[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 600lb Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 13

File: Dr Now.png (78KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Now.png
78KB, 200x300px
How heavy are the patients on his show at the time of their gastric bypass surgery?

Isn't it dangerous to perform bariatric surgery on a patient weighing over 450 lbs?
>>
>>82563640

They have to be under 600 pounds. Dr Now talked about how in an interview it was thought to be dangerous for patients over 450 pounds, but he changed things up and advanced the medicine for bigger fatties.
>>
>>82563640
yes, which is why most of the time they are under 450 pounds ya nut
>>
>>82563640

Dr Now is a fucking crook

>"hey buddy you need to lose weight lol"

kind of obvious cause the show is about people 600 lbs+

then

>"uhhh we can't help you if you don't stop eating"

WOW!! Thanks Dr. Now!!

>"hey we take you in here for 4 weeks and give you 800 calories a day"

4 weeks later

>"see you lost some weight ... now go home and when you are under 600 lbs we can do the surgery"

Fatty goes home again cause nobody educated him or his family on what to do about his food addiction exactly.

Dr. Now sees patient again

>"wow you gained weight again! well thats a tragedy! Please lose weight again haha"

What these people need is a nutritionist and treatment for their addiction not some meme surgeon who just shit talks all day and has no clue what is going on.

This show is so fucking bad for the people who appear in it lmao.
>>
File: boogie.png (390KB, 599x326px) Image search: [Google]
boogie.png
390KB, 599x326px
>>82563806
So you're saying he has performed it for patients who weigh say 580 lbs? I tried looking it up, but they never fucking tell how heavy they were at the time of surgery. Maybe they do on the show, but I don't want to skip through a bunch of episodes listening for the exact dialog that says how much they weighed.

>>82563829
I haven't actually seen a full episode because IMO it's kind of disgusting. I was just talking with some other anon about boogie2988 and I mentioned that he should get gastric bypass, and he said boogie couldn't do it because he weighs like 520-540 pounds right now.
>>
>>82563937

There was an episode where they sent a nutritionist to their house and went through their food telling them it's junk, but the fatty just said it was all BS and ended up not losing any weight.

I think Dr. Now encourages his patients to get mental help, but either they ignore it thinking they don't need it or they don't have the money.
>>
>>82564009

its just exploitation

not a single person involved in the makings of this how is genuinely interested in seeing these people succeed. That would be really boring to watch.

The only thing people want to see is faggots like the 2 brothers that were shilled here hard cause they refused to listen and basically killed themselves on TV for our entertainment.
>>
>>82563937
If you actuall watched the show, youd know they talk to nutritionists. Dr. Now can't help those that don't help themselves.
>>
>>82564046

Dr. Now genuinely cares about his patients, and has struggled with scorn from colleagues who don't think he should help fatties.

There are plenty of fatties on the show who successfully lose the weight and live good lives. Don't judge them all from the one or two meme episodes you watched.
>>
>>82563937
If you weigh 600lbs you can easily survive 30+ days with only water.
He was immobile, so just hook him up to a water tube and leave him be.
>>
File: mayonnaise.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
So could Dr. Now help Boogie? Or would he need to lose 70-90 pounds first? >>82563991
>>
>>82563937
>What these people need is a nutritionist
protip: nutritionists are pants on head retarded and literally go off of broscience.
>>
>>82563937
that's the thing though, the surgery isn't going to fix their shitty eating habits.

>This show is so fucking bad for the people who appear in it lmao.
yeah, because being a fat worthless piece of shit is really working out for them.
>>
>>82564215
I don't think he could lose enough for the doctor to operate. Boogie is too fucked up from all of his medical issues and the mental health problems from his abuse. I don't ever see him losing weight, some people it is simply not possible to lose weight.
>>
>>82563991
>he said boogie couldn't do it because he weighs like 520-540 pounds right now.
There isn't some magic line where it's possible or not. It's all about how risky it is. Some doctors consider the risks of weighing 500+ pounds for an extended period worse than performing the surgery. Some do not. I doubt there's that much research into it considering how abnormal it still is to reach such a weight, so it's really only one professional opinion againt another.
>>
File: pepepe.png (1MB, 1072x782px) Image search: [Google]
pepepe.png
1MB, 1072x782px
>>82564276
>some people it is simply not possible to lose weight.
>>
>>82564116
Have any of his patients ever died on the show? Or had serious medical emergencies from the surgery?

