[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kimmel apologizes for saying all children deserve health care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 43

File: kimmel.jpg (36KB, 717x359px) Image search: [Google]
kimmel.jpg
36KB, 717x359px
WE DID IT, REDDIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SToeM55KMzU
>"I would like to apologize for saying that children in America should have health care," he stated. "It was insensitive. It was offensive, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.
>>
>>82565616
Kimmel is a fucking loser.
>>
>>82565682
He's laughing to the bank
>>
>>82565616
Using your children to push politics and gain tv ratings and youtube views. You should be ashamed Jimmy Kibbler. Modern late night tv is so shit. I miss Johnny Carson smoking a cigar telling nigger jokes. Fuck this generation of faggots
>>
Okay, people need to stop go "awwww..." when their see infants and pretend like babies aren't fucking disgusting. Kittens are cute, human babies look like skinned rats
>>
america is barbaric
>>
that display of fake tears was fucking pathetic.
>>
I'm so confused. How was it insensitive?

>sorry I offended you by saying all deserve to eat
>>
>>82565887
He's being supremely passive aggressive.
>>
>>82565786
go to bed grandpa
>>
>>82565788
Dont cut yourself on that edge buddy
>>
>/tv/ doesn't understand sarcasm
>>
>cry more for a lion than your own son almost dying

wtf is his problem?
>>
It's amazing how "give jews your hard earned money" solves every problem worldwide.
>>
>>82565616
Remember when comedians and late night hosts would walk out and fire off joke after joke after joke and you would laugh and have a good time. Now it's all politics and crying. Why? Because it's EASY. Writing jokes is actual work that requires talent.
>>
File: COLBERT.png (340KB, 472x355px) Image search: [Google]
COLBERT.png
340KB, 472x355px
>>82565989
FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE """PEOPLE"""!!!!!
>>
>>82565887
Sarcasm you idiot.
>>
>>82565887
The point is that he used his own son as an example of how everyone should have healthcare, even though he's rich enough for none of this to even affect him.

Of course, he's being sarcastic/passive-aggressive, but that's what people were calling on him to apologise for.
>>
All children deserve health care and you should pay for it because I'm rich and my child almost died.........AND NOW GIRLS JUMPING ON TRAMPOLINES!!!
>>
Democucks on healthcare in a nutshell
>DO YOU LE THINK LE ALL LE PEOPLES DESERVE LE HEATHCARE FOREVER FOR FREE ON GOLDEN PLATE AND A SMILE
>Thats not how insuring people works
>YOU WANT LE BABBIES DEAD LOOK AT HIM HE WANTS BABBBBBIES DEAD
>>
>showed a pic of his own child on the operating table full of tubes and bandages
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>inject personal sob story to make emotional appeal for your political agenda
>see right through it
>"OMG how dare you! His son almost died you know?"
>>
>>82565616
Isn't this what's called a strawman?
I don't think anyone was saying that children shouldn't have health care.
>>
>>82566069

>Rich folk shouldnt try to make poor folks lives better.

You're why we're stuck on Earth as slaves instead of out among the stars.
>>
>Americucks will get angry and defend a health care system made by billionaires to take as much money as possible out of their pockets while delivering the least possible care as "freedom"

The only thing more funny is when they demand further tax cuts for the billionaires.
>>
>>82566175
yeah but he's a comedian so you shouldn't take it seriously, he's just trying to entertain, lol you're so sensitive.
but what he said is also true and conservatards are such heartless retards
>>
>>82565616
>Says nothing wrong. Does nothing wrong. So many people in this thread butthurt.

why /tv/? why?
>>
>>82566176
>poor people would help us get to space
heh
>>
>>82566176
*tips fedora*
>>
>>82566176
Actually the main problem with American space funding is literally the exact same as the problem with American health care. Republican senators would rather funnel money to fat inefficient plutocrats than spend money responsibly. So Alabama controls the fate of NASA.
>>
>>82566319
He's speaking to the division of humanity and how we could function vastly better working as one cohesive unit.
>>
>>82566305
It's like that with Chris Pratt recently, only unlike Kimmel, he's never outright said anything negative about Trump so they assume he secretly supports him and therefore deserves support unlike Kimmel who has been mean to daddy Trump before.
>>
>>82565616
>/pol/tards gives more proof of how illiterate they are
>>
>>82565616
Americans believe that healthy and rich are blessed, thetefore universal health care is againts God's will.

It boils down to this. Make your own opinion about American conservativism.
>>
>>82566175

Except their are people demanding that exact thing,
>>
>>82566107
Calm down kiddo and look at all the countries who have implemented a single payer system. It's possible, it has its flaws and there are trade-offs.
>>
>>82566176
They're literally the only ones that are paying taxes in the states, you inbred libtard.
>>
>>82566371
You're retarded. NASA budget shrank massively during the Obama years, and the agency was mostly concerned with outreach to Muslim countries and similar endeavors rather than space-exploration.
>>
Holy shit...you nazis are souless.

This is really going to a whole other level of retardation.
>>
>>82566371
what was NASA budget as a % of GDP under Bush and Obama respectively?
>>
>>82566176
No, that's black people's fault actually.
See: black protests of NASA around the time whitey was on the moon

>>82566371
>Republican senators
And Democrat senators funnel the money to "dem programs". Making this a partisan issue is retarded.
>>
>>82566380
>again
>poor retards
>working at all
ok, kid
>>
absolutely btfo'd by newt
>>
>>82566069
>how everyone should have healthcare
I can't wait for the time were you get out of your mommy's house and get a taste of the real world.
>>
>>82566447
That's not accurate and calling someone names won't change facts to fit your fox and friends reality.

The income tax accounts for around 37% of total rev and the top 1% pay around 35% of that. Notwithstanding the fact that income effects create a feedback-loop where your get rent seeking behavior, your assessment is still wrong.

