[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Road

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 16

File: the-road.jpg (248KB, 1400x937px) Image search: [Google]
the-road.jpg
248KB, 1400x937px
Damn.
>>
>>82554765
lol why didn't they just go somewhere safe
>>
>>82554765
>Damn.
nigger
>>
>>82554811
Too scared of getting raped.
>>
Damn, the board was shilling this movie hard and it turned to be nothing special.
>>
>never read any cormac mccarthy books
>think this movie must have been some edgy take on the book
>read the book
>it's ten times edgier and even more fucked up
>>
The house scen was the tensest I've ever been during a movie
>>
any other movie adaptations better than the book?
>>
why will anyone be a " GOOD GUY " in a post apocalypse hollywood really fucks up this genre when this is the best setting to tell a pure human story the parts of humanity we are told to never acknowledge
>>
>>82554835
if i say damn am i a nigger

where are the arbitrary rules of niggerhood?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Br1JOgrDc
>>
>>82555345
Fight Club ?
>>
>>82555542
The whole point of the movie was that even in the darkest times, there's still some people out there to "carry the light". So it's an optimistic movie after all.
>>
>>82554765
Some of The Road was filmed just down the road from me.
>>
https://youtu.be/4gT6AnrDwew gf taught me to play this on the piano after we watched it
>>
>>82555677
only idiots will carry the light and smart people will use the lights of the idiots to light their way

we are truly animals who will eat each other enslave each other if the opportunity arises
>>
>>82555345

LOTR
>>
>>82555542

The Road is only a handful of years into the post apocalypse. These are first generation apocalypse survivors. I have a hard time wrapping my head around people locking "the weak" up in a cellar to occasionally chop off an arm or two for dinner when the world's only been royally fucked for a couple of years. Not only does this just fall into any dumb horror movie trope territory it's also an incredibly boring story.

The Man and The Boy's relationship is much more interesting and human than that.
>>
>>82555345
>>82555345
The Shining
>>
File: YP0SmLXHxBh3W.gif (2MB, 245x135px) Image search: [Google]
YP0SmLXHxBh3W.gif
2MB, 245x135px
>>82555755
no say you living in the middle of no mwhere and the world is fucked up you cant leave your house for to long or you will gt sick from radiation rain food is running out you cant plant nothing and you are starving

Humanity crumbles alot faster than a few years
>>
>>82555295

By day the banished sun circles the earth like a grieving mother with a lamp.

Pure /lit/kino.
>>
>>82555729
If you were right there would be no civilization at all. And animals aren't evil by any means, just driven by instinct, so at worst we're the same as them.
>>
>>82555345
Starship Troopers
>>
>>82555295
What? The movie is 95% like the book, almost scene for scene.
>>
>>82555998

What about the part where they EAT THE FUCKEN BABBY
>>
>>82555755
You underestimate how quickly civilization can collapse
>>
>>82555755
>>82555803
There is a simple fact that fiction writers like to ignore in many post-apocalypse settings: Humans are generally good people.

Now, don't get me wrong - even "good people" are often incredibly selfish and are willing to let others suffer greatly in exchange for themselves being slightly more comfortable - but 95% of people would not be willing to actively inflict that suffering upon someone else in the same scenario.

Though often with the post-apocalypse setting you can handwave that with shit like radiation or whatever
>>
>>82556018
literally the only thing left out
>>
>>82555593
maybe you just enjoy playing a nigger on the internet
>>
>>82556018

They supposedly filmed, but it made them sick.
>>
Not to mention the apocalypse in The Road everything is dying. The world cannot sustain crops or animals to hunt anymore. To live, you have to scavenge for what little is left or each each other. There is no other choice. That would happen pretty quick in a world like that. I would imagine after a few months.
>>
>>82556041
not at all true, there's plenty of other fucked up shit that is not at all in the movie like the procession of the homosexual sex slaves and their owners
>>
>>82556039
>but 95% of people would not be willing to actively inflict that suffering upon someone else in the same scenario.

