[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Leftovers Nora is pregnant and/or the vaporizing machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: images (1).jpg (3KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
3KB, 275x183px
The Leftovers

Nora is pregnant and/or the vaporizing machine is a hoax/scam/experiment

Episode 4 was absolutely gutting ;_;
>>
File: mpv-shot0010.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0010.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
she's a slut
>>
>>82587681
I bet Damon is going to throw a curveball by having Nora give birth to a litter of dog-people.
>>
>>82587681
>absolutely gutting ;_;
Absolutely satisfying you mean. Nora finally got btfo.
>>
>>82587793
It's gonna be a black kid. She's probably cheating on Kevin.

>>82587854
Not for me. She's a cunt sometimes but she's no more dysfunctional and nuts than Kevin. The parrallell of her going to the zap machine warehouse and getting in the box shows it.

I wish her peace and I hope she and Kevin get it.
>>
>>82587681

The vaporizing machine works(OR DOES IT?) and Nora sees her kids for a split second, but because electronics don't work for her she gets sent back.
>>
>>82587681

Here's my guess.

The vaporizing machine actually works (or alt least just kills you).
And Kevin Sr's cult will kill Kevin.

Kevin will meet Nora in the "hotel" in another International Assassin episode.
>>
File: leftovers.jpg (201KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
201KB, 500x479px
>Kevin escapes to Australia to get away from his worshipers and torches his holy book in a fit of protest and leaves Nora
>immediately bumps into his father who takes him to the farm where they have his holy book and a congregation ready to worship him

LOL
>>
>>82588006
>electronics don't work for her

Is this some sort of running theme I'm missing? I remember the GPS in the rental car not working but nothing else atm.

Also, I think she'll have the same "death" experience Kevin had with the poison...but that might be too obvious to happen.
>>
So can somebody tell me what the fuck happened in this show? I watched like half of season 1. just give me all the spoilers? was it rapture of science gone wrong?
>>
>>82588071
Would be ok with this.
>>
G'DAYYY MELBERRN
>>
>>82588006
eletronics didn't work for mark lynn baker either. So its not a unique thing for her.
>>
>>82588198

Interesting.
>>
>>82588150
kevin kidnaps patti and takes her to the middle of a forest where he beats her up but then patti kills herself in front of kevin and this ends up tramautizing kevin so much that patti's ghost ends up following kevin around and the only way he can get rid of the ghost is by killing himself so he can enter purgatory and killing patti in purgatory and then resurrecting
>>
>>82588124
>hey son, its great to see you, say hi to the crazy chick who's going to drown you in a few hours, thank fuck you're here, they would've found out my name is kevin and I was a chief of police soon. Do me a favor and just call me dad okay?
>>
S1 = 8/10
S2 = 9/10
S3 = 10/10

I wish they had a couple more seasons of this.
I feel like every episode at this point is a masterpiece.
>>
File: 2017-04-23 (2).png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-23 (2).png
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>82588150

It doesn't matter
>>
>>82587681

>the vaporizing machine is a hoax/scam

would this qt 3.14 lie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d2mPYHFSZA

absolute K I N O ending sequence
>>
>>82588210
it really isn't. the machine just makes it impossible for them to interact with technology and they "disappear" because they can't get on facebook or have pictures taken of them anymore.

its a metaphor for how damon lindelof can't use social media anymore because of his "hate wagon" and as a result his career is over!
>>
>>82588233

That reminds me.

Did anything ever come of Kevin doing really complex tasks while sleepwalking around?

It was kind of suggested he was possessed and had some agenda while he was doing that.
>>
>>82588251
I have that same shirt. I bought it from Zara. I'm a guy btw.
>>
>>82588287
I thought it was pretty clear even from the first season that Kevin's sleepwalking personality was just based off of things that were bothering him in reality. and his sleepwalking personality acts based off of those things
>>
I think the show perfectly captures how the modern person would still try to carry on with their normal lives after an obvious and bizarre supernatural event and eventually go nutty from trying to subconsciously cope with it.
>>
>>82588287
it was an alternate personality that existed only to force kevin into dramatic situations.

