[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HEY /tv/ RECOMMEND A MOVIE FOR MY POP-POP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 11

File: stockmemeimagestorage.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stockmemeimagestorage.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Hello /tv/, my dad asked me to watch a movie with him. We don't talk much and aren't very close, everytime we watch something together is from me asking him. But today '''he asked me'''

I always want to watch a decent movie with him so I always pick something tested that I've already seen. He is not very fond of sci-fi and not-linear plot (e.g.he hated that Pulp Fiction isn't chronological). I live in Poland so he enjoys everything about post-communism and fall of communism, especially if he can relate to his young years when he traveled to RFN for currency trading to earn some money for mine baby-ass stroller, pampers and shit like that. But i'd like to experience something new with him, it's not fun knowing the plot already.

Can you help out anon in need who want to bond with his old man badly?

Here's a list of my pleb shiet tier taste of 541 movies I've watched already, maybe it will be helpful.
>>
Telling him what? What's the punchline?
>>
>>82563728

Dr Strangelove Or How I Stopped Wrrying and Learned To Love The Bomb

Its Stanley Kubricks masterful satire of yhe Cold war and the nuclear arms race. one of the best tragicomedies of all time
>>
>>82563728
I haven't seen this meme in forever
>>
OP, here the shit tier compilation of my taste I forgot:

http://www.filmweb.pl/user/ghostbuster19/films#

Did I mention my old man is a firefighter too? I think he would love related film but I don't know about any good ones.

>>82563850
That he was a mistake, of course!
>>82564019
Thanks anon, will look into that, looks promising!
>>
Bumping with kino shots for more suggestions

Also some trivia:
In polish the word "kino" means simply "the movie theather". So even the biggest pleb watches kino in our country, regardless of what he is seeing.
>>
Heat 1995
>>
File: shining.jpg (44KB, 980x551px) Image search: [Google]
shining.jpg
44KB, 980x551px
>>
File: sicario.png (478KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
sicario.png
478KB, 1920x800px
>>
File: 2001 Space Oddysey.jpg (296KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
2001 Space Oddysey.jpg
296KB, 2880x1800px
>>
>>
File: 1412645032091.png (2MB, 3024x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1412645032091.png
2MB, 3024x2800px
Some random /k/ inspiration I used to before. I
>>
File: saving-private-ryan.jpg (309KB, 1902x1078px) Image search: [Google]
saving-private-ryan.jpg
309KB, 1902x1078px
>>
File: saving-private-ryan2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saving-private-ryan2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
Noone? Really? Come on guys, I'm relying on you here.
>>
>>82565749
Pelíšky is pretty good for comie nostalgia, it will probably have polish dubbing too
>>
>>82565855
Good suggestion, but my dad kinda dislikes Czechs for some weird reason. I find them rather bro tier. Besides I can't find the torrent of it to save my life.

So far on my dll list are:

>Master and Commander the far side of the World
>Moon (2009)
>Gravity (2013)
>Dr Strangelove Or How I Stopped Wrrying and Learned To Love The Bomb

thinking of adding:
>Zulu (1963)
>The Red Baron (2008)
to the list.
>>
>>82566922
Seems like you can see only the first page of the seen movies without loging in which sucks, how about some westerns? The dolar trilogy is great, so is once upon a time in the west, hombre and unforgiven
>>
File: YQIKJp8.jpg (403KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
YQIKJp8.jpg
403KB, 2560x1600px
Not /tv/ But still kino shot
>>
>>82567189
That sucks indeed.
I think he have westerns covered. Apparently it was all the played in polish cinemas in the 70's. That and Kelly's Heroes.
>>
>>82567320
Yeah it was the same around here with mostly westerns or movies around 5 years old in cinemas, how about Vietnam war movies like Apocalypse now or Deer Hunter?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.