[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robin Williams died due to starring in depressive movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1-106.jpg (280KB, 1065x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1-106.jpg
280KB, 1065x1500px
I saw this today. Man this was so depressing... I didn't understand the point of this movie anyway.

>First act: laugh at how goofy and sexually peverted Robin's son is
>Robin's son dies due to erotic asphyxiation and it becomes very depressive and emotional and feels like an incredibly different movie
Also the irony that Robin died the exact same way in real life. If Robin Williams was suffering depression; these movies that he starred in near the end of his life (a movie where he only has 1 day to live, a movie where he is in a loveless marriage) must have caused him to commit suicide due to how depressive they were.

Now THAT makes this movie even more dark and disturbing
>>
>>82482905

Bobcat is a fucking perturbate man
>>
>>82482919
who
>>
Nothing is more depressing than his movie One Hour Photo. I think the role allowed him to be able to be himself more and act less. I like Robin Williams, but I have no pity for people who commit suicide. Allowing yourself to become trapped in your own mind is foolish.
>>
that movie he did w/ simon pegg wasn't depressive at all
>>
wow thats real sad... maybe kill yourself
>>
File: lz8nQ1hbFcARzkwECpncCIhc5GG.jpg (53KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
lz8nQ1hbFcARzkwECpncCIhc5GG.jpg
53KB, 780x439px
>>82483024
Robin was by far a 10/10 actor when it came to very serious dramatic roles.

I am just trying to work out if these type of movies really affected him severely and is the reason he took his own life or if it was some other problem in his life or due to him suffering from early stages of dementia as is apparently reported
>>
>>82482948

The director, Bobcat Goldthwait
>>
>>82483024
What was that one movie where he was a homeless guy whose wife got shotgunned in the restaurant because the shockjock was talking shit? I just remember it was in a collection of unlabeled VHS tapes in our old movie library, along with Look Who's Talking Too and Prom Night.
>>
File: Chris Morris.jpg (33KB, 220x302px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Morris.jpg
33KB, 220x302px
>>82482905
He didn't die of erotic asphyxiation, you fucking ingrate. He hanged himself to avoid his family havintg to look after a decrepit old man who wouldn't even remember his own name within a year, due to an advanced case of both dementia and Parkinson's disease.

Jesus fuck, some of you cunts are the dumbest idiots. It stuns me that you even know how to god damn breathe.
>>
>>82482905

I don't see it like that. I think the movie was a nice release for him, a way to bring poetry to the shit he had going on IRL. It may have helped delay the inevitable. Poor Robin, mental degradation's a hell of a way to go
>>
>>82483107
he was always depressed and used comedy/cocaine as a way to hide his true feelings
>>
>>82483024

>but I have no pity for people who commit suicide. Allowing yourself to become trapped in your own mind is foolish.

literally and unironically kill yourself. i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were baiting.
>>
File: tumblr_lyog9aa2a81r8e3qzo1_500.png (213KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyog9aa2a81r8e3qzo1_500.png
213KB, 500x270px
>>82483110
This movie was just seriously weird

>Robin's son made jokes about wanting to fuck girls in the ass
>When Robin starts having sex with that teacher at school and after his son has committed suicide: the teacher begs Robin to fuck her in the ass (because all secrets of Robin's son have been revealed after he died and everyone considers his son a saint due to Robin making up a suicide note yet so many scenes in this movie are really bizzare and weird).

I was expecting Robin to wake up near the end and find him realizing that it was all a dream and that he never made up a suicide note for his son and the whole school did not consider his son a saint and all those events never happened.

That would have made the movie make sense.

I guess this is meant to be some sick toilet humor movie about griefing when someone dies but it is just so bizzare.

Still the movie is really really disturbing and dark watching it post - Robin
>>
>>82483185

Oi you spastic cunt

He's talking about his son in the movie that dies from it
>>
He died because his ex wives raped him financially
Marriage is a scam
>>
>>82483185
>He didn't die of erotic asphyxiation
I never said that you fucking idiot. Are we talking about Robin Williams here?

Where in my post did I say that? I was talking about the son from the movie he starred in

>He hanged himself to avoid his family havintg to look after a decrepit old man who wouldn't even remember his own name within a year, due to an advanced case of both dementia and Parkinson's disease.
Literally what I said that perhaps dementia played a role in him killing himself

btw, he was falsely diagnosed with parkinsons when they mis-diagnosed his dementia.
>>
File: uerrrp.png (2KB, 244x226px) Image search: [Google]
uerrrp.png
2KB, 244x226px
>>82483296
>Robin's son dies due to erotic asphyxiation
>Also the irony that Robin died the exact same way in real life
>inferring that Robin Williams was seeking sexual pleasure when he hanged himself
>>
File: carrey281.jpg (98KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
carrey281.jpg
98KB, 600x800px
>>82483213
Almost all comedians are depressed ironically. Drew Carrey stated in an interview that he felt like killing himself early in his life. He even made a joke about "hanging himself" on a Whose Line blooper reel. That was pretty dark knowing his mind

>tfw Jim Carrey is probably the most messed up person
"Have you thought of my dick today?"
>>
>>82482905
Have you seen "What Dreams May Come"?
>>
>>82483360
He didn't.. Robin just got the idea to commit suicide in the same way the guy did in the movie

you can find the autopsy photos online but no way am I posting that
>>
>>82483419
>After he dies in a car crash, a man searches heaven and hell for his beloved wife.
Never seen it. Sounds like it will be a good movie
>>
>>82483135
The Fisher King, directed by Terry Gilliam.
>>
>>82483135

The Fisher King. It's great.
>>
>>82483249
You spend too much time typing. I don't think suicide is a joke, I just have no pity for it. Just like I do not pity those who put their hands under hot water and shout OUCH
>>
>>82482905

The movie is a commentary on a bunch of things:

The love for a father for a son, even when the son is a pretty unlikeable person

Building up an idealized image of the son to hide both the son's failings and his own as a father and writer

The mawkishness of people 'coming together after a tragedy' and the irony in people who didn't give a shit when he was alive pretending to care now
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.