Who says they're acting the way they are simply to inflict suffering on someone else? They're acting in order to survive, and in order to build a new social order that allows them to do so. Harsh hierarchies and cannibalism are part of that when every single tree has withered or turned to ash and you're running out of conserved food.
>>
>>82556039
>but 95% of people would not be willing to actively inflict that suffering upon someone else in the same scenario.
Source, or are you just making that up? Protip: you are.
>>
>>82556068
Those slaves were changed into being trapped in a cellar instead.
>>
>>82556039
you are incredibly fucking naive dude
>>
>>82556095
those are cannibals

I'm talking about the procession of gimps dressed up in bdsm gear and shit
>>
OWW MY LEGS
>>
>>82556130
I don't remember them being homosexuals. One of them was definitely pregnant.
>>
>>82555755
The Boy was born after the apocalyptic event, so its about eight years in.
>>
>>82556039
95% of the people will just go alone to get alone if the leaders say we eatign people they will follow
>>
>when I saw this in theaters somebody brought their kids

>>82556130
in the book they're described as catamites
>>
File: feelsbatman.jpg (6KB, 238x250px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbatman.jpg
6KB, 238x250px
>tfw no big budget post-apocalyptic drama TV-series without retarded shit like aliens or zombies
>>
>>82556039
>Humans are generally good people.
No. We're not. We need social mechanisms in order to protect and allow the good people to thrive.

I lived in and worked in China. You hear stories about what happens there in the West but you don't fully understand it until you're there, talking to the people who live with it and how those who oppress them justify it. People are smart, and enjoy the things in life, but sometimes you're standing there and I felt like I just witnessed pure evil.

I can only imagine what it's like in some shithole in the Middle East where whatever happens in prisons and such go undocumented. I cannot imagine what Saddam Hussein's sons did to people.

The Road is a place where the social protections for "good" people are gone. Certainly the people in The Road can continue to be charitable and protective of each other, but what they inflict upon those outside the tribe well, we all see that. It's like ISIS, those people do not think of themselves as evil, in fact, they think they're the most righteous in what they do, just like what I saw in China.
>>
I like this movie but the premise is too flimsy. A lot of people think that as soon as modern society crumbles we'll all become roving cannibal bandits but I figure that the human need to form social groups and the security they bring is stronger than our more primal instincts, which is why we've been able to create modern society and haven't spent the last 100,000 years as retarded cavemen.

I guess that maybe whatever destroyed civilization did so to such a degree that rebuilding it is impossible, but there are scenes with grass and healthy looking trees (which is a pretty weird contrast to all of the scenes with dead trees) whose land could be used for agriculture. It doesn't make sense that people would so eagerly give up the benefits of civilization, like not having to worry about what to eat tomorrow, or where to get shelter, or bandits coming to murder you, just so they can eat some people and get some rape slaves. And if the whole world is at the stage where people can't grow any food then everyone would have already died of starvation considering The Boy is like 6 or something.

Maybe it would make sense that people are fighting over meager resources left, but we don't see that in the film, just bandits and cannibals seemingly content to just chill out and be evil monsters.
>>
File: 1477086985999.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477086985999.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>82555345
This is basically a 1 to 1 adaptation of the book. With the exception of the fetus scene.

I knew the basement scene was coming, but was surprised at how faithfully they adapted it from the novel. Haunting shit. On top of that the film is visually stunning, I'm still not sure how some of the shots got done. It's not CGI....so what did they have a whole crew just destroy a countryside just to make a few scenes?

I must be ignorant, but it's a powerful film up there with Threads, and if you like No Country it's certainly a book worth reading.
>>
>>82556081
>>82556111
He's really not. I don't think 95% of people is an accurate number, but could you see some teenaged Stacey killing someone else for food? Could you see almost ANY woman doing it? Its not a matter of morality, its a matter of guts and most people don't have it
>>
>>82556208
chinks are subhumans though. they lack empathy
>>
>>82556297
>It doesn't make sense that people would so eagerly give up the benefits of civilization, like not having to worry about what to eat tomorrow, or where to get shelter, or bandits coming to murder you, just so they can eat some people and get some rape slaves. And if the whole world is at the stage where people can't grow any food then everyone would have already died of starvation considering The Boy is like 6 or something.
What is Africa
>>
>>82556076
theres quite a leap between canabalising your dead and keeping people locked in a cellar and cutting off an arm or a leg every time you want a meal
>>
>>82556207
Into the Wasteland could maybe fill those criteria.
>>
File: msh.jpg (538KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
msh.jpg
538KB, 1200x800px
>>82556320
>so what did they have a whole crew just destroy a countryside just to make a few scenes?

