[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /tv/ opinion on mel gibson's most successful film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: p33660_p_v8_ah.jpg (514KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p33660_p_v8_ah.jpg
514KB, 960x1440px
what's /tv/ opinion on mel gibson's most successful film?
>>
>>82599717
/Pol/'s favorite movie.
>>
File: רוע טהור.jpg (57KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
רוע טהור.jpg
57KB, 650x400px
>>82599717
As a Jew it made me realize how wrong I was in following the old outdated and wicked path, which made me convert to the Chaldean Catholic Church.
>>
>>82599860
Try bacon on a friday night while watching TV now, it's bee's knees.
>>
>>82599717
tv responds only to capeshit threads
>>
>>82599717
It's a good fantasy flick but not as good as lord of the ring trilogy.
>>
Pretty kino, it made me cry.
>>
>>82599717
Kino
>>
File: 3576997904.jpg (202KB, 793x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3576997904.jpg
202KB, 793x1000px
>>82599717
Suicide Squad 2 will ironically be his most successful movie ever.
>>
>>82599717
Not a great film but I also think it's underrated.

People shit on it mercilessly for no good reason other than the fact that they didn't like the filmmaker. It's like critics who shit on Polanski films just because he fucked a child.

Critics need to separate the art from the artist's personal life as much as possible. I understand that the artist is most often reflected (or refracted, which I think is a more appropriate term) in their work as an auteur. But critics should judge the quality/character of the film, not of the man who makes it.
>>
>>82600368
>not a great film
Quentin Tarantino: I loved it. I’ll tell you why. I think it actually is
one of the most brilliant visual storytelling movies I’ve seen since
the talkies — as far as telling a story via pictures. So much so that
when I was watching this movie, I turned to a friend and said, “This
is such a Herculean leap of Mel Gibson’s talent. I think divine
intervention might be part of it.” I cannot believe that Mel Gibson
directed it. Not personally Mel Gibson — I mean, Braveheart was
great. I mean, I can’t believe any actor made that movie. This is like
the most visual movie by an actor since Charles Laughton made The
Night of the Hunter. No, this is 15 times more visual than that. It
has the power of a silent movie.
>>
>>82600474
>quoting Tarantino because everything Tarantino says is objectively correct
No. Form your own opinion.

I understand that the film is directed well and that the strong visual depictions throughout tell a story that does not need dialogue to make sense of. But that does not mean that this film is a masterpiece. Just because a story is told well does not mean it's amazing.

It is a derivative film and does not compare to the masterpieces of the silent era especially when compared to the films of Carl Theodore Dreyer who directed a completely silent film about a martyr dying for their religious beliefs that not only innovated the art of editing and shooting a film but transcended the limits and expectations of cinema for its time. Mel Gibson utilizes known classical cinematic style/techniques in order to tell a story that we have all heard hundreds or thousands of times throughout our lives without introducing anything new to the art form. It may be a well done film but it is not a masterpiece and will not go down in history as such.
>>
>>82600825
>>82600474
rekt

that is what you get for quoting tarantino instead of thinking for yourself
>>
>>82600349
Is that confirmed? I thought it was just a bunch of fan wanky speculation.
>>
got to watch a worthless jew die for 2 hours not bad
>>
>>82600974
>Replying to yourself without clearing the name field first
Wew lad
>>
>>82600474
>everything tarrantino says is true
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.