[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did JJ originally intend to blow up Coruscant?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 39

Did JJ originally intend to blow up Coruscant?
>>
>>82573076
It's a metaphor for removing any evidence of the prequels
>>
>>82573076
Blowing up Coruscant and making that a bigger part of the story would have been 100000x more interesting and impactful than what we got.
>>
>destroys one planet and all of its moons
>>
File: 1487628786451.png (1MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487628786451.png
1MB, 960x960px
>>82573076
I thought they blew up random planets. I didn't even know Coruscant got fucked up.
>>
>>82573274
It didn't
>>
At least that world will remain open for the opportunity for a better director in a better time to revisit it. I think a small part of JJ knew he was a total hack so he avoided doing anything that would seriously impact the world of Star Wars.
>>
>>82573076
yes but they turned it into a random city planet because they noticed in editing that the scene has zero emotional impact.
>>
How did Han and the gang see that explosion? Was that cantina in the same solar system?
>>
>>82573076
Probably, but Disney didn't want to upset prequelbabbies
>>
File: 1244 - 8YJuKc1.jpg (11KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1244 - 8YJuKc1.jpg
11KB, 526x526px
>>82573076
DOESN'T MATTER

HOW THE FUCK DID FINN SEE THAT FUCKING BEAM FROM TAKODANA WHERE MAZ'S CASTLE WAS. AND HOW THE FUCK WERE SO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER?!?!?! Fuck that part of the mocie is probably one of the dumbest Star Wars moments ever.
>>
>>82573387
Ahh, I misread the thread then.
>>
The Republic capital changes every so often in this new Republic. The planet that got blown up wasn't Coruscant, it was the current capital at the time of the attack.
>>
The scene is meaningless because we have no idea how many planets are in the Republic and how many planets the New Order has at its disposal
>>
>>82573481
The dumbest part was the final scene where jj thought it was a great idea to have a spinning helicopter shot in star wars. What a fucking cunt.
>>
File: 1399274126261.gif (2MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
1399274126261.gif
2MB, 300x332px
>>82573619
>spinning helicopter shot in star wars
>people in the theatre clapping and shouting their heads off with praise
>mfw
>>
>>82573619
Technical choice vs. Plothole of solar system proportions
>>
>>82573619
>spinning helicopter shot
I couldn't stop laughing because it was that bad. Why didn't they just go with a zoom out shot or even an iconic still shot like the other films? Hard to believe that this guy actually had the nerve to say that he knew what made Star Wars what it was.
>>
>>82573688
>tfw never noticed that brief moment she looks into the camera before
Hhhnnnnnnnngggggg
>>
>>82573463
JJ has an awful sense of scale. Hyperspace traveling weapon blast, instant hyperspace, planets so visible to one another that you can almost see the people waving at you.

Also: Planet sized weapon that consumes a sun for power, yet has no means to travel to another sun after the current one is all used up.
>>
>>82573463
a story for another time
>>
>>82573944
How many solar systems do you really need to destroy?
>>
>>82573118
I actually kind of thought this as well. I don't think metaphor is the right word though.
>>
File: Korr_Sella_final_moments.jpg (169KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Korr_Sella_final_moments.jpg
169KB, 1920x800px
Was that Freema Agyeman?
>>
>>82573944
This. Also, if the weapon was in the same solar system, wouldn't the republic planets be able to see it? A planet with a giant gun in the middle is kinda hard to hide. Also, why blow up the planets at all? Absorbing the star would wreck all the other planets anyway and they could use the star's power for other shit.
>>
>>82573619
I was dumbfounded when I saw that. Like I couldn't believe that shot with Luke not saying a single word was the ending
>>
>>82573118
The opening line of TFA was also a metaphor for that.
>>
>>82574543
>if the weapon was in the same solar system
it wasn't, starkiller base can fire across the galaxy.
>>
>>82574774
That's retarded
>>
>gets mad at Finn for running away at maz's castle cantina
>touches a lightsaber in the castle's basement and immediately runs away
what a fucking cunt.
>>
>>82574543
>Also, if the weapon was in the same solar system
Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>82575121
Star system*
Whatever it's late here.
>>
>>82573688
who is that coked up bitch?
>>
>>82574645
I'm sure JJ will take the advice of some NEETs on an imageboard and avoid that mistake again since 95% of the audience were probably just plebs.
>>
File: normal_trekxihd2035.jpg (24KB, 540x227px) Image search: [Google]
normal_trekxihd2035.jpg
24KB, 540x227px
what was your favourite moment from tfa?

this was mine
>>
File: 23423.jpg (24KB, 464x580px) Image search: [Google]
23423.jpg
24KB, 464x580px
>>82574135
Is he an old Jar Jar?
>>
>>82575293
>95% of the audience were probably just plebs.
You got that part right.
>>
>>82574842
It's JJ, of course it's retarded.
>>
>>82573539
That's stupid
>>
>>82575333
No just a doctor who alien
>>
>>82574135
>Senate of the the Universe
>7 humans, 1 shit Disney alien

I fucking hate JJ
>>
>>82573481
Agreed, that was an extremely dumb move on its own, but it's made worse by the fact that they never fucking showed the New Republic in any capacity besides getting fucking nuked. No character is even associated with it.
>>
>>82575333
When the death sticks hit.
>>
It was totally-not-coruscant. Earlier in the movie you had a totally-not-hoth and a totally-not-tatooine as well.

I think JJ read the script at one point and honestly felt a little bad about how unoriginal it was, so that's his idea of fixing it.
>>
>>82574135
is this the new star trek?
>>
>>82574135
>>82573076
>Could've had a movie where the rebels actually weren't just a rag tag group of 8 Xwings
>Nope, shit dick JJ blows up the Republic planets and we're back to a rag tag group of 8 Xwings
>>
>>82573118
LOL I saw it as a metaphor for removing any evidence of truth and a good movie
>>
>>82573076
JJ would never do that, he only likes original settings like Jakku, which is like nothing we've ever seen before
>>
>>82574135
Ayo hol up, that's the chick from Sense8?
>>
>>82575333
Isn't that a Bothan?
>>
>>82573118
Kinda wish they didn't mention the clones and the prequels could be not cannon.
>>
>>82573118
Hayden Christensen is probably a force ghost in the sequels.
>>
>>82578004
naw its the chick from 28 Days Later
>>
File: 1485251534265.jpg (145KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485251534265.jpg
145KB, 600x600px
>beat the world-destroying death machine only after it has already killed tens of billions of people
>celebrate likes it's some big victory

This is honestly my biggest problem with 7.
>>
>>82578115
>Poe blows up Starkiller base
>Everyone congratulates Rey
>>
File: 1494226803416.gif (1001KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1494226803416.gif
1001KB, 400x240px
>>82578232
>>
>>82578115

They even mention "the Republic fleet" being there, so they lost the bulk of their navy too.
>>
>>82578115
that's like saying no one should've celebrated V Day because of all the people that died in WWII
>>
>>82578369
It'd be more like the Japanese celebrating Hiroshima the day after if they shot the plane down
>>
>>82578369
Sure, but this fictional event is of a vastly bigger scale.
>>
Why is the Resistance called the Resistance if they're directly affiliated with the New Republic, the main ruling entity?
>>
>>82578369
Nah, this would be like if Bush caught Osama the day after 9/11 and then everybody threw a a big rave in Times Square.
>>
File: latest.jpg (138KB, 845x1013px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
138KB, 845x1013px
>>82578024
Bothans look like this.
>>
>>82575333
He's lit
>>
>>82578821
They just changed the names, numbers and race and gender of two characters and remade ANH. Kasdan lost it, or possibly never had it, when all he could muster is a carbon copy of the one SW film he didn't write.
>>
>>82578821
Because they're a bunch of SJW cucks that want to feel like they're tough hombres for fighting the alt-right neonazis by virtue signaling their predecessors (the Rebellion, the Resistance), the people who didn't sit around passive-aggressively tweeting and reposting clickbait on Facebook but watched their friends die screaming in agony trying to put their guts back inside themselves after being torn apart by actual Nazi shrapnel on Normandy beach, just like the alt-right is trying to virtue signal that they're tough hombres who are going to save the galaxy from degeneracy by passive-aggressively posting nigger nigger nigger nigger and gas the jews on an anime message board while *their* predecessors actually got shit done by getting into vicious gang fights in the streets of Berlin and Rome and enlisting in the army to fight against the world.

