[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a worse time travel movie than Looper?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

Is there a worse time travel movie than Looper?
>>
>>82629902
I liked it
>>
>>82629902
Yes, but there's no more overrated time travel movie.
>>
>>82629937
>>
>>82629902

Nearly all of them? At least Looper doesn't waste your time or insult your intelligence by trying to explain how its nonsense technology works.
>>
Looper was God tier till they got to the farm. Then it became shit tier.
>>
>>82629937
Timecrimes

One of the worst films i have seen that had the reputation of being good. I can't understand how anyone can like that piece of shit
>>
File: 1459+84.jpg (49KB, 640x515px) Image search: [Google]
1459+84.jpg
49KB, 640x515px
>that scene where they are cutting off a guys limbs and his future self is disappearing
How come they couldn't just kill him and make him completely disappear if that's what they ended up doing anyway?
>>
>>82629984
I mean, timecrimes isn't really that hyped up: it's mostly notable for being an indie foreign.
>>
>>82629902
it beats timecop by a nose
>>
>>82629984
i disagree so therefore you must be stupid or something

timecrimes was the shit
>>
Why do so many action movies have to wind up on a farm for large portions of the film? Looper was great until the production ran out of money.
>>
>>82629984
Oh my fucking GOD. Thank you. Every fucking time I say it here I get eaten alive by timecrimes niggers. Timecrimes WAS SHIT. Yeah fuck you all
>>
>>82630243
You answered yourself
>>
>>82630238
>>82630287
I mean, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't spectacular either. I say that as a massive fan of time loop movies, there's just a lot of better ones out there.
>>
>>82629980

This

It's actually a really enjoyable movie up until then. Though I'd argue Bruce Willis wasn't that great either.
>>
>>82630314
I am not saying it was terrible, but it was stupid. I wouldnt bash it for being cheap or having general stupid plot but my biggest charge is that he was recreating loops for no fucking reason and most people dont see that.
>>
Almost certainly.

I wasn't particularly fond of the movie, but it's at least competently made. I also liked how they got around the time travel discussion, which is practically: fuck off, nobody cares!
>>
>>82630428
>fuck off, nobody cares
well said. thats the looper. it was decent movie thou
>>
>>82629902
Timescape
Millennium
Tim Burtons Planet of the Apes
Interstellar
Timecop
>>
>>82629902
I just watched it the other day, it wasn't what I expected. I assumed it was going to be like a buddy-cop movie where they were going to take down the mafia or something. They mind power shit caught me off guard. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't very good. I'd give it a 6.5/10
>>
>>82629988
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO
IT'S JUST A MOVIE
>>
>>82629988
You are asking too many questions anon
>>
>>82629988
They had to keep the younger version alive because "it would fuck up the timeline" otherwise, but they also had to kill the older version to make sure it didn't cause any problems.

I thought this was made pretty clear in the flick.
>>
Given it barely counts as a time travel movie, then I guess.

It's just bizarre. On one hand, Willis is very blatantly from a parallel universe. But he's still connected to JGL because otherwise the movie can't work.

Ultimately, the whole thing contains about 5 universe ending level paradoxes, and the premise is so mindboggingly stupid that it can't even pretend to make sense for 5 seconds.

It's certainly my most hated movie featuring time travel, because of just how much nobody on set even cared. It's not the worst movie with time travel in it though.
>>
Obviously no one has seen the abomination that is timerider: the adventures of lyle swann.

such an over poweringly dull film, also the time travel rules are nonsense.
>>
>>82630615
what. fucking up related to the old version. in the end they just killed him
>>
That recent gay one where the main character is a time traveling tranny. Pure cancer.
>>
>>82630657
used to have it on VHS bro
>>
>>82630718
It was stupid, but the plot was so confusing that it made it watchable
>>
>>82630715
They killed the old version but kept the young version alive in a machine to make sure it didn't cause any paradoxes.

