[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"DAVID CREATED THE ALIEN"! The moment Ridley lost his mind!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 28

Seriously what the fuck!? WHAT THE FUCK!?

THIS THING IS A FUCKING ALIEN NOT SOME MACHINE MADE MAN MADE HORROR!

TURNS OUT ALL ALONG THIS THING WAS MADE BY US!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo30bZc10D0
>>
>>82607259
This was highly rumoured thogh, im not sure I like it

Also what the fuck is up with him talking about exploding the series out like Star Wars? He said he's going full War of the Worlds? How? How can you do that with this?
>>
>>82607259
>creator revisits a franchise
>since he ages, his perspective changes
Who cares? If you dont like the new movies, dont watch them. Let the older films stay canon. Bitching wont save you
>>
It's kind of amazing how long this franchise has gone considering only the first movie is good, and 75% of the reason the first movie is good is because Gieger designed the alien suit and some sets, clashing with the studio and Ridley Scott constantly in the process
>>
>>82607350
Mate I dont mind change im pretty receptive to change in fact but come on, it's supposed to be a fucking alien for 30 years I believed it came from the stars from another race but all along it's fucking amnufactured by a robot we made on Earth? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
>>
>>82607259
He's getting old.
>>
Ridley is a demented old fuck, who cares what he says about a franchise that hasn't been good since 1979.
>>
>>82607531
>who cares what he says about a franchise that hasn't been good since 1986.
ftfy
>>
>>82607259
>we create our own fears

really made me think
>>
>>82607259
Wait, wait, hol up

Does he think this is Blade Runner? Why did he not just make Blade runner if he's gonna run this shit?
>>
this senile hack needs to die already, it's pathetic.
>>
>>82607448
He's allowed to change his perspective on something he did 30+ years ago. Other artists do it all the time.
>>
>>82607625
He did say the two universes are linked I guess this is how, maybe Weyland is connected to tyrell or started the tyrell universe?
>>
>>82607696
Alien

>Made on earth

Change perspective all you want but this is like coke selling lemonade in their cans
>>
Blomkamp please come back.
>>
File: 075.jpg (67KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
075.jpg
67KB, 600x422px
>>82607580
>he thinks Aliens was good
>>
>>82607259
i havent watched the video but the concept about artificially created alien isn't a stupid one, as the xenomorph is too efficent killing predator to be an evolution's achievement. It breeds too easily, it kills too much and it leads to the dissaperance of the diversity of life that needs to be present for the life to be able to adapt to different situations the enviroment presents to them.

thats why natural predators (except the man to certain extent) limit their breeding and predatory intensity based on how much food is around them

alien doesnt, alien doesnt give a fuck, alien just kills everything and eats everything
>>
>>82607774
I dont mind if the alien was created but created by an android because it developed hatred of humans? Seriously? So the "Alien" which was from another world apparently, another lifeform, was ecause of us all along

that just ruined the mystery
>>
>>82607802
well it might be a poetic alienity as a parabole, like the human is so alien to God who created him, and android is alien to the human who created him, and alien is alien to the human by proxy

or some shit i dont know, scott might have dementia or something
>>
>>82607764
Yeah, still in my top 10. Sorry my tastes aren't good enough for a connoisseur like you.
>>
>>82607754
>he wants bug stomping starship trooper action with actors too old to play the part
DUDE I CANNOT WAIT BECAUSE ALIENS WAS THE BEST ACTION MOVIE.

The Aliens and AvP videogames ran the action movie trope into the ground. I'm tired of evil scientists and slaughtering Aliens like nothing
>>
>>82607259
>this xenomorph, we have not seen properly for 20 years now...

paid shill fans should not be allowed to conduct interviews with studio-provided talking points.
>>
>>82607350
I DONT WANT TO BE SAVED
I WANT TO BE DAMNED!