JJ and Lucas have a lot more in common than you might think when it comes to poetry.
>>
>>82578821
Because resistance is not defined by power or governing rule. If a governing body uses their power to deny anything, it's resistance.

That being said, the name makes no fucking sense unless they're an unaffiliated rabble who the Republic ignores, otherwise they should be a Squadron with a numerical callsign.

TFA is a shit movie sold to mass appeal.
>>
>>82575324
I liked when they got the old Anakin lightsaber, the one that was used to kill children and fell off the thing into the abyss. It's just here now because fuck you and fuck you
>>
>>82579151
the republic has its own army. rebellion is just a general separatist movement label that includes the army.

and the original star wars sold to mass appeal by paraphrasing B-movies and adventure serials that came before it.
>>
>>82576774
LOL. That would require work though. Hah get a load of this guy. Could you imagine the actual thought required to make somehting like that? You thiunk they ahve time to actualyl wput in effort to male somethign good. FUCK YOUY
>>
>>82573076
This scene is why start wars is fucking retarded. Why would a super advanced civilization just fucking blow up a bunch of planets and lose all of its resources? It be more realistic is they unleashed some biogen's on the planets
>>
>>82577209
We aren't going to rely on old imagery. This is new. Cut to scene of young desert person in xwing helmet sitting on atat beside downed star destroyer with xwing pilot toy and 2 settings suns.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>82575078
thank you! fucking someon eelse picked up on this.its like jar jar abrams needed her to get kidnapped by kylo ren so they can share that mind rape scene, but couldnt think of anything better than having her run off into the woods with no purpose. fucking guy gets paid millions and thats the best he could do. tfa went to shit after han shwed up, and really went to hell after the cantina rip off.
>>
>>82579391
Tarkin wanted to blow up hippie planet leia was from, then use fear to keep everyone in check.

This new movie was a facimile. Everyone involved was acting like people who make good movies. LIke they thought they should, but they lacked a good philosophical education to understand what it means to make art.
>>
>>82579391
you must've missed the other films where they built two fucking death stars to do the exact same thing.
>>
>>82579549

Its really sad.The Death Star wasn't a threat for what it was, but what it represented. It wasn't capable of simply destroying any planet they wanted whenever they wanted. In Theory it could, but in reality it could not. However, it was more like having nukes vs a nation without nukes.

Starkiller base is far too powerful...and too easily defeated. The entire premise of Ep.4 is getting these plans to the right people to remove the fear of opposition. Planets would not help the rebel cause if they could simply be annihilated for doing so. Starkiller base is this poorly protected god cannon? It's just so...... shallow.
>>
>>82579447
are you typing with your 3 inch stub of a cock or something?
>>
File: latest.jpg (331KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
331KB, 1920x800px
>destroy planet sized station responsible for the destruction of several planets, with this

Before anyone mentions ANH, that was exploiting weaknesses of the death star like it being designed to fight large fleets and not small fighters and required one of the pilots being a force user. The New Order no doubt knew of this weakness and would have designed their enormous planet base to counter this.
>>
>>82573944
Not too mention that destroying the star for any system would already destroy any planets in rotation, leaving no need for a weapon
>>
>>82578979
Such a handsome lad, our Admiral Aygo.
>>
>>82579716
the rebellion fights with foxholes and ragtag strategies. Their asses had to be saved by fucking Ewoks in ROTJ for god's sake. they don't big dick their way into the situation.

Probably cause the Empire keeps building massive superweapons. You can't actually fight fire with fire.
>>
>>82579711
sideways one handed on a laptop while watching modern family. also full of nerd rage about the force awakens
>>
>>82579883
kek
>>
>>82579861
I'm not saying they needed to big dick their way. I'm saying it was retarded how easily they destroyed starkiller base when they used less people than was required in the battle of endor. They didn't even have a force user in their attack force.
>>
>>82579731
Shhh...
Every stanza with the next.

I miss george.

Art is made great by passion alone. Tommy Wiseau made a great movie in spite of his obvious disabilities. He hated women so much that he crafted beauty.

Making terrible work, is actually tremendously hard. Making good work is hard.

But making truly boring work. That is easy. You need to separate yourself. Have pride, hubris to look down on the material. To not respect what has come before nor have the thought to try to understand how forebearers came to conclusions.

George Lucas in spite of his impotence and only being outdone by jonathan frakes for lack of a chin, was able to make a work of art while being severely constrained by outside forces, and the better for it.
When he shed his constraints for the painfully dumb episode 6, his chinless dickless urges took over and we had filth on the screen.

JJ Abrams has no constraints. There is no writer or producer to say, why is the falcon there?
Why does this tie fighter have 2 chairs and a tether?
Why can I see that planet blow up?
Why did you let Harrison Ford, the talent, influence the story?
Why can we all laser sword fight?

When one becomes alive they see the reasons for being through thought.
>>
>>82576774
THIS THIS THIS THIS REEEEEE
>>
>>82575559
I think this post pretty much nailed why I fucking hate these new movies.
No longer will we get to see a menagerie of crazy looking aliens and puppets. We'll get to see maybe a quick one here or there but the rest will be lol NIGGERS N WOMYN U GUIZE CMON IT'S 2015!!!
Fuck Disney Wars.
>>
>>82578836
>>82578485
This
>>
>>82580025
Starkiller base wasn't as populated or protected because one, it was a hollowed out planet, not a complete military base, and two, this is post-Empire. The First Order are a separatist neo-Empire group that is (preumably) smaller than what we saw in the OT.

Plus they had more people working on taking it down than in ANH. They had a mission to disable its shields, Han and Chewie had a mission to bomb the structures inside, and Poe had a mission to fly inside and deliver the payload.

It was a more complex mission that had to have more people work on it.
>>
>>82578979
NOT
CANON
>>
>>82580290
I'm pretty sure hollowing out a planet and turning it into a star system killer is not feasible for a force smaller than the OT Imperial force
>>
>>82580123
>why is the falcon there
it was junked. Jakku is a junker planet.

>Why does this tie fighter have 2 chairs and a tether
co-pilots exist?

>Why can I see that planet blow up?
literally explained as being done for narrative clarity. don't be this autistic.

>Why did you let Harrison Ford, the talent, influence the story?
because he wanted to die. that's a great lead for a story and proved to be a good surprise (for people who didn't spoil it for themselves the day of release)

>Why can we all laser sword fight?
this isn't true in TFA at all. Rey slashes like she can barely fight. the fighting is much more primal and undisciplined compared to anything in the prequels. No one does cool spinny tricks or acrobatics.

