so fucked man.
>>
>>82633872
How did they force him to see the pictures?
>>
>>82634130
Never asked. I don't try to mention anything about her since everyone already does it. It obviously hurts him when people do.
>>
So why did Hannah made out with Courtney if she herself wasn't gay?
>>
>>82634214
Hannah was a slut.
>>
>>82634214
All girls are lesbians.
>>
>>82634214
She was kind of hesitant and weirded out by it and was looking for an excuse to stop.
>>
>one episode she says that no one ever figured out the lesbian kissing pic was her and Courtney
>next episode basically all the guys knew it was them.

can't even keep continuity between 2 tapes.
>>
File: cia.jpg (30KB, 408x403px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
30KB, 408x403px
>>82634444
Those are big digits.
>>
>>82634444
4u
>>
why are all cassette players on tv always Sony? didn't anyone else ever made ones?
>>
>>82634624
Yeah but you were officially "that guy without a walkman" if you didn't use a walkman.
>>
>>82634675
i had a walkboy :)
>>
>>82634701
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>82633837
It was definitely rape, but it was a completely avoidable rape that doesn't allow me to feel sympathy for her because of how monumentally stupid her choices were
>Wahhhh, I was robbed wearing my money suit in an area known for high rates of armed robbery!!!!
>>
Just watched the first episode. pretty damn cringy.
started watching the second and couldn't get past after she said "who else is responsible for my dead" fuck you bitch. Blaming other people is the stupidest fucking thing
>>
>>82634840
She kept trying to leave, though. He pinned her down. In the book she allows it but in the show she tries to run.
>>
>>82634535
you're confusing speculation with knowledge.
>>
>>82635044
unless she outright says 'that's me' then everything is speculation, but saying people "haven't figured it out" is a lie. it implies that it was never even speculated.
>>
>>82633549
Casting thing, nothing else. Lead female is dead, so they put her in flashbacks.

>>82633759
>>82633697
>>82633843
Not the one calling Bryce known rapist. I'm only talking about lame plot holes. There are two people that know she didn't lie about first rape. There is Tony that does not believe her lying at all. All the rest somehow do not talk about the rapes at all, and even go as far as framing, intimidating and talking about killing Clay. Why? To protect Bryce? Whom nobody even confronts, and half of them aren't even friends with him. Where is reason to that? Even Tony's story falls to the ground. He's the moral character throughout the show, helps Clay, helps mom, but he knew about two rapes from tapes, and does absolutely nothing about it.
>>
>>82635136
The only one who knows for sure the 1st rape happened is Justin. The other kids had convinced themselves and each other that Hannah was a liar and a drama queen. Justin didn't say anything because he wanted to protect both Bryce and his girlfriend. Tony didn't say anything initially because he was following Hannah's explicit instructions not to, but in the end he caves. The show makes all of this extremely clear.
>>
>The show makes all of this extremely clear.

lolno. They took the bad mystery novel route. Everything is in the clouds until the protagonist figures all out, fuck logic and common reasoning up to that pont, and lets just hope nobody looks too far into it.
>>
File: 13rw_107_00656r[1].jpg (360KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
13rw_107_00656r[1].jpg
360KB, 2000x1333px
>>82630054
Why is she so perfect lads?
>>
who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make betas who are drinking for the first time drink a huge bottle of 40% and why were the chads saying you can't get drunk from one bottle this shit was so fucking unrealistic i hope the writers kys themselves you can probably die from necking that much liquor
>>
>>82633325
Implying hipsters don't still buy vinyl
>>
>>82634214
experimenting.
>>
>>82636960
dude it was beer lmao, not some 40% shit.
>>
SHORT HAIRED HANNAH WAS CUTE

CUTE!
>>
>>82630054

what you have is a piece of gold wrapped in dog shit. You have a good basic plot but then filling it with teen drama. should have made it like 3 episodes max.
>>
File: 1359074201458.jpg (149KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1359074201458.jpg
149KB, 5000x5000px
>>82637135
They put teen drama in a tv show about high school.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??!??!?!?!?
>>
>>82637100
why did they call it a 40 then also why would someone drink something that is under 40% anyway i only do shots and straight whiskey
>>
>>82637225
It was a 40 of beer.