THESE MOVIES SUCK
>>
>>82607259
The interviewer is an insufferable faggot. Why won't he just shut up and let Scott ramble on about hamburgers?!!
>>
>>82607448
Makes it far less mysterious and creepy.
>>
>>82607696
he shouldve left it alone. he's just mad that his recent movies that werent related to his old franchises bombed and now he's going to ruin everything.

how would you like it if terry gilliam came back to hollywood and made brazil 2 and said that harry tuttle was wrong and the beauracracy that imprisoned him were actually the good guys?
>>
>>82609396
You don't have to watch it or consider it canon. You can ignore a movie, anon.
>>
File: 1471585597453.jpg (356KB, 662x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471585597453.jpg
356KB, 662x1000px
>>82607259
Ridley doesn't wait for someone to make Alien version of T:Genesis, he wants to shit on his own legacy himself.
Good that both H.R. Gieger and P.Dick are dead by now, so they never see old fart fucking their works up.
>>
>>82607754
>DUDE WEYLAND IS EVIL !
>>
> David fucks everyone from the start to the end and win

What the fuck hell. Shaw seriously repaired him then got killed offscreen? This is some extreme level of fail.
>>
Has Ridley ever made a movie this good?
>>
From what I've heard, David discover the 'recipe' for the xenomorph on the engineer home world and tries to recreate it, so he's not the original creator.
>>
>>82607259
Who is this interviewer and how does he talk with the guest's cock in his mouth?
>>
>>82607259
I actually kinda dig the idea that humans created an AI, or artificial human, that in turn created a being that could destroy humanity itself. This could nearly redeem Prometheus if all the characters in that film weren't complete fucking retards.

>Space Jockeys create man
>Man visits Space Jockeys with AI
>AI creates biological weapon against man
>Women inherit the earth

Still doesn't explain how all the Space Jockeys died in Prometheus or what they were running from...or even why they were altruistic in the first place about creating life around the universe...but it's has room to move as a narrative and I'll likely consume everything.
>>
File: 1468176448098.jpg (52KB, 800x639px) Image search: [Google]
1468176448098.jpg
52KB, 800x639px
>>82609696
What's the point to make this shitty flick then? It doesn't tell anything and obviously makes engeneers even more retarded then they were in Prometheus.
>DUDE LOOK AT THAT BACKBUSTER
Fuck this shit. Ridley is a hack. First film was good because of Gieger and those crazy script writers. Fucking hack never understood that, he only wants to make his fucking retarded version of Aliens.
>>
>>82609696
Whats the ppoint of that? Who created the engineers? What are those skeletons they wear? Where's the elephant thing from the first alien film that was fossilised intoth e chair?
>>
Why was the commander so retarded? How could he seriously believe David when he said "Ahaha don't worry, it won't do anything to you, just like the rest"?

Just fucking shoot him and they could have been done here.
>>
>>82607259
>You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.

Ash is impressed by the Xenomorph because it is a machine's idea of a perfect life form. He doesn't know it, but this is because it was literally designed by a machine.

Is it actually perfect? No. But it's what a robot like Ash *sees* as perfect.
>>
>>82610208
This is what old hack actually can believe.
>>
So humans create the most dangerous bioweapon in space?

Of course we would.
>>
>>82610208
It's a survivor. Still doesn't explain why aliens were in the engineers fresco. Is Ridley really a hack? I mean i like the guy but come on.
>>
After watching all of the Xeno kinos I have to say:

Alien 3 (3 hour+ pre-cutting room edit) >>> Alien 3 (Assembly) Aliens (DX) > Alien (DX) > Alien > Aliens > Alien Covenant > Prometheus > AvP > Alien Resurrection > AvPR
>>
Because fuck you, here's your Assbender.
>>
>>82610316
I didn't expect anyone to ever put Alien 3 at "way better than any other Alien movie". Not particularly saying your opinion is shit but where does that very unpopular opinion comes from? How is it so much better than the rest for you?

But Prometheus better than AvP and Resurrection though? Fucking seriously?
>>
>>82610517
It is obvious bait for (You)'s, plebbitor.
>>
I had the video playing the background and wasn't really paying too much attention to it, but did he really say that David created the xenomorph? Because Prometheus directly contradicts that.
>>
>>82609396
Statement partly true. Movies he wanted to make didn't sell well so studios by right have a tighter leash on him and can use him to make movies the studio wants. If these forced movies do well we will likely see something Ridley wants to make that's original.
>>
>>82610916
The one that appeared at the end of Prometheus wasn't a real Alien.

