[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always wondered how they selected the more basic personnel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Stargate.jpg (94KB, 960x900px) Image search: [Google]
Stargate.jpg
94KB, 960x900px
I always wondered how they selected the more basic personnel for the Stargate program.

All the top scientists are obviously the vest in their field, but how did they select say... the janitors or the toilet cleaners? Were they the best janitors and toilet cleaners in the world?

And among the military personnel you had people of low rank like Airman and Private
>>
The cheapest
>>
>>82604236
Sounds like cheap people would be bad at keeping secrets.
>>
maybe the privates did it

but then again, how would a private get into a sevret base
>>
>>82605072
>join Marines
>Black suit comes in
>Asks about "going interesting places"
>Pass security tests
>No pot, no alcohol, perfect biography
>Can't wait to get into CIA secret black ops stuff
>Clean toilets in Antarctica for whole contract time.
>>
Never saw this show, can someone tell me if it's worth watching?
>>
>>82606612
Watch it, it's great, season 1/2 has some crap episodes tho, so force yourself through it.
>>
>>82605632
kek

but they should have some advancing possibility tho
>>
>>82604189
Probably hire relatives of the scientists or some shit
>>
File: sg1-7x15-2890.jpg (20KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
sg1-7x15-2890.jpg
20KB, 700x394px
>>82606612
It takes about a season and a half to find it's bearings (Shanks and Anderson are practically doing impressions of the movie characters until they get the freedom to explore the role) but there are enough gems to make them worth watching.

People throw around the word "comfy" a lot but SG1 is genuinely an entertaining show.
It's got it's your usual rubber-mask shenanigans but there's also a few politics based episodes (both Earth, other planets, and interplanetary) and the cast has good chemistry.

It's also fun tracking Shanks and Judge's behind the scenes friendship. Shanks gets totally jacked
>>
>>82604189
You just tell the cleaning teams, absolutely fucking nothing.

>vet them
>only use ones with years of experience
>from some ex forces company

Or they make the lower ranks do it, again keeping compartmentalising (spelling) so all they think is its any other nuclear bunker they are cleaning.
>>
Just kidnap mexicans that don't understand english to do all the literal dirty work, like what they did with the manhattan project.
>>
>>82604189
All non scientist staff are from the military. There might be a few private contractors like electrians or janitors with adequate security clearing because of long trustfull previous contracts.

But you can be pretty sure that most work around sensible installations like the gate room for example will be done by military personel.

Not everyone in the army is a frontline grunt. There are enough clercs cooks electrians and what not.
>>
>>82604189
Conscript the taxi drivers and pilots that brought the important personnel to the location. Viola, secrecy preserved.

Of course, they must work in seclusion under threat of violence until they die.
>>
>>82606612
Watch it! Best sci fi show of the late 90's early 00's. I remember watching it every week with my dad back then. Those were fun times.

I rewatched them with my gf last year. Even those "bad" last seasons are more fun than most modern sci fi shows. Atlantis is good too. Universe is the only truly shit one.
>>
>>82604189
I dated a chick that worked in a janitorial service that did contract work for an army depot. She said they had to sign waivers and wear special id whenever they worked there. There was one time though when the President was in town and he was scheduled for a visit, she said even though he wasn't going to be there til hours after they left, everyone on the crew had a personal watcher assigned to them. She said it was creepy as hell having a guy with a rifle watching you work.
Anywho, I don't know how similar the Air Force would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't use private contractors as well. Apparently those contracts are fucking huge and are reason enough to make anyone loyal enough to scrub a toilet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.