Nothing you said except for the planet destruction point is bad or mysterious.
>>
>>82574135

Walrusface looks high as fuck!
>>
>>82580365
considering the Third Reich laser launch it still looked pretty big. I think they only hollowed out the core and its outer circumference. It looks dead everywhere else.
>>
>>82575324
the first few moments at the start of the movie before i knew how complete and utter shit this movie was
>>
>>82580596
the first few moments of watching Planet Vulcan blow up, which happens in the middle of Star Trek (2009), is when you knew how utter shit The Force Awakens was.

ok.
>>
>>82580456

>it was junked. Jakku is a junker planet.
It wasn't junked it was in perfect condition

>co-pilots exist?
Never seen that before

>literally explained as being done for narrative clarity. don't be this autistic.
Literally explained for being fucking stupid you fucking retard. FUCK

>because he wanted to die. that's a great lead for a story and proved to be a good surprise (for people who didn't spoil it for themselves the day of release)

Talent is fucking stupid. No one cares what some fucking californian carpenter thinks. Thats fucking lazy and lets that lazy fuck off the hook to show up for work

>this isn't true in TFA at all. Rey slashes like she can barely fight. the fighting is much more primal and undisciplined compared to anything in the prequels. No one does cool spinny tricks or acrobatics.

In STAR WARS vadar and obiwans fight is more for show. They cant do acrobatics because it hadnt been invented yet.
Rey defeats multiple guards with mental fucking and is able to run around the dumb planet shooter. YOU FUCKINFG IDIOT.

>Nothing you said except for the planet destruction point is bad or mysterious.

Im sorry I thought you were are a human. I thought you liked art. FUcking some peoples dumb kids.
>>
>>82575324
I enjoyed Rey sitting on the AT AT eating her hard tack
>>
>>82580773
>Never seen that before

That's really a non-issue. Nothing wrong with tie-fighters having locked fuel lines and a back gunner. Everything else you're saying is mostly on point though.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (303KB, 2024x1328px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
303KB, 2024x1328px
>>82580290
The problem with them having smaller than OT numbers is starkiller is way bigger than anything the empire made. It takes the empire 20 years to build the first death star, I believe. Let's say the Order have 30 years, they probably need somewhat the same levels of manpower (and resources from somewhere).

It's true they had separate missions like in rotj, but they had far fewer people. Their fleet consisted of like 20 x-wings and their infiltration team was literally just han, chewie and boyega. It's unreasonable to believe they defended their main base so poorly.
>>
>>82580456
>>82580773
harrison for wanted han to die after episode 5. he hated the character. if you didnt see it coming from a mile away, youre a retard.

leia will die in 8 and not just cause of carrie fisher being dead, but cause disney is cutting the chaff of the old characters. i expect luke to die in 8 as well. the droids and maybe chewie will say to sell toys and since they dont look old.
>>
File: btfo.png (49KB, 759x478px) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
49KB, 759x478px
>>82580773
>was in perfect condition
it was under tarp and no one knew what it was. it was traded and left in holdings. maybe the trader was trying to get a good deal for it, who knows.

>Literally explained for being fucking stupid you fucking retard. FUCK
don't drop your spaghettios, friend.

>Talent is fucking stupid. No one cares what some fucking californian carpenter thinks.
then don't watch any movie ever. you've renounced your right to enjoy entertainment made by anyone who isn't approved by your random fascist anti-creative standards.

>They cant do acrobatics because it hadnt been invented yet.
yeah acrobatics never existed until 1978 lol. they didn't do it because they were old and real jedi were almost extinct. but the PREQUELS, which show you real Jedi, has real saber combat.

>Rey defeats multiple guards with mental fucking
because of hypersensitivity to The Force, the cause of which will be explained in the sequels.

>YOU FUCKINFG IDIOT.
autismspeaks dot org
>>
>>82581005
Oh wow, they wrote how the completely impossible bullshit worked in a book, that totally makes it better.
>inb4 muh sci-fi
>>
>>82580892
like I said, it looks like they only hollowed out the trench and core. the total volume of the Death Star II is insane. It's a wonder they even managed to build that much between IV and VI.

realism clearly isn't a big deal when to comes to galactic construction.

And yeah, the ragtag team of like 5 infiltrating the base is dumb, but so is basically every other movie that hinges on things like these in order to get main characters onto enemy territory. We get it by now. That's why modern movies can coast on genre conventions like these.
>>
Wait there are people who unironically like this movie?

It was only slightly better than the holiday special.
>>
>>82581005
>the beam is faster light
>b-but also creates an effect that can be still be seen

I honestly don't get these mental gymnastics to make it something as ridiculous as the laserbeam grounded. That beam was about the size of a moon, considering how it impacted on the planets. How to fuck can you see anything the size of a moon in another fucking solar system without a telescope? You can't even see the moons in our solar system with the naked eye. It's ok to just accept that it was nonsense, after all it's sci-fi it's all nonsense.
>>
>>82581357
Yeah, and the prequels are great films.
>>
>>82573481
HOW THE FUCK IS THERE SOUND IN SPACE

HOW THE FUCK DID HAN GET FROM HOTH TO BESPIN WITHOUT A HYPERDRIVE, EVEN IF THE SYSTEMS WERE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN YEARS

WHY DO FIGHTERS MANEUVER LIKE FIGHTER JETS IN ZERO GRAVITY

WHY WASN'T THE DEATH STAR IMMEDIATELY DESTROYED BY THE DEBRIS FROM ALDERAAN AS IT WAS PULLED INTO ITS GRAVITATIONAL FIELD

IT'S ALMOST AS IF IT'S A FUCKING MOVIE AND NOT A GODDAMN SCIENCE LESSON YOU SPERGLORD SUPREME
>>
>>82581372
there are like a million concepts in Star Wars that don't work physically. Blades of light that are somehow solid? Hearing explosions in a vacuum? That's failing basic astrophysics 101.

having a problem with seeing a major plot point in the sky that the audience needs to understand the severity of is being a little too autistic. just take the half-assed explanation and move on.
>>
>>82578065
The Clone Wars is mentioned in the OT

Removing the prequels merely keeps it ambiguous
>>
>>82573205
It is the only option that makes sense. Not sure how they fucked this up
>>
>>82581372

>>82581372

It would have been less dumb if someone was like "Maz, put on the news!" and every screen showed reports of planets being destroyed with footage from ships/moons/stations and such. I guess that's not very "Star Wars" but....why not? Their MUST be some kind of communication network. It would have added to the franchise, good time for a podracing cameo to be turned off into the news.
>>
>>82581506
>HOW THE FUCK IS THERE SOUND IN SPACE
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aural_sensor
Actually makes sense when you think about it.
>>
>>82573463
No, it's just awful artistic choices. Notice how no one knew Alderaan was missing until they got to where it was supposed to be. Now they can see planets across the galaxy explode and know exactly which ones they are.
>>
>>82573481
Hyperspacing thru big ass shields effectively made the battle of endor pointless. At least the ground campaign.
>>
>>82581469
At least they're original and not filled with a ton of plot holes and a completely shit story that was just copied from ep 4.
>>
>>82581506
They established certain laws of physics as we went along in the originals, only to erase them for lols in episode 7.
>>
>>82581764
yes because people really loved trade route taxation and "original" bad acting.
>>
man, jin had a nice ass

I always think about the scene where she almost smacks cassiens face with the hard drive because those pants she was wearing were doing her favors
>>
>>82581776
Please, tell me where laws of physics are explained in Star Wars, because they violate them all the goddamn time.