Not that I'm defending that plot point, of course. It also makes no sense.
>>
>>82630718
i liked it just because it was so bizarre
>>
>>82630794
So why cutting off his fucking legs if they wanted him to come to them. I prefer not to think about it
>>
>>82629980

Yeah, it took until edge of tomorrow for me to appreciate Emily Blunt because she really got a shit part in Looper and it left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>Pick a job you know you'll be killed for sure
>Can teleport people back into the past but don't set the location to the bottom of the ocean or something
>Use a shitty shotgun to kill the target because plot reasons instead of literally any other gun they have in the armory
>Can't kill people in the future yet they kill Bruces waifu
This movie is a mess
>>
>>82629963

it did waste my time having half the movie take place in some farmhouse with a boy with a temper problem
>>
>>82630917
actually using those shitty guns was kinda explained and understandable
>>
>>82630931
so kinda like posting on 4chan
>>
>>82630980
All they said is that they obliterate anything up close but are useless if the target not in front of you and it's a bitch to reload
So you get one shot and that's it
Any other "normal" shotgun is so much better than this one and the only reason it's in the movie is for plot coveniece
>>
>>82629988
Does netflix remove explicit scenes or some shit? I remember rewatching a couple movies on netflix and I found a lot of scenes like this were missing.
>>
File: mike12.png (862KB, 841x1065px) Image search: [Google]
mike12.png
862KB, 841x1065px
>>82630917

>Not a plot hole or even unrealistic at all
>Nowhere does it say they can teleport to any location, only back in time and pretty sure they even explicitly talk about it
>Shitty shotguns that won't be traced or registered

>Killing Bruce's waifu

This is one thing they could have addressed better. I just assumed it was sort of an accident and the guy ended up going to jail or into hiding or some shit

But pretty much everything you said is a dumb nitpick because the only reason it's not a good movie is because of the psychic super child bullshit, really hackneyed and throws off the entire pace of the movie. Also, those fucking face prosthetics, why?
>>
>>82631027
ok, but as you can see in general they all used shitty guns so it is implied that there was some ban on modern guns.
>>
Not yet, but there will be in a few years
>>
>>82630353
The loop was already made when he started. All he did was continue it.
>>
File: 12_Monkeys_Intertitle[1].png (53KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
12_Monkeys_Intertitle[1].png
53KB, 300x169px
Just fuck my timelines up senpai
>>
>>82631138

It's not even really a time travel movie though. You fucked up
>>
>>82631138
the timeline was always stable.
>>
>>82631131
No you didnt understand me. for no reason had he tried to stay in the dark and follow the steps of himself from previous loop. At first it was understandable bc he wanted to close the loop but from the half of the movie it turned into a travesty as it had no sense. Especially during his last loop when he let the young girl die for absolutely no reason
>>
>>82631138
well we dont know if he changed anything so no timelines desu
>>
I don't think so
>>
>>82631266
I'm talking about the tv series adaption
>>
>>82629988
it's called torture
fucking retard
>>
File: file.png (403KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
403KB, 600x800px
This shit is full of plothole, too bad because the visuals were good.
>>
Looper seemed like a combination of about five different plot ideas that were then combined into one movie because all of them were fucking stupid.
>>
>>82631283
Ok. I like that tv show thou. I like s2 more than s1 bc they dropped that disease shit
>>
>>82631304
why. I am not saying I gave it a proper thought but it was quite complete for me
>>
>>82631161
how so?
>>
>>82631293
No shit, that's not the point he was making dumbass.
>>
File: x-wat.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
x-wat.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>82629984
>>82630287
You two are idiots.
>>
>>82631461
t. Timecrime nigger
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>>82629902
Top comfy.
>>
>>82629902
back to the future has pretty shit logic
>>
>>82629902
Every time time travel movie is the same, they just travel time. It's the autistic scientific pseuds that pretend they know how real time travel works that ruin them
>>
How come there's no time travel movie where they have to take into account the position of the Earth at the time they want to travel to? Every time machine ever also seem to be teleporters.
>>
>>82631767
what is Timecop
>>
>>82631709
the problem with most time travel movies is that they dont stick to their own rules
If you make a science fiction movie it's yours to decide how time travek works. And noone can give you shit for that. But if you do it like Looper and pick like three different approaches to the idea of time travel it's just fucking retarded. Either the future is written and you cant change shit like in 12 monkey or you can fuck shit up however you want like in back to the future.
You can mix and match the rules or you'll get a steaming pile of shit like Looper
In which they change the future multiple times by mutilating someone, or falling in love with present time emily blunt, but in the end it's a fixed timeline that loops just because it's a catching title for a time travel movie.

Also why the fuck did the future of the future look less than the present future? Willis moved to china, and it looked like it does today, did they just stop giving a shit at some point?
>>
>>82630615
>cut off his limbs
>not fucking up the timeline

I think my life would have turned out a bit different minus a few extremities.
>>
one scene that pissed my off was back to the future part 2.

