[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw the Special Edition Cut of this. It was REALLY good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: TheAbyss.jpg (22KB, 318x400px) Image search: [Google]
TheAbyss.jpg
22KB, 318x400px
Just saw the Special Edition Cut of this. It was REALLY good, I was not expecting it to be so suspenseful.
What does /tv/ think?
>>
>>82586139
This movie gave me my fear of drowning. Tense as fuck, although the ending was a bit shit.
>>
>>82586139

It was here that Cameron consummated his real, lasting marriage: to the color blue.

Cameron has had flirtations with many women and many colors (including a dalliance with red during the filming of Aliens), but while working on the Abyss, Cameron rediscovered blue.
>>
>>82586139
I think that you saw it. Is that what you wanted?
>>
>>82586306
I agree, the most suspenseful parts of the movie were before Ed Harris met the aliens.
>>
>>82586699
That part where his suit fills up with liquid and they're telling him to breathe it in had me gasping for air.
>>
Every time I watch the abyss it pisses me off that they wait for MEM to actually drown before swimming back to the rig instead of moving right away.
>>
>>82586139

This is a movie that I love for it's execution, and for little else. It has good atmosphere, great set and production design, the fact that it's shot underwater in a decommissioned nuclear power plant reactor containment vessel is just fucking nuts, but the story, some of the characters, and the ultimate payoff were all generic to bad. However I'll take more like this any day.
>>
File: Tony....jpg (31KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
Tony....jpg
31KB, 460x460px
remake w/ nuGina when?
>>
My dad worked on the set for this movie. Just building props and set pieces. He said it was awesome working on the bottom of the water tank before they filled it up. Also said they ate like kings (lobster and stuff every day) and made overtime to keep up with production schedule.
>>
>>82589214
Why even lie though?
>>
>>82586881
Have you seen the directors cut/special edition?
>>
>>82589294
what differs there from the normal cut?
>>
>>82589254
Not lying. He wasnt involved creatively. Wasnt even LA or anything. A lot of movies get made, at least partially, near where we lived in Wilmington, SC.

He worked on Abyss, the first TMNT, Graveyard Shift, and a movie called Lady Grey.
>>
>>82589367
My Dad is Tom Cruise
>>
>>82589348
The ending is longer and there is a giant tidal wave
>>
>>82589461
i see, then i've seen it
>>
>>82589393
Youre probably a manlet then
>>
>>82586881
Yeah the standard line with this movie is lose the aliens and it could have a been a classic. A straight underwater downed nuke sub seals v civvys movie with Cameron directing could have been great. Aliens seemed shoehorned in.
>>
>>82589393
which one are you?
the black one, the fat one or the cute one?
>>
>>82586139
Does it still have the stupid rushed ending? Honestly, I love the movie up until like the last ten minutes, and then it turns to shit.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.