[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arnold movies were the capeshit of the 80s People decided on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: arnold.jpg (154KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
154KB, 1920x1040px
Arnold movies were the capeshit of the 80s

People decided on what movie to see and they were like, "Arnolds in it! That means its FUN and easy to understand so I can make out with Chad and not miss anything", so they keep getting made to the dismay of film connoisseurs. "Commando" was not a good movie by any metric, yet you see these small cocked wide hipped millenials glorify it as some sort of lost gem of masculinity, the same type of people who hangout on sites like /r/theredpill or fitmisc.
I wonder if when the west inevitably turns full authoritarian people will look back and miss the good old superhero movies like guardians of the galaxy, a foregone time when fun was allowed.
>>
>>82496212
>I wonder if when the west inevitably turns full authoritarian people will look back and miss the good old superhero movies like guardians of the galaxy, a foregone time when fun was allowed.
Yes. And I agree with you. Except that Commando is legit kino and it just shows you never saw it.
>>
Yeah except they were good
>>
File: arnold.jpg (94KB, 1024x773px) Image search: [Google]
arnold.jpg
94KB, 1024x773px
>>82496212
Disagree. Comic book movies attract a completely different crowd than the Arnold movies.
>>
>>82496212
Nah. Most of Arnold's 80s output was hard R violent.
>>
there are no capeshit movies as good as predator
>>
>>82496212
Arnold only made 2 movies per year, tops.
>>
>>82496212
>Arnolds in it! That means its FUN

It means it's violent and gratuitous.

> capeshit

PG-13 trash for children.

You're too young to remember, but there was a time movies were made for an adult audience. They later figured out they could change this since people were becoming stunted and it was suddenly okay for 30 year olds to read Harry Potter and praise a book series for kids as a literary masterpiece.

You can laugh at the idea that 80s movies were intellectual, but then Hollywood hasn't been able to make something approaching the mix of social criticism and entertainment like Total Recall or Running Man, they have to recycle these movies and still can't make it punch like it did in the 80s.

The only thing that comes close lately is Dredd.
>>
>>82496212
No one says Commando is great they say it's entertaining which is true. As brainless and low effort as films like this can be they still possess more charm than capeshit ever could.

Also the entire capeshit genre is yet to produce a classic film on par with Predator or Terminator 1-2
>>
File: capeshit from 200 AD.jpg (28KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
capeshit from 200 AD.jpg
28KB, 300x280px
>>82496661
It was different times, besides that they're basically the same

if you an example further back in time: The Coliseum
Plebs went to Coliseum to see live action gore, that was easy to their brains to understand. Patricians went to theaters.
>>
>>82497407
Roman theatre was literally "dude, biggus dickus, lmao"
>>
File: 1492081746278.jpg (26KB, 150x188px) Image search: [Google]
1492081746278.jpg
26KB, 150x188px
>Conan the Conqueror got canned

Just end my suffering
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.