[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible to make a movie this bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Warcraft-Poster.jpg (240KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft-Poster.jpg
240KB, 1024x768px
How is it possible to make a movie this bad?
>>
Two words

Live Action
>>
Duncan Jones really tried too. He's normally a great director.
All he did was prove that it's impossible to make a good videogame movie that is accurate to the source material.
>>
>>82558448
it wasn't accurate

the worst parts of it weren't from the games
including but not limited to:
>the love story between garona and lothar
>lothars son
>king llane literally asking to be killed robbing Garona of making 1 decision in the film
>the stupid flying Dalaran scene
>"from darkness comes light"
>Medivhs golem
>Lothar fighting blackhand
>>
File: ahegaopest.png (257KB, 656x368px) Image search: [Google]
ahegaopest.png
257KB, 656x368px
>>82557383
>fuck you I liked it
>>
>>82557383
It should have just been an animated 2 hour story about the Orcs. They were the most interesting characters of the entire film.
>>
>>82558611
Like, in an ironic way?
>>
I just noticed it's the guy from Vikings. Anyway the movie was alright to watch for fun. I'll assume they'll cut off tons of shit like Lord of the Rings and make sequels that might end like Lord of the Ring.
There's too many important stuff missing from the movie. They might as well make a tv series to fill in those missing things.
>>
>>82557383
By trying to cater to two completely different audiences.

For Warcraft players it's butchering of lore if they don't do it by the book..

For casual viewers it's too confusing if they follow all names and connections in lore.

By going middle way noone is really happy.
>>
>>82559536
Honestly, this should have been an action-comedy.
>>
Enjoy your downvotes faggot
>>
>>82558585
Those are little things. It's far more accurate than most videogame movies, like Resident Evil or Silent Hill.
>>
File: I LIKE TO.jpg (157KB, 1425x1530px) Image search: [Google]
I LIKE TO.jpg
157KB, 1425x1530px
>>82558637
No in a "DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND ENJOY SHIT MOVIES LMAO" way
>>
>>82557383
This was almost as bad as "In The Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale". It's way overrated on IMDB, deserves to be in the bottom 100.
>>
>>82557383
i've seen plenty of flicks from 2016 that are much worse than Warcraft
>>
>>82557383
10/10 cringe kino
>>
>>82558081
this

humans in Warcraft are as much caricatures as orcs are
their knights are basically space marines in medieval" armor

puny human actors make no sense when the orcs actually follow the look of the game
>>
>>82557383

The story in the games works because it's episodic. Warcraft could only be adapted to the screen if it was made into a tv show.

In a tv show you could have a battle every other day and it would be fine. You can't have constant battles in a movie because it would get boring, expensive and you'd have no room for plot or character development in such a small space of time. And Warcraft is literally constant battles.
>>
>>82557383
It really wasn't that bad, much better than something like Man Of Steel.
>>
>>82562778
Well stated. Either hulk the humans too or just paint green the orcs with Shrek masks. If Hellboy is being rebooted, why not this. Make a series of 8 episodes.
>>
>>82558081
Either 100% CGI or 100% Live action
The blend between them is disgusting
>>
File: Orc Warrior.jpg (507KB, 659x950px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Warrior.jpg
507KB, 659x950px
>>82558585
Don't forget that the movie didn't end with a heroic last stand by the knights of Stormwind while the populace and Lothar escape.
No sacking of of Stormwind.
No Horde infighting with Cho'gall bungling the start of the war.
No Doomhammer ascending from a lowly Orc Commander to Warchief.
Heck, they could have redone the Warlords of Draenor trailer for the final moments of the movie:
>Stormwind is in flames, Orgrimm victorious
>The shadow council summons him, demands that he finaly drinks the demon blood.
>Instead Saurfang, Kargath, Grom, Kilrog and Garona rush in and slaughter the shadow council with Orgrim.
>Gul'dan:'This was not our destiny!"
>Orgrim:'Times change'
>>
I liked it. For some reason my wife who is chinese absolutely loved it, she doesn't even play video games.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.