As in 40oz.

Fuck you're dumb.
>>
>>82637176

yeah, its fucking garbage idea. some to a certain point is okay, but when you start seeing shit about clay is going to jump off a cliff or whatever, then its fucking retarded.

worst scene was when he is hallucinating seeing her in front of the store or on the basketball court. fuck I hate this show.
>>
File: 13reasonswhyy (2).jpg (233KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
13reasonswhyy (2).jpg
233KB, 1366x768px
>>82637122
BUT is she cuter than long haired Hannah?
>>
>>82637333
unequivocally: yes

i don't like long haired hannah and she has a nicer silhouette with the short hair.
>>
>>82637252
>ameriburger units

sorry that i don't use barbaric archaic units
>>
>>82637368
Helps that the episodes with the short hair are the better ones and she's ultra qt when she's depressed.
>>
File: 13reasonssuicide.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
13reasonssuicide.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>82630054
:^)
>>
>>82638833

this is the best thing to come out of this shitty show.
>>
>>82638833
>mfw normies getting triggered that this scene was "needlessly graphic"

kek
>>
>>82637425
He says, while talking about an American TV show on an American Imageboard on his American computer
>>
>>82637425
nice erasure of western colonization and oppression, you white fascist. die in a ditch really
>>
>>82638833
>open webm
>close webm instantly
i don't want to watch it again. it felt way too real. i don't get triggered by actual people dying but that triggered me fellas.
>>
They're going to jump the shark really hard in Season 2, I can just feel it.
>>
>>82639660
Nah, it will be total, unadulterated, school shooting kino.
>>
>>82639821
>mfw tyler goes around doing 'photoshoot' puns while he guns everyone down
Can't wait.
>>
>be me
>new school no friends
>meet alpha grill named Jessica who is also new with no friends and make jokes at HS counselor
>we friends now
>Jessica being alpha grill settles in to new school and predictably matches with other alphas
>Jessica no friend no more cuz Im beta and thicc
>this is the real life
>here's ur tape
>>
Its boring and the characters are off
>>
disappointing final episode
disappointing parents discovery scene
>>
File: manchester.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
manchester.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>82641248
you thought the scene was bad? i thought it was pretty good. felt grounded enough that it didn't feel like they were screaming "GIMME AN EMMY GIMME AN EMMY".

i liked the way the show handled jumping back and forth in time. lot of camera pans lol, but some of the cuts were really good too. at times it reminded me of manchester by the sea, like when clay tells his mom he knew hannah outside the police station. acting wasn't masterclass but it had it's moments. like the way hannah's mom was acting post-suicide was really good, she had the resting facial expressions nailed.
>>
>>82641248
>disappointing parents discovery scene
Oh lawdy our only child is lying in a bathtub with what appears to be blood!
Andy! Is this blood?
Wut do?

If that were my kid I'd have freaked the fuck out
>>
>>82641429
direction and cinematography was alright in the show, but nowadays that's almost a given.
>>
>>82641586
luckily they resisted the temptation to do le epic 5 minute tracking shots like meme detective and meme of thrones.
>>
why did she have to be in the tub to slit her wrists? and why leave the water running?
>>
>>82641798
if i'm not mistaken people slit their wrists in the tub so they can't feel themselves bleeding out due to the hot water
I could be wrong on that though
>>
>>82641798
>why did she have to be in the tub to slit her wrists?
it's supposed to be a relaxing thing to steadily bleed out, the water helps lessen the pain i guess.
>and why leave the water running
because she's a dummy
maybe she wanted to be found, maybe she forgot, my guess is it was just a poorly thought out plot device so that her parents would find her
>>
>>82641798
Its the old roman way. Bath nice and warm. Supposedly makes it less painful and blood flow more freely for a quicker exit
>>
File: 1459737994090.png (838KB, 921x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1459737994090.png
838KB, 921x1023px
>>82641798
Why are you asking anon? Should we be worried?
>>
how the hell did 9 other people managed to hear all the tapes in the course of a week?
>>
>>82641438
>If that were my kid I'd have freaked the fuck out
Do you not understand how shock works?
>>
>>82641961
they actually listened to them in one sitting whereas clay decided to listen to one a day. probably because it was a lot for him to process.
>>
>>82640189
> the characters are off