Stick to simple topics and name calling.
>>
>>82565788
lol you might be a psychopath just throwing that out there.
>>
>>82565616
Why are liberals so smarmy? Makes my skin crawl.
>>
>>82565616
can someone tl;dr this for me

are kids gonna die or not. i don't care about this "its expensive" stuff. kimmel made it sound like babies wont be saved anymore
>>
>>82566626
It's because they always take the logical route if you completely ignore the economic consequences
>>
>>82566447
This is the most ironic post in this whole site...
>>
>>82566319
just who do you think is gathering and refining the raw materials?
>>
>>82566176
>slavery should be legal so everyone can have health care
>>
>>82566626
100% agree. Not like use conservatives. Btw have you seen this awesome new molyneux video yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URr9Sqg1dl4
>>
>>82565788

Babies look like miniature fat bald old men
>>
>>82566680
So liberals hate money (other than their own)?
>>
>>82566648
It's a load of bullshit. The current plan they're working on is hardly different from obamacare, they just have to pretend It is so they can score political points on both sides while slowly pushing us towards nationalized healthcare.
>>
>retards in this thread actually believe Obamacare was a good idea/worked and didn't just fatten the pockets of the healthcare industry instead of saving the average Joe any money
There's a reason stock prices continually soared for the industry during the rollout, they are making bank and the savings are not being passed to the consumer. Too many fucking concessions made for the benefit of those fuckers (remember "if you like your doc, you can keep him"?).
>b-b-but muh poor uninsured people
That's what Medicaid was for.
>>
>>82566648
Getting rid of the safety provisions for pre-existing conditions will make it nearly impossible for most families to afford the healthcare needed. So in some cases, yes, babies will die.
>>
>>82565940
>>82566622
Literally the only people who aren't repulsed by babies are faggots and women, which one are you?
>>
>>82565616
WE DID IT MY FELLOW 'PEDES

PRAISE KEK!
>>
>>82566826
>he actually believes the propaganda
>we don't have safety net programs
>everyone should have as many kids as they want regardless of their income
>>
>>82566826
Babies won't die, there's a million charities for babies. There's not so many charities for poor white trash adults who can't afford health insurance. that's why they clog our emergency rooms where they can't be turned away and just rack up massive debt they never intend to pay off. It amounts to the same either way, those of us who have money will pay for those who don't, one way or another.
>>
>>82566941
>accuses someone else of propaganda
>does nothing but spout propaganda.

Ok buddy.
>>
>>82566519
>>82566565
>>82566573
Obama killed the monster that was Constellation, but he didn't have the balls to kill its zombie child SLS. That thing is going to literally eat the entire NASA budget if it's not cancelled. If Trump/Pence want to show they're truly different, they'll tell Alabama to fuck off and cancel that shit. But it appears they'll take the easy way and let NASA be burdened down with that monstrosity. Hopefully they at least take up the USAF suggestion to fund low cost reusability justified via military usage.
>>
>>82565788
Kek
>>
>>82566773
they don't understand the concept of zero-sum

if there's a problem then of course we should spend rich people's money to fix it!
>>
>>82566016
there it is
>>
>>82566958
a charity's existence does not guarantee funds reach the needy in time. And yes you're right, we need a better system bc one way or another we all pay.
>>
>>82566984
all these parents need to do is take their babies to the ER, where they have to be treated

Then file chapter 7. That's the loophole that the liberal elite want to close. Now a normal middle-class person will have zero recourse for debt. They did it with student loans and now they'll do it to health care
>>
>>82566176
You know, he could just donate a few million he has to charities or send a check to the government with the note "Use this for healthcare" and help lots of people way better than doing a sob story.
>>
>>82567034
>we need a better system bc one way or another we all pay

every man pays for himself and those he wishes to pay for...what's wrong with this again?
>>
>>82567069
The liberal elite?!? What? Also just filing bankruptcy is not a viable option for a lot of people and how does it not make more sense to reform the healthcare system into a proven viable system that covers everyone instead of taking the risky permanently damaging option of filing chapter 7?
>>
>>82566984
>common sense
>somehow propaganda
It's like you think we lived in a hellscape before Obamacare where babies were just dying off by the bucketload and no one was doing anything about it
>>
File: 1469941703410.jpg (50KB, 650x491px) Image search: [Google]
1469941703410.jpg
50KB, 650x491px
no children have health care
>>
File: Kimmel.jpg (53KB, 650x385px) Image search: [Google]
Kimmel.jpg
53KB, 650x385px
>"PAY FOR MY SON'S HEALTHCARE /TV/"

What do you do?
>>
>>82567139
When applied nationally, the system falls apart and we end up with the same broken system we've always had.
>>
>>82567182
He didn't say WHEN I have to pay
>>
>>82565616
>implying the american healthcare system was even good in the first place
it was a fucking shitshow, if you want decent healthcare you need to tear it all down and start again instead of this toe in the water pandering to everyone bullshit.
>>
>>82567084
>send a check to the government with the note "Use this for healthcare" and help lots of people way better than doing a sob story.

The worst thing about this is that it probably made sense in your head somehow
>>
>>82567154
None of that was common sense. And no we did not live in a hellscape, we just lived in a country with the worst healthcare system out of any of the major 1st world nations.
>>
>>82567201
>When applied nationally, the system falls apart

it worked fine for 200 years until we started socializing healthcare for the poor and elderly
>>
>>82566176
This is what communists actually believe, amazing.
>>
>>82567249
>put your money where your mouth is
Makes fucking sense to me. If he had actually donated money to any sort of cause related to this, you know he'd have mentioned it.
>>
Just let poor and/or old people die
>>
>>82567280
But it didn't work fine. It worked well enough. That does not mean we shouldn't change it in order to improve healthcare as best we can.
>>
>>82567280
>it worked fine
You do know that the USA has for a loooooooooong time been considered to have one of the worst healthcare systems of any first world country right?
>>
>>82567034
Of course not, but statistically it's not really much of a problem in this country, the larger problem is the logistics of getting the child to treatment quick enough. There's still enough vacine=autism-tier retards in this country who reject the help freely offered to them when their children are small and they end up terminal for an illness that could have been treated. That was the most infuriating thing about my very short stint at Children's Mercy, especially from black mothers.
>>
>>82567250
>implying it's gotten any fucking better when it's gotten worse
>not knowing the actual reasons healthcare is shit in 'Murica
>>
>>82567324
He asked for a comprehensive health care system that would cost him personally more money. I think that fits. Also, why bring up donating to charity. That's not the point. Charities can only help so much. It would have been counterproductive.
>>
File: cost.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
cost.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>82567332
aye

but at what cost?
>>
>>82567384
Why not just let people write to him and pay for the family that has the biggest sob story?
>>
>>82567363
I never said it has gotten better, although more people are covered. I said we should improve our current system. That's inarguable. and Trumpcare is not the way to do that. It's Obamacare but worse.
>>
>>82567332
then what changed?

>>82567345
lies
>>
>>82566176
>it's a wealthy person's obligation to help the poor

Since when?
>>
>"We need healthcare for everyone!"
>Hires accountant to minimize his taxes as much as possible
>>
>>82567423
>It's Obamacare but worse

how exactly?