You just want an excuse to bitch because muh disney jews niggers kikes feminism mary sue ruining muh sekrit star wars klub
>>
>>82578065
Stay butthurt for the rest of your life, dipshit.
>>
>>82581871
hey don't bring in the kanji klub with the rest of that political trash
>>
File: kanjiklub.jpg (252KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
kanjiklub.jpg
252KB, 1920x804px
>>82581871
>star wars klub
>>
>>82576774
There are actually a ton of deleted scenes showing Leia trying to garner support for the Resistance in the New Republic Senate only to get shut down by pacifists who think appeasing the First Order is the better option. I assume J.J. cut the scenes because he thought they were too similar to the prequels, and in the process basically destroyed any semblance of proper world building and context in his story.
>>
>>82582017
they're actually really fucking awful scenes that don't add anything to the movie. You really think the movie would have been better served if Leia's introduction wasn't a heartfelt reunion with Han, but an autistic infodump about space politics?

stop treating Star Wars like a documentary.
>>
Why does the empire keep build huge moon bases to mount giant lasers on when they could get the same results just by throwing large rocks at planets?
>>
>>82573463
>>82573481
TFA is literally garbage and full of plotholes

One of the most inexcusible ones is the whole deathstar 3 (lets call it that, it's what it is) firing sequence and Rei

>Rei gets her spooky vision and runs out of Maaz's temple crying
>Han/Finn begin walking out of Maaz's temple
>Death Star 3 fires and beam travels across the galaxy to blow up Hosnian Prime
>Kylo Renn is on his star destroyer, looking at the beam from the death star 3 planet
>People on Maaz's planet can SEE the beam even though it's nowhere near Hosnian Prime or even the destination (pic related)
>Rei is STILL running in the woods and Finn JUST reaches outside, meaning its only been a few minutes at most for the beam to go across the fucking galaxy and magically appear over Maaz's planet
>Kylo Ren arrives and kidnaps Rei, even though he was just on the other side of the galaxy a few minutes ago

RLM will excuse this though despite nitpicking the prequels to hell, because "rei was charismatic as hell"
>>
>>82581682
>These sensors were "invented" to explain why sound was heard in space in the Star Wars films, despite the physical impossibility of that (as there is no substance that can transmit soundwaves). This phenomenon is seen in a number of science fiction films and games, not just the Star Wars ones, and although conflicting physics, is generally accepted as part of suspension of disbelief, as the audience would be left confused otherwise.

It still makes no goddamned sense at all.
>>
>>82581871
It's not like they pull out a textbook about Newton's laws. There are established norms that indicate how things work. For one, as you said, there's always sound in space. They never break that. In this Universe, there is sound in space. Big deal. But in Episode 7 they violate other things.

For one, the death star 2 has a big shield around it, preventing anyone from getting close. hence the whole reason for the endor campaign. Now you can hypserspace through planet-sized shields beacuse.. who knows. Number 2, seeing planets get zapped from across the galaxy. No one knew Alderaan was gone until they got up close to it and saw the asteroid field. Now Finn and co can see planets getting popped from across the galaxy, THEN have the wherewithal to actually know which ones they are.

But yes, keep telling yourself that there's nothing wrong with the film. It has to be petty "star was klub" or whatever the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>82578979
Why are there Khajiits in Star Wars?
>>
>>82582121
first order is run by a bunch of manchildren pretending to be the empire to make up for their own insecurities, and they think that to be proper inheritors to the Empire they need their own overcompensating superweapon that's BIGGERER and BETTERER than the last one

starkiller base is a parody of the superweapon escalation that's plagued the series ever since George rehashed the death star in rotj and the EU ran with it
>>
>>82582169
so you completely ignored the posts above. got it.
>>
>>82573481
look at fuckin neil de grass tyson over here

can it nerd
>>
>>82582194
>w-w-w-we're not rehashing the same plot, it's just a parody guys!
>>
>>82573076
I wouldn't have minded if he did, it would have left quite the wake and set up quite a universe
>>
>Poe just abandons his mission to deliver the BB8 and just leaves for no reason
>A small empire faction decides to create another death star while the republic controls the galaxy. Who cares that the empire had to strain its supplies to the max when they were building it. The Order can just build it for free.
>Nobody notices that they turned a freaking planet into a death star. Amassing a ridiculus amount of resources to some system wasn't suspicious at all.
>Ray is just best at everything. Who cares that mastering the force takes years? She can do it in the matter of minutes without training.
>The death star planet gets destroyed by a bunch of X-Wings. Money well spent
>Kylo doesn't use force against Finn while he has a duel with him.
>Ray beats Kylo who is an apprentice of Luke without any training
>Han can jump into the gravity well and under the shield. Looks like interdictors are just for fun now

There's just so much stupid shit that I can't imagine who in their right mind could write that.
>>
>>82582261
It's rehashing familiar elements of Star Wars in a superficial manner but is actually subverting them to comment on the nature of the franchise as a whole, the entire movie is full of that shit (just look at kylo)

but yeah continue resorting to meme arrows and strawman arguments
>>
TFA was so empty narrative wise and flat-out confusing. I was 10 when I saw TPM and never got confused by the "space politics" yet I had no idea wtf was going on in TFA. Who were these first order guys? who were these resistance guys? Where's the republic? Where are all the alien races? Where's Courascant? Why is the first order so strong?
>>
>>82582301
who cares nerd, no one gives a shit about your wikifag eufag bullshit
>>
>>82581871
>you just want an excuse to bitch

People saying that fans would've complained regardless are just making excuses. We're not complaining just to complain. We weren't expecting a lazy rehash of ANH, and they certainly didn't market it that way. You know, there are more options than just "totally different" and "exactly the same". I wanted something that felt similar to the Original Trilogy but was a mostly new story. What's the point of avoiding spoilers for a film I've already seen decades ago? If TFA was meant to be a love letter to the Original Trilogy, why weren't they honest in telling us that before the film released? How is TFA supposed to stand the test of time when it's a blatant copy of a much superior film from the same franchise?
>>
>>82582170
Imagine it like this. You have a computer that can simulate a sound around you from the sensors. Would you use it or just fly around without hearing anything?
>>
>>82582326
>yes this entire movie is clearly a clever commentary on the "franchise" rather than a paint by number marvelized shitshow
>>
>>82582393
except being too similar to ANH is an entirely different argument than "space physics didn't align with my headcanon", the latter of which is entirely a non-argument
>>
>>82582340
People criticized Lucas for going full autism in the Prequels wrt space politics, so JJ went in the opposite direction and left absolutely everything completely unexplained.
>>
>>82582457
>reeee I can't into subtext so it doesn't exist! niggers kikes feminism mary sue fuck disney!!!
>>
>>82582466
better save it for a sequel with Whills and Force Trees than have someone go "because midichlorians" then leave no mystery for the audience.
>>
>>82582460
You entirely dismissed someone's critiques as whining about feminism (which was never brought up) when there are a bevy of issues surrounding the film. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>82582498
And I'm sure you'll be right here shilling about the "subtext" of the last jedi just being a complete rehash of empire strikes back.
>>
>>82582366
Sure just keep watching illogical shit for brainless retards.
>>
>>82581005

>This was confirmed by the film's Creative Exceutive, Pablo Hidalgo
>Apparently the explosions were...
>...Some weird-ass hyperspace-rip seen-across-the-cosmos kinda shit.

