[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could he have said to save his situation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: not a racist.png (471KB, 820x768px) Image search: [Google]
not a racist.png
471KB, 820x768px
What could he have said to save his situation?
>>
File: Michael Richards.jpg (20KB, 380x349px)
Michael Richards.jpg
20KB, 380x349px
I *snickers* said some... things *laughs louder*
>>
His demeanor/framing in a video interview instead of showing up to the show was enough to kill him. It cemented his fledgling persona as an uncomfortably aggressive has been clinging to his last chance to redeem himself.

Just looking at that photo, you can see how weak the situation has made him feel, almost literally backed into a corner. Had he acted more jokingly self-deprecating, along with not tying the incident with an inability to control himself, and rather a joke done in bad taste that got out of hand, he might have recovered.
>>
>>82577534
Nigger.
>>
"afro americans"
>>
>>82577885
This.

The whole public apology thing was a terrible mistake, especially on a late night comedy show.
>>
His Danny Dooberstein bit on Curb was a pretty good recovery.
>>
The Aristocrats.
>>
>>82577534
Patrice is on record saying he found it hilarious until he saw the apology. So perhaps he should have played it off?
>>
File: IMG_7080.jpg (52KB, 445x400px)
IMG_7080.jpg
52KB, 445x400px
Should have appeared live on CNN and called for a race war.
>>
>>82577981

Considering he was originally planning on saying "dreadlock Americans" it's a bit of an improvement t b h
>>
not getting his buddy seinfeld to do this ridiculous spot on a talk show? the whole thing was fucking ridiculous
>>
he should have issued an apology, but not on a fucking late nite talk show. He only made himself look like way more of a racist by saying shit like "I'm not even a racist, that's what's so insane about all this!"

He should have just made a written apology and let people forget about him. Then maybe he could've come back years later, saying he just had a psychotic episode or something.
>>
Sucked a black guys dick live on air.
>>
>>82578054
I heard it was basketball americans
>>
If he went on the Letterman show almost in character and treated it like a "life is just crazy, ain't it?" type of joke it might have worked
>>
>>82577867
fpbp
>>
>>82578414
No way. People would have seen that as extremely disrespectful to try and make jokes about it like it was no big deal. He was already disgraced and was just trying to save face at that point
>>
>>82578730
Well the audience was already laughing while he was grovelling. Has anyone even ever attempted something like that?
>>
>>82577986
Yeah, they did the apology on some late night talk show with Seinfeld as a guest and the audience just laughed at Kramer when he tried to apologize. It was pretty pathetic.
>>
>>82578340
Now THIS I can get behind.
>>
>>82578307
>Then maybe he could've come back years later, saying he just had a psychotic episode or something.
This, maybe pay a visit to Jesse Jackson as well. While he's at it save an inner city school with a bit of that Seinfeld money.
>>
>>82577885
The same thing a witch could say to a witchfinder and a crowd of angry peasants.
>>
>it's a Michael Richards Apology thread

The fucking best.
>>
He did nothing wrong, a nigger was provoking him.
>>
>I didn't know why that kind of response was wrong, but now I've had it explained to me and understand why it was so hurtful. I'll be going to schools holding anti-racist lectures to do my part to make sure no children ever hold such awful, mistaken beliefs again.

easy pz.
>>
He shouldn't have bothered apologizing at all. Black people never forget or forgive shit like that.
>>
Stop laughing, it's not funny.
>>
>>82577867

the british word for snickers is 'sniggers,' would be quite appropriate in this situation
>>
>>82577534
I'm deeply sorry for the things I said. I was under the influence of drugs at the time and it led to an outburst of poorly conveyed shock humor. I'd like to apologize again to the people of the comedy club who paid to have a good time. I'm voluntarily checking myself into rehab effective immediately. Thank you for your understanding.

Say it with a straight face and you're done. Let's be honest though his career was already over. His standup is terrible and he's typecast. If he REALLY needed income which he shouldn't I suppose he lost potential "comic con"/autograph signing show revenue but that's all.
>>
File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (93KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault[4].jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
Should've had a prominent black comedian like Chappelle (who seemed to empathize with him) bring him out at a few shows or whatever and done a bit together
>>
>>82577534
>Fuck drumpf and fuck white people!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.