[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 11

File: watchmen_poster_2_by_nuke_vizard.jpg (427KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen_poster_2_by_nuke_vizard.jpg
427KB, 900x1273px
What went wrong?
>>
>>82481154
> cringe inducing obvious soundtrack choices
> hack snyder slavish devotion to raping comic from his childhood
> dr. manhattan full nudity made the audience laugh when i saw it. literally laugh out loud

honestly it was a poor choice for a movie adaptaton
>>
>>82481154
Nothing. Greatest capeshit film of all time.
>>
Zack Snyder
>>
It was better than Marvel and shills have a bad time dealing with it
>>
Everything was really over the top.

Still like it though.
>>
-Spends too much time on violence
-Ozy to villainy, not sumpathetic.
-misses smaller cool parts of the book, shoulda been a mini series.
-nipple suit
-too much slow mo, other standard snyder problems.
-visuals real dark, comic utilised colour interestingly.
+Jackie Earl Hayley is good.
>>
no squid
>>
>>82481190
the swinging dick was the best part, you should have gone at a time where adults go to the movies not the kids

>>82481251
this
>>
>>82481190
>dr. manhattan full nudity made the audience laugh when i saw it
>nudity is hilarious
>nudity is sexual
>nudity is a taboo
Americans everyone!
>>
>>82481190
none of this is true btw, you'd complain if dr.manhattan didn't show his dick
>>
>>82481190
The soundtrack is fucking cringe, it's bad, I'm gonna hang myself now. Need to forget.
>>
>haha GotG invented the pop song soundtrack in capeshit
>haha fox invented risky R-Rated capeshit
Based Zack putting plebs in their place
>>
>>82481251
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ&t
M-marvel will surpass this very soon y-you'll see
>>
>>82483566
go listen to the miami vice (2006) soundtrack
>>
>>82481267
The novel was very much a product of the early 80's, before all superheroes went dark and violent and angry and 90's EXXXXXTREEEME!! The book also had 30 years of influencing comics and superhero movies, so some of it seems like Watchmen is ripping off stuff from other movies. When in fact it's the other way around.
>>-Spends too much time on violence
The book had some graphic violence, and part of the point of the novel was to get away from the BAM! POW! OOMPH! fighting that people were used to from campy cheesy superheroes
>>-Ozy to villainy, not sumpathetic.
This. They telegraphed him as the villain way too much.
>>-misses smaller cool parts of the book, shoulda been a mini series.
Apart from the squid, they did a pretty good job of interpreting the novel. Some versions even have the Black Freighter conic included as animated scenes.
>>-nipple suit
Again, Watchmen is meant as a parody of superheroes. So a Schumacher-like suit for Nite Owl and Ozy make sense.
>>-too much slow mo, other standard snyder problems.
Standard Snyder problems.
>>-visuals real dark, comic utilised colour interestingly.
True
>>+Jackie Earl Hayley is good.
Very true. I just reread the novel, and he elevates Rorshach above the book. Even the "you're locked in here with me" line is done "off-camera" and only mentioned in a text box.
>>
>>82481190
>> cringe inducing obvious soundtrack choices
You know a lot of those came right from the novel, right? It quotes a bunch of song lyrics. And the rest is VERY appropriate for a movie set in 1945-1985.
Except "Hallelujah." Fuck that version of the song, fuck the scene they used it in, and fuck flamethrower ejaculation.
>>
>>82481154
They made a film instead of a minisseries

Simple as that
>>
>>82483504
All of these are true
>>
>>82484058
That version is by Leonard Cohen, the guy who wrote the song.
>>
>>82485234
I know that, and that it's the "original," but I'm not a fan of that version. That's my personal preference only. I don't like the song choice. Playing "Hallelujah" when a guy can finally get it up is just awful, though. Why not play Handel's Christmas version? Too on the nose?
Honestly, my favorite version of Hallelujah is John Cale's version that was in Shrek. Probably because it's the first version of it I heard,
>>
>>82481154
Nothing, it's kino as kino gets
>>
>>82481154
Needlessly violent and overly indulgent fight scenes
Badly done sex scene
Cutting the death of the original NiteOwl from the theatrical version
Silk Spectre's whole performance
The changes to the ending. I understand ditching the squid but having the attack be on the entire world instead of just New York was a needless escalation that made the idea of people coming together after way more unbelievable.
Ozy is just off. He's fine sometimes but his delivery isn't great for some of the major scenes
>>
>Silk Spectre was annoying as fuck
>Ozymandis was too much of a villain
>Pretty much all the B-plotlines from the comics were tossed out (in particular, the plotline where Rorshach drove the psychiatrist insane)

