[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: marvel.png (24KB, 1200x482px) Image search: [Google]
marvel.png
24KB, 1200x482px
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas

How do we save film?
>>
Right
>Simon Pegg
>William Friedkin
>Alejandro Jodorowsky
>George Lucas

Wrong
>Alec Guinness
>David Cronenberg
>Alejandro Iñárritu
>Alan Moore
>>
Nerd culture is just another manifestation of the ongoing glorification of brainless consumerism. We live in a world in which adult men clap when they see a 10 minute clip of a CGI baby tree dancing on screen. This kind of infantilization and detachment of praise from artistic merit works very well for plastic manufacturers, because that stupid goy creaming his pants when he sees a trailer with a Led Zeppelin song is the kind of retard who will spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in merchandising.

Nerd culture brings the concept of "pride" to the act of buying useless shit. The humor by references so preminent in Marvel movies and Big Bang Theory is the kind of shit that makes the manchild, who's now working but single or, in any case, childless and with lots of disposable income, proud of being part of the select group of manchildren who understand the reference. The only way to get into this group is spending money. Nerd culture is short term capitalism and cultural dominance by a few companies, mainly Disney, becomign self-destructive in the long run. By expanding the realm of "teenage" from it's original 10 to 20 years, to the current 7 to 35-40 years range, they get a massive consumer base composed only by emotionally stunned losers who will never produce anything of value. No one does when you're a teenager. Nerd culture is the cancer that's killing western culture, anyone supporting any of these movies is an enemy of the eurocentric culture that has brought the longest and best era of peace and prosperity to human kind in its history.
>>
>>82567768
>Alejandro Jodorowsky
The man is a fucking hack
>>
>>82567916
I SHIT ON THE UNITED STATES
>>
>>82567957
Have you seen Jodorowsky's Dune? Really interesting movie. Shows just how much of a lunatic the man is, too.

I also love how that dude casually starts a sentence in broken english, swiches to broken french, and finishes in spanish, every single time, though the order varies.
>>
>>82567916
Be that as it may, there was nothing wrong with that particular statement. He's expressing a personal opinion without trying to hold it up as an objective truth.
>>
>>82568027
>He's expressing a personal opinion without trying to hold it up as an objective truth.

Sure sure. I'm just saying, the fact that Jodorowsky is arguing for something doesn't mean that thing is true. Using his support as an argument for anything doesn't help, because as I said the man is a fucking hack.

But that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs :-)
>>
Are pop culture/nerd culture obsessed people the biggest cucks imaginable? They never venture out of their comfort zone or watch anything of pure, depth and literary value. Only gladly devouring whatever commercialized shit studios like Disney shit out every year.
>>
WAAAAA STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: PTA.jpg (35KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
PTA.jpg
35KB, 650x366px
>Ah, that's such a fucking crock of shit. I can't remember a year in recent memory where there were less complaints about the quality of movies. And what's wrong with superhero movies, you know? I don't know. You're talking to someone that enjoys watching those films. People need to get a life if they're having that discussion [laughs]. Those movies get a bad rap.
>>
>>82567542
I wish I could have punched Alec Guinness in his stupid old man face. What a piece of trash.
>>
>>82569860

It's more than that. I wouldn't have this attitude if this shit wasn't shoved in my face constantly by the media for thinking they are so smug and nerdy for referencing A Song of Ice and Fire or Harry Potter.
>>
>>82570043
But do you only think you're having this stuff shoved in your face because you browse 4chan too much? People here like to seek this kind of stuff out just so they have something to complain about.
>>
>>82570075

I come here to try and escape and maybe vent my frustrations a little but I understand these movies are incredibly marketable and more profitable than an art movie since the average movie goer wouldn't care for some 2deep4u foreign movie from a country they've never heard of and would have to read subtitles to enjoy.
>>
>>82567542
I hate nerd culture with a passion. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed comic book movies and other shit nerds like. Hell, Batman v Superman was one of my favorite movies from last year. But did I clap like a manchild when Wonder Woman showed up? No I didn't. Do I cry and act like a baby when Superman died? No. Did I react and yell when Batman and Superman fought? No, no, and no. I just enjoyed it. That's the thing I don't understand about nerds and pseudo-nerd culture. Just enjoy the fucking movie, move on with your day, and that's that. Sure, you can go back and revisit the movie for fun or enjoyment, but to act like fucking children about this shit is really pathetic.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. I have a sister who acts just like those people those celebrities are referencing.
>>
>>82570185
Yeah I get that. I'm just pointing out that people here like to overblow things hence all the various twitter screencap threads.
>>
so why it's ok for simon pegg to be a star wars fan but not for other people?
>>
>>82570205

The whole reaction video thing I don't understand. Just pure narcissism at its finest.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.