>>82564258
>the surgery isn't going to fix their shitty eating habits.

I thought it literally makes your stomach smaller, so you only have like 1/10th the appetite you had before the surgery. I mean you still may want to eat cookies or pizza for every meal, but at least you wont be eating 24/7 anymore because you can actually feel full.
>>
>>82564323
There are too many factors stacked against him to do anything. How the hell is he supposed to exercise with his gross diseased leg? And fuck off with the water exercise meme.
>>
>>82564215
oh my fucking god i'm gagging

oh my god
>>
>>82564370
you do not have 1/10th the appetite, you have 10/10ths the appetite but 1/10th the stomach to fit it in. It makes it uncomfortable to eat like you used to, but fat people find a way. Not feeling full is not the reason fat people are fat.
>>
>>82564375
Less energy in than out = weight loss.

It's the simplest thing. If your body lacks energy it will start consuming the store fat reserves.
>>
>>82564375
What's that one thing people do? Where like instead of eating a bunch of food, they eat less.
>>
File: 1473760299376.webm (3MB, 390x576px) Image search: [Google]
1473760299376.webm
3MB, 390x576px
>tfw you want to lose weight but tourists keep giving you bananas
>>
>>82564375
protip: you don't need exercise to lose weight. You literally just have to eat less. Fat people use exercise as an excuse too much when it literally amounts to a very insignificant amount of weight loss.
>>
>>82564186
longer than that.
In the 1960s, a 400lb Scottish man didn't eat for an entire year and lost only 275 pounds. He was being monitored in a hospital the whole time and was given multivitamins daily
>>
>>82564519
lol, he loves koolaid
>>
File: 54324321.gif (16KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
54324321.gif
16KB, 633x758px
>just eat less bro
It's not that fucking easy
>>
>>82564616
no one said it was just that easy, but it literally is the only solution.
>>
>>82564532
Damn
>>
File: obese tiger.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
obese tiger.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>82564418
Damn, well that sucks. I was just going off of what they say on Wikipedia:
>After surgery, patients feel fullness after ingesting only a small volume of food, followed soon thereafter by a sense of satiety and loss of appetite. Total food intake is markedly reduced.
>>
>>82564687
>>82564532
my bad, he actually came in weighing 456 lbs (not 400) and came out weighing 180 lbs
>>
>>82564716
Why are fat animals cute but fat people disgusting? I definitely would pet and hug this chubby little guy.
>>
>>82564903
the math on that doesn't seem right.
>>
>>82565067
no, it is right.
here is an article about it:
http://archive.is/5Gy2U
>>
>>82564218
>protip: nutritionists are pants on head retarded and literally go off of broscience.
Shit bait
>>
>>82563991
he never did a bypass on anyone at 580 pounds but there was one lady who failed to lose weight so she went on a different show and got a surgeon to bypass her. She died of a heart attack a few days later.

Dr Now is a pioneer and leading surgeon in fat surgery though
>>
>>82564370
One patient, Kandi Dreier, had her heart stop and went into a coma for a week, but she recovered with no brain damage.

Another guy named Henry Foots died in 2013 to an illness unrelated to his weight loss surgery, which he had at some point between 2004 and 2011 during season 1.
>>
>>82565058
because animals die before they get to full morbid like those human whales
>>
>>82565338
>so she went on a different show

wait wait wait
There are other shows like this that do even riskier surgeries?
>>
>>82564215
the thing is that weight loss starts in the kitchen, not in the gym and definitely not on the operating table.

Gastric bypass isnt a magic bullet, it isnt even liposuction. All it does is make your stomach smaller so its harder to eat lots of food but there are many situations where people can eat through their surgery and basically render it ineffective.