They lowkey aren't.
>>
>>82641998
Her parents were not very shocked. They were pointing out the shit acting acting job
>>
>>82641961
Its only 10hrs of listening. I could burn thru 2hrs of listening driving to and from work and the other 8 in my garage with a bag of weed a razor and a shotgun
>>
>>82642321
>i only like real actors like leonardo dicaprio who shouts and screams I'M ACTING
you should watch some japanese acting you'd love that because it's basically the same screaming and shouting.
>>
Sheri should not have gotten a tape. Jeff, as bro as he was, should have known not to speed into an intersection despite not seeing a stop sign.
>>
what did we think of the soundtrack lads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtlgYxa6BMU
>>
>>82642538
baby's first indie mixtape
>>
>>82642321
>Her parents were not very shocked.
Are you joking? Mom acted exactly what you would expect someone to act like in shock. Dad's performance was kinda weird, but not terrible.
>>
>>82630066
Fuck off tripfag.
Suck my cock.
>>
>>82642538
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSycSBYHitc

We loved it.
>>
so why were the testimonies filmed in Nov 2017?
>>
>>82642656
that's when season 2 will come out
>>
File: comeout.jpg (233KB, 1064x1744px) Image search: [Google]
comeout.jpg
233KB, 1064x1744px
>>82630054
Ryan was low key based.
>>
>>82642656
I assume because she killed herself fairly early in the school year so they couldn't have made it in April/May or whatever the show was released.
>>
>>82642683
who was the top when he and Tony dated?
>>
>>82642683
the archetypal annoying pretentious literal faggot

>based
>>
>>82642683
is it me or do all flaming faggots on tv have the same voice?
>>
File: 1494364533840.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494364533840.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
what actor do you think is most likely to visit /tv/?

i reckon clay's actor
>>
>>82642538
i enjoyed it but that selena gomez cover of only you was dog shit, should've been the original considering they played a queen song that ep.
>>
>>82642770
tyler

zack maybe, probably a phone poster

that guy in the convenience store
>>
>>82642268
"I need a Cassette player, you know what, im im Just gonna steal it from my Friend instead Just asking"
At that point i Just turned off, if they managed fuck up this simple relation i don't want to know how they will manage to fuck up lazer
>>
>>82639569
shil.jpg
>>
I enjoyed the show to be honest, but Hannah was a cunt.

Yes, she got fucked over by a lot of people and rumours spread about her, but guess what, that happens to probably 90% of school children.

Bryce was the ONLY person who deserved a tape and any real consequences. The others just needed a good punch.
>>
File: 13reasonshannahh.jpg (178KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
13reasonshannahh.jpg
178KB, 1366x768px
>>82642706
Tony obviously.

>>82642710
>constantly shutting down the most annoying character in the show
>not based

s mh.

>>82642729
No.

>>82642770
>tfw someone saved my smug Hannah.

Feels good man.
>>
>>82642683
Fuck off Courtney!
>>
>>82632509
>5

>Clay recorded him without his knowledge or consent
>Holding up in a court of law

Pick 1.

Bryce is walking free, lads.
>>
Can someone help me with the timeline?

How long was she in that high school?
When was the suicide?
How long did it take for Clay to finish the tapes?
>>
>>82642806
When they remake the show theyll use a Zune instead. Cuz edgy
>>
>>82642880
Based Bryce did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82642884

No idea how long she was in the school, gonna guess about a year (since Halloween, valentines and summer break all happened)

