[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (349KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
349KB, 1936x1936px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>82609669
Both? I mean, the Decima dude was totally evil and all, but Samaritan never seemed to be. I mean, it even tried to not kill that one scientist, leaving her death only as a last resort. So Finch's opposition to Decima was good, but against Samaritan? Eh, not so good.
>>
Relative term.

The Machine was benevolent in that all it could do was help save lives. It's one core function was to save people if it could. It never explicitly said anyone should die (except the senator who was gonna push through Samaritan).
It was brought up in the show by Root that the Machine was gimped, crippled by design.

Samaritan was a benevolent dictator. It would leave you be if you followed it's rules, but it wanted to bring humanity to heel, into order by force. That was the one true evil facet. It would kill if it was more efficient to do so. It would infect tech like a virus to get people to do what it wanted. Remember how it infected a service and targeted suicidal people just to see if it could?

Samaritan was plainly put, a dictator that needed to be opposed.
The Machine while it had flaws was over-all a net positive.
>>
So should I watch this? I watched the first episode and hated Jim Cavizel (fuck you I'm not googling how to spell it) but it seems like eventually the show gets into some fun scifi.

Is it secretly a cop procedural with a twist or did it get fucked like fringe in the first few episodes for the sake of ratings?
>>
>>82610620

It's like a procedural cop show, with less focus on the cops.

Some of the acting and parts of the script are cringe worthy, but the over-all idea and execution is usually ok. It's nothing special, but it's pretty easy to watch.
>>
>>82610620
Caviezel*
>>
>>82610620
Personally, I think you should. It kinda starts off as a spin on the police procedural show then by the end of Season 1 it turns into a sci-fi show and gets better and better with each season.
>>
>>82610714
Plus it has best girl Amy Acker in it
>>
>>82611312

I sat through an episode of Grimm to see her mate. I know how you feel.
>>
>>82611312
>Acker
>Best girl
>Not based Shahi
>>
>>82611398

Shahi is indeed beautiful, but Shaw is boring.

Shaw tries to hard to be in the 'alpha' position and it feels un-natural for the given circumstances it happens in, especially in scenes with Reese.

Root however is adorable even if she is a fucking psycho.
>>
>>82611398
Nah, Shaw is hot but she's an autist.
>>
>>82609669
Greer was more of a cunt.
>>
File: Rare Finch.jpg (33KB, 752x860px) Image search: [Google]
Rare Finch.jpg
33KB, 752x860px
>>82610620
It's one of the few series that get progressively better with each season. Season 3 was kino
>>
>>82613502
This! Although you can kinda see the budget cut during S4-5 (CGI in gunplay and less of those cinematic NY street scenes for instance) and the strict CBS rule of the number of the week was a hindrance, but no show is perfect.
>>
>>82610620 don't listen to >>82610714
although he is right for the season 1, it quickly becomes much better after the start of season 2..
although it has its flaws, it really it well-made and a lot more well-thought then its network channel origin says about it.

plus it uses it's AI interface/speculative fiction angle to the fullest (i mean look at pic realted)
>>
File: WARNING.png (658KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
WARNING.png
658KB, 800x800px
>>82609669

God damn that show was fun.
>>
>>82610620
Early on the usual episodes are fairly procedural, but the long-arc is alright. Too bad the show turns to shit in the last two seasons, with garbage gunplay that makes the worst Walking Dead shit look like quality, and the autistic lesbian romance arc got a bit drawn out. Atleast the show wrapped up the whole arc well, with good closure, resolution, and epilogues for the surviving characters.
>>
File: Hersh.jpg (111KB, 315x444px) Image search: [Google]
Hersh.jpg
111KB, 315x444px
>tfw no team relevant prequel
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.