David did some experience with the black virus and managed to create facehugger eggs, creating what seems to be a proper Alien.

The only problem is that the Alien doesn't come out of the body as a chestburster but just as a tiny version. This part is just weird. Also, it looks like it took less than a hour to get from the facehugger's hug to the Alien coming out.
>>
>>82610517

Despite the fact the fact that the special effects were garbage, I just love the nihilistic tone and depressive atmosphere throughout the film. The movie was clausterphobic and dirty yet beautifully shot, the acting was stellar, the sets were great, the religious motifs involving the dragon (especially with Ripley serving as a foil to the Mother Mary moreso in the original cut), that haunting yet beautiful score, the emphasis on gore (again moreso in the OG film) etc. It derelegated the Xenos from worker ants back to being a fierce predator and heavily expanded on the universe w/ the premise of Runner Alien. Not to mention I love the massive kick to the nuts that was Hick's and Newt's death to all of the Aliens fans. Fincher could have played it safe and shat out what everyone wanted, another formulaic sequel with "muh space family", but did a complete 180 and I love it for that.
>>
File: Prometheus mural.png (679KB, 1024x830px) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus mural.png
679KB, 1024x830px
>>82611133
I'm talking about this, I pulled it from Google so someone's already been nice enough to mark it.
Again, did he actually say that David is the initial creator of the xenomorph? Everything we've seen has been very, very clear in showing that David simply found the instructions and made his own from that, which would also explain why the one seen in the new film appears less detailed or more primitive and acts more feral. Sort of like he used margarine instead of butter in a recipe and the end result turned out slightly different.
>>
>>82611463
I think David simply founds informations in the city to re-create the "real" Alien with the eggs.
>>
this is beyond retarded
>>
>>82607706
When they were doing all that viral marketing for Prometheus they put out a timeline that traced the rise of Peter Weyland and Weyland Corp (prior to its merger with Yutani), Tyrell or Blade Runner stuff didn't feature in it. I don't have it anymore, but it was on their fake Weyland website. I recall it saying that Weyland invented some way to prevent or reverse global warming, and things took off from there.

>>82607448
I mean the original organism, the shit in Prometheus, is still extraterrestrial in origin, even if it was shaped by David. I do wish he'd gone in a different direction, but thinking back on Prometheus there's that scene where David asks Noomi Rapace's boyfriend why humans created synthetics and he responded "Because we can." David laments that and his subsequent actions basically put that attitude into practice.
>>
>>82611509
It's not that much better, anon. And it even makes the movie pointless. Why the fuck do we need this story?
>muh backbuster
Oh, well.
>>
>>82611735
> And it even makes the movie pointless.

Prometheus or Covenant?
>>
>>82611735
I think you just want to hate this movie, anon.
>>
>>82611818
Prometheus was pointless. All it did is killed all mystery about space jockeys and never gave anything instead.
Covenant is pointless too. Nothing Gieger style, it's all the same shit again, and they even make another alien design (for some reason they have to be different in every fucking movie).
Fucking hack needs to stop this shit.
>>
>>82612022
Of course I want to hate it now. Don't you want to hate the fact that old fucking hack wants to piss on you face and get money for that?
>>
>>82607259
At least James Cameron had the decency to realize when his franchise has been "pissed in"
>>
>>82612218
Actually he hadn't.
>>
File: alienbk.png (521KB, 613x612px) Image search: [Google]
alienbk.png
521KB, 613x612px
A P O L O G I Z E
>>
>>82612520
>apologize
>posts retarded fan art
Go fuck yourself, Cameron.
>>
> It's another loser heroine that gets fucker over by David
>>
>>82612520

