[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F&L

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2898.jpg (52KB, 618x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2898.jpg
52KB, 618x403px
Is this movie actually worth a shit or do you need to be tripping shit on acid to enjoy it
>>
>>82563310
It has the most accurate depiction of an LSD trip in visual media, imo.

It helps to have done drugs before to fully appreciate it I think.
>>
>>82563310

It's entertaining if you're sober too
>>
>>82563310
Watch The Rum Diary first.
>>
i thought it was pretty unwatchable and I turned it off after 30 min. but trippy shit like that is not my cup of tea
>>
>>82563310
It's pretty good, and a mostly faithful adaptation of genius level source material. They should have kept in them finding the american dream in a burnt out parking lot though.
Gilliam is also such a visually creative director that I find it hard to hate anything he does.
>>
>>82563310
Drugs help
>>
Gave me too much anxiety watching it on drugs, turned it off after 10mins.
Even sober it makes me really uncomfortable
>>
I didn't get it.

He's a famous journalist that hates what he does and spent all his advance on alcohol and drugs and documented it?

That's it? That's the whole movie? Ok.
>>
>>82563310
>do you need to be tripping shit on acid to enjoy it
what are you, 16?
>>
This and Jackie brown are the most page-by-page faithful adaptations I've seen.
>>
it's pointless and comfy

top tier for a lazy weekend morning
>>
>>82563310
Watched for the first time
Do not watch if you're looking for deep plot or story
It's 2 hours of drug tripping scenes which are enjoyable but doesn't make for a thrilling experience
Probably doesn't help that I don't know what any of them feel like
>>
I personally like it but I've done alot of drugs in my time and lots of stupid shit while on drugs so I could see how someone not into that type of thing wouldn't really like this movie
>>
>>82563310
It's a good movie with great performances (although Depp as HST is fantastic, Del Toro really steals every scene he is in) The film's only flaw is that it's plot, if you can even call it that, does not justify it's run time and it gets too redundant by the end. Still one of the best book-to-screen adaptions in regards to staying true to source material.
>>
Watch it sober, also Gilliam left out most of the journalism scene and Thompson reading the papers, which provided background for why he was so frustrated all the time and took so many drugs.
>>
>>82565098

This is what capeshit does to people.
>>
>>82565515

I'm straight to the degree that I don't even have caffeine or non-naturally occuring sugar and I think it's a good movie.
>>
>>82565612
I mean, instead of insulting me or making a snide remarks you could have maybe pointed out or told me what I'm missing?

No? Ok.
>>
>>82563310
I hate to be that guy but the book is better. Most of the lines in the movie are straight out of the book though. It's still worth a watch though.
>>
my dad says this movie is as close to taking lsd that a movie has come. i told him to grow up, stop being a degenerate and to stay away from my mother.
>>
it's probably the most boring overrated piece of shit I have ever seen

and I got tricked by /tv/ into watching the master/the tree of life
>>
>>82565347
Just know that when you do those types of drugs and go outside you're conscious of the fact that you're visibly high and other people can tell. This mother fucker went to Vegas on extremely hard drugs with no breaks and no sleep and tried to work a job on top of that. Ive been on benders for a few days but nowhere near on that level and I felt like I was losing my fucking mind. The most impressive part is that he made it through 1970s Vegas without getting arrested. So I guess yes, experience with drugs will influence your level of appreciation of this movie.
>>
>>82565281
A scanner darkly.
>>
>>82566426
Fucking child. Eat shit and play with your mothers hole, cunt.
>>
File: tumblr_li6mcedCtc1qfoe7mo1_400.png (204KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_li6mcedCtc1qfoe7mo1_400.png
204KB, 400x273px
watch "Where the Buffalo Roam", Bill Murray does a much better job of portraying Hunter Thompson
>>
>>82563346
>It helps to have done drugs before to fully appreciate it I think

Yes.
I watched this with my parents and brother years ago. My dad and I laughed our asses off while my mom and brother thought it was weird and they didn't understand it.

>dad was an acid dropping hippy in his day
>I've been known to have some addictions
>>
I haven't watched it but I was confused how they could really adapt the book when it seemed a very honest book, I don't doubt the events took place. I always felt the movie would make it sound very fictional when the book always had this feeling that it was all true. I know it's supposed to be.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.