they filmed around mt st helens
before snow fall most deciduous forests look pretty grim,
>>
>>82556208
chinks aren't people though, so it's not the best example
>>
reddit movie
>>
>>82556208
So basically waht you're saying is that only Europeans Whites are actually 'people'. Kinda fucked up, but makes sense.
>>
>>82554765
>muh boy is god

Just because he came out of your dick doesn't make him divinity you deluded fuck
>>
>>82556297
the premise is that there is no more food

what then?
>>
>>82556337
A lot better than the setting of The Road.
>>82556501
Then people would have died years ago.
>>
>>82556297
Sorry to say that your entire post is based on a faulty premise, which you even acknowledge yourself at the end but just dismiss out of ignorance. There is in fact no nutritious vegetation left on the planet. The unspecified catastrophe has hit the Earth has ruined plant life permanently. As for the time scale, some canned food does in fact last 6+ years. Go to your local supermarket and find some canned tuna and see for yourself.
>>
>>82556574
that's just it the vast majority of people did die years ago
you are watching the last stragglers
looking for every last rusty can of beans forgotten in a cellar
eating the remaining survivors if they can
stumbling into oblivion
>>
>read the book and watch the film in high school
>get to the dog at the end of the flick
>girls in class start talking about how they would have ate the dog

man's best friend indeed
>>
>>82556652
was she a chink?
>>
File: kurtwagner.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kurtwagner.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
boy grew up to be nightcrawler
>>
>>82554765
How about you contribute more than one word to the thread you fucking baboon?
>>
>>82556608
Yeah it lasts, but how much canned food do you think there is in the world? What were the Father and The Boy eating for the half a decade or so they were alive? Even if they had an entire aisle of canned tuna they would have run out of it after about three years, assuming the thousands of other people in the town just let them take all of that food for themselves. For them to have survived as long as they did there must have been some food production going on, but for whatever reason either that stopped being feasible, which it wouldn't have as nature returns over time, or everyone just gave up on that for some reason.
>>
>>82554765
Read the fucking book. The movie is not a great adaptation and they remove the baby roast scene.
>>
>>82556686
nope. teacher agreed too what a bitch. yeah the premise was flimsy and only got added to offer a little more hope at the end. but a good dog in that scenario would offer companionship and plenty of utility instead of a temporary caloric boost.
>>
>>82556320
I read this book 8 years ago in highschool and dont remember any scene where they eat a fetus. Describe it more.
>>
>>82556801

ur fetish?
>>
>>82555860
Keep a small fire burning; however hidden, however small.
>>
>>82556761
edgy
>>
>>82556761
The book is the worst of McCarthy's Ive read. But its a very short read, so its not really a loss either way. And he describes the dark as autistic, so there's that. But manage your expectations
>>
>>82556039
Read Arno Schmidt Leviathan. Or Updike's Toward the End of Time.
Deers = tender-faced ruminants. He is a narcissitic prick, but damn he does put out some beautiful prose every once in a while
>>
File: Here_Alone_poster.jpg (295KB, 500x760px) Image search: [Google]
Here_Alone_poster.jpg
295KB, 500x760px
youtube.com/watch?v=bZxVPvCdDHE

Watched this recently. Not bad. First half reminded me a lot of The Road. Second half is 28 Days Later -ish. Low budget indie, but reasonably well done.
>>
>>82555555
>>
File: Everyone_Dies.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone_Dies.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
So what do you guys think happened to cause the apocalypse?
Personally, I think it was a major impact event that happened somewhere very far away, on the other side of the world
>>
>>82556608
>some canned food does in fact last 6+ years
They can last a lot longer than 6 years.

Asides from meat, as long as the vacuum remains intact there's no reason canned food can't last for decades. They still find canned corn from WWI that is still good to eat (though some of the nutrients had broken down and the taste was strange).
>>
>>82557791
hence the +
>>
>>82556801
I don't remember that scene either.

