[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1349x937px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1349x937px
What went wrong?
>>
>>82523988
>GotG 2
It was too stupid for a good audience.
>BvS
It was too good for a stupid audience.
>>
>>82523988
>>82525004
GOTG knows what it is and embraces that

BvS is Snyder's hard on for unsubtle Jesus symbolism tied up in a pretentious 'too complex for you' bow. He's basically insulting his own audience
>>
File: supermanincourtroom.jpg (37KB, 833x354px) Image search: [Google]
supermanincourtroom.jpg
37KB, 833x354px
>>82523988

This scene represents everything wrong with BvS to me.

If I were writing Supes I would never in a million years write him into such a position. This is a scene written by someone with a fundamentally wrong or completely missing conception of what Supes should be. He is the hero that *always finds a way*. He can't save everyone but you don't write him as an impotent boob, you show how he couldn't save 2 people because he was busy elsewhere saving 20. If you're forced to show even that.

And the scene was ultimately pointless. If it had a payoff maybe it could be justified but you get a moment of people thinking Supes bombed Congress then you're *told* by reporters that the wheelchair guy is now being held responsible. What was the point? What did this add to the movie? Why would people think Supeman attacked Congress with a *bomb*? It added literally nothing, it actively reduced the impact of Superman's death when you still had people believing he was a terrorist, and the only payoff was getting to show Supes standing in flames looking like a complete loser. Its infuriatingly awful.
>>
>>82523988
BvS tried to be too many things at once
GotG2 tried to be one thing only but failed at that
>>
>>82525176
This. Also, DC blows their wad early by a) Bringing up the Death of Superman storyline in the 2nd movie, before anyone had a chance to attatch themselves to the character, and b) setting up Justice League before actually establishing any of the members
What DCfags don't want to admit is that Marvel had an overall better set-up to its universe, while Snyder went in cock blazing without any forethought.
>>
>>82523988
>>82525274
Also, I think it's fair to point out that BvS had a MASSIVE amount of hype behind it. No one expected Redditors of the Galaxy pt 2: Electric Boogaloo to be great kino
>>
they are both awful
watch movies not made for chinese slave labor and little kids
>>
>>82525205
>I don't like my characters to be challenged
>I hate conflict that doesn't have a perfect solution
>I am mentally a child
Back to school, Junior. And nobody thought "Superman bombed congress". Fucking listen to yourself. You are a mental midget who can only take things at face value, apparently.

Although I will say if you only saw the theatrical cut, there were fewer justifications of the bombing scene than there were in the ultimate cut. In the original, the bombing served to escalate tensions between Superman, Batman and the general public, and to show that Superman invites a level of escalation with the severity of his unchecked actions, much like in Africa.

In the extended cut, Luthor is directly responsible for implicating and framing Superman for the deaths in Africa, and he was paying off people to testify against him. Senator Finch had found out and was going to reveal it.

>>82525274
>thinking Death of Superman is anything special
It was nothing but pandering fanwank in the comics. In the movie universe, the death is being used to humanize Superman to a world that had not yet accepted him, and to inspire a new age of heroism and the formation of the League. I really do prefer it. When was the last time you actually read Death of Superman? It's pretty fucking awful. I especially love the scene where Superman flies off in the middle of his fight to go talk to Lois because he's worried he might not survive the fight. Meanwhile, Doomsday is still fucking killing and destroying Metropolis. Way worse than any of the "unheroic" stuff everyone always accuses Superman of doing in MoS and BvS.

And I'm interested in WB's streamlined take on the movie universe. They may be rushing, but honestly origin movies are a fucking snoozefest.
>>
>>82525336
I think the exact opposite is true. People, (and by people, I mean RLM, because that was my only source for other people's opinions before I came here), thought BvS was going to suck, while I assumed people would love GoG2 because they loved the first one.
>>
>>82523988
One is a fun little movie that knows it's basically about people in bright and flashy costumes beating up other people in bright and flashy costumes.
The other one is a mess of a story which makes you wonder what kind of people would greenlight something like that.
>>
>>82525336
>No one expected Redditors of the Galaxy pt 2: Electric Boogaloo to be great kino
How is it doing, anyway? There doesn't seem to be a lot of buzz surrounding it. Are people finally getting tired of the MCU? Given the popularity of the first GotG, I figured there were three possibilities upon reception:
>People go crazy for it again, basically meaning the movie was more of the same formula
>People hate it because they change the formula and do something that triggers SJWs, which means it might actually be a good movie
>People don't talk about it that much and it does okay, which means it's probably actually bad
>>
>>82525575
>mess

i can see not liking BvS but calling it a mess reveals yourself as either an idiot or a pleb
>>
>>82523988
What's wrong with BvS? A lot
What's most annoying about it? The fans(See also: Shills)
How do >we fix it? Remove all DC fedora tippers.
>>
>>82525748
Okay. How does that relate to my post?
>>
>>82525827
>What's wrong with BvS? Not much.
>What's most annoying about it? The faggots who get triggered whenever people say they liked it.
>How do we fix it? Remove all assblasted Marvelcucks.
See, I can do it, too.
>>
>>82525660
It's made over $427 million so far and it's been out 3 days in the U.S. A little longer in Europe
>>
>>82523988
>What went wrong?
Console war /v/irgins on the board arguing about which flavor of shit is not as bad as the other.
>>
File: 1490233451461.gif (2MB, 389x415px) Image search: [Google]
1490233451461.gif
2MB, 389x415px
>that GOTG2 intro

so comfy. makes me want a space bandit group
>>
>>82526078
yeah, but (You)rs doesnt have any ground to stand on.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.