[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fmg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1492457340216.png (531KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492457340216.png
531KB, 1024x1024px
If I'm making an Indie film, can I use Government agencies such the ATF without consulting them? Is their Bureau name public domain? I don't think everybody who has FBI in their films contacts the FBI.

Also if I portray the ATF as evil, stupid thugs, can I get sued for defamation?

In my film I was gonna write them as side villains who are thugs that love to kill dogs and babies to get paychecks to spend on hookers and crack. Could I get sued for portraying them accurately like this?
>>
>>82574206
/k/ pls
>>
>>82574275
I do mean the question. Can I use the Bureau name as public domain, and can I get sued if I portray them in an extremely negative light?
>>
>>82574206
I don't think so really, a lot of government information is public and not copyrighted and I would definitely think just the names of government agencies aren't
>>
>>82574275
Is /k/ secretly the dumbest board? Now that I think about it I've never once seen a worthwhile /k/ post.
>>
>>82574206
Depends on the state.
Licensees will be needed.
>>
>>82574445
no, you have a right to political satire
>>
>>82574640
Got any more information? I'm either filming in New Hampshire, Arizona or Utah (early in development)
How would I contact a Licensee? What are the rules for these three States?
>>82574696
I hope so in regards to having them smoking crack and killing dogs in several scenes. Not sure if the acronym is Public Domain, though.
>>
>>82574633
Nope, go to /x/
People dismiss science in favor of "but I saw something and it felt real"
Easily Zimbabwe tier
>>
>>82574875
There was a guy freaking out thinking he got cursed because bugs were in his house during winter.
>>
>>82574206
I dunno the law, but I doubt it... so your film will be portraying the "American Tactical Force", and the "Federal Board of Interrogations"... I don't think you can copyright / trademark / legally posses / whatever / an acronym.
>>
>>82574899
I believe you, that group is legit retarded
I wish I could say they're hardcore rp but they genuinely believe the shit they post
>>
>Girl who's acting for me is with SAG
>Gonna have to use their student film form which requires my ssn even though the platform I'm creating for doesn't even care about SAG

>Camera rental $50/day
>Shooting next week
>Other actress's (short) scene has to be later this week because she's leaving next week when I have my real camera
>Have to shoot on shitty personal camera and hope my editor can spruce it up enough

nouvelle vague bitches
>>
>>82574206
Yes, you can absolutely use ATF/FBI or even the full names, with zero fear of legal consequences. It's broadly protected by the First Amendment.

The only way you might conceivably run into trouble is if you used the names of actual real life agents and presented your film as a nonfiction depiction of real life events.
>>
Why not use that little disclaimer at the end about "the names and events in this film are fictional any coincidence..." or however it goes
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.