I remember the ayys tho.
>>
>>82555295
the book was the most disappointing thing i've ever read

told time and time again how amazing and dark it was, and it ended up being one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever read
>>
>>82555860
I like mccarthy, but this is the only one of his books I didn't enjoy... just seemed like he was dumbing it all down
>>
>>82557586
It was Drumpf obviously.
>>
I hate how McCarthy "doesn't believe" in using proper punctuation. Conversations between characters are just line after line of dialog, with none of them ever being attributed to anyone or surrounded in quotations. In The Road, I had to go back and read down the dialog chain multiple times just to count the lines and figure out who was saying what.
>>
>>82556736
awkward
>>
>>82557988
If you read more, you get used to things like this. The Road really is pretty forward. There are books that heaps and leagues above The Road, but all the more rewarding as well.
Just as your first steps with film didnt start with Bresson, you dont learn to read by working through novels of Gass or Gaddis
>>
File: feeling.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
feeling.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>82554765
>Will I see you again?
>>
>>82556801
The father and the kid see a bunch of other survivors passing by, one of them is a pregnant woman.

A few scenes later they come across them by a fire and they get scared off, and see a half-eaten new born baby roasting on a spit.
>>
Am I the only one disappointed with the lack of crazy cannibals tribes? The scene with them in the snow was goat
>>82558060
Suggest books, /lit/fag
>>
>>82556208
>We need social mechanisms in order to protect and allow the good people to thrive.

And who do you suppose came up with those social mechanisms to begin with? People. Goodness developed out of a vaccuum in the stone age and it's not just going to magically disappear when things get a little rough.

Honestly, fuck any author who touts that "humans are the real monsters" bullshit. It's something that a teenager going through an edgy self-loathing phase would say, not an individual who shows and receives compassion in his everyday life like a well adjusted human being.
>>
File: 1494264417035.jpg (65KB, 822x526px) Image search: [Google]
1494264417035.jpg
65KB, 822x526px
>>
Honestly one of the few films I've turned off without finishing, can't stand weak little kids that are a liability, he would've been better off shooting the kid and living in that bomb shelter for the rest of his life
>>
yeah the kid was really annoying. He was way too soft and too much of a whiny pussy for the world he had been raised in. I could maybe understand if he were like 8 years old, but he looked to be about 12. And this is coming from someone who thought the kid in The Babadook was a good actor
>>
>>82558257
>adjusted human being.
That's not what the story is about you mong
>>
File: Om.png (633KB, 550x432px) Image search: [Google]
Om.png
633KB, 550x432px
>>82558246
Not /lit/, bunch of pretentious lonely faggots sitting in their ivory towers jerking it to marxism.

McCarthy: Suttree and Blood Meridian
Denis Johnson: Jesus' Son
Kosinski: Steps
Borges: Fictions
Rabelais: Gargantua and Pantagruel
Tolstoy: Resurrection
Joyce: Dubliners (look up lit criticism on it, its way more intricate and complicated than illiterate people think)
Kafka: The Trial
Roth: Portnoy's Complaint
Celine: Journey to the End of the Night
Chandler: The Big Sleep
Barth: Chimera
Bulgakov: Heart of the Dog
Lem: Solaris
Junger: Storm of Steel
>>
>>82557882
thats how i felt about blood meridian
>>
>>82558609
Thats totally valid. Just because its critically acclaimed does not mean that you have to like it. I cant watch Tarr, even though he is seen as kino. Same for Bresson. What books do you enjoy?
>>
>itt edgy faggots pretending to be cannibals
>>
>>82554765
I want to live in comfy Road world.
>>
So at the end does the kid end up being eaten by the strangers who took him with?
>>
>>82559273
yes.
>>
>>82556723

Casting kids is always a russian roulette for their future lookins, some looks good, other looks goofie when they grow up.
>>
>>82555755
If I lock you in a cellar and don't feed you for 28 days, you will cut off your own hand if I offer you a meal for it.
If you think you won't, you're an absolute fool. People sold their children during the Great Depression in order to keep themselves alive. Last I checked that wasn't anywhere close to a world ending apocalypse.