>Creative Executive

unbelievable
>>
The Jew Jew Abrahams films would actually make sense if the First Order were this terrorist force made up of the die-hard remnants of the Empire (think the SS during the final days of WW2) staging attacks against the Galactic Federation or whatever, the status-quo democratic space government that was formed out of the old rebellion forces and led by Leia and the rest.

What we got is just so retarded... imagine being paid to write this shit?
>>
>>82582741
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/677919736873684992

keep in mind your watching a film about magic space wizards that can lift things with their mind.
>>
>>82578115
>Ex-husband and the father of your children is killed by your fucking son
>You're the one comforting Rey, a girl you just met, who is bawling her eyes out

Like I get Carrie the cokefiend probably struggled to emote in her old age but jesus christ, they can't do anything right.
>>
>>82582943
she was probably so coked out of her mind she thought Rey was Chewie

I'm sure 7 EU novels and wookiepedia can make that canon.
>>
>>82582833

>It's just a fantasy movie, I don't have to even pretend to care or give a shit about what I'm making

No good fantasy writer goes into a project thinking this
>>
>>82582943
>Leia and Rey hug
>Chewbacca gets snubbed by Leia once again
>>
>>82583018
they gave a shit about making the narrative clear, rather than needlessly obscure. No one cares about how the main characters all saw the laser because it kind of needed to happen.

if you can make a mental leap that excuses planetary distances in the OT, you can excuse them here.
>>
>>82582745
The only thing in your post that didn't actually happen is the FO staging attacks against the NR. Just as you can easily label the rebels as terrorists during the GCW, you can easily label the FO terrorists for literally blowing up the NR governing body.

Everything else in your post is actually canon.
>>
>>82582833
When you're writing something like that it's not about if it's realistic. It's about consistency. You can't for example spend several movies explaining how hard it is to master the force and then just create a character that can use it without any training.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 231x216px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 231x216px
>>82574135
Are you feeling it Mr Krabs?
>>
File: CX6yYrFWsAAl5NE.jpg (68KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
CX6yYrFWsAAl5NE.jpg
68KB, 600x396px
>>82582741
What, you don't think Disney can be creative? Just check out this kewl design from TFA!
>>
>>82583155
luke had 3 days of training and beat Vader in RotJ

get the prequel and videogame shit out of you head, it's not about experience points
>>
>>82583334
>get the prequel and videogame shit out of you head, it's not about experience points

You've been watching too much RLM.
>>
Do you think JJ is salty that Rogue One was better than TFA?
>>
>>82583155
I assume her hyper sensitivity with the Force is going to be explained in the sequel. It's also implied Anakin is so good at pod races because he is adept at The Force, without "mastering" it.

>"He can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait."

The truth is we don't know the what The Force is and how it chooses people or how it operates yet. Maybe she has a higher midichlorian count than Anakin. it's intentionally left a mystery, so just wait until TLJ. if the explanation is bullshit then by all means whine about it then.
>>
File: p01zvbrx.jpg (87KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
p01zvbrx.jpg
87KB, 976x549px
>>82583320
I get what they were going for, I just don't think it translated well
>>
>>82583334

Vader didn't want to kill Luke. That's the whole point.
>>
File: ResistanceTransport.jpg (84KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
ResistanceTransport.jpg
84KB, 1000x535px
>>82583447
This one's also a box, but this time it's on its side
>>
>>82583080

>...Some weird-ass hyperspace-rip seen-across-the-cosmos kinda shit.
>What they're seeing is some weird hand-wavy hyperspace rip. Side-effect of the Starkiller.

What's clear is that "Creative Executive" is an oxymoron
>>
>>82583334
Yeah no he had much more training than that. And that was from the best jedi master in the order.

>>82583445
Even if she was a jedi and lost her memory for some reason it is still a shit writing. If it was the only problem tfa had I'd be willing to overlook that, but it's not.
>>
File: 1493068728065.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493068728065.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
How this whole movie sets up its factions is retarded.

>the Republic dismantled the Empire and are the primary power in the galaxy
>they're called "the Resistance"

>Empire is left as barely a faction
>they are called "The First Order" and are able to build a planet-sized weapon without anyone noticing
>>
>>82583570
>Even if she was a jedi and lost her memory for some reason
it doesn't even have to be that. maybe she just has more midichlorians so developed a higher Force sensitivity that hasn't been tapped into yet.

Maybe rage + emotion helped unlock a greater Force power and Luke recognizing that will lead to Grey Jedi. we don't know yet but from the teaser it looks like there's going to be a lot more lore in TLJ.
>>
it's an even biggerer death star that blows up a whole lot of planets
>>
>>82583705
You're just confused, anon.

New Republic was set up less than a year after Endor while the Empire was cannibalizing itself. Leia sets up the Resistance as a different group 23 years later when she obtains evidence of the First Order existing.

A year after Endor, after the battle of Jakku, the Empire (what's controlled by Mas Amedda still) signs a peace treaty effectively removing the Empire as a threat. The part of the Empire controlled by Gallius Rax and Rae Sloane escapes Jakku with whatever living forces they have, to set up the First Order from scratch in the Unknown Regions.

All four of them are different groups, despite the newer two being offshoots of the first.
>>
>>82583993
I either missed those scenes, or you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>82573118
then why is jimmy smits in rogue one
>>
>>82584059
I see you're one of those "fans" that only watches the movies. Disney SW has literally everything else to set up the background for what's shown in the new movies now. You have to crack open books now to get the full picture, whereas before Disney, the books were just there as what-ifs to continue the story past what George was doing. Disney is making sure the story is created with books concurrently as the movies, effectively making them equal even if you don't see them as such.

Resistance is formed at the end of Bloodlines, everything else is the main plot in the Aftermath trilogy.
>>
>>82584194
The movie has to stand on its own. Fuck your "cinematic universe", or whatever it's called.
>>
>>82584308
The moment George decided to make a second movie and beyond, SW lost all chance of having it's movies be individually stand-alone.
>>
>>82584308
this so much tfa was confusing, dull and uninspired. they should have kept starwars dead with a good ending but they had to go and stand up a corspe with fucking jj abraham at the wheel. R1 was ok but really I have already forgoten most of it.
>>
>>82584492
It was't as offensively retarded as TFA, but it still had it's dumb moments and was generally very dull.

>>82584484
Still, the EU was always separate from the movies, which is a great solution in my opinion.
>>
>>82584194
I prefer to fill my book shelves with real books.
>>
>>82573076
God I hated that.
>>
>>82584492
>Tfa
>Confusing
Jesus.