Jackie Earl Haley was easily the best part of the movie, but I also really enjoyed Jeffery Dean Morgan. Owlman was eh, but then again the purpose of the character was to showcase mediocrity, so it's good casting.
>>82484088 So much this
>>82484058 Didn't know whether to laugh or be angry at this scene
>>
>>82483955
>Watchmen is meant as a parody of superheroes
no it's not
apply yourself
>>
They released it in March with an R-rating so it ended up being a box office bomb
>>
>>82481190
>dr. manhattan full nudity made the audience laugh when i saw it. literally laugh out loud
the head was way too small
>>
>>82481251
someone had to say it
>>
>>82484058
>You know a lot of those came right from the novel, right?
Yeah, but trust it to Snyder to fuck it up anyway.

>you're my thrill is supposed to play during the fire rescue and sex scene because Nite Owl literally can't get it on with Silk Spectre until he becomes a hero again
>ride of the valkyries is mentioned by Hollis Mason in regard to his life, not fucking 'nam
>all along the watchtower was just an epigraph, not a "soundtrack" choice in the comic
>snyder decided to use 99 luftballoons instead of neighborhood threat by iggy pop
>>
File: dr mannhattan mars.jpg (186KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dr mannhattan mars.jpg
186KB, 1280x1024px
I still think Dr Mannhattan should have refused to come back to earth, he doesn't even do anything and it doesn't make sense for him to come back because "dude life is a miracle lmao"
>>
>>82481154
zack snyder publicly said the only reason he was interested in watchmen is because he thought superhero movies needed more rape and murder. he had no interest in the ip outside letting him make a movie like that.
>>
>>82487394
and yet its still better than every single Marvel Movie. Even the beloved Winter Memester Redditors of the Galaxy
>>
>>82487454
>[autistic screeching intensifies]
>>
>>82487304
I've forgotten how it works in the movie, but in the comic he returns because he learns silk spectre being the daughter of the comedian means humanity is possible of changing for the better in ways he never expected. He still leaves probably for forever at the end.
>>
Alan Moore is a satanist. All his comics have some underlying message about Satanism and the new world order. V for Vendetta is cringe/edgy as fuck and Watchmen isn't much better.
>>
>>82481154
Snyder is a dumb hack who's obsessed with hella f*cking epic action. He didn't understand many of the key themes of Watchmen and as a result over stylized everything. Snyderfags will insist this film is proof Snyder is deeply intelligent and philosophical but all of the smart stuff that's in the movie is ripped straight out of the comics.
>>
>>82481251
/thread
>>
jerked off to the hallelujah sex scene like every day, fuck malin akerman is hot
>>
>>82481251
>>82483420
>>82486960
>>82487836
Fucking pathetic, Watchmen isn't even related to the DCEU. Zack Snyder is a hack and deep down you all know it. You bitch and moan about Marvel because there's no other way to defend Snyder.
>>
>>82481154

Nothing. This, V for Vendetta and Sin City are the only comic based movies on recent memory that are actually good movies. (okay, and now Logan)

And i am not talking about stuff like winter soldier which is good for a cape movie, i am talking about actually good, memorable movies.

Both main DC and Marvel suck ass and what SONY does is mostly shit. Logan was either an exception or a fluke we should all be thankful for but that's about it.

> INB4 but muh Dark Knight

Shut your trap Nolan fan. Yes, DK was kind of ok, at least the first and second one where but for all the things those nailed as stand alone movies they failed to capture a lot of what Gotham is and what Batman is because of that "real world" angle they used.
So far the only actually good Batman films are animation... the rest are just missed opportunities.
>>
>>82487976
yes, we get it, you saw them when you were 12.
>>
>>82487940
It's still kino you shill.
>>
>>82487940
Watchmen is still better than the entire MCU combined though
>>
>>82481154
>What went wrong?
Basically everything.

>>82481190
This 2beeeich pham.

>>82481251
Just because it's better than a barrel of shit doesn't mean that it's not no longer a bucket of piss.