This movie is still shit though.
>child is born and raise in an apocalypse
>child has clearly seen terrible things all his life
>child constantly complains about everything like he misses his Xbox toys
>>
>>82555677
Not really, its was value less. The world was absolutely dying and the point is that some people persist with blind hope and kindness along a path of total misery. Somewhat as a metaphor for how humans live in general. It wasnt ever meant to be good guys vs bad guys.
>>
>>82559617

>If I lock you in a cellar and don't feed you for 28 days, you will cut off your own hand if I offer you a meal for it.

Personally I'd still refuse, because you seem like a prick and I'd rather die than give you anything that remotely resembled vindication
>>
>>82556039
t. teenager

I have a wife and i would happily start chopping if necessary to keep her or family alive.
>>
>>82559617
It goes into a lot of length about how the child sees the world differently. He's still a child.
>>
>>82560437
shut the fuck up reddit child
>>
>>82557882
If the road was too dull for you you must be incapable of reading 90% of classics.
>>
>>82554765
>mfw I just didn't happen to watch this movie back when it came out even though I'm a Viggo fan and I just thought of it when I was playing Fallout New Vegas a week ago and thought I really should watch it
> now every other day there's aThe Road thread on /tv/

What's up with that?
>>
>>82558425
I just finished Solaris recently after loving the film. Now I feel like they are great companion pieces to each other.

The book spends a lot of time talking about the ocean phenomena and the science, and the film focuses mainly on the human and emotional experiences.
>>
>>82556018
Only in the case of TV shows. Why would it matter what they look like in 5 years for a movie?
>>
>>82556039

Poor lil boi. I hope only the best for you when shit hits the fan
>>
File: isabelaflorentine2.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
isabelaflorentine2.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
>>82556039

Yeah no.

Read a bit if history and you'll learn about what happens to humans when governments fall.

e.g.
- Russian Revolution between 1919-1959
- the Fall of the Roman Empire
- the Wild West
>>
>>82559273
I doubt it, it wouldn't really make any sense. Why would Guy Pearce introduce him to his wife and kids if he was going to kill and eat him?
>>
>>82560437
The point isn't that you're being tortured for some sadistic pleasure. It's that you'll do unspeakaby terrible things when on the verge of starving to death. You have no control over your body when you reach end stage death-or-survival moments like that.
>>
>>82554765
I think the movie is great but I wish that the movie ended when the boy accepts to go with the stranger on the beach. The whole family with the dog showing up was a bit too much imo.
>>
>>82556723
Looks like some dollar-store cos-play shit.
>>
this movie was fucking stupid
>oh shit i see someone better hold my gun towards my sons head
>*sniff sniif* will i ever see you again
>oh shit I see a fucking tree better hold my gun towards my son's head
>*sniff sniff* will i ever see you again
the fuck is this
>>
>>82556039
>but 95% of people would not be willing to actively inflict that suffering

When the 1% control everything, and their idea of a civilized world only has room for the next-richest 4%, then the rest of the 95% will be their slaves until they are dead and gone.
>>
>>82562049
haha yeah dude right on
>>
File: 1493060301817.png (349KB, 757x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493060301817.png
349KB, 757x632px
>He rose and stood tottering in that cold autistic dark with his arms outheld for balance while the vestibular calculations in his skull cranked out their reckonings.
>>
>>82556039
>in the same scenario

Why don't you test your 95% theory out and go live in Darfur for a while?
>>
>>82556067
This is important to remember. It's just not that the government has collapsed, or that a large amount of people have died. There's been a mass extinction event, and there's no edibble flora or fauna left, except maybe a few bugs. And after 8/9 years of this, almost anyone is about ready to do anything in order to survive.
I also think you people are forgetting about the effect the complete lack of sunshine would do to the human psyche. They're living in a dying world, and they can see it everyday. Most people wouldn't be able to handle that, and would either die (like his wife) or turn to animalistic behaviour, where nothing really matters except surviving day to dau.
>>
>LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENS: THE MOVIE

can't believe /tv/ tricked me into seeing this
>muh emotions = gud mobie
>dood walk into the woods and never seen again lmao
>let's not explain how the world got fukd