Thats why at the start of the show Dr Now has all his patients lose like 100 pounds naturally before he agrees to help them because he doesnt want to waste his time. Boogie would never help himself and thats the simple truth in the matter.
>>
>>82563937
>What these people need is a nutritionist and treatment for their addiction not some meme surgeon who just shit talks all day and has no clue what is going on.
if you ever actually watched this show there are nutritionists and therapists in most of them. Dr Now is just the surgeon and he says the obvious things they need to do before he agrees. The patients see a nutritionist who literally write them the perfect diet and then they send therapists to the crazier ones to help them.
>>
>spent my whole life being overweight
>finally get my shit together and lose 20kg by myself
>that feel when i can wear M sized clothes and look good
>but now i'm balding
Why do some people never win?
>>
>>82565162
I'm talking about the weight loss. I can lose ten lbs a month by eating 1000 calories less a day. I can push myself and eat 1500 calories less and lose 15lbs a month. If I have hundreds of pounds to lose, I can easily lose 180lbs in probably about 6 months. For someone to only lose 180lbs without eathing anything for a year...something sounds fishy.

>>82565275
what makes you think they're qualified? Nutrition, aside from don't eat too much or don't eat shit, isn't even agreed upon. Their literally boils down to: don't eat too much and don't eat junk food. Everything after that is literally broscience.
>>
>>82565456
Go Statham mode and shave it all off and get a nice body
>>
>>82565387
she was a special episode because she was kind of a fat celebrity. She was so fat that she got trapped in an earthquake in Haiti simply because she couldnt get out of the house and the American military needed to airlift her out with a cargo plane.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/12/600-pound-mom-eats-death-video-photos-dominique-lanoise/
>>
>>82565473
He was probably not exercising at all because it combined with the fasting would be too strenuous on his heart. Just laying there for a year, slowly consuming his own body fat like a hibernating bear.
>>
File: obese person casket.jpg (59KB, 634x458px) Image search: [Google]
obese person casket.jpg
59KB, 634x458px
>>82564215
Boogie should go on the show
>>
>>82564526

Exercise helps a lot though. Having muscle will increase your overall metabolism even if the actual exercise doesn't make you lose a lose of calories. Also, it just improves your outlook and makes you feel good.

Although don't fall into the trap of, "I took a ten minute walk today, so I should be fine eating an extra burger."
>>
>>82566070
yeah, that's great and all, but in terms of weight loss you don't really lose anything compared to what you lose from not eating. Yes, exercise is great for your health, however the metabolism gain isn't significant and overblown. In context to what I'm responding to, it doesn't matter how it improves your outlook or how it makes you feel, it's not an excuse for a fatass who can't exercise to lose weight.

>Although don't fall into the trap of, "I took a ten minute walk today, so I should be fine eating an extra burger."
yes, like I said, fat people use exercise as an excuse too much.
>>
>>82563640
its literally dangerous for those fatties to do anything by the time they are on his show, now they are concerned with safety? and their personal health?
>>
File: Eman Ahmed Abd El Aty.jpg (46KB, 660x540px) Image search: [Google]
Eman Ahmed Abd El Aty.jpg
46KB, 660x540px
>>82563640
a 36 year old Egyptian woman who weighed ~500kg (1,100 lbs) successfully got bariatric surgery in India this past February. That's gotta be a world record for highest weight at time of surgery. I guess Indian surgeons are willing to do it because they aren't afraid of being sued for malpractice if the patient dies.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38238478
>>
>>82563937
he gives them a bariatric diet to follow, which is low carb/sugar high protin , basically keto. they are given all the information they need , most of them are hardcore addicts tho so they relapse the second they are alone, or their family keeps on shoving food in their faces. most of the 600lb people on the show have little to no mobility so their family is largely to blame.

i do agree that the current situation with bariatric surgery is a scam, in most cases the patient is told there is no cure for obesity and the only choice they have is to go under the knife.
>>
>>82566493
>1,100 lbs
This seems like a joke, I don't even understand how people can continue to live when they reach weights like this. Are they just lucky?
>>
>>82564616

Just force yourself to not eat for fucks sake. It's only hard for the first or second week.
>>
>>82564519
Uma delicia
>>
>>82566715
you are retarded, asking a fatass to just stop eating is like asking a clinically depressed person to just cheer up or a heroin junkie to quit using the drug
>>
>tfw weighed 400lbs for the last 6 years and finally started dieting and currently down to 320

losing weight is easy once i got my schizophrenia under control
>>
>>82566955
Might want to start saving for skin removal surgery.
>>
File: Jon_Brower_Minnoch.jpg (28KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jon_Brower_Minnoch.jpg
28KB, 312x400px
>>82566670
yeah it's pretty insane.
The heaviest person ever recorded was this man, Jon Brower Minnoch, at 1400 lbs (635 kg). Doctors said over 900 lbs of his weight was retained fluid from generalized edema.