>tfw Blomkamp will never touch the Alien series

phew
>>
>>82612554
go to sleep ridley
>>
>>82609396
I wouldn't care at all because i have no clue what that is
>>
File: bane41.jpg (30KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
bane41.jpg
30KB, 680x383px
Serious question guys, how many fucking times does Ridley need to let you down before you finally come to senses? I feel like he could be making fucking Alien movies for the next 20 years and you suckers would still eat the whole shit up. Pathetic. Ridley Scott is one of the most overrated filmmakers ever.
>>
>>82607259
This is where alien turned into starwars. It wasnt clear by prometheus.
This is prequel territory.
Wait for the alien 50 year special edition where he digitally imposes david into the movie and random engineers in the background
>>
>>82611446
i wasn't expecting a well thought out response. I love you
>>
>>82612421
He literally did.
>>
>>82612039
Aren't you lending too much directorial credit to Geiger I mean all I did was designed the creature maybe sets I don't think he actually wrote anything or even directed anything
>>
>>82612113
But I might not share those same sentiments.
>>
>>82612716
He isn't an overrated film maker, hes an overrated storyteller. He has no fucking sense when it comes to writing or plot, like many directors, but purely directing hes very very good.
>>
>>82607259
Does this old fart have brain rott?
He does the same mistake that lucas made when he fucked up star wars with the prequels
>everyone is related suddenly
It's as dumb as darth vader building c3po when he was a toddler.
It is unnecessary.
Leaving the engineers and xenomorphs as a unexplained cosmic horror works.

If you explain them you either go full balls to the wall LSD kino with some trippy existential themes or you just hint at stuff.

Claiming that that one saturday morning cartoon evil android created the xenomorphs retroactively fucks over alien, aliens and every other movie in the franchise.
What's next? David accidentally created the predator too?
>>
File: 1483994907092.png (417KB, 436x454px) Image search: [Google]
1483994907092.png
417KB, 436x454px
>>82612913
>storytelling is not an intergral part of filmmaking
>>
>>82612782
Gieger made the style, the look, the overall aestetics of irrational horror. Those two geek writers made the script.
And fucking Ridley HACK Scott pretends he it's his own masterpiece. Fuck, bring Gieger even wasn't his idea.
>>
>>82607259

I dont get how if we made it, that the whole plot of the trilogy is the company trying to get their hands on it. Isn't Prometheus and Covenant before the trilogy?
>>
File: 12786953179175.gif (483KB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
12786953179175.gif
483KB, 500x204px
>>82612933
>David accidentally created the predator too?
21st century was a mistake.
>>
>>82612967
Yes but it's only a part of being a filmmaker and in every other area he is very good.
>>
>>82613134
Everything in film is storytelling you fucking retarded fucking piece of shit, the music design the visual aesthetic, the framing if you can't comprehend this get the fuck out of your body and leave this planet because you are fucking retarded
>>
>>82612756
It's well thought out, but wrong in every part.
>>
>>82613049
Why must you give these fucking jews stupid ideas why not some good ideas related to topic, ffs this is why i hate outr planet and welcome ww3
>>
>>82610517
>But Prometheus better than AvP and Resurrection though?
That is the least triggering part of the post.
>>
>>82613134
>in every other area he is very good
Name those areas. You idiot.
>>
File: 5033762-6362249762-The_M.png (881KB, 1521x1080px) Image search: [Google]
5033762-6362249762-The_M.png
881KB, 1521x1080px
Wwwwwwhat a twisssta!
>>
>>82612967
>>82613134
Just look at the shit awakens, or star trek or into darkness or super eight. Technical shit films.
>>
>>82613236
>>82613049
Isn't harry pooter also owned by warner brothers?
>donald trump and voldemort created the predator together with david
>>
>>82607259

What is with directors trying to be 2deep4u?

Do they have inferiority issues? Nobody cares if you are actually retarded or a genius holy shit, just give us the alien flick we want
>>
>>82607259
Strange how nobody comments about how servile the interviewer was.
>>
>>82612933
This, so much.
>>
>>82613047
Obviously nobody makes it off the planet in Covenant, so they send the Nostromo later.
>>
Why is NOBODY talking about his fucking war of the worlds comment?

TURNING ALIEN INTO WAR OF THE WORLDS!?

ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS?
>>
>>82613323
they're all failing miserably. My vision would surpass their paltry attempts, by far. but alas, i'm not in the jew circle.
>>
>>82607259
"us"? are you a fucking android? no? then it wasn't made by us. the creation of the alien by an artifical consciousness is the Singularity in the Alien-verse.
>>
>>82613384
We like Spielberg's War of the Worlds, pleb. Also that is the natural progression of the franchise.
>>
>>82613467
to continue, this is analogous to skynet in Cameron's Terminator verse. Ridley was always jelly of Jimmy's successful Terminator franchise and the Terminatorbux. He is trying to create something similar.
>>
>>82613471
>we

speak for youself reddit, war of the jews vs nazi aliens was mediocre at best
>>
>>82613217

muh space senpai & action sequences

>>82613384

It would just be like a lot of the comics from the 80s and 90s, I don't see an issue here.
>>
>>82613384
you can't take everything Ridley says at face value. The man in some ways does not give a fuck. He wants to make movies that make money. That's it.
>>
>>82607259
I haven't been able to retain any of the spoilers for this movie except that David creates the Alien, but hearing everyone shit on the movie for the reasons that they do makes me really interested in seeing it. What little I've seen of the movie reminds me of the visual creativity I thought Prometheus lacked.
>>
File: 4ca.jpg (100KB, 540x798px) Image search: [Google]
4ca.jpg
100KB, 540x798px
>it's another alien movie where android is evil
>it's another alien movie where we have "Ripley"
>it's another alien movie where Gieger visuals turned into shit
>it's another alien movie where we have "new kind of alien"
>it's another alien movie where sci-fi space horror element is missing
>it's another alien movie where studio and director fucks shit up
>it's another alien movie where aliens are only wild animals
>it's another alien movie where everyone behaves like a retard
>>
>>82613551
yea but why he got enough money to buy whatever he wants til his dead why continue fucking shit up? we could have had a god tier movie from blomkampf that disregarded 3 and everything after
>>
>>82613561
and the Terminator movies are the same. That is what you should compare the Alien movies to.
>>
The movie gives no answers to the questions raised in Prometheus, so I don't really feel the need to watch it.
>>
>>82613591
He doesn't want to lose control of the original vision I think. Again, if there had been a script attached to Blomkampf's movie that Fox could get on board with, Ridley wouldn't have had to step in. Fox owns the franchise, and has the final say. Fox rejected Blomkampf's ideas. You should hate on Fox, not on Ridley Scott.
>>
File: 1493278600998.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493278600998.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>82607259
>Prometheus was a great movie
>>
>>82607774
Why are you assuming evolution acts logically? If something evolves, it evolves. If it doesn't go extinct due to skill or luck or a combination, that's no cause of concern for evolution.
>>
>>82613710
no
>>
Why is Ridley obsessed with ruining his own legacy?
>>
File: 1491163913687.jpg (52KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1491163913687.jpg
52KB, 500x620px
>>82607259
>THIS THING IS A FUCKING ALIEN NOT SOME MACHINE MADE MAN MADE HORROR!
>TURNS OUT ALL ALONG THIS THING WAS MADE BY US!
Not the brightest aren't you, shit was obvious since Prometheus. The artificial bio weapon thing is also as old as the first movie. David probably used shawn to make the first face hugger or alien queen.
>>
>>82613793
he is doing better with these films than Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, and AvP. give him some credit.
>>
>>82613842
Alien 3 was fucking awesome fuck you and that other fagot above who was hating, fucking cunt
>>
Ridley honestly comess off as a guy that's fucked his brain with drink. He's barely fucking coherent.
>>
>>82613521
>pretending to be /pol/
oof...
>>
>>82613903
that's not an argument.
>>
File: Fertility_rate_world_map_2.png (40KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
Fertility_rate_world_map_2.png
40KB, 1357x628px
>>82607774
>limit their breeding and predatory intensity based on how much food is around them
hmmm

also increased population by 100 000% and removed natural selection out of the equation at least for humans
>>
>>82614051
>the aliens have high IQ.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>82609836
>Space Jokeys create man
>Man creates wheat
>Man visits Space Jockeys with AI
>AI creates wheat
>AI creates biological weapon against man
>Women inherit the Earth
>>
>that unhinged cocksucking at the beginning of the video

jesus christ it's a movie and Ridley Scott is just a movie director. He's not pseudo-Jesus.
>>
>>82613842
>he thinks that making flick better than Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, and AvP means something
>>
>>82614129
its a fucking movie anon, get over yourself. these movies are B movies, pulp, not of any substance.
>>
File: Runner_2.png (485KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
Runner_2.png
485KB, 600x544px
>All of this Alien 3 hate