From my perspective as a healthy young person, being able to buy disaster insurance rather than paying $4k a year for some shit that I'll never use anyways seems like a much better deal

The only people that lose are the baby boomers that blew through all their money
>>
>>82567360
Not much of a problem? It is a major problem to those affected and when we could actually fix the problem, why not fix the problem? And what does the vaccination denial retards have to do with anything? Help those who can be helped. We'll deal with the retards after.
>>
>>82567345
you do realize the US has the highest cancer survival rates of any country right
the premium comes at a cost
>>
>>82567494
>when we could actually fix the problem, why not fix the problem?

The "fix" will cost $32 trillion over the next 10 years. Are you willing to have your taxes quadrupled?
>>
>>82567423
Trumpcare literally makes this shit mildly affordable to young bachelors like me. It's still shit don't get me wrong but fuck the alternative.
Obamacare is a straight up fucking bachelor tax that is bleeding me dry to pay for fat youtubers.
>>
>>82567492
All of the noninsured will receive emergency healthcare, be unable to pay for it, and you will be paying for this in the end. One way or another. That is just one way it will be worse. Obamacare is a shit show, but this improves nothing in the long run.
>>
>>82567423
>implying that just because I think Obamacare was a mistake means I support Trumpcare
That's where you're wrong.
>>
>>82567564
>All of the noninsured will receive emergency healthcare

This is the problem.
>>
>>82567535
I don't know where you're getting your figures but most estimates find that the "fix" will cost less than what we spend on Healthcare right now.
>>
>>82567384
>would cost him more personally
kek see:

>>82567484
>>
>>82567502
You do realize there's more aspects to health care than cancer survival rates right? Sure if you're rich as shit america has a fantastic health care system. Anybody else? It kinda sucks

>>82567440
>lies
Well you convinced me anon.
>>
>>82567612

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/09/477402982/study-sanders-proposals-would-add-18-trillion-to-debt-over-10-years
>>
>>82567626
you're unfounded claim that the U.S. had one of the worst healthcare systems in the world was also convincing
>>
>>82565788
Hahaha made me chuckle my good man.
>>
>>82566380
>one cohesive unit

Fuck off commie
>>
>>82566107
Socialized healthcare is cheaper for everybody. Americans are cucked enough to pay more for themselves as long as nobody else gets a 'free ride' though.
>>
>>82566420
Boy I sure like standing 6 hours in a line to get a flue shot as a kid growing up in a country with universal healthcare. And then """"voluntarily"""" giving a """"donation""" to hospital, because government operated always = underfunded.

Thank god now I live in the US and it takes only $1 to get a flue shot in 5 mins at Walgreens. Never again, fuck off with "oh look at other countries dude lmao".
>>
>>82567345
>be canadian
>cant be seen in the emergency room
>fucking die on one of the hallway beds because shitskins and chinks have flooded the emergency room

>>82567477
Noblesse oblige, which was more or less seen as "Treat your slaves with honor and dignity so they don't rebel." Commies treat that as "waaah rich people need to give me their money."
>>
>>82567626
How does it suck if you don't fucking die and don't get bogged by massive queues?
I rather die from debt than the crushing weight of bureaucracy.
>>
>>82566176
when are you donating your earnings to the poorfag near you?
>>
>>82567628
Sanders plan isn't the "fix". Sanders has always had shit plans from his free college plans to everything else.
>>
File: 1489676539143.png (315KB, 650x491px) Image search: [Google]
1489676539143.png
315KB, 650x491px
>>82567502
you do realize that you want children to die
>>
>>82567494
Children's healthcare is essentially a bottomless pit of money, be it charity or government programs. It's arguably the easiest cause to find money for because nobody can oppose it without being a monster. The issue is and always has been adults and the elderly, who are more costly to treat. It's disingenuous to frame this as an issue of children when it's really not. I'm not suggesting that some reform should ignore children, but it's not why we're in this mess.
>>
File: 1460577114392.jpg (70KB, 587x545px) Image search: [Google]
1460577114392.jpg
70KB, 587x545px
>>82567345
OBJECTIVELY WRONG
>>
>>82567692
>>be canadian
>>cant be seen in the emergency room
>>fucking die on one of the hallway beds because shitskins and chinks have flooded the emergency room
This shit is literally just an internet meme.
>>
>>82567723
st.judes has saved more children's lives than any gibs could
>>
>>82567716
well then point me at "the fix" you're referring to instead of being coy about it
>>
>>82565616

fuck him and his faggot son. I hope they both die. not even trying to be being edgy
>>
File: QLIclwmK8WU.jpg (204KB, 661x877px) Image search: [Google]
QLIclwmK8WU.jpg
204KB, 661x877px
>>82567747
>This shit is literally just an internet meme
>>
>implying the issue with American healthcare isn't a demographics problem
kek
>>
>right-wing retards are mad because some guy on tv said some common sense stuff
it's this episode again. I hate reruns
>>
>>82566868
You're only repulsed by babies because subconsciously you know you will never come close to making one.
>>
>>82567816
literally this
90% of america's issues can be traced to demographics issues. The remaining 10% is federal government over-reach and interstate commerce laws.
>>
>>82567816
I'd much rather that we give people free vegetables than free healthcare

it would be 1000x cheaper
>>
File: 1485008576291.jpg (37KB, 650x491px) Image search: [Google]
1485008576291.jpg
37KB, 650x491px
>>82567750
stop eating children
>>
>>82567907
soros eyes
>>
>>82565616
Yeah man rev up those free Healthcare machines and let the parents think about Facebook and sheeit. I don't know why anybody complained about that.
>>
>>82567813
Wow it happened 1 time. A much better system is where if you're not flithy rich and you get sick you're basically in debt your entire life. When you fucks bring up this criticism you're acting like it's a widespread issue
>>
>>82565887
He's taking an obvious statement and glossing over that it encourages less responsibility on the parents and more on families that are trying to provide for their own families, through taxes. The obvious solution is to put the burden on the parents but that's evil or something.
>>
>>82565788
Babies are only good for raping
>>
>>82567983
>you're basically in debt your entire life

>what is bankruptcy

Medical debt is completely dischargeable, which is the main reason the libs want to close this loophole

All of those stories about people going $100k in debt their whole lives were completely made up
>>
File: 1480358185605.jpg (15KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1480358185605.jpg
15KB, 255x204px
>>82565887
>all deserve to eat

I disagree :)
>>
>>82567983
I have to deal with the NHS constantly, buddy, and it's fucking awful. You americans are brainwashed little toads with europhilia.
>>
>>82567813
Jesus Christ, what a shithole. I'd rather be in debt and alive.
>>
>>82568060
>You americans are brainwashed little toads with europhilia.

