[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand movie? I fucking loved Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism is god-tier ideology, but the movie of Atlas Shrugged sucked.
>>
You must be 16 years old.
And super fan at parties...

Ayn Rand is a cunt
>>
Paul Vernhoven directed adaptation when?

Give it the Starship Troopers sequence.
>>
>>82578625
> sequence

I meant treatment, it wasn't even autocorrects fault. I'm just really dumb.
>>
>>82578625
I want to live in that universe.

I bet they have a Dredd sequel as well.
>>
>>82578625
>mfw people don't realize that Starship Troopers is satire
>mfw they think the jingoism and fascism is good
>mfw I have no face
>>
Most underage post I've ever seen

Posting only so this stays at the top so everyone can laugh at you
>>
>>82578745
Poe's law anon.
You can read the novel like a parody as well.
>>
>>82578071
Why don't you make one? Be a maker instead of a taker.
>>
File: 1488736103862.png (18KB, 707x723px) Image search: [Google]
1488736103862.png
18KB, 707x723px
>>82578754

you just got happa'd kiddo
>>
>>82578423
Even the protagonist of Raynd's novel 'The Fountainhead' rarely went to parties. Most experts believe it's because his feet hurt.
>>
>>82578745
> Neil Patrick Harris dressed as a Nazi
> reading captured Bugs mind
> "It's afraid!"
> everyone cheers

how did people not get it? Did they just assume that a apperent b-movie (or "old" movie for people watching today) couldn't possibly have any subtext? Tons of people I know saw it and hated it because they thought it was pro-American military propaganda, thought they were being profound when they said "it's almost like Nazi's". Watched the entire movie, and somehow missed the joke.
>>
>>82578745
>mfw when this clown thinks there was any fascism in stardoodle doopers
>>
I thought we banned this poster
>>
Will we ever get a good Ayn Rand meme? I fucking love memes, but this one sucks.
>>
>>82578071
fascism is a shit tier ideology and posting this thread several times a month won't. change that
>>
>>82580568
Our mods can't repel autism of this magnitude!
>>
>>82578071

>but the movie of Atlas Shrugged sucked.

I thought it was 3 movies, no?
>>
File: ancap face2.jpg (182KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
ancap face2.jpg
182KB, 1200x673px
>>82581041
Aren't ancap balls good enough for you
>>
File: 927.png (395KB, 680x464px) Image search: [Google]
927.png
395KB, 680x464px
>>82578071
>>82578423
>>82578754
>>82578805
>>82580568
>>82581108
>>82582165
>>
>>82578745
Even retarded normies know it's satire. Most of the people acting like it's a good vision of the future realize it's satire but disregard that because they like what it depicts. There is maybe only a few people who completely missed the point of he movie. You idiots are complaining about an imaginary person or at the very least a group so insignificant it is retarded to waste your breath complaining about them.
>>
>>82582470
You are massively overestimating the cognitive abilities of the average moviegoer.

Nowadays people see it as Satire more easily because it ended up being weirdly prophetic about 9/11+Iraq War and society is much more cynical now. But when it released tons of people simply did not get it. It was uncomfortable to watch, so people assumed it was a bad movie, not realising that it was meant to have that effect.

People who want anti-facial movies expect the main characters to realise the truth and fight back against the system. In Starship Troopers the teenager protagonists don't fight the evil leadership, they don't even acknowledge it, they are fully indoctrinated. Audiance's are terrible at understanding messages that the protagonist doesn't share, especially if it's not an arty looking film.

The people who understand its satire but unironically agree with the messages in the film are an entirely different breed of stupid though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.