crap movie, dont watch it
>>
>>82554765
did they fuck?
>>
>>82556039
Im with you despite all these edgy fucks hating here. It kinda bothers me too about most of these post apocalyptic scenarios, is that no one actually tries to rebuild, get society on its feed and start functioning back from small groups, tribes, villages etc. Everyone literally thinks in short term, chopping up every human they can find, loot everything until there is no more. No one tries to find a mechanic, doctor, herbalist, chemist and fucking people with craft to try to stabilize the situation. Its all about, OH SHIT WORLDS ENDING LETS ALL BE EVIL AND EDGY AND FUCK HOW WE LIVED UNTIL NOW!
>>
My kid was eaten by coyotes so this movie really resonates to me
>>
>>82556755
>What were the Father and The Boy eating for the half a decade or so they were alive?
The earth probably didn't die immediately.
>>
>>82554765
It could be really great movie if not insufferable little shit which supposed to be girl I guess. He gonna die in this world anyway. I don't geit it. He was born in THIS world, not numale sjw america where everyone is a pussy. Why the hell he is so whiny useless shit?
>>
>>82557586
Either that or a supervolcano.
>>
>>82555774
/r/movies
>>82555975
/tv/
>>
>>82562301
I was once bitten by a caterpillar on the torso, so your post really resonates with me.
>>
>>82562331
Exactly. So what if he's only supposed to be 8? There are homeless 8 year old orphans all over the 3rd world at this very minute who are begging and working and surviving. This little tool grows up in a living hell and basically spends his time crying that he doesn't have toys to play with. It makes no sense.
>>
>CTRL-F "papa!"
>No results

Did ANY of you fucks actually see this movie?
>>
>>82558257
Yeah, people with a lot of social order to build on, social order which isn't always there and takes a long time to build. When everything breaks down it has to be built up again, and in the meantime you can see some of the most cruel and evil things done by regular people just trying to survive. You know, like the rest of nature. People like you like to forget we're just smarter animals.
>>
>>82562301
so he got wolfed down?
>>
>>82560484
no one cares enough about your worthless family to let them just kill you
>>
>>82559273
>>82559292
The boy is spit roasted by Guy Pearce who then smiles before licking his lips. The film ends with Pearce rubbing his fat stomach and laughing.
>>
>>82559273
McCarthy said it was his intentions but he couldn't write the end like that, it was too dark for him.
>>
>>82562484
does /lit/ unironically like The Shining?

I thought it was pretty shit
>>
>>82562301
My wife was bitten by a mosquito last fall, so your post really resonates with me.
>>
>>82562049

t. reddit
>>
>>82562592
You do realise he was not an orphan though, and was protected and cuddled from birth by his parents.
>>
>>82557586
fuck dinosaurs
>>
>>82556039

I am a Disaster Management officer and my research focuses on human behavior in major disaster situations. Aside from the fatc that in a world wide catastrophe on this scale 95% or more of the population would be dead, the remainder of people will only maintain their "humanity" for a few days before food and water needs take over their basic instincts. The thin veneer of society is the only reason you think that people are generally "nice". When the gloves come off people are not, and will kill you in order to take your shit, or in many cases because they are so on edge that they perceive anything that moves as a threat.

We are talking about a situation so traumatic that human behavior is rapidly forced to retreat to a very primitive state. Don't get your hopes up that people will be nice to you, because the longer you are alive the less likely the people you come across will be "nice".

A good case study on survival in a major societal collapse is Bosnia circa 1992.
>>
>>82563302
Speciest.
>>
Why didnt they just stay in the bunker and try to protect it?
Or maybe put up a trap inside it for the "people".
>>
>>82556067
>all that rotting wood
>no one thinks of farming mushrooms
>>
>>82555295
>Pa. Why are eggs breakfast?

>What.

>You can put bacon on lunch.

>Ye.

>But if you put eggs on stuff it becomes breakfast?

>The man spat and said the eggs are not for this world or from this world they come from the chicken but the chicken knows it not.

>He wiped his chin and spat.

