[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realise film is an inferior mode of expression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0453.jpg (20KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
20KB, 250x226px
>tfw you realise film is an inferior mode of expression
>>
>>82602384
>Physical violence is the superior form of expression
>>
As opposed to what?
>>
>>82602384
Film is unironically the highest form of art.
It actually contains all the other art forms in all the filmmaking elements, from fashion, architecture, design to music, photography, the writing and performances.

With film, you can express your idea in just one single frame through framing and composition, the performance, production design, sound
etc, while in for example books you have to use multiple sentences just to set up the scene and for the viewer to grasp what's happening. Reading linear words is not efficient and it relies too much on the readers imagination, film is just much more efficient.

Now that doesn't mean everyone uses the medium to it's maximum potential, but it has a far greater potential than any other art form.
>>
>>82602486
yeah, but also it's still the least evolved
>>
>>82602428
kicks to the crotch are violence kino (violino)
>>
>>82602384
To what? Why didn't you finish your sentence?
>>
>>82602486
>It actually contains all the other art forms in all the filmmaking elements, from fashion, architecture, design to music, photography, the writing and performances.

Where do the video games tie in?
>>
Why?

If you bring up marketing or Hollywood you've already failed.

Now go.
>>
Music > Film
>>
>>82602486
>doesnt read much
>>
It's subjective. Comparing music to film is comparing apples to oranges. Faggot
>>
>>82602486
>>82602515
both correct
>>
>>82602486
Uh, no. By your calculation that would be video games.
>>
>God Tier
Literature
Music
Film
Painting

>High Tier
Fashion design
Sculpture
Photography
Architecture
Industrial design
Textiles

>Mid Tier
Theater
Calligraphy
Dance
Cuisine
Interior design (as a concept)
Conceptual art
Graphic design

>Useless Shit Tier
Television
Ceramics
Glassware
Woodworking
Printmaking
Jewelry
Fretwork
Metal work
Ivory Carving

>Not Even Art Tier
Videogames
>>
>>82603271
Saying videogames are art is like saying a game of chess is art. Only children would say that
>>
>>82603253
In theory, yes.

But in films you have a fixed unchangeable expression of the artist, while in videogames nothing stops the player to dick around and do whatever he wants so "the artist" is the player in most cases, and most people are just plain stupid.
>>
File: 889.png (414KB, 600x747px) Image search: [Google]
889.png
414KB, 600x747px
>>82602448
anime
>>
>>82603314
But could a chess set with intricate pieces made of wood, stone, glass or something like that be considered art?
>>
>>82602631

GTA V and The Last of Us are basically movies, so will Red Dead Redemption 2 be. Also, Telltale. You could also see this clearly in StarCraft II, with a much tighter emphasis on cutscenes.
>>
>>82603314
>Only children would say that
This board is full of them
>>
>>82603377
That would be the art of carving, sculpting or glass blowing, not the game itself.
>>
>>82603314

A good chess match can make a compelling story far above any new hollywood flick
>>
File: 717VrgS6G7L.jpg (131KB, 774x1247px) Image search: [Google]
717VrgS6G7L.jpg
131KB, 774x1247px
>>82603314
>>
>>82603446
A chess game is predetermined. It would only be long and compelling by two inexperienced players.
>>
>>82603314
Playing chess is not art, I'll give you that. Someone did, however, put in work designing the board and its pieces.
>>
Are comics a subset of literature?
>>
>>82603455
>hitler failed at doing paintings
>but he never stopped making art
>>
>>82603421
But video games with great visuals do exist
>>
>>82603271
So if a move is being exhibited on /tv/ does it become useless shit tier?

Really makes you think
>>
>>82603512
High level players can make chess an art if they have their own distinct style and express it on the board. Same with sports.
>>
File: Encirclement.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Encirclement.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>82603564
I'd call this art
>>
>>82603271
>Dance is midtier

You say so much bout yourself just with that.
>>
>>82603467

There is no way humans can develop the skills needed to read an entire chess match from the beginning

that's what it makes it compelling

It's like saying genetics predetermines your life, but it still makes it compelling when take in context

I don't even play chess nigga, I play Go, and I always find fascinating the context of matches and how they develop, I find the same experience when I watch high level boxing matches (which is lowbrow as fuck for some people)
>>
>>82603635
That's nice but I don't care about the opinions of a reddit spacing phone poster. and I ain't your nigga
>>
>>82603683
Fuck off with your reddit thinking.
>>
>>82602384
I agree
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.