Not all of us. Surprisingly it's the people that have actually spent time in Europe outside of the hilton hotel chain that understand what a fucking mess europe is in
>>
>>82565788
Anger you will never find another person to have one with
>>
File: 1469936659413.png (56KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1469936659413.png
56KB, 300x263px
>conservatives being pro-life only when the child isn't born
Lmao.
>>
>>82568062
>I'd rather be in debt and alive
>gets shot
>>
>>82568126
I'm not pro-life. Abortion is the best eugenics program ever run.
It lets me support killing undesirables while pretending to be a feminist.
>>
>>82567983
>Wow it happened 1 time.
>20-30% of patients in queues will not receive treatment, as they will die before receiving it
http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/79622/publication.html
>>
>privileged millionaire media personality who doesn't create one single piece of wealth in the economy professes to working folk how to things should by

why is it always like this?
>>
>>82568199
Don't forget.
>wants the middle class burdened with even more tax to support his vanity projects
Man, I'm real tired of this plot line.
>>
>>82567919
>I don't know why anybody complained about that.
Because you've been told by conservative media that instead of having everybody get health insurance so healthy people help compensate the cost of unhealthy people to the insurance companies it's just better that you hope and pray that you don't get sick because if you do you're life is basically over because you're financially fucked forever. Meanwhile your god king emperor tells the president of fucking Australia that they have a better healthcare system because he doesn't fucking know what their healthcare system is.
>>
File: 1481326640944.jpg (108KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481326640944.jpg
108KB, 640x640px
>>82568168

I don't get the point of abortion outside rape victims and medical emergencies.

Isn't there a cheap contraceptive called the condom? Does this mean that only idiots have abortions?
>>
>>82565682
>literally can't stop winning
>somehow he's a loser
>>
>>82565788
Well epin'd m'goodsir! Religion is on the way out making way for us enlightened folk.

edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger
>>
>>82567678
>flue
>>
>>82565788
>Kittens are cute
fuck of cat fag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_beJnlTeTk
>this is your brain on toxoplasmosis
>>
File: SamHyde.jpg (100KB, 799x546px) Image search: [Google]
SamHyde.jpg
100KB, 799x546px
I CAN'T AFFORD HEALTH INSURANCE
>>
>>82568126
>Actively taking a life is the same as not helping a total stranger
>>
>>82568264
>Does this mean that only idiots have abortions?
Exactly, so the people you don't want breeding.
The perfect eugenics program. I'd pay of pocket for certain people's abortions.
>>
>>82568310
ESL, sorry.
>>
>>82567765
>>82567716

Well I'm just going to come to the conclusion that "the fix" (like most liberal pet ideas) you were preaching about is more fantasy than fact
>>
File: 1494269799194.gif (2MB, 223x119px) Image search: [Google]
1494269799194.gif
2MB, 223x119px
>cuban children have universal care
>australian children have universal care

Amerikuks have guns
>>
I abhor the idea of 'free' healthy food less than I abhor the idea of 'free' healthcare
>>
File: s07_RTR39MRN.jpg (506KB, 1247x846px) Image search: [Google]
s07_RTR39MRN.jpg
506KB, 1247x846px
>>82568390
>cuba

here comes another anti-american shitposter that wants to turn our great country into the third-world
>>
>>82568399
then stop mooching off your parents and get a job jr.
>>
File: HCQ13-765x1024.jpg (191KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
HCQ13-765x1024.jpg
191KB, 765x1024px
>>82568390
>cuban children have universal care
http://www.therealcuba.com/?page_id=77
>>
>>82568390

On paper
>>
>>82566704

Machine labor directed by trained professionals?
>>
>>82568439
nothing wrong with that image. everyone in it looks EQUAL.
>>
File: cuban hospital.jpg (45KB, 450x459px) Image search: [Google]
cuban hospital.jpg
45KB, 450x459px
>>82568390
>cuban
son of a cuban exile here
I'd rather have a gun to shoot myself and put me out of my misery than be treated here.
>>
What about single-payer?
>>
File: 1493834684619.jpg (60KB, 448x441px) Image search: [Google]
1493834684619.jpg
60KB, 448x441px
>>82568439
>>maintains universal care despite suffering under illegal and immoral us blockages & cia destruction of tgeir economy for decades, so ill laugh at their slum

freedumb!
>>
>>82568354
If conservacucks were clever they'd make abortion legal to cull effects of the explosion of free votes that the unlimited mass immigration liberals are supposedly using in a cynical attempt to gain permanent political control over every western country in the world in spite of the fact that we already have a system (in the u.s.) that favors conservatives regardless of how many voters you get in hard blue states voting for liberal candidates.
>>
>>82568261
I'm fine with that. Life is rough, people die.
>>
>>82568504
how about I pay for mine and you pay for yours?
>>
>>82565616
>implying rich famous (((Kimmel))) uses Obamacare for himself or his family
What a filthy rat.
>>
>>82568515
>illegal blockade

kill yourself
>>
File: follow your leader.jpg (42KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
follow your leader.jpg
42KB, 500x499px
>>82568515
>gommunism in cuba didn't work cause big meanie US wouldn't trade with it
>>
File: tyMFEet9ve4.jpg (24KB, 534x403px) Image search: [Google]
tyMFEet9ve4.jpg
24KB, 534x403px
>>82568515
> under illegal and immoral us blockages
>stole $4.000.000.000 of US property during socialist revolution
>we dindu nuffin, stop oppressing us!
>>
>>82568501
good thing you exiles did all you could to create that suffering because
>muh casinos!
>>
>>82568515
>illegal and immoral us blockages

"blockage"? What are you talking about? The US just doesn't trade with them.
>>
>>82568529
>I'm fine with that. Life is rough, people die.

