[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were the Americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7650.jpg (347KB, 2000x1435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7650.jpg
347KB, 2000x1435px
After seeing Shin Gozilla I got a new question for the original. A question I have never thought of:

Where were the Americans back in 1954?
Why did the original movie act as if there were no Americans at all?
>>
>>82564279

i mean did you ever put the actual time lines in perspective my dude?! do you even realize that 2008 is as far away as 1954 is from 1945

its not much when you really think about it. WW2 just ended and american piggus dropped Nukes on Japan and shit.

The older you get the more you realize how insane that WW2 Timeline and the following 15 years really are for the entire world. I guess a lot of people who actually fought in the wars died or else we would have a completely different situation at hand
>>
>>82564349
I don't know what you mean. Why were the Americans not in the movie? Why didn't the director write a line or two about Americans ? Instead they pretend that Americans didn't exist

they did mention H-bomb test and Nagasaki though
>>
>>82565060
>Why were the Americans not in the movie?

Busy raping Japanese schoolgirls
>>
>>82564279
Since Godzilla was a direct analogy for Hiroshima & Nagasaki/nuclear holocaust in general, they probably didn't want to feature America in a heroic role.
>>
File: IMG_7651.jpg (11KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7651.jpg
11KB, 292x172px
Since there were no American character ...
We just have to make one!
>>
laughing at them for pearl harbor

waiting for them to die so we can catch that big sumbitch
>>
>>82565060
>they did mention H-bomb test and Nagasaki though
They don't, they only mention bomb shelters

They couldn't mention the bombings or the war that film because they weren't allowed to
>>
>>82565339
Who didn't allow them? Their government? I thought Japanese can't shut up about being bombed
>>
File: 1493232968049.jpg (53KB, 1119x791px) Image search: [Google]
1493232968049.jpg
53KB, 1119x791px
Look forward to King Smaugdorah in 2019
>>
>>82565639
Apparently in the 50s Japanese studios weren't allowed to, that's why they couldn't make war movies and some directors were blacklisted
>>
>>82565339
I am pretty sure the professor/dad guy said Gojira was mutated by H-bomb
>>
>>82565290
Diane, the locals sure seem to go on a lot about this "gojira" character. I'll have to investigate them tomorrow.
>>
>>82565674
Why? Is it because they just lost WWII so the government didn't want anything to remind people they started the war and got nuked?

That makes sense. Because people laugh at government anyway
>>
>>82566003
Likely, although I can't say for certain, the Americans still had control of Japan's national film board. They did at least during WW2 and American occupation last until early-mid 50's
>>
Why would americans help with what could be considered a big 'pest' issue?

Did americans help in the Emu War?
>>
>>82566719
ah, the emu war.
a lot of good men were lost in that war.
>>
File: 1494201223308.jpg (47KB, 492x493px) Image search: [Google]
1494201223308.jpg
47KB, 492x493px
there doesn't need to be a fat yankee cheese eating slob in every movie
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.