Old Griff goes back in time changes thee future then goes back to 2015 to the same future he left
>>
>>82631875
Back to the Future mixes up it's own rules all the time.

It's also shit and people only overrate it because they saw it as kids.
>>
>>82631027
>you only get on shot
Didn't what's his face fire the shotgun multiple times near the end when the dude on the bike was riding down the road at him? I believe he fired it at the street and made a dust cloud, and then shot him off his bike.
>>
>>82631767
It's assumed to be factored into the calculations already.
>>
>>82631767
>>82631983
lets not forget the earth's position in the universe.
>>
>>82631767
Timetravel is a fictional concept. That's like asking how a dragon weighing several tons can fly with such small wings.

This is also a friendly reminder that timetravel is done right when the movie establishes rules for it and then follows these rules. What set of rules a movie uses has nothing to do with doing timetravel right.
>>
>>82631767
Primer
>>
>>82632018
>fictional
>doing it now
>>
File: predestination-poster01.jpg (217KB, 662x960px) Image search: [Google]
predestination-poster01.jpg
217KB, 662x960px
>>82629902
>>
File: 570165004.jpg (207KB, 1000x1481px) Image search: [Google]
570165004.jpg
207KB, 1000x1481px
>>82629902
>yes
>but thats not saying looper is a good time travel movie
>>
>>82631955
Yeah I havent watched all parts it was the only example that came to my mind. The other being the final Futurama episode with that thing that let's you travel a few minutes into the past and parts of the episode with the pink fraud dick aliens.
Or maybe primer. They made money by looking at future stocks iirc.
>>
File: Castleton.jpg (30KB, 613x451px) Image search: [Google]
Castleton.jpg
30KB, 613x451px
really? y'all are asking for a worse time travel movie and I'm the FIRST one to mention Time Chasers?

You're all a bunch of Castleton snobs
>>
Does anybody know that movie from the 90's I think in which time travel is used as some sort of tourism business that sends people back in time to look at catastrophes and such? And then the protagonist get's his hand on the time traveling device and changes the timeline saving people in the present but fucking up the future and then two space cops try to stop him but they are the bad ones somehow?
It was shit afaik but fun and had consistent time travel rules.
No idea what it was called or who was starring in it, have seen it like 10 years ago
>>
>>82632932
No idea. Any actors?
>>
>>82629902
I thought it was a great movie

you nerds really don't like anything do you
>>
>>82633012
no clue
didnt recognize anyone, and I was like 12 so even if I did I'd probably have no idea who they were
I have a hunch thoug, the time tourist might have been that thin grease guy from charlies angels
I'll look it up
>>
It's a very well-done film with two major problems:
>plot holes you can drive a truck through
>Bruce Willis looks nothing like Joseph Gordon-Levitt
I really wanted to like it but my brain couldn't overlook the dummy plot. If anyone doesn't know what I mean just google looper plot holes, there's a long list.
>>
>>82629980
Pretty much this
>>
>>82632932
>>82633099
lol nevermind
thats crispin glover, he was in back to the future and hot tub time machine though, so kinda related I guess

The ending goes as following if I remember correctly
>protagonist saves stadium from burning down
>female time cop shoots protags love interest
>time cops and protagonist go back in time to try again
>time cops plant bombs in stadium
>protag tells love interest to stay back and tries to save the day alone
>female protagonist goes full on fanatic to kill everyone in the stadium and starts detonating the bombs
>male time cop turns "good" for some reason and shoots her
>day is saved
>future is fucked
>>
>>82633099
Gotcha. The Time Shifters or Timescape
>>
>>82633255
>The Time Shifters or Timescape
Yess thats it, a fucking tv film, no wonder I never found anything.
Bless you m8!
>>
>>82630718
You mean the one where the woman gets a sex change, goes back in time, impregnates her past self who then gives birth to herself and then kills her future self? Because that was a wierd movie
>>
>>82633235
Sounds like Predestination
>>
File: d.jpg (779KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
779KB, 960x1440px
>>82629902
>>
>>82632535
>y'all
>>
>They remove your fingers 20 years ago
>you scream now, 20 years in the future
No. No, this is absolutely unacceptable. You either use Novikov self consistency principle and make the character fingerless from the fucking start, and then explain that this happened because someone from the future chopped off his limbs when he was a kid, or you show the character suddenyl fingerless but no one notices anything strange excpet the fucking viewer. People were PAID to write this fucking drivel, i hate them.
>>
>catched
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.