Compelling argument
>>
>82568585
>exiles created the suffering
shit bait
no (You) for you
>>
>>82568585
cuba was equal and strong except for how weak it was. if it wasn't for how weak it was it would have only been equal and strong.
>>
>>82568515
>cuban economy destroyed because they couldn'tprop themselves up on their free market capitalist neighbor
>>
>>82568515
Communism was supposed to be self-sufficient though. Why would they depend on ebil weeny america?
>>
>>82568595
Are you willing to spend a million dollars to extend the life of a 95 year-old to 96 years? $10 million? Who decides?
>>
>>82568529
I can respect that. But you should lead these types of conversations with that fact because that's the critical difference that you won't agree on with somebody that's for universal health care. Any conversation you have on universal health care prior to that idea coming out isn't going to matter and is basically just an exercise in intellectual masturbation .
>>
>>82568530
>inb4 someone whines about how expensive it is
>>
it is nice that he admitted to being a stupid fuck for even trying that bullshit tactic, but he's still a libshit faggot so meh
>>
>>82566034
*indistinct chanting*
>>
>>82568595
It's called reality, baby. Nobody owes you anything and it's too bad you're too much a failure to take care of your own. Plenty of arguments have been made against subsidized healthcare on that level. Besides nobody owes you, a nobody, an argument.
>>
>>82568531
>He didn't even watch the clip

Kimmel's whole point was that he was fine due to being able to afford healthcare, but there are thousands of children born every year who need the same treatment to families who would not be able to afford the procedure if their child was denied healthcare due to a preexisting condition, which thanks to the ACA is no longer an issue.
>>
>>82565616
>that first part of his monologue

Thought I missed something for a second and got scared. Obamacare just left and I didn't want to see it come back.
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (47KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
47KB, 960x960px
>>82567678
>getting flu shots
>needing to regularly go to the doctor between the ages of 18-35 without a medical condition
>not taking care of yourself through proper diet and exercise
>being a genelet
I bet you take antibiotics every time you get the sniffles to
I want universal healthcare because I already am paying for some obese 70 year old with medicare to get a knee of hip replacement, most young people don't cost much to take care of
>>
>>82568554
>gommunism in cuba didn't work
>Cuban poverty rate: 5%
>US poverty rate: 13.5%
>Despite US embargo of Cuba and the USA having the power and influence to command world trade

I actually feel genuine sadness for how brainwashed you people are. You'll keep praising the boot no matter how hard it comes down on your face.

If you want the measure of a man, watch how he treats his servants, if you want the measure of a nation, watch how they treat their poor.
>>
>>82568672
Plenty of arguments have been made, and one opinion is as good as another as long as it's based in reality and not devaluing money or taking it from families that bust their ass to take care of themselves and their family. Muh free healthcare isn't an actual argument, it's a desire.
>>
>>82568672
Do you think we should pay for each other's healthcare? Do you believe there is a limit? Or should we spend our whole GDP keeping boomers alive for an extra couple of miserable years?

Because if you don't think that extending life should be the only goal then we are just discussing economics. How much wealth are you willing to extract from the economy to pay for health care?
>>
>>82568695
Yeah, those dumb babies born with pre-existing conditions. They should just pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

Hell, who needs police or firefighters or roads? We should just go back to feudalism where we're all servants to a warlord or a lord of the estate.
>>
>>82568716
>denied healthcare due to a preexisting condition

NO YOU STUPID LIBFUCKS

HEALTHCARE /= HEALTH INSURANCE

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME
>>
So what's your current healthcare situation, /tv/?
>>
File: bryon redboon cue the salsa.jpg (43KB, 446x456px) Image search: [Google]
bryon redboon cue the salsa.jpg
43KB, 446x456px
>''''''''''''''''1st'''''''''' world country
>don't even have free healthcare

Really makes me think.
>>
I'm so glad I don't live in America. You guys have a great culture, but the actual politics of your country are complete garbage. Even the average second world country has better living conditions.
>>
File: 1ofhkPt8Co8.jpg (34KB, 1006x618px) Image search: [Google]
1ofhkPt8Co8.jpg
34KB, 1006x618px
>>82568777
>gommunism in cuba didn't work
It didn't, lol
>>
>>82568767
>I bet you take antibiotics every time you get the sniffles to

>go to local feed store
>buy 5g of broad spectrum antibiotics
>dilute it myself and store in freezer

>500 doses for $10

>go to urgent care
>$100 to see a doctor
>$10 for a 10-day prescription
>if I get sick again I have to repeat the whole thing
>>
>>82568777
>Cuban poverty rate: 5%
>t. Cuban government

coming from
>sheltered first world yuppie who has never been to Cuba
kys my dude
>>
>>82568716
It was literally never an issue. Children's hospitals and research hospitals exist.
It's a disingenuous argument. People aren't refused treatments in normal hospitals and Children's Hospitals are incredibly generous about these procedures.
>>
>>82568835
It's just the braindead conservatives bringing this country down.
>>
>>82566420
>>82567678
there's this thing called multi-payer healthcare and it's the best of both worlds
>>
>>82568809
currently paying $4k a year for shit I never use because I eat veggies and workout (seems to be beyond the reach of most people)
>>
>>82568797
Yeah let's extend firefighters and roads that benefit everyone to babies. That's totally rational.
>>
>>82568835
you're just getting fed that shit by the media that is trying to destroy our great nation and to make you feel better about your own situation
>>
>>82568877
you're welcome to move to venezuela
>>
>>82567477
>it's the factories responsibility to ensure safe working practices
Since when? No one has ever been injured at work, never

>it's the chef's obligation to ensure food isn't grade F meat
Since when? No one has ever tried to save money by using lower quality ingredients or poor sanitation.

>it's the oil company that should ensure good standards of practice so giant oil spills occur.
Since when? There's never been an oil company who'd risk the lives of individuals just because production is behind schedule for safety reasons. Never!
>>
>>82566371
mfw you're so uneducated that you don't know Alabama plays an integral role in NASA's history
>>
>>82565616
GIVE ME YOUR MONEY SO I CAN RAISE MY FAIMILY!
>>
File: 1473619102995.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1473619102995.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
>>82568861
>I am hardened man who knows how the world REALLY is

oh wow
>>
>>82568737
>those wild cheers at blatant denial
>>
>>82568951
>it's shitty analogy as an argument
Go reed a book on basic logic, retard. Logical fallacies are not arguments.
>>
>>82568858
I don't understand what you're trying to say, did you think I was implying you should take antibiotics every time you get a cold?
You shouldn't
>>
>>82568995
>t. first world sheltered yuppie

wow indeed
>>
>>82568809
I'm insured under Medicaid. The care isn't the best, but it's something
>>
>>82566447
Not true. I lose almost a quarter of my paycheck to taxes every week. Not to mention, everyone pays sales tax.
>>
>>82568936
I don't really understand what you're saying but I'm guessing what you're saying is that policies and infrastructure funded by taxes are not the same thing as providing healthcare for babies?
>>
File: 98765d5d5e16989a8600e5d1bc402f93.jpg (125KB, 802x1200px) Image search: [Google]
98765d5d5e16989a8600e5d1bc402f93.jpg
125KB, 802x1200px
>>82566371

https://www.gonomad.com/3555-huntsville-alabama-the-rocket-city

god you fucking know-it-all liberals are insufferable
>>
File: dick.jpg (724KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
724KB, 1920x1080px
>>82568777

In Cuba, everyone is equally poor! Yay equality!
>>
>>82569039
>durrr i dint understand

No surprises there.