He lost 924 lbs (most weight ever lost) and was discharged from the hospital, only to gain back 476 lbs over the course of a year and get re-hospitalized. He died ~2 years later at almost 800lbs.

There is a 26 year old Saudi man named Khalid Bin Mohsen Shaari who, in 2013, had the highest BMI of all time (204) and weighed 1,345 lbs. He is still alive, IIRC he lost 300 lbs because the Saudi king directly intervened for his medical care.
>>
>>82567131
i dont have that kind of cash. just going to work on getting /fit/ and live with the scars from gluttony. not like any one will ever see me naked

loose skin is ugly but so is being 400lbs
>>
Why do these people get addicted to food and not alcohol or heroin like any normal person with psychological issues would?
>>
>>82567335
Food's easier to get, I guess
>>
>>82567142
You know you're fat when the fucking King has to get involved
>>
>>82564215
>>82564387
That's not actually mayonnaise, it's vanilla pudding he put in there for the video
>>
>>82565275
He's right. The legit term is dietitian. Nutritionists are unqualified hacks.
>>
>>82563937
that's literally the point.
nobody wants to see fat cunts succeed at anything
>>
>>82566251
exercising just helps build good habits desu, even my personal trainer told me if I wanted to lose weight I should just watch what I eat. But since I've started regularly working out I sleep earlier and get up earlier to do my morning exercises. I've pretty much cut out soda out of my diet because I need to stay actually hydrated.
>>
>>82565473
Not him but to be a nutrionist you literally need a bachelor's degree in nutrition science and you have to be licensed and certified by whatever state you practice in.
>>
>>82567335
theres a two parter for a guy who got addicted to painkillers. Its hilarious because he goes to rehab but just gets addicted again and then goes back into rehab
>>
>>82564418
No, your appetite goes down too. The stomach produces a hormone that drives appetite. Smaller stomach = less appetite.

Plus you can't eat the same shit you used to. Greasy and/or sugary foods will make you seriously ill.

I just just had this surgery 4 months ago.
>>
>>82569139
how fat were you? how fat are you?
>>
>>82569173
Around 325ish day of surgery
265ish today

I lost 15lbs in the first week, which is fucking insane.
You MUST change you eating habits- its pretty much the Clockwork Orange approach to dieting. I eat like a supermodel now. Before surgery I would eat 3 eggs for breakfast. Not its a challenge to eat one. Finishing a lean cuisine is a challenge sometimes.
Pasta, roughage, and white meat chicken are tough- they fill you up almost instantly.
>>
>>82569315
>You MUST change you eating habits
Kinda funny how that would've spared you the surgery in the first place.
>>
>>82568678
I agree, but again, in terms of the post I was responding to, not being able to lose weight because you can't exercise is a bullshit excuse that holds no water.
>>
>>82569139
yeah, that's nice and all but you're ignoring the most important part of my post
> fat people find a way. Not feeling full is not the reason fat people are fat.
>>
>>82569667
whats ironic is I probably eat more on days I work out a lot just cause I end up so hungry
>>
>>82569315
>needing surgery to learn how to eat right
>implying 3 eggs was the reason you were fat
no need to lie, you were eating more than just three eggs. You could have lost those 15lbs the first week and all the weight you plan to lose by simply learning how to eat properly.

>>82569466
this guy gets it
>inb4 you don't understand what it's like to be fat and having eating habits
oh but I do.
>>
>>82569770
what's idiotic is that it's not a physical response
>>
>>82569466
>>82569779
Not going to lie, I like food. I like eating food, and before the surgery, I could eat plenty of it. Now I don't. Like I said, Clockwork Orange. It's not a choice. It's not some battle of Will I have to wrestle with and lose, esp. since I'm getting older and my job entails be sitting on my ass all day.

