[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The Matrix a perfect movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: matri.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
matri.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
Is The Matrix a perfect movie?
>>
no.

It was closer than most get though
>>
>>82551770
No, no it isn't. But it's a damn good action movie.
It's a shame it never got any sequels.
>>
>>82551770
Damn near.
>>
File: 1421895746395[1].jpg (16KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
1421895746395[1].jpg
16KB, 500x206px
>Seeing this movie for the first time
>Get to this scene
>Remember how Cypher warned Neo earlier that when he sees an Agent, he better run
>Oh fuck is Neo gonna run?
>He looks to the stairs
>Then turns around
>Oh SHIT
>Cue fifteen minutes of cinematic BLISS

I wish I was a kid again sometimes. There was nothing quite like this movie at 10 years old.
>>
>>82551770
reminder that the red pill was estrogen
>>
It's pretty damn good. They got so many things right. The phantom menace came out a few weeks later and couldn't even compete. And then the sequels revealed it to be a fluke.
>>
>>82551995
They did fuck everything up, it's like they were clueless about what made the first one work. They didn't understand that the whole sci-fi setting they built wasn't the point but just the framework to build cool action scenes. Nobody wants to hear more about your half-assed, misconstrued sci-fi setting.
>>
good, but it it was brought down by the fact that they made it an action movie. The idea is fantastic, they nailed the atmosphere, but it just devolves into endless fight scenes when the concept should really be above that
>>
>>82551770
yes it was,
and the ones who say no are filthy nu-males
>>
>>82552131

isn't there like 2 fight scenes in the whole movie?

>neo vs. morpheus
>neo vs. smith
>>
File: Babe.jpg (243KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Babe.jpg
243KB, 1000x1500px
>>82551770
Babe
Citizen Kane
Shawshank
Philadelphia Story
Red Turtle
The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Wall-E

Would I put The Matrix on this list?
Hmm.
I've really never thought about The Matrix that way.
Going to watch it again and see.
>>
>>82552131
>good, but it it was brought down by the fact that they made it an action movie.
Your head is ass-backwards, take the inventive camerawork, stylized action and spot-on saoundtrack and you're left with a really poorly written and developed sci-fi story. Hell, you end up with most of the movies they made after.
>>
>>82551990
Because of the sex change. I get it. I get it.
>>
1999 was a great year for kino.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_in_film
>>
Perfect? No. But as sci-fi action movies go, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>82552176
what about policemen scene, morpheus vs smith scene, elevator room scene?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.