I'd rather a system that gives me a chance than one burnt to the ground subsidizing gibs.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>82568835
politics are meant to be overwhelmingly polarizing in this country to prevent discourse, issues that are "debated" are usually just a bullshit distraction while bad legislation gets passed or stays in place
>>
>>82569004
i'm just pointing out that people can take care of themselves if they had half a brain. I get the antibiotics AND don't go to see the doctor
>>
>>82568797
You know it's a lost cause when people cry about working harder in a land of plenty.
>>
>>82568835

America is one of the best countries for Middle and Upper classes to live in, while other countries punish success.
>>
>>82565616
Kimmel is full of shit.
They treat children without even asking for any kind of insurance and the hospital he went to recieves millions in donations.
Source: Ben Shapiro podcast when he talked about his own sick child. He even made it clear that he doesn't want to talk about it because he doesnt want to use bane of his children for political stuff.
>>
Reminder that Castro was found with 200 million dollars in personal wealth after his death while the average cuban lives on $25 a month
>>
>>82569099
The only reason I didn't understand is because your post is fucking incomprehensible, you illiterate retard.
>>
>>82565788
This is not wrong. Toddlers can be cute, they start to look human. Most babies just look deformed and have a serious case of the same face.
>>
>>82569163
Amazing how Republicans managed to brainwash these proles to believe working harder to make their leaders richer is a good thing.
>>
>>82567813
Why didn't they just transport her to a hospital with beds available?
>>
>>82569233
Yeah that must be it. It couldn't be you're an illiterate retard.
>>
>>82568516
>implying black people are the demographic threat
It's spics and spics don't get abortions.
>>
>>82569270
You still have the ability to prosper, faggot. Stop being a weeping pussy and focus on what you can do for yourself.
>>
>>82567830
I know man. Me and you should go back to Redit. These nazis are literally triggering me right now.
>>
>>82568126
>killing is the same as letting people die
you have the mind of a child
>>
>>82569311
>Yeah let's extend firefighters and roads that benefit everyone to babies. That's totally rational.

What does this even mean?
>>
>>82568126
>>82568168
This. Abortion is great because mostly nigger women get them.
>>
>>82567830
>common sense
>let's fix all of these common sense problems using nonsensical economic strategies
>>
I'm a conservative and I believe that there should be charitable abortion clinics.
>>
File: 1452290647382.jpg (266KB, 905x881px) Image search: [Google]
1452290647382.jpg
266KB, 905x881px
>>82569424
>permitting murder is a good thing
you are worse than a nigger
>>
>>82569336
It's not a fair and open game. Established players with long history and big wealth have established anti-competitive laws and have a big army of lawyers to crush any consumer complaints and lawsuits.
>>
File: 1480726872867.png (205KB, 278x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480726872867.png
205KB, 278x288px
>>82569527
>worse than a nigger

You mean.. A DOUBLE NIGGER???
>>
>>82569527
Murder applies to humans. Niggers aren't humans. It's more like animal cruelty I guess if you want to call it something.
>>
>>82568040
>going bankrupt is easy
Kek

It isn't some magic button. Imagine being 40 and having all life savings destroyed. You may not keep your home (only some states allow you to), they'll take almost everything you own to pay for it. So what are you supposed to do for retirement again? Oh never? oh...okay. My life goal was being a 70year old walmart greeter.
>>
>>82569319
Luckily for you spics are highly religious people and that lands them pretty strongly on the political right when their priest tells them to vote the next republican.

That said I was more talking about the rhetoric that conservatards on here spew regarding the entire western world and not just america. You don't hear /pol/ going on and on about how Europe keeps importing spics do you?
>>
>>82565616
Holy shit that butthurt is delicious
>>
>>82569817
>Imagine being 40 and having all life savings destroyed. You may not keep your home (only some states allow you to), they'll take almost everything you own to pay for it.

Oh, so you do have the money to pay for your own medical expenses?
>>
>americans are actually so cucked that they're defending their god fucking awful healthcare system

it seems like you guys really love deepthroating mr shekelsberg's cock and calling it freedom and patriotism
>>
>>82568957
>>82569084
Are you idiots fucking retarded? Of course I know there's major rocketry in Alabama. That's my whole fucking point! Alabama politicans forcing NASA to use their antiquated overpriced useless shit gives us SLS, because Marshall must control everything.

18 billion spent and counting, and the first test launch delayed AGAIN.
>>
so what is this cunt crying about on tv now?
>>
>>82569866
Considering the massive inflation of costs in medical practices? I highly doubt it. Most people are dramatically underfunded for retirement.

Depending on your plan your deductible, alone, could be 5-10k. Then, usually, around 10~40% of the cost depending on co-pay. Since OOP varies dramatically as well...this can get out of hand quite quick.
A 3 day hospital stay averages at 30k. Coupled with that most peoples retirement savings are not in accessible money (or heavily penalized for early use, like an IRA)...yeah no.
>>
>>82569978
Nah, I just like being able to get timely healthcare instead of waiting in a queue for eons.
>>
>>82570048
>what are HSAs
>what are OOP caps

Yeah, some people don't plan ahead and they lose the game. Ironically it's usually these same people that don't take care of their health when they're young and become the burdens of the health care system. I honestly don't give a shit about them. When 80% of your "co-patriots" are obese and diabetic and can't run a mile to save their lives, then yes, I think I'm perfectly fucking justified in looking out for myself and my kin.
>>
>>82565940
he's right tho. unless it's your kid, babies are fucking annoying and disgusting
>>
>>82566069
>even though he's rich enough for none of this to even affect him.

