[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: baby-groot-dance.jpg (47KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
baby-groot-dance.jpg
47KB, 1200x600px
XD
>>
This movie was good. Fuck you, fun hating dickhead.
>>
Damn, Vin Diesel looks like THAT?
>>
File: 1485992751847.png (45KB, 438x157px) Image search: [Google]
1485992751847.png
45KB, 438x157px
>>82555169
>GotG2 starts with a fight during the intro credits because the camera is focused on Baby Groot dancing to music
>literally no progress until the credits end and then we see the fight

>GotG gives detail what happens to Quill then later shows him walking on a planet during the intro credits
>Quill turns on his music halfway in as he's exploring some ruins til he finds an artifact all during the intro credits
>it ends as soon as he's discovered

It's like they thought people only liked retro rock music and the dancing, but the first movie had plot moving forward while we have to wait after a forced Baby Groot scene in the second.
Really rustled my jimmies.
>>
Groot is a cute. CUTE!!
>>
>>82555169
Sup shilly billy
>>
>>82555169

>Films with no plot and character motivations get a pass if they are fun

Nice opinion faggot
>>
I know people say this a lot but this movie really felt like a toy ad
>>
>>82555343
>It's like they thought people only liked retro rock music and the dancing

Of course that's all the people care about, and the reddit/rick&morty observational humor.
Not even comic book fans gave a shit about GotG until the movie showed up.
>>
>XD LOOK AT THIS SHITTY CG CREATURE
>ISNT THIS ONE OF THE GREATEST MOVIES OF ALLL TIME
>>
Nerd culture is just another manifestation of the ongoing glorification of brainless consumerism. We live in a world in which adult men clap when they see a 10 minute clip of a CGI baby tree dancing on screen. This kind of infantilization and detachment of praise from artistic merit works very well for plastic manufacturers, because that stupid goy creaming his pants when he sees a trailer with a Led Zeppelin song is the kind of retard who will spend thousands upon thousands of dollars in merchandising.

Nerd culture brings the concept of "pride" to the act of buying useless shit. The humor by references so preminent in Marvel movies and Big Bang Theory is the kind of shit that makes the manchild, who's now working but single or, in any case, childless and with lots of disposable income, proud of being part of the select group of manchildren who understand the reference. The only way to get into this group is spending money. Nerd culture is short term capitalism and cultural dominance by a few companies, mainly Disney, becomign self-destructive in the long run. By expanding the realm of "teenage" from it's original 10 to 20 years range, to the current 7 to 35-40 years range, they get a massive consumer base composed only by emotionally stunned losers who will never produce anything of value. No one does when you're a teenager. Nerd culture is the cancer that's killing western culture, anyone supporting any of these movies is an enemy of the eurocentric culture that has brought the longest and best era of peace and prosperity to human kind in its history.
>>
>>82555522
You mean that's what Reddit liked about the first movie?
>>
Fuck me audiences and critics are easy to praise nowadays, what was the point of this flick? It's just random shit happening just because, zero character motivations and quips
>>
>>82555680
*easy to please
>>
>Baby Groot dancing XD
>I'm going to put a poop in your bed XD
>I used my wrong winking eye XD
>Trash panda XD
>I have really sensitive nipples XD
>You want to have sex with women Peter XD
>It's not ripe yet XD
>Do you have a penis? XD
>TazerFace XD
>You are ugly XD
>Ooops baby Groot brought the wrong with back again XD
>Travelling really fast makes their face look werid XD
>I'm going to make some weird shit XD
>I'm Mary Poppins y'all XD
>Mantis just got hit in the head XD
>Dont press the wrong button Groot! XD
>Anybody got any tape? XD
>Peter turned into PacMan XD
>5 post credit scene XD
>>
>>82555711
Wow for knowing every joke in the movie you sure seem upset.
>>
>>82555621
reddit loves everything about the movies, but especially rocket's observational 'jokes that drag on for to long' humor
normies love the classic rock, chris pratt, and bautista
kids love baby groot and rocket, and want their parents to buy baby groot and rocket toys

the series is now the perfect cash cow
>>
>>82555148
This scene was probably the most excruciating. It seemed rather on-the-nose, with Groot just recreating the opening of the first movie, complete with lizard-rats to kick.

And I liked the movie, just this dance-off was painful.

The other one was also Groot, bringing all the wrong things to Yondu and Rocket in jail, when Rocket could've easily climbed through the bars. Just one long joke over and over and over. Okay, we get it, little Groot is an idiot. It was too long of a scene to just end it with Yandu's other surrogate son showing up and apologizing for the mutiny.
>>
>>82555734
t. Marvelcuck Redditor
>>
>>82555776
I'm actually a DC fan
>>
>>82555446
>Films with no plot and character motivations get a pass if they are fun
see nothing wrong with this
>>
>>82555734
For someone laughing and clapping their monkey hands at literal retard tier entertainment, you don- oh wait, you're also very obviously reddit.
>>
>>82555148

I was angry at myself for smiling so much during the title sequence.
>>
>>82555829
>>82555776
Lel you guys get triggered easily.
>>
>>82555829
The movie's great humour isn't the problem, it's you. You just hate fun
>>
>>82555711
>i paid money to go see a Marvel movie and am part of the cancer that keeps these things funded but it's okay because i made fun of it on /tv/!
>>
We live in an age where this is how a acclaimed movie looks like:
>forced unfunny humour
>forced emotional moments that feel completely inorganic
>videogame visuals
>no plot at all
>characters are walking cliches with unclear motivations and incoherent development: the arrogant bad boy with a golden heart MC, the sassy sarcastic sidekick, the cute puppet, the sassy voice of reason black lady, the dummy giant. Try to make a more generic movie than this, I dare you
What went wrong? LotR wasn't that long ago. Matrix wasn't that long ago. Fuck forget about blockbusters for teenagers, even children flicks were better not so long ago, Wall-E, Toy Story, Harry Potter, those movies all came out this century.

What went so wrong with hollywod? Are the chinese to blame?
>>
>>82555776
>calling someone a marvelcuck redditor
>for pointing out that you paid money to go see a marvelcuck reddit movie
Hmm, interesting.
>>
I like the opening credits. Hardly anybody does them anymore, except Bond.
>>
>>82555905
I don't mind opening credits, the first Guardians did it pretty well.
But the sequel really shoved Groot in your face.
They tried too hard.
>>
>>82555874
>Are the chinese to blame?
No, americans are getting dumber too
>>
kino
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.