[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell was this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: it is a mystery.gif (4KB, 650x220px) Image search: [Google]
it is a mystery.gif
4KB, 650x220px
Hey, I'm wondering if any of you folks might know this movie.
I saw it long ago late night on cable, back in the late 80s/early 90s or so, probably no later than '95. It was a science fiction movie with some horror overtones.
It was about this family living at this isolated farmhouse, and they're under attack by some kind of invasion, possibly from the future, or the fourth dimension, or something. Whatever it is, weird shit keeps happening, things appearing and disappearing, and strange things attacking them. The acting wasn't great, nor the writing, but I remember it being weird and creepy as fuck.
I also got the impression it was Canadian-made or something, but the damn station didn't identify the movie after it had started, and the local listings didn't say either.
Does this jog any of you guys' memory?
>>
>>82535116
Was it nightmare on elm street?
>>
>>82535116
Problem Child 2
>>
Alien Abduction Incident in Lake County?
>>
>>82535116
Deadly Invasion: The Killer Bee Nightmare?
>>
>>82535209

That appears to be similar, but it's bit late for the time frame, and not nearly weird enough. I'll have to watch that one of these nights, it sounds like a fun movie.

The one I'm thinking of was more like stuff out of the future or the fourth dimension than just plain old almond-eyed grey aliens. I do recall some sort of robotic floating drone thing at one point, though I don't think the movie was clear on what it was exactly.
>>
>>82535209
GREAT movie.
>>
>>82535116
I wanna say the ninja turtles movie...can't be sure though, because that one had turtles in it, and you didn't say anything about that
>>
Shit if we are doing this

>Was like 10 years old probably 1996
>Just got my first Holy Communion, went to the theater to celebrate
>Parents didnt look at whats playing
>LITERALLY NOTHING BECAUSE ITS FUCKING FEBRUARY
>Boring as fuck Romantic Comedy
>Ends up getting dark as fuck and they have to rewind time so that they don't die
>Ends with them hiding from a nuke in the Subway
>>
Critters
>>
>>82535688
cloverfield
>>
>>82535375
The second paragraph makes me think They live, but that's nothing to do with a family in a farmhouse.
>>
>>82535375
Xtro?
>>
Will bump thread with my own mysterious movies
Saw this one I imagine around 2007/08 while on holidays in Portugal, but it wasn't a portugese movie (i'm guessing it was US made)
I only saw the ending
>man diriving around on rural roads late at night
>only person he communicates with is a woman, i believe she was on the phone, possibly as a dispatcher or something but she was nothing more than a VO anyway
>guy is clearly on the run from something, no idea what
>at the end the woman basically betrays him
>he's sitting in his car, a man is seen approaching in the reflection of the window, and the woman says “I'm sorry”
black screen the end

also saw a movie when i was a kid
>something about a kid entering a video game
>the villain was a poorly cgi'd monster who looked like a pig or a bull i think
>the kid had a pet dog and cat who talked to each other in VO's but i'm sure their lips didn't move and they didn't talk to humans
>i think the dog was dumb and the cat was a wiseass and she called the dog “fuzzball”

As for OP, I guess Signs comes to mind but it also doesn't quite fit the criteria. The Strange and Deadly Occurrence is another possibility but that also seems to diverge from what you've described.
>>
>>82535688
Problem Child 2
>>
>>82535802

Nope, that's too scary, and too well-made.

>>82536191
>I guess Signs comes to mind but it also doesn't quite fit the criteria

Yeah, this might be something M Night Shamalamadingdong cribbed from when he made Signs.
>>
>>82536191
Toy Story
>>
>>82535715
This. Sounds like Critters 1 or 2
>>
>>82537670

Nope, Critters is way less weird than whatever the fuck this movie was. Critters is basically just a straight monster movie, this was more weird shit phasing in and out of our reality. A little bit like a low-budget 80s Event Horizon, set at a farm.
>>
>>82536191
Captain N.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.