[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trek/: TOS edition in honour of our guy Bill Shatner >implying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: 1490358065306.jpg (49KB, 485x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490358065306.jpg
49KB, 485x465px
/trek/: TOS edition in honour of our guy Bill Shatner
>implying TOS and movies isn't the best Trek
>>
>>82517374
You're right. All 6 TOS movies have a redeeming quality.
>>
File: nod.gif (513KB, 276x208px) Image search: [Google]
nod.gif
513KB, 276x208px
>>82517374
>>implying TOS and movies isn't the best Trek
>>
>>82517374
D I S A P P R O V A L
>>
>>82517374
Voyage Home > Undiscovered Country > Wrath of Khan > Search For Spock > Motion Picture > Final Frontier
>>
>>82517434
> implying TNG is somehow not the best
r u ok?
>>
TOS has best crew, there's a reason that JJ trek just aped the old crew besides nostalgia. The banter between the main three just writes itself.
>>
>>82517374

Star Trek was bad assed because you knew that every episode involved either James T. Kirk kicking some ass, getting some space pussy, or partying with bones and the boys.

The rest has been shit. SJW faggotry.
>>
>>82517425

I still am not into that one with the whales much, There's just something about their version of the future trying to interact with the time the movie was made in that is ridiculous to me. It was the same as when voyager did that 90's two-parter. Time travel stuff just gets dumb after a certain point.
>>
>>82517613
For me the comedy is the redeeming quality in IV.
>>
File: 1438502830025.jpg (79KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1438502830025.jpg
79KB, 612x612px
My dad that fucking nerd likes Star Trek

What Star Treks should I watch on my own time to connect with him?

I also have frequent opportunity to watch it with him, are there any Star Treks where I should get up and leave if they come on?
That snout nosed doctor alien with the Mohawk seems like some bad Star Trek, but it might just be his person that I despise and not that series as a whole
>>
Bill, I know you're here. You may as well post a timestamp.
>>
File: 1449108982120.png (302KB, 512x511px) Image search: [Google]
1449108982120.png
302KB, 512x511px
>>82517613
>>82517650
IV is actually my favorite of the bunch.
>>
>>82517653
There's not really a good starting point for Trek.

TOS is a 60s TV show, and while that has its charm, a portion of the episodes are basically unwatchable and an even smaller portion are truly great.

TNG is widely considered to be the best Trek, but the first season is atrociously fucking bad, and most of the second season isn't much better. It's a chore to get through, but partway through season 2 it becomes some of the greatest TV ever made.

DS9 is one of the more consistent series, but is also not that representative of what the franchise is like. Some people also REALLY hate this show, for some reason. It's not a great starting point because it kind of builds off the idea you've watch Star Trek before.

VOY and ENT are bad.
>>
He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him!
>>
>>82517653

Watch The Next Generation and Deep Space 9. The original series is great, but not a good place to start in my opinion
>>
>>82517761
>ENT is bad
>:(
>>
>>82517653

Which series do you see him watching the most?
>>
>>82517794
To be fair I never actually watched enough of ENT to get to the supposed "good part". I'll get to it eventually.
>>
>The LA Times recently ran a story about the Child Exploitation Section of the Toronto Sex Crimes Unit, which contained a mind-boggling statistic: of the more than 100 offenders the unit has arrested over the last four years, “all but one” has been “a hard-core Trekkie.” Blogger Ernest Miller thought this claim was improbable. “I could go to a science fiction convention,” he explained “and be less likely to find that 99+ percent of the attendees were hard-core Trekkies.” While there may be quibbling about the exact numbers, the Toronto detectives claim that the connection is undeniable.

>In fact, Star Trek paraphernalia has so routinely been found at the homes of the pedophiles they’ve arrested that it has become a gruesome joke in the squad room. (On the wall, there is a Star Trek poster with the detectives’ faces replacing those of the crew members). This does not mean that watching Star Trek makes you a pedophile. It does mean that if you’re a pedophile, odds are you’ve watched a lot of Star Trek.

What did they mean by this?

And should this thread be reported to the FBI?
>>
>mfw the 'Commander tell me about your sexual organs' meme was Shatner all along

thank you based Captain Shitposter
>>
File: Confused Spock.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Spock.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>82517582
>The rest has been shit. SJW faggotry.
I think you're confused with a different franchise, Captain
>>
File: vietnaminhiseyes.png (597KB, 479x677px) Image search: [Google]
vietnaminhiseyes.png
597KB, 479x677px
>>82517524
>ywn go back in time to have these two as your first fap
>>
Piccard > cpt kuck
>>
>>82517761
>>82517770
Thanks lads

>>82517800
He will watch it casually when it's on, so that might be anything from original series to Picard and then beard captain or even the woman captain that got them lost in space and keeps making decisions to keep them there

I asked him what his favorite Trek was once, but I can't remember what is wishy washy answer was, but probably not Enterprise, I've never seen him watch that
Voyager maybe? It wasn't Picard Star Trek and I recall being surprised by that, sort of
>>
>>82517907
Nope.

TNG with Cpt Faggard? Sucked ass. Total SJW faggotry, as has been everything else that came after Star Trek.

A bitch captain? Please. The only idiots dumb enough to follow a bitch are other bitches and eunuchs.

The original series was based, and James T. Kirk was the best.
>>
>>82517825
I used to work at the US Attorneys Office and when a child-sex case got to trial we would always use peremptory challenges on sci-fi fans (especially Star Trek) on the theory that they were likely to sympathize with the defendant.
>>
>>82517825

I bet that fuckers were "next generation" fans, and not fans of the original.

TNG, and everything after, was SJW faggotry.
>>
File: 1200px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (63KB, 1200x724px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
63KB, 1200x724px
>>82518035
I said franchise anon. Not series.

Also TOS and TNG are the only good Star Trek series. You didn't even explain how TNG is SJW. What does that even mean?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.