Also George already planned this trilogy. They just didn't use his outline because it was probably autistic like the prequels.
>>
>>82573539
Nice headcanon
>>
>>82585206
>Also George already planned this trilogy.
You bought into Disney marketing, you're already lost.
>>
>>82584071
He's a big guy.
>>
>>82585249
It's already been noted in a couple different places that JJ/Lucasfilm were aware of George's ideas for ther ST (or at least episode 7) and they chose not to go with them early on.
>>
>>82581797
phantom menace made a fuck ton of money you fuck STUPID STUPID FUCK
>>
>>82582194
its like poetry
>>
>>82583334
>Luke
>Shot Womp Rats on Tatooine while flying his T-16 Skyhopper, explaining why he was a good shot and a good pilot
>Even then he almost gets BTFO by Vader during the trench run but he was saved at the last second by Han
>Was trained by Ben in the Force a little on the way to Alderaan, and finally managed to use it successfully to hit the exhaust port and destroy the Death Star
>Gets rekt by a Wampa on Hoth and has to be saved by Han
>Gets trained by Yoda for a week at most before he leaves to go save his friends, and then gets his ass handed to him by Vader
>Trains for another year until he's good enough to be considered a full Jedi
>Fights Vader again on the Death Star and only wins because he gives into his anger, and even then he stops himself before it's too late
>Proceeds to get his shit fucked up by the Emperor and only survives because Vader has a change of heart and betrays his master

>Rey
>Knows nothing about the Force when we first see her, yet she can suddenly use it with no problem during the 3rd act of the film
>Is somehow capable of flying the Falcon on her own, despite it ALWAYS needing 2 pilots whenever we saw it in the OT
>Gets no Force training whatsoever, yet she's capable of using a mind trick (Something Luke could only use in ROTJ after another year of training) and reading Kylo's mind
>Can pull a lightsaber towards her with the Force with apparent ease, even though Luke could barely do it at the beginning of ESB
>Is capable of defeating Kylo Ren in a lightsaber duel, despite the fact that he was trained by motherfucking Luke Skywalker and Snoke (Who we can assume is very powerful in the Force)

And notice that I haven't mentioned the prequels at all in my post (except for just now), so get that "b-b-but power levels..." shit outta here, because everyone else here on /tv/ is tired of seeing your whiny ass always go into an autistic fit about how much you hate George Lucas and the prequels.
>>
>>82573076

How could they see all those planets being blown up in real time from Maz's castle?

Were they in the same star system as the seat of the galactic senate?
>>
File: Rodian.jpg (60KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
Rodian.jpg
60KB, 600x601px
>Galaxy inhabited by a multitude of alien species known for being lowlife scum

>Solo is instead attacked by space irishmen and space mexicans
>>
>>82582326
aw man its so good someone whos been to college and knows the truths of the world is here to set everyone straight on the wars of the stars
>>
>>82573076
I don't even know why they blew up the old republic, it didn't seem to be of much consequence. Oh this planet blew up that you knew nothing about.
>>
>>82584194
well that makes perfect sense.. i should have to read multiple sources to understand A MOVIE AS IT PLAYS BEFORE MY EYES

kys little mousekuk
the hantavirus is eating your brain
>>
>>82587449
Hey so wasn't there a scene in Empire Strikes Back where Leia was the only one in the cockpit of the Falcon while Han and Chewie were trying to fix the ship and they were being attacked by fighters?
>>
>>82584194
>Please buy our books to understand wtf is going on
Jesus christ this is retarded
>>
>>82573619
>spinning
it's a good trick
>>
>>82588775
mynocs you retard
while theyre parked inside the asteroid space wurm. gonna getcha!
>>
>>82585206
George's idea for Jakku was for it to be a junkyard/forest world with worn down AT-ATs that navigate it. On that alone it would already be a hundred times better than TFA
>>
File: JarJarDarth.jpg (393KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
JarJarDarth.jpg
393KB, 1180x842px
>>82587656
Not so subtle racist stereotypes are a homage to Lucas.

At least Bob Marley Bugs Bunny didn't show up.
>>
>>82573481

If you remember a similar thing happened in the first JJ Trek movie.

You had Enterprise travel to intercept Nero and they dropped off Kirk on some random ice planet.

There Kirk met Spock randomly in some fucking cave.

Then when Vulcan gets destroyed both Kirk and Spock are watching that in the sky on that ice planet.

so the ice planet was like ... right next to Vulcan the entire time?

And it took the Enterprise hours while in warp to reach Vulcan while Kirk was romping around the ice planet that entire time?

And Scotty was stationed at that same planet in some sort of punishment outpost?
A habitable planet that's within pissing distance of Vulcan that somehow never got fully colonized?

JJ just doesn't give any sort of fucks about scale or distance.
>>
>>82575333
Jar Jar's fate in Aftermath is he's a wandering bum who entertains kids and is loathed by adults. No one even remembers his name.
>>
>>82582741
If you follow Pablo's Twitter he notes JJ brought in BadRobot and started running the show. Nobody in Lucasfilm was pleased with JJ making shitty calls. Even Pablo and some of the storygroup members hate Starkiller base.
>>
>>82573076
Why are the planets so close together, aren't they supposed to be in different star systems?

Why is a "laser" splitting and going into three different directions?

I've never seen this shitty movie, seriously, this makes me glad I didn't. Such massive retardation, and not even in a "suspension of disbelief" kind of way. It's pure stupidity.

The fact that a weakened empire was able to build a weapon even more massive than the Death star, and more complex is itself also incredibly retarded.
>>
>>82589058
It's almost like he's not thinking about your autism at all. How inconsiderate.
>>
>>82589524
>It's almost like he's not thinking
Fixed
>>
>>82589471
It's shit, you're better off this way. I didn't even pay to see it and I still felt cheated.
>>
>>82589058
The same shifting sense of scale and distance happened in all Star Trek series and movies and is pretty much standard issue in all sci-fi as the medium serves as a vessel for telling a story, not to demonstrate realism for the sake of appeasing aspies. The Fi in Sci-Fi means something.

You're just hung up on being butthurt over JJ because you've fully bandwagoned jr high contrarianism as your adopted personality and this tired rant is all the commentary you have to add and you think people will think you some deep intellectual if you whine about scale enough. We get it, you're trying to pull the I'm too smart for this movie posturing routine. You just really kinda of an insufferable douche. Sorry. That's what everyone around is actually thinking when you're going on these rants. It's your go to move but it never gets you anywhere.
>>
>>82589772
Is this a pasta?
>>
File: squirrel brain.gif (3MB, 320x291px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel brain.gif
3MB, 320x291px
>>82573688
>>
>>82584194
>I see you're one of those "fans" that only watches the movies.
It's a movie franchise though. Everything else doesn't matter.
>>
>>82582612
this desu
>>
>>82573118
That's fine. They also removed any interest I might have had for paying to see these movies.
>>
>>82573274
Instead of Coruscant, it was some bullshit replacement we've never heard of.
>>
File: TFA RO idiots.png (132KB, 461x319px) Image search: [Google]
TFA RO idiots.png
132KB, 461x319px
>>82584071

It's become increasingly clear that RO was made by a different faction.
>>
>>82573076
The way the handled this shit made it way too confusing.

>"IT WAS THE REPUBLIC!1111!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!"

How much fucking effort would it have taken for them to specify one system as a target? It was so retardedly ambiguous you thought they actually did dust Coruscant ans then were like "lolololol anyway..."
>>
>>82573463

Reminder that JJ did this in Star Trek too when Vulcan got destroyed.
>>
>>82591001
ET WUZ CLAERLY MADE BY KANJEH KLUBB
>>
>>82591129
He also failed to follow up on it in any interesting way. I think it was pretty shoddy story telling that the sequel didn't deal more directly with the consequences of that event. It all goes back to J.J. Abrams being a shitty world builder. He throws major catastrophes into the plot for the sake of spectacle, but he's ultimately uninterested in exploring their consequences in universe. That makes him a horrible director for any sci-fi franchise with an extensive universe.
>>
>>82579130
wow, a well thought post, a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one
>>
>>82581938
>Rama and Mad Dog lost to a Goosebumps monster

dumbest part of the movie desu
>>
So when do you think JJ Abrams is going to put time travel in Star Wars?