About 2-3 weeks before the show

Probably a week, max?
>>
>>82642925
What if it was YOUR sister or YOUR daughter?
>>
File: 1366465746280.jpg (58KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1366465746280.jpg
58KB, 720x720px
>>82642683
i laughed when they had that roundtable meeting at monet's and someone said "this is a bomb waiting to go off" and he said "well, boom". felt like the timing was pretty good.
>>
>>82642930
>About 2-3 weeks before the show
what show?
>>
>>82642952
I wouldn't raise my daughter to be a slut.
>>
>>82642918
>I think you got something that belongs to me
>I do?
>Yes my ZUNE PLAYER
>>
It's fucking amazing. Nice atmosphere, great cinematography and interesting chars, sometimes edgy, but it's a fitting edgyness, dont know how you say this in english. Edgyness, hope it's right.
>>
>>82642974
From the show's start date I mean. So she killed herself and Clay got the tapes about 2-3 weeks later.
>>
File: 13reasonskino2.webm (961KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13reasonskino2.webm
961KB, 1280x720px
>>82643002
Unironically this. I enjoyed it very, very much.
>>
File: IMG_4619.jpg (68KB, 628x1034px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4619.jpg
68KB, 628x1034px
>>82631790
Is he a dark souls npc?
>>
>>82643024
got it, what about Tony, did he get 'em like 1 day before she killed her herself?
>>
>>82643074
pretty impressive transition not gonna lie
>>
>>82643149
he got it a couple of hours before, maybe not even that.
>>
>>82643149
Actually he got them like a mere hour before she killed herself.

Tony explained it in the show that he saw Hannah dropped of the box at his doorstep and left but since she didn't use the doorbell he didn't think it was anything urgent and so he listened to the first tape about 45 minutes after she had delivered them and then he drove to her house immediately but it was too late.
>>
>>82643255
>>82643266

Tony mentions something about telling her to fuck off at one occasion but it was never shown, I wonder when did that happen
>>
>>82642985
^This is the only acceptable answer
>>
>>82643383
she probably tried to fuck him too, that slut.
>>
>>82642884
She attended sophmore yr
An hero'd early junior yr
>>
>>82632020
Ms Baker fucking sucked at acting

> ô.Ô Ô.ô :/ û.û :\ D: D: -__ô ô__-
>>
>>82642782
Gomez is a producer on the show.
>>
>>82643496
your opinion on the matter has been disregarded.
>>
>>82643500
yeah well

most producers don't put their song into the shows they produce so...
>>
>>82643496
>this post
was it autism?
>>
>>82643540
how many producers are also singers?
>>
>>82643538
>>82643556
You know I'm right.
>>
>>82643580
whether you're right or not is irrelevant, that post was cancer.
>>
One thing doesn't make sense

Clay says he recorded Bryce confessing to the rapes, but in the audio shown, he doesn't confess shit, he just says something like:

>if that's rape, then I guess I raped half of the girls in school
how is this a confession?
>>
>>82643640
the convo he had after he beat the shit out of him was where it was. but it's very vague and probably gonna be an issue in court. that's where season 2 will jump the shark.
>>
>>82643723
What does Bryce say specifically that you think is incriminating?
>>
>>82643640
He said "look, call it rape if you want" when further pressed
>>
>>82643800
and how is that a confession?
>>
>>82643640
been watching better call saul in tandem with 13 reasons why and not i don't even think the recording would stand up as evidence in court.
>>
>>82643723
The entire recording is inadmissible in court.
>>
>>82643921
if we base that the show is based in cali then the entire recording is inadmissible in court due to the "two party consent" law , better call saul is set in new mexico where the law is different + it was a bar hearing not criminal court
>>
>>82642880
Jessica's dad will call an air strike on his house
>>
File: IMG_4620.png (2MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4620.png
2MB, 1136x640px
>>82643083
>>
>>82643496
Freddy's mom
>>
File: 1494275680906.jpg (24KB, 199x242px) Image search: [Google]
1494275680906.jpg
24KB, 199x242px
Funniest moment was when the principal was checking out the bathrooms

>what the hell is a cum dumpster?
>>
Clays mom is in over their head. It looks like the school needs a "criminal laywer" to get them out of this mess.
>>
>>82644381
the moment her son is a witness she shouldn't even be part of the case.
>>
>>82643640
He recorded the whole thing. That was just the part he played Tony. When he gets to Bryce's house he sets his bag down and hits record button.