Its been forgotten.
>>
>>82588341

It's a pretty common style of shirt. I have one just like it for art class as a kid. Most contemporary women's clothes are derivatives of male fashion at some point anyway.
>>
>>82588287
He may or may not be the second coming of Jesus. That's literally a thing. So yes after other strange occurrences other than sleepwalking, something came of it. And there was no conscience agenda.
>>
>>82588360

That's true but it was oddly sinister how it was presented that he was up to something specific while he was "under".

Especially in the context of him basically being some sort of prophet character.
>>
Who is ready for internation assassin part 2?
>>
>>82588406

I still can't believe how kino it was the first time around.
>>
>>82588364
that's kind of a silly/stupid observation.

So something unarguably supernatural happened. Do you have magic powers now? Has reality been fundamentally altered? No? Then why would anything really change?
>>
>>82588446

>Has reality been fundamentally altered?

Yes? What kind of dumb question is that?
>>
>>82587922
>It's gonna be a black kid. She's probably cheating on Kevin.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>82588446

What would change is you knowing for a fact that supernatural things exist.

This is not something that you can simply brush away like an odd coincidence or an improbable event. A good percentage of people vanished into thin air. You'd try to rationalize it and go on with your life but something would be out of sync within you as you try to gradually cope with it and little things in your life would make you spiral out of control.

The show is good at capturing that.

An example would be the toaster scene in S1 where Kevin for a moment flips out because he thinks a piece of bread vanished in his toaster so he starts to freak out and slowly become more and more unhinged over it until it turns out it was all for nothing.
That kind of thing would happen constantly. Every little thing that you would normally brush off and not think twice about would give you doubt and gnaw at you.

Another example would be Nora in this season. She's trying to have a normal life and pretend everything is okay but as soon as she gets the call from the vaporizing crew her entire life collapses because she's force to cope with the reality that her family went poof and within a couple of days she's certifiable even after years of seemingly normal life.
>>
>>82588404
Only sinister if his prophet persona is "evil" and not like a Jesus figure.

If he's mentally ill, then there is nothing sinister as its out of his control.
>>
>>82588569
You realize the toaster incident wasn't because he thought it "vanished" but because he thought he might have been suffering an episode of the same mental illness as his father, right?
>>
>>82588569
the supernatural is purely the realm of metaphysics, you can't interact with it directly and we're nothing but meat. So unless the supernatural drops down and hands us some shit that'll allow is to meaningfully interact with the supernatural, what changes?

And stop saying "you," Just because you're an idiot doesn't mean everyone is. If something supernatural occurs that just means the potential was always there fore the supernatural. An individual knowing about it doesn't change anything.
>>
>>82588652
I.e. it has nothing to do with the departure or anything supernatural.
>>
>>82588652
Or he was just fucking frustrated at the toaster not functioning because hes constantly on edge as a result of his life shattering for no good goddamn reason.
>>
>>82588721
Yes he's always on edge, we know this. Rewatch the episode and you'll see the toaster incident is in the context of his fear of suffering from the same mental illness as his dad, not a general frustration of life or the aftershock of the departure.
>>
>>82588768
you're literally making up bullshit negro
>>
>>82587681
The Zap machine accidentally doesn't send you to another world, just Earth in a different time.
>>
>>82587854
nora is great you fag
>>
>>82588279
cringe
>>
Damon Lindelof PLEASE fuck my girlfriend
PLEASE i'm begging you!
>>
Anyone else feel that The Leftovers has gotten them into some pretty cool music? I hadn't heard of songs like "love will keep us together" and "take on me" before this show
>>
>>82589603
I keep finding myself humming that song that plays whenever someone is confused, the one that goes ooooo oooooo
>>
>>82589603
8/8 b8
>>
what about that evie shit? is she real or kevin going insane again? or his ex-wife hypnotize him
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.