The dude puts time travel in fucking everything so much that I feel like he was molested by it as a child.
>>
>>82583536
>a B-Wing variation
>can't rotate

It's like they're TRYING to get all the little things wrong.
>>
>>82591303

JJ is out of the picture now. The new phantom menace is Kathleen Kennedy retconning the nature of the Force to make Rey more important to the plot than the Skywalkers.
>>
>caring about nuWars
>>
>>82575324
I enjoyed the movie up until Finn and Poe's escape and Finn and Rey's escape.
So I guess I only liked the first 15-20 minutes.
>>82580819
As much as I dislike Rey's character this was a nice scene. Made Rey feel like a real person instead of your archetypal Hollywood "strong womyn".
>>
>>82582193
Khajiit has answers, but only if you have creditsss.
>>
>Apparently you can drop out of hyperspace under planetary shields, bypassing them entirely
>First order wastes $$$ making starkiller base instead of taking a handful of old freighters, loading with explosive and rigging them to drop out of hyperspace all over *NOT*Coruscant and its moons
>The resistance didn't do the same thing to wreck the shield generator and surface defenses on starkiller base
>>
>>82580456
>it was junked. Jakku is a junker planet.
Jakku is the location of the last battle of the GCW. It's just a desert planet with a lot of salvage. A junker planet would be more like Ord Mantell, a place with facilities in place to process the massive amount of junked parts they process.
>because he wanted to die. that's a great lead for a story and proved to be a good surprise (for people who didn't spoil it for themselves the day of release)
Everyone who was an actual Star Wars fan knew Ford wanted Han to be killed off. His death in TFA was 35 years in the making.

>>82580773
>Never seen that before
Guess you missed The Battle of Hoth then. Y-Wings are also 2-person fighter bombers. Oh and don't forget the most obvious example in Chewbacca. Han's co-pilot.
>>
>>82584194
>Leaving most of the movie's story out of the movie
Is this a thing JJ does habitually? Big chunks of the Star Trek reboot's story seemed to be missing too.
>>
>>82591129

Yea, but in Star Trek they WERE in the same solar system. They established Delta Vega as being a neighboring planet to Vulcan.
>>
>>82582087
>You really think the movie would have been better served if Leia's introduction wasn't a heartfelt reunion with Han, but an autistic infodump about space politics?
yes you emotionally driven brainlet
>>
>>82592035
Yes. J.J. Abrams cut out an entire sequence where Nero and his crew spent 20 years enduring torture and forced labor in a Klingon prison. Remember when Uhura intercepted a transmission reporting that a Klingon fleet had just been destroyed by a mysterious ship? That was Nero stealing his ship back and breaking free. Without the prison sequence it feels like there's a big whole in the middle of the movie. As it is, we don't have any explanation for where Nero has been since the birth of Kirk and why he's suddenly scarred and missing a chunk from one of his ears. I think it would have helped explain his motivation a little more too.
>>
>>82588939
>instead we get another desert shithole with the distinguishing feature that a star destroyer crashed on it
fuck disney
>>
>>82588939
I would love it if one day we got a comic or something based on George's original ideas for the sequel trilogy, kind of like we got the one based on his rough draft for the OT. Disney would probably be too afraid to let something like that see the light of day.
>>
>>82573944

God TFA was fucking trash. It's the worst Star Wars movie ever made.
>>
>>82592265
>Kingons seize control of some huge ship with ultimate future weapons
>They just leave it sitting around for 20 years instead of using it to conquer the quadrant
>or alternatively stripping it down so they can use the technological insights gained to build ultimate future weapons for all their ships and conquer the quadrant.
>Instead they leave it parked somewhere so a handful of malnourished prisoners who have been worked half to death in the gulag can recapture it

Jesus Christ JJ
>>
holy fuck tfa was so bad it gets me angry
>>
>>82574135
reminder that this girl was seriously considered to play rey. it was between her and daisy and they stuck her in this part as consolation after daisy got the part.
>>
File: IMG_9698.jpg (115KB, 640x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9698.jpg
115KB, 640x603px
>>82592615
not comfirmed the character she was going to be cast as and rey are the same character.
>>
>5 planets
>all right next to each other

wtf is this shit?

Every worthless sci fi writer should be forced to visit this site before they write anything.

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html
>>
>>82578115
How about
>republic rules the galaxy
>republic military is called "the resistance" and consists of a bunch of edgy misfits
They didn't even attempt to make sense
>>
>>82593194
>rebels = always good
>regime = always bad

If you switched it around it wouldn't be "nostalgic" enough or something
>>
>>82580456
>literally explained as being done for narrative clarity. don't be this autistic.
This is like if you made a ww2 movie with people in DC looking east and seeing the action on Omaha beach. Except even more horribly distorted in distance and time.
>>
Do you think they will regret hiring JJ for the first movie in the long term?

Having the movie be all matter no substance, forcing other people to fill out "Stories for another time" cant be good in the long run.
>>
>>82580892
>1200km diameter
>1g surface gravity
What is the planet made of, depleted uranium?
>>
>>82581518
But this goes beyond just the typical ww1-dogfights-in-space shit. They butchered whatever sense of time and location we ever had as viewers by showing that nothing makes sense, things are wherever the plot demands them to be and fuck you goyim give me those sweet sweet shekels
>>
>>82581682
Explosions in space do not look like the ones in atmosphere and they would not sound like them either even if you took the pressure values and converted them into an audio signal. The lack of an atmosphere makes everything propagate much faster and get diluted much more quickly. Space explosions would be abrupt flashes of light leaving behind a spherical, expanding cloud of gas and debris, while the sound would be one abrupt pressure wave followed by some extremely weak effects from follow-up matter arriving at the observer.

You could hear shit exploding up against your own ship, but it would be whatever sound the ship makes when being hit by a big ass hammer.
>>
>>82583469
and kylo didn't want to kill Rey and was going through is own crisis of faith
>>
>>82582194
So this is how you faggots see the world. Jesus.
>>
>>82582466
I honestly much prefer the space politics to the "LOOK! ACTION! FLASHY THINGS! FIGHTING! NO TIME TO EXPLAIN, LOL, JUST GO WITH IT" adhd shit.
>>
>>82582833
>changing anything from reality means nothing actually matters and there is no need for things to make sense in any way
>>
>>82591459

>to make Rey more important to the plot than the Skywalkers.

Rey is Luke's daughter. Daisy Ridley admitted this months ago.
>>
>>82583080
>No one cares about how the main characters all saw the laser because it kind of needed to happen
>No one cares
This thread is evidence to the contrary. It made no sense. You can't just suddenly shift established things around and entirely rearrange how the universe works while still maintaining suspension of disebelief. If you could take JJ's cock out of your mouth for a second and look around, you'd realize this.
>>
File: FancyImpishDartfrog.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FancyImpishDartfrog.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>82591129
Stark Trek 2009 was 10x the movie TFA is.