>gets to listen to himself getting his shit kicked in
>>
>>82644405

are you kidding lol, Clay hit him first
>>
Triggered me pretty hard because of my suicidal sister
>>
>>82644447
what does have to do with it?
>>
File: 1451083282081[1].png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1451083282081[1].png
5KB, 645x773px
>>82630054
At least /our guy/ got Hannah in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnmLgsEQVWA&lc
>>
>>82644532
That's not Jeff homo
>>
>>82644520
What I'm saying is that there's nothing incriminating in that tape.
I thought you were saying that maybe the fact that Bryce beat him up was incriminating but seeing as Clay hit him first...
>>
>>82644532
dude ends up more and more like logan lerman (guy from perks of being a wallflower), logan dated alexandra daddario for a few years
>>
>>82644532
NO! NO! NO! shes mine , anon why you post that. Fucks sake whers my Xanny.
>im gonna cry myself to sleep
he doesn't deserve her ugly fucking manlet. Elliot was right , fucking roasties will get what they deserve
>>
File: hannahclay.jpg (149KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
hannahclay.jpg
149KB, 1366x768px
>>82644709
Rude desu. Dylan is pretty cute.
>>
>>82644636
No. I said he recorded the entire time he was in Bryce's house. Not just the part he played for Tony.

Becuz Clay is beta enough to re-listen to only this part
>>
>>82644953
im gonna have to abandon these threads for a bit, the feels are too much see you on the other side
>>
>>82643640
Nothing in terms of evidence or the court case is realistic at all
>>
>>82644953
How cute is Hannah?
>>
File: Ug.jpg (122KB, 706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ug.jpg
122KB, 706x1024px
>>82644532
Unfortunately he's dating an irl alien
>>
>>82642985
But how can you raise a daughter when you don't even produce sperm yet anon?
>>
>>82630066
kill yourself tripfag. You know she'd want you to.
>>
>>82630054
To quote a famous critic who turned out to be a child-molester, its problem is that it is "a textbook example of an "idiot plot", or plot that only happens because every single character is an idiot."

Every conflict arises because of miscommunication or poor judgement, this wouldn't be a problem if the intended effect is for the viewer to empathize with the people onscreen.
>>
>inadmissable
>cant use as evidence

/tv/ Law & Order
Hannah says that Cat moved to California so theyre obvsly not in CA
Cali e-lawlyers please give it a rest
>>
File: 1487275686091.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
1487275686091.gif
1MB, 167x170px
>>82645022
>>
>>82645181
she says she is dating hipsters, doesn't necessary mean California
>>
>>82645181
Cat said she was fucking hipsters now so maybe socal? Or is that the entire state of california
>>
>>82645291
in the US girls from california get called "valley girl ", here in scotland "vallie girl" would mean a whole different thing hehehehehe
>>
>>82633292
Wasn't cassette sound quality horrible? I had some and they sucked
>>
>>82645022
JUST.

I must imagine that the urge to break up with that thing and to be with Katherine instead must be astronomically high.
>>
Hannah is for _______
fill in the blank
>>
>>82645450
me and me only
>ill never get to BRYCE her sweet flat apparently tight ass
>>
>>82645378
>get her drunk on Buckie
>Smack her over the head with empty bottle

I sometimes wish I was a Scot
>>
>>82645450
abusing
>>
>>82645378
expl sheepfornicator
>>
>>82645497
being a Scot is the best
you know if you can down a bottle and keep it down for an hour Nicola Sturgeon give you an award on national TV? scotland is literally the best place
>>
I think that the biggest problem with the show is that Hannah Baker was an asshole
>>
>>82645450
sexy librarian job
>>
>>82645589
>the biggest problem with the show is that Hannah Baker HAD an asshole
>GOT'EM
>>
>>82645450
Bubble baths while you listen to all of her problems.
>>
>>82645541
People in Scotland like to do a lot of Diazepam. Basically since life here is shit middle aged women who get it prescribed sell their scripts when they realise it doesn't do shit in doses that your meant to take it in and buy weed instead. People like yours truly swallow 10 blues at once down a bottle of buckie and or glenns and then slobber on the floor.
>>
>>82645450
cutting
>>
>>82645450
black guys
>>
>>82645818
Marcus had no game
>>
>>82645589
>typical high school girl
>asshole
>>
File: Wog.jpg (50KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Wog.jpg
50KB, 550x550px
Anybody else think he looks like Plastic Micky from Dr Who?
>>
>>82646195
his head shape is more fucked up than Gal Gadot's, I didn't know Jocks could be ugly as fuck
>>
File: 1494535676053.jpg (89KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1494535676053.jpg
89KB, 550x550px
>>82646195
>>
File: kfc.jpg (18KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
kfc.jpg
18KB, 500x280px
>>82646527
yfw this actually happened
>>
>>82646690
Kek, based netflix.
>>
File: Hannah Upskirt.jpg (5KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
Hannah Upskirt.jpg
5KB, 259x195px
She wasnt't wearing black lacy underwear.
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>82648012
who goes down a slide in a skirt? just asking for trouble
>>
>>82648303
someone who's not wearing pants?
>>
>>82638833
the eay her mom reacts is so funny too