>>82481267
Forgot:
- Despite dropping a ton of stuff still way too fucking long for a single movie
- PACE OF MY LOVING SHITGODS THE PACE

>>82483955
>The book had some graphic violence, and part of the point of the novel was to get away from the BAM! POW! OOMPH! fighting that people were used to from campy cheesy superheroes
Thing is - movie only achieved the BAM! POW! OOMPH! thing.

>This. They telegraphed him as the villain way too much.
Not too much - original spent even more time on that. They just it very clumsily.

>Again, Watchmen is meant as a parody of superheroes
>parody
rreeee~

>he elevates Rorshach above the book
I remember the cool "Tell me now doctor - what do you see?" scene that was not in the original, but Rorschach also lost more scenes that anyone else - graphic novel focused on him the most.

>>82487304
Him leaving was what left of his inner autist going "RREEEEEE NORMIES GIT OUT". As he got a hold of himself and went back to behaving like an entity a few hundred tiers above humans should, he realized that objectively there is nothing more complex and interesting than human life in the observed universe, and him getting "tired" of it is nothing more than bitching.

>>82487618
>Alan Moore is a satanist
You're saying that as if it's something bad.

>V for Vendetta is cringe/edgy
Why are you mentioning Moore when talking about the movie?
>>
>>82488231
Yes, its a lot easier to defend something by comparing it to something else.
>>
>>82488400
>Yes, its a lot easier to defend something by comparing it to something worse.
Don't thank me, fixing posts is the only thing that brings me pleasure
>>
>>82486789
>Ozymandias was too much of a villain

This was one of the biggest problems with the movie. The second that Veidt started talking he seemed like some sort of bombastic Bond villain, and they made no effort to develop him into a sympathetic character; he was totally one dimensional. From the comic, I got the impression that he was genuinely charismatic and compassionate. In the movie, he just seems like a douche bag
>>
>>82483955
>novel
>book
>novel
>book
It's a comic. Stop being embarrassed of it.
>>
>>82488436
>From the comic, I got the impression that he was genuinely charismatic and compassionate. In the movie, he just seems like a douche bag
The awesome thing about his comic image is that he precisely walked the thin line right between "Genuinely All-around Awesome Guy" and "The Douche to Overdouche All the Douches to ever Douche".
>>
>>82488532
No.

As in, I won't stop being embarrassed of it.

You need to completely lack all and any self-awareness to not be ashamed of any form of association with the comic book industry.
>>
>>82487570
Neat, that makes a lot of sense.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>82488198
No it isn't, it's a subpar adaptation of a great comic. The action is ridiculous and the soundtrack is cliche.
>>82488231
Are you ever going to defend Snyder without bringing up Marvel? Oh wait, you can't do that since he's a total hack.
>>
>>82488435
>worse

no, else.

they're on the same level at this point, so by bringing up something completely unrelated it easy to distract from how utterly abhorrent and indefensible watchmen is.
>>
>>82487109
99 Luftballoons is a fucking fantastic cold war song, fuck you.
>>
>>82487570
in the movie they flub, hard, the comedian and silk specter 2.0 connection and instead manhattan focuses on how lots of sperm meet one egg to make purdy gurl
>>
>>82488634
And yet that medium produced Watchmen. Comics are literature. Get used to it.
>>
>>82487304
Why didn't more people throw themselves into the molecule ripping machine to get Manhattan's powers? I feel like this was probably addressed, but I missed the detail. It's a very big plothole otherwise.
>>
>>82481154
>the parts where th 50kg girl and the 45 year old guy beat up everybody.

>the part HackSnyder made a regular capeshit movie from a satyric comic about masked vigilantes making fun of the superhero comics that era by putting them in a realistic environment
>>
>>82481248

Thread should have ended here. That goddamn slowmo kungfu shit was embarassing
>>
>>82488765
they tried a few times and it didn't work and realized someone would have to be a legitimate genius already to even have a shot of reincorporating.

The US was all about throwing young kids into meat grinders for no real purpose. But geniuses are valuable!
>>
>>82488049

That's not an argument unless you are 12 right now... damn underage faggot.
>>
>>82488766
>satiric
>making fun
You didn't understand watchmen. It's not ashamed of its roots, but you can't understand that because you're a "mature" adult who only reads comics labelled as "graphic novels." Stick to movies, they're clearly a simpler medium for you.
>>
>>82488746
>And yet that medium produced Watchmen
No it didn't.