I know, right? How dare wealthy people show compassion and sympathy towards those who are less fortunate! You're supposed to shit on the poor, like the GOP does with its healthcare act where they made themselves excempt from their own bill so that they could still keep the old Obamacare benefits, like the pre-existing condition clauses.
>>
>>82570004
>Are you idiots fucking retarded?
wow u sound very triggered #MAGA
>>
>>82570184
nice meme

it's rather sad desu, you're being fucked by insurance companies and are spending much more money than you would under a universal healthcare system but you say to yourself that it's okay because you don't have to wait in lines for too long
>>
>>82570330
>I honestly don't give a shit about them. When 80% of your "co-patriots" are obese and diabetic and can't run a mile to save their lives, then yes, I think I'm perfectly fucking justified in looking out for myself and my kin.
That's fine. Just lead with that when people ask why you don't like the idea of universal health care.
>>
>>82570330
>people without large access to healthcare have poorer health
Yes, this is a well established fact.
Studies of medicaid have shown that, overall, the system generates more wealth overtime than it costs. Because children, especially, who are given access to preventive care and treatment turn out vastly better than those that do not.
You should look to invest in your country instead of purely looking at yourself.

Im sure if your neighbors house had a tree fall onto it, you'd go there and help...rather than just exclaim "wow, shouldn't have build by that tree bud".
>>
>>82570617
>You should look to invest in your country instead of purely looking at yourself.

I'm 100x more behind government subsidies on fresh vegetables than I am for subsidized health care. I think that alleviating the symptoms of the disease (free health care) as opposed to treating the cause of the disease (poor nutrition and apathy) only exacerbates the problem
>>
>>82568777
Easy to make that poverty go down when you go around shooting anyone that wants another slice of bread
>>
>>82570617
I'd go help my neighbor (even financially) but I'm not OK with being compelled by threat of law to pay for his new roof. That's because it would depend who the neighbor was...if it was some deadbeat methheads then fuck them.
>>
File: 1493778670371.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1493778670371.gif
458KB, 256x256px
>>82568777
>actually thinking quality of life in cuba is good
Its so great, in fact that they swim over to florida on boats made of garbage.
>>
>>82569204
B-but muy communism anon
>>
>>82570735
I'd agree with this somewhat. We should be subsidizing WAY more than just corn (so we can make corn syrup for your cheap pepsi). Corn subsidies are literally free money for large corporations.

Regardless, the biggest issues we have is that we focus on symptomatic care vs preventative care. Personally if you gave access to, lets say, simple screenings/tests/shots to everyone...you'd dramatically lower most of the major preventable conditions we have. It won't stop EVERYONE, but it will give a shock to enough people.

If you give this for "free" it may increase wait times, but its non-urgent care, so it shouldn't matter if it's right away or in a month. Preventive care almost always leads to better outcomes overall.

>>82570854
You should probably be more worried why you live next to methheads then.
>>
File: 1453488012623.png (208KB, 513x358px) Image search: [Google]
1453488012623.png
208KB, 513x358px
>>82570481
>like the GOP does with its healthcare act where they made themselves excempt from their own bill so that they could still keep the old Obamacare benefits
That exemption got repealed in a separate bill by the GOP you moron

https://mcsally.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/house-unanimously-passes-mcsally-bill-striking-ahca-exemptions-members
>>
>>82570972
>literally vote for this earlier in the day
>then immediately repeal it

Is this some jargon or am I missing a step here? Why put it in and then remove it?
>>
>>82565616
>hehe if I misrepresent your objections then passive-aggressively dismiss them I'll win

good man
>>
>>82570962
>You should probably be more worried why you live next to methheads then.

>implying I didn't saw down the tree myself
>>
File: 1442619466992.gif (2MB, 271x303px) Image search: [Google]
1442619466992.gif
2MB, 271x303px
>>82571036
I dunno, congress is fucking bizarre.
But they won't be exempt from the ACHA like they were with the ACA, which I believe is a much welcomed change (along with no longer having the individual mandate shit in place).
>>
>>82570004
lol stay mad dipshit, we elected Trump and we're gonna put man on Mars #MAGA

Every criticism you have of Alabama is due to niggers btw
>>
>>82566565
What was the condition of the economy when Bush took office versus when Obama took office?
>>
>>82567324
That's not how taxation works you retard
>>
>>82571269
on the precipice of a dotcom bust and in the midst of a flourishing housing bubble?
>>
>>82571376
Inheriting a budget surplus and leaving his successor with massive deficits and a financial disaster that would require even more spending to address?
>>
>>82565616
This thread really exposes how dumb /tv/ has gotten lately.
>>
>>82571041
where do you think you are
>>
>>82571161
>we're gonna put man on Mars #MAGA
There is no realistic NASA plan to use SLS to get to Mars. It's too expensive to even afford Moon based missions without a massive budget increase.
>>
>>82565616
I avoided this for a while, what did he say actually.

Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
Socialized Medicine wouldn't work in the US because we are too diverse. Name one country with socialized Medicine that also isn't a white majority
>>
File: IMG_8277.jpg (143KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8277.jpg
143KB, 640x616px
>>82571764
Sweden
>>
>>82570972
Oh, well that's good. Maybe if they hadn't rushed the original bill this could have been addressed better and talked about more.
>>
>>82571841
They still are memes aside a white majority. That is until like 2050
>>
>>82565786
cringe
>>
File: 1489011717605.jpg (13KB, 484x403px) Image search: [Google]
1489011717605.jpg
13KB, 484x403px
>>82566176
>rich people should have their money seized by force and funneled through an inefficient bureaucracy run by hacks until only a fraction of it comes out to fulfill the purpose it was collected for
really makes me think
>>
File: ftotHealthExp_pC_USD_long.png (381KB, 1874x2126px) Image search: [Google]
ftotHealthExp_pC_USD_long.png
381KB, 1874x2126px
>be american
>get cucked
>>
why do liberals get so much of their news and political opinions from actors and comedians?
>>
>It was insensitive and offensive to say that kids should have healthcare
What is so insensitive and offensive?
>>
>>82573018
Same reason you get your news from either breibart or fox news.
>>
>>82571764
What does diversity has to do with medicare
>>
>>82573018
>let's take complex issues and boil them down into a yes-no decision that no 'rational' person could argue against
>>
>>82573161
it's a strawman response to critics who were actually calling him out for using his son as a prop for a segment he wanted to go viral and boost his ratings

>>82573184
but I don't get my news from either of those
>>
>>82573184
>news outlets
vs
>people who play pretend for a living

hmmm, makes you think
>>
File: Capture.png (336KB, 516x715px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
336KB, 516x715px
>>82571764
going by OECD countries, turkey and mexico both do much better than the US for health coverage.
>>
>>82573270
>breitbart
>news outlet
pick one.
>>
>>82567502
>>82567440
See >>82572844 and >>82573354

We pay more and still live less.
>>
>>82573570
>We pay more and still live less.

