[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they really that bad/worse than the original trilogy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: pre.jpg (62KB, 970x512px) Image search: [Google]
pre.jpg
62KB, 970x512px
Are they really that bad/worse than the original trilogy?
>>
>>82485669
Ep 2 definitely is. Ep 1 I think is underrated and Ep 3 is a guilty pleasure.
>>
>>82485734
>Ep 3 is a guilty pleasure.
To me the most enjoyable of all prequels. The dialog was serviceable enough and the music was gorgeous.
>>
by all measures yes

but episode 3 is my shit so idk
>>
>>82485847
episode 1 for me. it's a disaster of a script, but Lucas gave a carte blanche to a bunch of really talented designers. episode 2 and 3 were far less creative visually.

3 is the best from a story structure standpoint, but it's a bunch of unlikable characters at their least likable and is trying way, way too hard to be deep and meaningful. i just don't find it entertaining in any way.
>>
>>82485669
Yes. It's really difficult to live up to the original trilogy. However, they are better than 99% of the movies out there. Personally I think episode 1 is the worst, and episode II and III are substantially better. Episode I had shit characters, and then as the story focused more on Anakin, we got more of what made Star Wars, Star wars - the characters.
>>
No, everyone is just being contrarian because they watched redditlettermedia's reviews.
>>
>>82485669

Attack of the Clones is the biggest pile of shit in cinema history ever. No idea why Phantom Menace is shitted on constantly by the mainstream when Clones is more of an insult.
>>
File: qt.jpg (40KB, 599x591px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
40KB, 599x591px
They had best girl
>>
>>82487838
nah, Attack of the Clones is the best of the prequels. Sure the dialogue between Anakin and Padme is bad.... but everything else is fucking perfect.

-Best prequel score
-Best prequel effects
-Best cinematography
-Film is about the characters
-Christopher Lee
-The Empire of the trilogy
>>
>>82487817
yes, before RLM everyone loved the prequels. good call
>>
>>82485669
nah, they are all shit.
And don't give me that "hurr durr for the time they were made in herp derp, kino was different back then derpa derpa", because three words - Soviet Science Fiction.
Solaris came out 5 years before the space fantasy for children that you call Episode IV
>>
>>82487981
Also the best romance
>>
File: natalie-portman-21206.jpg (274KB, 1310x1718px) Image search: [Google]
natalie-portman-21206.jpg
274KB, 1310x1718px
>>82487981
Don't forget tummy!
>>
>>82487981
lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUDXdyRoQH4

ep2 is a sustained, unyielding stream of pure excrement
>>
>>82487981
AND FINALLY WE GET TO SEE YODA WITH A LIGHTSABRE SO EPIC BRO XD
>>
>>82488096
>>82488140
how is this any different that fluffy bears wining the war with the empire?
same cringy bullshit
>>
The prequels are so bad that I sometimes think George was just mocking his fans with them.
>>
>>82485669
Of course not, but /tv/ worships critics no matter what
>>
>>82485669
theyre truly fucking awful
>>
File: 1484080040633.gif (3MB, 265x148px) Image search: [Google]
1484080040633.gif
3MB, 265x148px
>>82485669
The movies are pretty bad but they set up a setting that had a lot of potential and was used well by more competent people.
>>
>>82487671
This is pretty accurate I'd say. 1 and 2 have pretty uninspiring stories. With 3 I get the themes and character developments that Lucas wanted to do but he either didn't have the talent to write it or got too caught up in the visuals and action to care. It could have really redeemed the prequels for me but I just don't buy anything going on, like anakin being "seduced by the dark side" or the republic becoming an empire basically on a whim. All the pieces fall into place because they have to, not from some believable transition with the characters.
>>
File: IMG_2513.jpg (18KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2513.jpg
18KB, 189x292px
>>82488453
>Dave Filoni
>Competent
>>
They're worse than the OT, better then the Disney movies.
>>
>>82488526

He did a pretty fine job within the limitations of Disney and the prequels.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.