I don't quite understand how JJ fucked this one up considering he nailed star trek. I even enjoyed Into Darkness, and my favorite series is DS9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAf5qSwsZrM&t=13s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLHO_E_U8o4

Even Giachinno's music is worse in Rogue One than Star Trek.
>>
>>82583536
>putting cockpit on the end of a long rotating arm
Congratulations, now whenever you want to roll the craft, the pilot gets slammed with 10 gs. Literally no one, anywhere, in any universe where Newton's laws are a decent approximation of physics (and they are, since 99% of things work the same as they do in our universe and humans live there) would EVER build a craft like this.
>>
File: p.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>>82593927

>I even enjoyed Into Darkness
>>
File: 1432671924842.jpg (15KB, 560x275px) Image search: [Google]
1432671924842.jpg
15KB, 560x275px
>the prequels were ba-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQxAuSlGVU
>>
>>82583993
And literally none of this was explained in the movie. They don't give you fucking manuals to read in cinemas
>>
>>82593982
Find a glaring flaw.
>>
>>82593927
Star Trek did Star Wars better than TFA
>>
>>82594018
>>
>>82594041
GOTG did Star Wars better than TFA.
>>
>>82594045
>frogposting instead of engaging me in debate
cuck
>>
Anyone got the 4chan webm that uses that?
>>
>>82594053
Honestly? I agree.
>>
File: into_lensflare.jpg (41KB, 656x330px) Image search: [Google]
into_lensflare.jpg
41KB, 656x330px
>>82594018
A GLARING flaw, you say?
>>
>>82594196
Upvoted
>>
File: cf0.jpg (26KB, 441x463px) Image search: [Google]
cf0.jpg
26KB, 441x463px
>>82593927

I hated both Trek 2009 and TFA

And I'm pretty sure I've hated everything else JJ has got his grubby fingers on. Super 8, Lost, Alias

All of his work has some sort of vacuous feel to it. Its in some sort of uncanny valley where it is imitating a serious artistic work but it feels unatural and gives me a huge sense of revulsion
>>
>>82592150
Exactly, it wasn't Vulcan's fucking moon.
>>
>>82593547
Its the tungsten planet in the high density system
>>
File: what_nearby_planets_look_like.jpg (98KB, 1729x1429px) Image search: [Google]
what_nearby_planets_look_like.jpg
98KB, 1729x1429px
>>82592150
>>82594534
>>
>>82593885
>Daisy Ridley admitted this months ago.

No she didn't.
>>
>>82594272
it's the pacing
>>
>>82594859
Star trek fans don't give a shit about actual science, they just like "geeking out" and autistically talking about bullshit they pretend to understand. They #FuckingLoveScience but don't actually know any math beyond basic algebra.
>>
File: vulcan_swallowed.jpg (71KB, 682x300px) Image search: [Google]
vulcan_swallowed.jpg
71KB, 682x300px
>>82594859
>>
>>82581506
There is a difference between having some suspense of disbelieve and just throwing common sense overboard and treating your audience as idiots.
>>
>>82594928
Star Trek fan here, I have a masters in Computing Science. Definitely know more than basic algebra. Star Trek is much more about ethical issues being hamfisted into obvious plotlines than just randomly blowing up shit.

Your post is shit and you should feel shit.
>>
>>82579391
Because The First Nazi Order is cleansing the galaxy by destroying everything so that they can start fresh.
>>
>>82595184
>Star Trek fan here, I have a masters in Computing Science.
Stick to your information processing, pleb. Spatial intelligence is required to appreciate space.
>Definitely know more than basic algebra
Very well.
>Star Trek is much more about ethical issues being hamfisted into obvious plotlines than just randomly blowing up shit.
Oh, I know. I wish it pretended to be fucking sci fi because it is not sci in the slightest.
>Your post is shit and you should feel shit
Getting distinctly reddit vibes here
>>
>>82577780
>blows up 5 planets
>thinks that will instantly end the republic which is made up of a whole bunch of systems

Who the fuck uses that type of logic? That's like saying if we destroy the UN building, that will put an end to the UN.
>>
>when your movie is so bad that the only way to understand its context is to read the ten prequel books explaining it
Why didn't they spend even but one scene explaining what the Republic was, what the FO was, why there was a Resistance, what happened to the Jedi order...
Abrams might unironically be the worst director there is right now in Hollywood.
>>
>>82573463
The lame explanation in the book is that the death beam is "hyperlight".
>>
the way you mongoloids complain about tfa is retarded
>>
>>82595880
Hi Kathleen
>>
Star Wars is so fucking retarded. Why not just seed the surface of a planet with a couple thousand nukes or whatever the Star Wars equivalent is. Even if it takes a million it's still just a tiny, tiny faction of the resources that goes into building a thing like the Death Star or Starkiller Base.

Also, what was the mechanism of Starkiller Base that sucked in entire suns? Why not just build that in a smaller scale and park it next to planets.

Fucking Star Wars. Literally "You Know What Would Be Kewl?!: The Franchise"
>>
>>82595935
why didn't frodo just fly the eagles to mordor?
>>
>>82596765
Gandalf should have used his glowing staff to drive away the ring wraiths.
>>
>>82578065
Stay mad and keep enjoying your shitfest of a movie.
>>
>>82596765
That answer is explained in a very reasonable way that makes sense in universe though.
>>
>yfw they took out all the political dialogue
>Instead the writers just blow up five planets we know nothing about

Cool!
>>
>>82574645
>I was dumbfounded when I saw that. Like I couldn't believe that shot with Luke not saying a single word was the ending

Traditionally, we always have a shot of people without any dialogue at the end of a Star Wars movie.
The TFA ending shot was bad though, I give you that.
>>
>>82595103

This. To see a planet on the sky with naked eye, it should be in the same fucking system as you are. That shot was more than just another way Star Wars breaks science, it was fucking with the viewer so that they get confused on where the action is happening.
>>
>>82597121
>Traditionally, we always have a shot of people without any dialogue at the end of a Star Wars movie.
>Chewie does a growl at the end of ANH
git gud
>>
>>82578099
China bans ghosts appearing in movies, and JJ would rather whore out the franchise for every penny than create poetry like George
>>
>>82591216
Ehhh...
Spock's arc in Beyond is focused on him wanting to leave Starfleet to help propagate his own dying people. It's the reason he breaks up with Uhura
>>
>>82594070
>>
Someone has the screencap of the greentext about how there were clouds in the deathstar and soldiers began making clans and shit when there were no supplies?
>>
>>82596765
Lando would have crashed the Nostromo into the eagles
>>
>>82594968
Seeing how Vulcan has no moon, how the fuck did they watch that?
>>
File: 1399190958919.webm (235KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1399190958919.webm
235KB, 480x480px
>>82575242
Kate Beckinsale's daughter
>>
File: swvii_06063.jpg (217KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
swvii_06063.jpg
217KB, 1920x800px
>>82575324
oops wrong pic
>>
>>82600583
a story for another time
>>
>>82596765
Because it would be quite visible to the Eye of Sauron. They had to keep Sauron's Eye distracted so Frodo could sneak into Mordor.
>>
>>82573118
I thought it was a metaphor for not being able to come up with anything else but a deathstar.
>>
>>82590990

Then who cares?
>>
>>82601053

Nobody, which is exactly why that scene sucked.
>>
>>82601053
>>82601077
who cares about Alderaan? It's never mentioned before the scene it's destroyed and Leia got over it really fast, Obi-wan looks constipated for 10 seconds and that's the only reaction to the mass murder of billions

>b-b-but there's a wookiepedia article about it written 30 years after the fact and we see it in a cartoon so the scene is meaningful now!
>>
>>82601130
You didnt watch ANH did you? TFA may be a rehash but it isn't a substitute.
>>
>>82590990
I thought it was Mon Mothma's homeworld. Pretty sure I read something that mentioned the new republic was established on her world.
>>
File: latest.jpg (220KB, 732x838px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
220KB, 732x838px
>>82582169
Since you don't want to post a picture I will do it.
>>
>>82595272
>That's like saying if we destroy the UN building, that will put an end to the UN.

That sounds exactly like the thinking of a machine to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGwz1s1E1aw
>>
>>82600729
Maybe at least fly them next to Mordor?
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.