[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: twat.jpg (78KB, 306x408px) Image search: [Google]
twat.jpg
78KB, 306x408px
What happened to him?
>>
After reddit stopped sucking him off for being le edgy atheist he faded into obscurity.
>>
>>82605411
I don't know, but what do you think his stances are on religion?
>>
>>82605411
he is way too old for this shit
>>
Lmao what a fucking faggot
>>
>>82605436

>thinking reddit and 4chan amount to anything in the real world

You don't what you're talking about kid, he's been a multi millionaire since the xfm podcasts let alone all the movies and shows he did since then, he's just taking it slow because he doesn't really have to do anything

>but muhh dexter

if you really think the man who can make a bald headed Manc twat a household name can't make a hit show or film if he wanted then you don't understand anything about this business
>>
he had a couple of good shows (the office, extras) got adopted as the token hollywood chubby brit and started to believe his own hype.
>>
Atheism isn't really hip/edgy anymore I guess
>>
>how do we make it HARDCORE to be an atheist?
>write it in blood for no apparent reason!
>now let's add a cigar to seal the deal

that image is the epitome of tryhard. i can't believe this dope went along with it.
>>
>>82605411

>made millions
>turned 55

probably taking it easy now
>>
Steve left.
>>
Realised he couldn't fully break America, went back to the UK and made shows on the BBC but they were shit
>>
he must really think being an atheist makes him some kind of savage rebel to society.

the office was funny, so i'd imagine he has a good head on his shoulders.

how could a relatively intelligent man fall victim to teenage edge? maybe the reddit ballwashing corrupted his judgement
>>
>>82605853
>ballwashing
Kek
>>
>>82605411
Currently on a sell out standup tour in the UK.
>>
I never liked him or his boring sarcastic brit comedy, and I really hated his shit fucking laugh. My head almost came off when I saw "talking funny" and he was sitting next to c.k and chris rock.

english comedy is shit shit in general really, except christopher hitchens because he had enough of a pulse on americans to sorta..segway that english sarcasm into funny
>>
office and xfm are goat
>>
I unironically think he's one of the finest comedic minds in the world today. He has had two brilliant shows (Extras is actually probably better than The Office) and he is a fantastic stand-up
>>
is he gonna host another awards show
>>
He died.

and WENT TO HELLLLLLLLLLL!
>>
He was always the worst

>Karl: [Makes insightful, logical, funny, but poorly put point]
>Stephen: [Makes snarky but light-hearted retort]
>Ricky: [Cackles like a drug-addled donkey, screams, mercilessly insults Karl, acts obtuse and intentionally obfuscates Karl's point, and then continues to talk over Stephen and Karl]

You just know he's an arrogant egotistic fuck.
>>
>>82605411
He went full retard.
>>
>>82606066
/thread
>>
Did he fixed his teeth? They were awful in the office uk
>>
Atheists aren't relevant if they don't have the balls to challenge Islam.
>>
>>82606352
Gervais did criticize it though, as did Dawkins
>>
>>82606066
>>82606332
Samefag but credit for being patient.
>>
>>82606266
merchant has always been better than gervais, just didn't make it as big because he's a big goggle eyed freak
>>
>>82605853
It's Americas fault for actually finding atheism edgy and controversial, he would get no attention in any other developed country. It's like John Lennon's "more popular than jesus" comment that was completely ignored everywhere except the US (and this was in the 60s). Ricky knows that he can get attention just for saying something that everyone from his country believes anyway, and playing it up a bit, to get shitloads of attention and make money. He'd be a fool not to take advantage really.
>>
There's a point where you can't get past it just by being "edgy" and being an atheist is the cheapest and lowest way to try to be edgy for the sake of being edgy. Besides he was never really that funny.
>>
>>82605411
>boring, derivative stand up
>abandoned his mates
>cashed in on Karl's humor for a decade or more without really adding anything to the mix
>corrosive personality
>tried to get into the US market by attacking every celebrity in sight
>insists on playing awkward introverts for some reason
>often plays the straight man (why the fuck would a career comedian play the straight man in a TV show? Oh wait that's basically what he did on XFM)
>fails to realize that fucking around with friends is when he's funniest
>>
Also he's a one trick pony and everyone has seen his trick a thousand times already.
>>
>>82606794
Yeah man fuck all those animals and babies for not believing in god, what a bunch of tryhard edgelords.
>>
File: Stare.png (45KB, 479x591px) Image search: [Google]
Stare.png
45KB, 479x591px
He's always been a cunt. Not to say he's never been funny, but he's always and forever been a cunt. His first on TV character was just him calling gays and spastics weird and gross and the like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rU7NqkDLU

It's not that it's even cringe-inducingly unfunny, but it seems clear to me that even he isn't sure quite what the joke is; the dickhead saying those things, or the statements themselves.

This sounds unimportant, however, Gervais has always drawn on misery and mean-spiritedness for his humour. So when he engages with something like Atheism he does so as an agitator, but when Atheism is accepted on the whole, or at least not seen as near-Satanic corruption like it might have been twenty or thirty years back, he just looks daft and sounds trite. I'm an Atheist myself and I'll happily slag off organised religion, but because there's a fault with the religion, not... just because.

He just seems to have a quite childish emotional level, which is great for writing characters like David Brent and the bloke from Extras, but when he does something completely shite like Derek it shines through.
>>
>>82606403
I doubt Gervais did in any substantial way, seeing how the world disowned Dawkins for doing it.

Sam tried his best but he's too jewy for it to work, I miss Hitchens.
>>
I have no patience for anyone that is openly and publicly extremely critical of Christianity but won't do the same thing about Islam.

Ricky's a fucking pussy taking shots at a soft target
>>
>>82605639
Ricky Gervais ? Is that you?
>>
>>82605411
He peaked and imploded when he got political.
>>
>>82606581
>Logan
He used his googly eyed freakishness to his advantage.
>>
imagine if larry david posed exactly the same way for a photo, but instead of "ATHEIST" across his chest, it said jew, written in blood.

it would be ridiculed and embarrassing for all parties involved and that's how this photo and ricky should be treated.
>>
>>82607011
He's talked on XFM about Salman Rushdie so obviously he knows to keep his mouth shut about Islam. Besides, he works in the US where people think not believing in the same stuff as them is edgy, so that's why he uses Christianity as the butt. He's just trying to manufacture outrage, he's not a social activist or anything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVVX42UACs8

Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>82606880
> to be edgy for the sake of being edgy
read my post, I specifically say that I don't mean "all atheists", only those that use atheism to be edgy
>>
>>82606517
Hell I didn't and even I thought it was a samefag.

also while I'm replying;

>childhood is taking fake solace in atheism
>adulthood is indulging spirituality and finding "your" god
>>
>>82606066
nice to Amerisharts realize that they are stuck up cunts
>>
How many of you are retarded? Be honest.

I'm not a fan of Gervais, but this picture is obviously meant to speak to how vilified atheists are by a lot of people, for no good reason. You all seem to think it's about atheists being somehow cool. How can you guys be so dense?
>>
I love Gervais and his work.

But how did he prepare for a photoshoot covered in fake blood?

I cant imagine doing that after age 19.
>>
I'v always thought that Steven Merchant was behind the success of The Office, but ricky got famous for it since he was the lead actor and everything..
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.