[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better, theatrical or SE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Which is better, theatrical or SE?
>>
Theatrical. SE is just for fans that want more backstory. Pacing is fucked.
>>
>>82519743
The one where all the kids kill each other
>>
>>82520465
Was afraid of that. Can only get the Special Edition locally here in Oz
>>
>>82520718
That's odd. The UK Arrow blu ray release should be region free if importing it isn't hideously expensive.
>>
>>82520760
Yeah, might do that
I think it's a licensing issue; Shock Entertainment had the TE out on DVD years ago, whereas Madman has the SE
>>
>>82520789
It's pretty ridiculous. The UK one is no longer region free, which is annoying. The box set I have is, but the single disc edition isn't.

Looks like you might have to indulge in a bit of "try before you buy".
>>
>>82520865
Wait, disregard that, it's region B locked, which I believe is Australia too.
>>
>>82520893
yeah, region's no problem, just rather get it nearby rather than waiting for it to ship over. Isn't the TE less bloody than the SE?
>>
>>82520926
It's been so long that I don't really remember, but it's still pretty bloody. I vaguely remember that it was, but if you watch the TE first you won't feel like you're missing out.
>>
>>82521020
It's also worth mentioning, if you aren't aware, that the theatrical cut is the director's cut. SE is just a bit of fan service.
>>
>>82521089
Then why do they call it the Director's Cut?!
At least it's not as bad as Blade Runner in that regard, I suppose.
>>
it's not a good movie regardless so it doesn't matter
>>
Is Battle Royale 2 any good? or even worth a watch?
>>
>>82521126
Money, probably.

>>82521130
It's not a masterpiece, but it's pretty fun. It's biggest downfall is thinking it's meaningful when it's actually very shallow.

>>82521137
No. NO.
>>
>>82520465
Worst part about the SE is the incredibly goofy early 2000's CGI WordArt title screen, it's looks absolutely fucked horrible.

I do love the scene at the end though when they win the basketball game and everyone is cheering, really fantastic bit of dark humor.
>>
Whichever is shorter.
>>
>>82519743
This movie was cool 15 years ago when it seemed unique to me as a Canadian teenager to have a bunch of kids running around an island fighting to the death in super gore fashion.

Pretty 'meh' in terms of entertainment once you've watched it and been on the internet another 15 years.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.