[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This made me feel sad /tv

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 305x165px
This made me feel sad /tv
>>
good
>>
>>82511411
Now what do I do? :(
>>
He killed millions
>>
>>82511194
Wait why.
I watched it early in the year but I don't remember it making me sad at all. What struck you that way about it?
>>
>>82511766
The death of his wife is pretty tragic bro. Especially because of the contrast between jiros dream of building beautiful airplanes is about freedom vs the curse of nahokos tuberculosis, not to mention that the military obviously doesn't understand jiro and capronis vision of flight but only wants bigger bombers to blow us more cities etc.

Pretty tragic
>>
>>82511742
go outside
>>
>>82511931
Well yeah, I do agree with you. It's probably because of my alcoholism that my memory isn't that great. I also have tended to watch as many depressing movies as I could, I guess I had a taste for it even before I started drinking, so it's probably just a cumulative effect that this movie didn't stay with me as being really sad.
>>
File: C3o_DL5UYAAgiRA.jpg (147KB, 1200x921px) Image search: [Google]
C3o_DL5UYAAgiRA.jpg
147KB, 1200x921px
Only semi-related; I marathoned a handful of Miyazaki movies this weekend. Porco Rosso, Laputa, Nausicaa, Mononoke and Howl's Castle.

Howl's Castle was pretty meh.

Porco Rosso was great, but I like planes and shit so it was pandering to me, big time. The plot was weak, but let's face it, all of these movies have weak plots.

I've always heard Mononoke was the best, but I wasn't that impressed. Kind of boring and too long. Pretty, though.

Laputa was great, too.

Nausicaa was kind of awesome. It's weird that I never hear it mentioned with his greats, because I think it was his first and best attempt at the "misunderstood nature vs. abused power" theme that he kind of ran into the ground. Concept was cool, and the score was the best, without a doubt. The synth gave it a totally different vibe than all the generic orchestral stuff that followed. Also, based Patrick Stewart was in the dub.

Overall, I liked them, but they were all a bit shallow. What else of his should I watch?
>>
>>82512221
>all of these movies have weak plots
Not really.
I can say that Porco is actually one of my favorite Ghibli's though.
>>
>>82512221
Nausicaa sounds legit I'll check that out
>>
>>82512303
The plot of most of these is "something mystical is happening, bad organization wants to misuse power, but all they need to do is understand the magic!" I'm not saying it's bad, but they are simple. I feel like most of them would be better told as hour-long OVAs instead of 2 hour movies.
>>
File: mr anno.png (332KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
mr anno.png
332KB, 624x480px
>>82511751
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>>82512221
Watch Spirited Away

It's his magnum opus
>>
This movie is blatant WW2 propaganda, I don't know how anyone can feel sad for guy. Fucking weebs, man
>>
>>82512714
Actually, I did see that many years ago. I thought it was cool, but didn't really get it. I was 14 at the time, I think, so it could be due for a re-watch.
>>
File: Porco Rosso kissu.jpg (258KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Porco Rosso kissu.jpg
258KB, 1920x1040px
>>82512714
Porco is Miyazaki's best though
everything after spirited away feels a little sterile desu
>>
>>82512764
In anyway how is the movie propaganda?
>>
>>82512764
Japs have a fucked up view of WWII. They look at themselves as the victims, through and through. They like to pretend that they somehow were not responsible for allying themselves with literal Hitler.
>>
Did anyone see the dub? Is it okay?
>>
>>82513207
Based Keaton is good.
>>
>>82513207
Of what? Either way, Ghibli dubs are always top notch. Better than reading the subtitles in my opinion, since they re-write lines so they sound more natural instead of being direct translations of stilted Moonspeak, and they usually get pretty serious talent behind it. Also, the English actors are better at matching the lip flaps than the original Japanese. And in general, I found the sound design was improved, with better attention to levels and effects like echoes and such.
>>
File: 1494198739708.png (320KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494198739708.png
320KB, 500x500px
>>82513207
>>
>>82512764
There is literally nothing wrong about building awesome planes.
>>
>>82513372
some of the old ones aren't so great
tortoro had to be redone by disney and they completely re-wrote the cat character in Kiki
>>
The movie /pol/ will never understand
>>
Anyone know if there's anything wrong with the blu rays of Ghibli films?
Kinda wanna watch some Ghibli, but I don't want to splurge on a blu ray if it's shittier.
>>
>>82514518
>mega . nz // #F!09BkDTAK!ATXIRdbKL-T1ofaLkcbsFw!B9ZXjaAC
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.