How about you plebs at the very least watch the assembly cut? We can all agree the theatrical was shit.
>>
I love Alien 3, especially the game. AVP ruined everything.
>>
>>82614051
>highest "fertility" rates are war-mongered rape lands

really makes you think
>>
He's an ok director, but horrible writer.
>>
>>82614285
3 needs more love
>>
File: 7899.jpg (25KB, 652x300px) Image search: [Google]
7899.jpg
25KB, 652x300px
When are we getting a torrent.

I mean Im gonna see it in theatres but I wanna see a torrent too.
>>
File: 1419250585800.png (582KB, 650x676px) Image search: [Google]
1419250585800.png
582KB, 650x676px
>>82614285

They're all great in their own way but the first two are the best and in their own league. The original has that special blend of independence and desperation that some of the greatest films of all time were made under while being later watered down for wider audience appeal when the suits took over control of the production even further.
>>
>>82614438
he isn't a writer. he didn't write the screenplay. he hires writers and chooses screenplays. you could argue he is a better film maker than the scripts he receives.
>>
>>82607259

fan service was a mistake

and apparently, this is what the 'fans' wanted

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/alien-covenant-ridley-scott-admits-got-prometheus-wrong-teases-two-alien-sequels-exclusive-144721534.html
>>
>>82614651
>They're all great in their own way but the first two are the best and in their own league.

Careful. Some on this board dislike Aliens.
>>
>>82614727

Anyone who doesn't like Aliens is a faggot.
>>
>>82607353
>only the first movie is good

Aliens (Alien 2) is the best

directed by James God Cameron
>>
Does Alien Covenant do anything new or is it just a retread of the same old ground?
>>
>>82614758

Agreed but /tv/ is contrarian except when it comes to Marvel. So they like Alien 3 more than Aliens.
>>
>>82614727
>Some on this board dislike Aliens.
It's a great film so I don't know why anyone can hate it outside of it not being a straight up horror.
>>
>>82607259
Its like poetry it rhymes
>>
I loved A3 but i think people had so much anger on it because they were expecting more of Aliens i think.

A3 is more in the spirit of A1.

All 3 movies are amazing but in their own ways. I love all 3 of them.

Ressurection on the other hand was when things started to go bad.
>>
>>82615898
I hate everything about Alien 3, no suspense in it at all
>>
>>82616325
get a load of this retard
>>
>>82617058
>t.brainlet
There wasn't anything suspenseful in Alien 3, couldn't wait for it to end
>>
>>82617292
raise your millenial iq above 40 then
>>
File: Repercussions_of_Evil.jpg (177KB, 1194x850px) Image search: [Google]
Repercussions_of_Evil.jpg
177KB, 1194x850px
>>82607259

It was foretold.
>>
>>82617375
>Enjoys Alien 3
>Tells me to increase my iq
>>
>>82614285
If we had gotten the wooden space station with space monks and the fields of burning wheat, monks being hunted in the tall grass by a xeno just like the raptors in the lost world I would have been so fucking happy.
>>
I don't like it either, takes away all the creepyness and mysteriousness to me
>>
>>82613561
i want a sentient Alien movie so bad, like a century later the Xeno is a scientist part of the crew and they discover a new alien race even worse
>>
>>82617640
>alien gets incubated
>thing bursts out
>entire crew is maimed by acid
>>
>>82607764
You're such a special little snowflake :^)
>>
>>82614285
I like Alien 3. I saw all these films around the age of 5-6. My childhood rocked.
>>
>>82617815
i saw it when i was 18 with my girlfriend, she started talking during the movie and i shushed her, she got up and left and i just kept watching
it was pretty good but the assembly cut is better
i was also a huge Aliens fan in 86 but really as i've gotten older i see it for what it really is and how much it harmed the idea of the Xeno
>>
>>82614285
Alien 3 assembly cut is by far the best movie in the series
god, the xeno is cute in it
>>
>>82617922
Same