like they tried so hard to be realistic but it was so awfully funny
>>
>>82648381
also whores
>>
>>82648012
Nigga that was obviously a different day, or do you think she only has one pair of underwear?
>>
This should've ended this with 1 season, what the fuck are they gonna do next?
>>
File: IMG_4621.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4621.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>82648969
Hobo fugitive Justin
>>
>>82648969
honing the agenda >>82632509
>>
Hannah was totally unlikable.

Her tapes were supposed to make everyone in them see how much of bad people they were. Instead they just delivered more misery and anguish than anyone ever caused on her. I mean thanks to those fucking tapes several lives are ruined, the school will go bankrupt because of the lawsuit and there's a possible school shooting brewing.....

but hey, at least she got to act all high and mighty.
>>
>>82649957
not to fucking mention Alex suicide. So yeah, that poor wlittle girl that necked herself because of the bullying showed them all by making one of her friends neck himself too.
>>
>>82631776
add next season's school shooting to that list
>>
>>82630188
>Sorry the way the "teenagers" talk and act to each other is so completely unbelievable

Motherfucking this

Every time Clay and Hannah interact

>"Hey"
>"Le quirky sarcastic comment"
>"Le quirky sarcastic reply"

Fucking hell, can they just greet each other like normal fucking human beings and not like two hipsters trying too hard to be funny and zany?

Christ.
>>
>>82632020
>Ms Baker
>Good acting

the fuck?

The only ok acting there was Clay and Tony. The rest were subpar
>>
I really fucking dislike this show.
Like it doesn't feel real, it just feels like everything in the world hates Hannah and to get back at everyone she does these vengeful recordings that cause the kids lives to be completely ruined, one attempts suicide, and another is possibly gonna shoot up the school because hes a edgelord that cant just shoot himself.

Fuck all the sensationalism around this show.
>>
>>82630234
Subtly?

As subtle as a car crash.

>Alex's parents are gay
>jessicas parents are interacial
>hannah is gay
>the asian girl is gay
>tony is gay
>ryan is gay

You probably thought the color saturation "technique" done whenever theres a flashback scene was subtle too
>>
>>82650461
>justin and jessical dating
>hannah is chubby
I bet there's more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
>>
>>82650461
>Hannah is gay

What?
>>
>>82646195
LOL
>>
It's objectively bad, but also I watched it all in one night and had a good time doing so.
>>
>why do you keep spouting this?
Because it is true. She had front row tickets for Jessica's rape starring Bryce. Who in their right mind would hang around the rapist of your ex-best pal? Or is taking off your clothes and jumping in the hut tub, *willingly and knowingly* mind you, because she was vulnerable too?

Yeah, what happened to her was terrible, I agree, but c'mon, no girl would behave that way no matter how depressed they are. Its shoddy writing and it feels like even the writers felt like nothing that happened before that warranted a suicide so they just jammed the whole rape subplot there so that she had a """"valid"""" reason to kill herself.

It's just crappy writing is all.
>>
>>82650988
>>82650988
>>82650988
Fuck, meant to reply to
>>82633090
>>
>>82650686
>taking off your clothes and making out with your cute asian friend

Well, not totally gay, but at least bixsexual.
>>
>>82651110
That's just your typical girl's night out anon.
>>
The only reason people watch this is because they want to talk to their qt co-worker.

at least that's why I started watching it
>>
>>82651362
god speed anon
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.