I know, but why? What changed?
>>
>>82573570
i'm the guy who posted the pics

it's important to know the US spends more not because of higher quality care or better technology or training, but because they have fragmented purchasing groups that don't have the collective bargaining power that large public systems have.

which is important when you're dealing with anticompetitive interests like for profit service providers, and insurance and pharmaceutical companies.
>>
>>82571764
>Socialized Medicine

Are you actually saying universal healthcare with that dumb fucking term? Anyway

Israel
Spain
Singapore
>>
>>82573270
Fox has a liberal equivalent in MSNBC (though not nearly as popular). Breitbart has a liberal equivalent in Huffington Post and the like.

For every Jimmy Kimmel, there's an angry, screaming conservative talk show host on AM radio who's about as qualified as he is to talk politics but still made a career out of it.
>>
File: Capture.png (91KB, 791x912px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
91KB, 791x912px
>>82573696
also the real reason why it is the way it is lol
ameritards btfo
>>
File: life of pol.png (487KB, 816x960px) Image search: [Google]
life of pol.png
487KB, 816x960px
Why are social parasites the ones most against welfare?
>>
>>82567803
>not even trying to be being edgy
but you still are
>>
>>82565786
Healthcare isn't just politics. This bill is a tax cut for the rich paid for by taking 20 million Americans off health insurance. It was pushed through in ten hours without being scored by the Congressional Budget Office. Paul Ryan insisted the ACA be scored by this non-partisan body but won't wait for his own shitty bill to be looked over even though healthcare represents 1/6th of the entire fucking economy. You will once again be able to be charged an unlimited amount to have your pre-existing autism and diabeetus covered. You are fucked
>>
>>82573765
People expect political talk radio to be political. A comedian literally crying over some healthcare bill isn't something that would have happened in the history of late night TV until the last few years.
>>
>>82573982
>isn't something that would have happened in the history of late night TV until the last few years.
Would you say it's typical now?
>>
>>82573982
>A comedian literally crying over some healthcare bill isn't something that would have happened in the history of late night TV until the last few years

What's the "last few years?" Jon Stewart made a career out of politics in late night TV.

Letterman got fairly political too.
>>
>>82573652
>Why we pay more
He answered it better than I could >>82573696

Also to that guy, thank you for posting those. I was gonna rip a shit ton of charts like those from my professor's powerpoints but he took them all down

>Why we live less
Hard to say. Some think it's our focus on treating the problem rather than preventative care. I mean our diets are shit, we're getting antibacterial resistance from passing them out like candy (or at least we used to), and anti-vaxxers are a thing.

However, trying to give healthcare to all children is ignoring the elephant in the room. What politicians should be concerned about are the exponentially rising prices of healthcare, our biggest economy. Remember in one of the presidential debates when Chris Wallace asked how about neither Trump nor Hillary's healthcare plans are going to solve this problem and neither could produce an answer? This shit is serious and no one seems to care or know what to do.
>>
>>82574101
Yea, it's a ratings ploy. Saying what liberals want to hear will get some of them to watch your show. Conservatives do this too but they don't go to comedians, they go to political commentators who at least have the dignity not to hide behind the "I'm just a comedian" defense when called out for something.

>>82574191
That was cable and even that show was way less overtly on one side of the political aisle in the mid 00's than it was by the time Stewart left. I assume it's even worse now but like most people I haven't watched it with the new guy.
>>
File: serveimage.jpe.jpg (484KB, 1297x1101px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpe.jpg
484KB, 1297x1101px
no worries
iama grad student who had to do an economic analysis on a country's health care system for a project, and chose america because i thought there would be lots of info out there

holy shit the US health system is a complete mess, it's a giant clusterfuck of weirdness, i have a 50 word essay due in a week and i want to kill myself
>>
>>82574523
>That was cable
If you want to stick to broadcast TV, what about Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher, the show that Jimmy Kimmel Live originally replaced?
>>
>>82574579
>grad student
>economic analysis
>50 word essay
>>
>>82574579
>chose america because i thought there would be lots of info out there
oh boy you dun' goofed

> it's a giant clusterfuck of weirdness
My professor called it an "ecology", but I think clusterfuck is more appropriate 2bh
>>
File: Capture.png (21KB, 1039x199px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21KB, 1039x199px
>>82574579
now that i think about it, the us health system is becoming a great example of how libertarianism doesn't work (see >>82572844 )
you'll be spending 20% of your GDP on health care in 2015, absolute madmen
citation https://www.cms.gov/research-statistics-data-and-systems/statistics-trends-and-reports/nationalhealthexpenddata/nhe-fact-sheet.html
>>
File: Paul.jpg (199KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Paul.jpg
199KB, 600x450px
>>82574936
>US health system
>libertarian
>>
>>82574936
uh i mean 2025
time for me to abandon thred
>>
>>82574960
compared to the rest of the OECD (which performs better, is simpler, more equitable, more efficacious, and more cost effective), then it is libertarian.
>>
>>82574523
>Yea, it's a ratings ploy. Saying what liberals want to hear will get some of them to watch your show. Conservatives do this too but they don't go to comedians, they go to political commentators who at least have the dignity not to hide behind the "I'm just a comedian" defense when called out for something.
Let's not beat around the bush. Liberals don't just get their news from comedians and late night shows. They also get their news from various mainstream news networks. That's not to say there aren't Liberals that only get their news from comedians but these are the same types of assholes that people on the right have that only get their news via easily debunked facebook stories.
>>
>when your kid almost dies but you still have to fill your anti-drumpf joke quota
>>
>>82574936
> the us health system is becoming a great example of how libertarianism doesn't work
The US health system is pretty much the exact opposite of an ideal libertarian model, one of the glaring problems being government enforced restrictions on what states you're allowed to sell in, giving companies virtual monopolies on health insurance in a state. The supply of doctors is artificially controlled by the government, too. Only a limited amount are certified a year, and you shouldn't need 10 years of schooling to set a broken bone or identify strep as a family practitioner.
>>
>>82567477
Could the rich be rich without the poor?
>>
>>82571851
Yeah I wish they didn't rush this through either, reminds me of the same shit the dems pulled with Obamacare in a bad way.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.