The surgery also does something call Malabsorption, which means your body is less efficient at absorbing calories from food. It's also less efficient at absorbing calcium and vitamins, so you need supplements.
>>
>>82569779
>oh but I do.
Same, I even used to be fatter than him (375lb). Literally all it took was NOT to do something, that something being eating at an excess.
>>
>>82569929
so congrats, you took the shortcut and fucked up your body when you could have done it the easier way and actually improve your body.
>>
>>82568678
>I've pretty much cut out soda out of my diet
Everyone should.
Unless you're having alcohol while socializing, drinking your calories is always a waste. It makes you gain weight and it doesn't satiate your hunger at all. I always drink water or no-calorie / low-calorie drinks so I can eat more of the foods I love without getting fat.
>>
>>82565058
animal fat is distributed differently and theyre covered in hair
>>
>>82570039
No need to be a dick. What's done is done; it's not like he can go back and decide to diet instead
>>
>>82570133
the funny thing is I literally cant drink soda anymore after not drinking it for 5 months. Anytime I take a sip it just feels nasty in my mouth and yet I can remember the days I would drank at least a bottle a day.
>>
>>82570241
yes, yes, pamper and coddle the stupid people.
>>
>>82567142
>...had the highest BMI of all time (204) and weighed 1,345 lbs. He is still alive, IIRC he lost 300 lbs

Woah, so he's down to a nice and slim 1045 lbs?
What an amazing success story
>>
>>82570039
I know what my body does. When I was younger, I ate less than 1k calories a day and worked out every day. I got down to 212.
Now I am older (slower metabolism) more responsibilities (less time to exercise) and I'm not going delude myself into the bullshit dream that gosh, if only I got my shit together and ate better and worked out, everything would be OK.

Fun fact- 2 weeks before the surgery, my diet was 3 protein shakes a day and 1 lean cuisine. Weight lost - 0 lbs.
>>
>>82570855
>bullshit dream that gosh, if only I got my shit together and ate better and worked out, everything would be OK.
Don't project your own lack of discipline on a very sensible approach.
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (70KB, 901x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
70KB, 901x473px
MAH LAYGS!
>>
>>82571223
Wow. Truly an ubermensh. Such focus.
>>
>>82571273
didn't this guy *gain* like 100+ lbs on the show when he was supposed to be losing twice that much to be able to qualify for the surgery?

what a fat blob of shit, wasting everyone's time
>>
>>82570855
all I read is some stupid retard who thought doing drastic things would result in immediate changes. You ate less than 1k a day (sure you did), which is stupid. You worked out every day (sure you did) expecting this to matter in terms of weight loss, which is stupid. Then you make excuses (I'm older so my body magically runs on only 500 calories now, I have no time to exercise, even though I'll shitpost here and I literally can't squeeze 30-60 minutes out of my life)

You're right, you're not deluding yourself, you're outright lying and convincing yourself that the only way is to literally fuck up your body.

Fun fact: you're a retard who is fat because you're a retard, not because your body magically processes calories differently.
>>
>>82571495
If "not eating too much" makes one an ubermensch then there's not really a point to it, is there? It's called being normal
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>82567142

This is what Josh from Josh&Drake looks like now. Feel old yet?
>>
>>82570855
>lose 0 pounds in two weeks
>i-it'll never work!!!
nevermind what actually was in those "protein shakes" for all we know it could have been 4 liters of milk in each
>>
>>82572032
BUT BRO THEY WERE ****PROTEIN SHAKES**** AND *********LEAN********* CUISINE
>>
>>82572003
SPHERICAL
>>
>>82572032
Nope. Gold Standard powder in water. Milk makes me logey.
>>
File: Disposing of fat people.png (56KB, 682x426px) Image search: [Google]
Disposing of fat people.png
56KB, 682x426px
>>
>>82572404
how many scoops? assuming one per drink thats not quite 400 calories, add that to another few hundred from lean cuisine and you're not breaking 1000.
you sure you weren't eating anything else or dinking anything? you sure you just weren't drinking a ton of water and gaining water weight? you think 2 weeks is long enough to be able to judge your weight loss?
>>
>>82566493
holy shit
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.