>bug hunt
>>
>>82615113
It was a cheap looking and repetitive action film for the time. Predator accomplished the same premise a year later far better, and without reducing the extraterrestrial threat into fodder.
>>
>>82617922
>it harmed the idea of the Xeno

Yeah, what fucking idiot would turn a terrifying lone wolf predator into easy-to-kill ant commanded by a literal big bad?
>>
>>82618249
not to mention that Seven Samurai was perfect without another US remake
>>
>>82613591
blomkampfs work didn't disregard 3, it was set prior to three. That's all.
>>
>>82618323
>a terrifying lone wolf predator into easy-to-kill ant

At least they needed weapons and a mecha to kill aliens in the sequel as opposed to it just standing there waiting for Ripley to change into a space suit and open the airlocks.
>>
>>82618323
It was never terrifying. The xenos in Aliens are much better, since they are actually shown to be intelligent, work in teams, move fast etc.
The one in Alien is just a giant slowass dumb creature.
>>
Just a reminder that anyone shitting on Aliens is a either dumb millennial trying to sound cool and edgy or a Ridleyfag who can't handle the fact that the old coot has gone senile and is running the franchise even further in the ground.

>But... but... muh perfect predator

Who gives a shit. The "perfect predator" in the first one was BTFO because it was too enthralled by Ripley's asscrack to take her out.
>>
>>82607259
senile old fuck destroying his creations
>>
>>82607448
Actually isn't that bad of an idea, considering biotechnology has advanced so much since Ridley made the original.
>>
File: Space_Jockey_004 (2).jpg (115KB, 1101x301px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Jockey_004 (2).jpg
115KB, 1101x301px
>>82607259
You damn well know the elephant man created the Engineers. The Engineers base their tech and pressure suits off of them. Tell me that's the case, please.
>>
>>82607259
>it's a B movie plot
BRAVO RIDLEY
>>
>>82614761
Alien 2 is actually a whole other unsanctioned ungodly sequel to Alien.
>>
>>82621345
Alien Isolation is the only good Alien sequel desu.
>>
File: alienisolation1.jpg (537KB, 2371x1331px) Image search: [Google]
alienisolation1.jpg
537KB, 2371x1331px
>>82621857
Stay woke.
>>
File: 1359622059851.jpg (45KB, 380x520px) Image search: [Google]
1359622059851.jpg
45KB, 380x520px
>>82621857
Here, have this (you), you've deserved it. Heck, take two (you)'s.
>>
>>82621950
Prove me wrong
>protip: you can't
>>
You know what's even more amusing?

I bet you anything that David is inside the space jockey suit on LV-426 in the original Alien movie
>>
>>82622027
The game is boring as fuck to play, and then becomes even more boring when you get access to weapons and any sense of horror is eliminated.
>>
>>82622149
Wrong
>>
>>82622178
Unless you're actually going to present arguments, I'm going to assume it was b8, which makes you moderately successful, but in a rather hollow way because I figured it out.
>>
File: Mural.jpg (273KB, 800x845px) Image search: [Google]
Mural.jpg
273KB, 800x845px
But But The Mural
>>
File: 1357315293846.jpg (50KB, 500x556px) Image search: [Google]
1357315293846.jpg
50KB, 500x556px
>>82622221
Here is the argument
>>
>>82621857

>Alien Isolation is the only aesthetically perfect Alien sequel

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>82622257
who made the mural?
>>
File: shaw.jpg (611KB, 1998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
shaw.jpg
611KB, 1998x1500px
>tfw Shaw is the first alien queen after she got experimented on by David

WEW
>>
File: Space_Jockey_004.jpg (15KB, 390x307px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Jockey_004.jpg
15KB, 390x307px
>>82622468
>who made the mural?

Their creators
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.