Cormac McCarthy fucking sucks.
>>
>>82561677
To get the boy to come with him willingly. Abducting people ruins the meat because of all that adrenalin.
>>
>>82555345
Misery

American Psycho
>>
>>82555646
The books are usually always better, but Fight Club is one of the best cases where the book is an absolute piece of shit compared to the movie.
>>82557882
Get some fucking taste you pleb.
>>
>>82554765
How would you rate this movie, /tv/?
It has always had a close spot to my heart ever since I first saw it.
>>
>>82555295
mccarthy writes the cutest dialog
>>
>>82558671
i just read Zero K, very good imo

gonna read An Artist of the Floating World next
>>
Anybody here gotta survival plan for when shit goes down? I kind of want some pointers. Do I just become a murdering rapist or do I help people?
>>
>>82564575
you either become the rapist or live long enough to get raped
>>
>>82557914
The road is good but yeah. You can't compare it with the rest of his works.
>>
>>82564575
Yeah, get a gun.
>>
>>82555755
The Earth was more or less dead in the movie. You couldn't grow food, and the father was surprised to find living insects towards the end of the movie. I think it was hinting at the planet recovering.
>>
File: that'swhereyou'rewrong,kid.png (1MB, 1281x609px) Image search: [Google]
that'swhereyou'rewrong,kid.png
1MB, 1281x609px
>>82556652
I've had dog on a vacation in Vietnam. It's common over there. A dog offers more that just a food source which is why I imagine the family had it. If they fell on hard times, you better believe they would have chow'd down.
>>
Wow look at all the experts on both human nature and things that have never happened before
>>
>>82564575
buy bics
>>
File: 1488830732729.jpg (69KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1488830732729.jpg
69KB, 1280x738px
>>82558281
The kid was more or less his only reason for living. Keeping him alive gave his life purpose.
>>
>>82556039
In a white country tho.
Any race other than white usually go rapeville on everyone before the week ends.
>>
>>82555273
It was a passable little film based on a decent McCarthy short story.
>>
>>82556039
Too bad those most likely to survive the apocalypse are gun-toting bunker-dwelling rednecks that torture animals for fun.
>>
>>82555345
the mist, mostly because of the ending
>>
>>82563977
ahahaha is this really in the book? I can't remember. Could be
>>
>>82564575
Stock up on luxuries
>tobacco
>alcohol
>candy
>other junk food

Or things that will become luxuries
>shampoo
>soap
>disposable razors
>toilet paper
>chapstick
>basic medicine

You'll be able to trade for pretty much anything you need
>>
>>82567037
stuff like this has happened throughout history. It's what happens when there is a break down in social order. Imagine a complete breakdown in government, and local warlords and gangs prop up to fill the gap. Sometimes these places have crazy shit that happens to people. Somalia is a modern example of some of the worst that can happen. Now take a shithole like Somalia and deprive everyone of basic necessities and you can see some serious shit.

Here's a modern example of this shit http://www.naturalnews.com/040249_bosnia_preppers_survival_strategies.html

And if you want an example of cannibalism, look at the First Crusade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Ma%27arra

If you want another modern example of shit going bad, take a look at the recent Brazillian cop strike. Hundreds of people were murdered because the cops wanted to show everyone what would happen if they didn't do anything. I think the Brazilian military police units had to be called in to keep order.

Like, shit like this happens dude, whether or not you like to believe it. You have no fucking clue how good you have it living in a modern western society.
>>
File: comfyy.png (331KB, 400x570px) Image search: [Google]
comfyy.png
331KB, 400x570px
>>82567585
Lighters too.
>tfw I'm a post-apocalyptic 1%
>>
>>82555345
>>82555731
Hobbit trilogy
>>
>>82563915
/thread
>>
>>82557882
Jesus dude do you have to wear a special helmet to protect your weak and fragile mind from the day to day risks of sucking cock and eating shit for a living?
>>
>>82568033
Don't even joke about that anon.
>>
>>82568586
i like it wtf is your problem?
>>
>>82568635
My problem is your mouth on my cock you fucking FAGGOT
>>
>>82556039

Human morality is relative to the environment. In the event of an apocalypse are culture will be reset to hunter/gatherer and tribal warfare
>>
>>82559273
Yes why do you think they keep the dog around? It tracks people for them to eat
>>
>>82564670

kek
>>
>>82569754
Dang, that makes sense.
>>
>>82567496
I for one welcome our redneck overlords.

It would be totally worth it to purge hipsters, numales, tumblrina hambeasts, and the rest of the snowflakes from this earth.
>>
bought the road 20 years ago still havent finished it.
>>
>>82570269
The Road bought you.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.