[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was better than I expected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: ash vs evil dead.jpg (366KB, 1200x1788px) Image search: [Google]
ash vs evil dead.jpg
366KB, 1200x1788px
It was better than I expected
>>
I'm still bummed the tie in with Ash and the main girl from the reboot fell through.
>>
>>82609401
The season finale to season 2 was bad though.

Didn't it go through reshoots and that's why the pacing and feeling of it is so off?
>>
I stopped watching somewhere in S2, I know that, much like wanting a Godzilla movie to be nothing but Godzilla smashing shit and nameless scientists arguing in a lab, an Evil Dead show couldn't go on being nothing but Ash, but I still found the sidekicks irritating as fuck.
>>
>>82609522
The latter half of Season 2 drops in quality because there were disputes over scriptwriter credit and who the creative director would be, and there were multiple clashes between these top-level directors on how they wanted the show to go.

It's still good because Campbell is an absolute kino-tier actor, but I did like Season 1 more where everyone pulled their weight and Ash shined, rather than Ash being the only reason to keep watching like in Season 2.
>>
>>82609426
Possibility of her just being added in in season 3? I mean they've time traveled, why can't the book open doors to alternate realities or some shit?
>>
>>82609426
They want to make a part 2 for the reboot before the crossover, so while it's not a "crossover ain't gonna happen" situation, it's more like "when is Fede Alvarez gonna have time to make sequel now that he got popular after Don't Breathe?"
>>
>>82609426
>>82610413
They made Army of Darkness canon with Season 2, something they said would be most likely not to happen due to licensing issues, so for Season 3 there's nothing stopping them from making the tie-in.
>>
>>82610482
This. With darkness canon I'm really hopeful anything can and will happen. High hopes for season 3
>>
I'll check it out for Sam Axe alone.
>>
>>82610482
Army of Darkness was always canon, they just couldn't mention events from that film, hence why Ash didn't have his metal hand. They still don't have the rights to Army because MGM wants too much money for it, so they pull the time travel scene from the ending of Evil Dead II.
>>
File: crazzykelly.png (2MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
crazzykelly.png
2MB, 1800x1200px
Their better be more crazy Kelly, she was hot as fuck imo.
>>
>>82609871
I don't know what is better: what we got or what could have been for season 2 finale:
>Ash & gang go back in time
>Get the book
>Fight Henrietta
>Get the hell out
>Before going back to the future, Ash stops at a bar
>Hits on young teacher who didn't get her dream job
>Two make love in bathroom
>Outside bar, something happens to Kelly
>Turns out Ash is now her father and he just boned her mom in the bathroom
I'm not making this up, this was the real plan before Rob Tapert stepped in and said "Nope, no kids for Ash" even though supposedly Bruce and Sam were down for it. This caused the creative director to leave and the script was quickly re-written.
>>
>>82610789
*possessed slut Kelly
Ftfy
Unless you're some shit fetishist gross dude
>>
>>82610860
No I still want Ash and Kelly to hook up. Before Pablo dies.
>>
>>82610860
Tbh I'm curious how that could've gone. I've loved the Evil Dead for a long time, but something about Ash the Deadite Slayer becoming Ash the Stay-at-home Dad doesn't sit well with me.

It'd also retroactively greatly creepify him flirting with Kelly and her accepting his advances/making her own at him.
>>
>>82610982
Ash wouldn't be a stay-at-home dad since the grown up Kelly was already there. She would have been raised by her parents that we saw in ep 2, but Ash would be her biological dad instead of that one dude we saw.
>>
File: 1493017193329.jpg (70KB, 623x592px) Image search: [Google]
1493017193329.jpg
70KB, 623x592px
>>82610917
>Wanting to fuck a demon
>Calls me a sick fetishist
>>
>>82610536
Wait, are you implying you've never seen anything with Bruce Campbell outside of Burn Notice?
>>
File: 960[1].jpg (33KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
960[1].jpg
33KB, 620x400px
>>82609401
i liked season 1 more. season 2 over did it with the three stooges tier humor. i hated the ending for both seasons. the show was a fun watch with 3 friends, but i hope it ends soon. it feels kinda aimless.

im buying an ashy slashy puppet as soon as i can though
>>
>>82609401
Its got fun stuff in it but overall I think it sucks.

>New deadites are all the same, no variety in appearance unlike the last movie.
>Baal and Ruby are supernatural characters but appear as normal looking humans like some cheap shit from Supernatural.
>MOST of the humor is awful (example: Anything with Chet, in S2 there were even two "LOL tranny hooker" jokes)
>Ash shooting Cheryl with his boomstick, blasting her out of the house's front door into a crowd, and she didn't play dead making Ash look like he just shot an innocent woman for some reason. She just kept getting up over and over and doing nothing until he killed here. and the crowd cheered. WHY?
>They showed the camera demon

I can write a goddamn essay on how this new show doesn't capture what made the originals special, but I'll spare you all.
It's like they just watched Army of Darkness and made it a caricature of that style set in modern day.
>>
chainsaw-fight dammit
>>
>>82610860
making a relation between ash and kell would've suck ass
>>
Is there anything in the theory that the films became steadily wackier because Ash lost his mind due to the stress?
>>
I also stopped watching somewhere in season 2. Too many sideklicks taking attention away from Ash and they already butchered his character enough.

Instead of just being an average joe who happens to be competent with a shotgun and chainsaw, he's now some bumbling fucking slapstick retard rivalling Mr Bean until eventually a deadite show up and they have him become a god-hero for the 5th time in a season.

All i wanted was a comfy monster-of-the-week type x-files show with Ash. I don't care about Arabelle Raphael and her mexican boyfriend.
>>
>>82614188
agreed. they flanderized ash hard.
>>
>>82613333
Nice get I'm surprised those aren't available yet.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.