>Comics are literature
/co, you need to go back.

>>82488766
The original did not make fun of capeshit as much as it took a very dramatic and impressive piss all over the concept.
>>
>>82488847
>people liking, intensely, whatever they saw when they were 12, is not an argument because [completely incomprehensible]

its like clockwork, mang. Any time something shit but popular hits, people will, in general, refer to it as shit. Then about 4-8 years later, someone who saw it when they were 8-12 will start posting on 4chan about how its a misunderstood masterpiece.
>>
>>82488872
>No it didn't
What? You do know it was released in 12 COMIC issues, don't you? It wasn't labelled as a graphic novel. It literally is a funnybook.
>>
>>82481154
Needed direction
>>
File: 1458746840380.jpg (74KB, 264x299px) Image search: [Google]
1458746840380.jpg
74KB, 264x299px
Snyder took a deconstruction of capeshit and turned it into regular capeshit. He's a fucking idiot and if you like what he did you either haven't read the comic or you completely missed the point of the comic.
>>
>>82488765
super hero origin story 101

It usually only works once
>>
>>82488851
>It's not ashamed of its roots
True. It upfront admits it as it tears up it's progenitors' assholes in two.

Moore loves the medium in concept. He even loves the superheroes - in concept. Now, the capeshit industry in the state in which it was then and is now, he hates way more than Garth Ennis does - with a flaming passion.

>Stick to movies, they're clearly a simpler medium for you.
Movies largely being tresh does not excuse your favorite childhood medium from being also tresh.
>>
>>82488766
>he didn't get Watchmen
Lol
>>
>>82488916

I think this happens when people can't back up their arguments. I am not talking about objectivity about defining and evaluation criteria as opposed as just personal taste.

If we reach a consensus about the parameters to evaluate a movie we could easily solve this kind of issue... but that takes time and this is the internet.

It's easier evaluate by if the movie entertained you alone and just disregard every other opinion.

Marvel movies are fun but not particular good movies. I don't think that kind of reasoning could be applied to something like clockwork orange though.
>>
File: Skinner Pathetic.jpg (175KB, 818x503px) Image search: [Google]
Skinner Pathetic.jpg
175KB, 818x503px
>>82488872
Watchmen is a comic book

Only spergs who are too ashamed to admit that they like reading comic books call them graphic novels in an attempt to make them sound more aimed at adults than what they are.

War and Peace is a novel, so is 50 Shades of Grey. Just because one is trash and the other is a respected body of work, doesn't mean they aren't the same medium.
>>
>>82489642
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
It's fine. The comic had over the top violence and some characters are supposed to make you cringe. The ending makes more sense because the squid was a cop out. Ackerman is awful but that's about it, still on the top of this shitty genre
>>
>>82489829
I like the squid because it's a a dissection of the genre, so the villains plan being comic book as fuck makes perfect sense

I understand completely why they didn't go for it in the film though, even if their decision not to is still bullshit.
>>
>>82487510
Deal with it
>>
File: Christian Bale.jpg (127KB, 800x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Christian Bale.jpg
127KB, 800x1110px
>>82490078
It objectively isn't though.

Take Guardians of the Galaxy for example. The intent for that film was to be an irreverant light hearted adventure film that borrows heavily from classic films like Star Wars and Indiana Jones, and that's exactly what you get. You might not like the film, but it largely tonally at least acheives it's aim.

Watchmen is supposed to be an adaptation of a deconstruction of the superhero genre, but instead it's just another superhero film that gets more praise than it deserves because it so slavishly recreates so many panels from the comic, to a fault. The film misses the point of what it's supposed to be.
>>
My major problem with the movie was half of the characters

Rorshach, Dr. M, and Nite Owl were all played very well and consistent to the comic book.

But Silk Specter was literally just some hot chick, she didnt have the kinda badass bitch attitude from the comics. It was missing a lot of the romance between her and Dan, a lot of the turmoil between her and the Comedian. That made the final major parts of her story less powerful. It's like the opposite of what the book tried to do by making a strong female character and reducing it to leather bounds tits.

Ozymandias was terribly done. In the books he was looked at as a boy scout, everybodies friend, and an all around positive public figure. In the movie, he's basically Trump. Cold, fake, menacing right from the get go, leaving his reveal completely obvious.
>>
>>82483681
>starts movie up
>IVE BECOME SO NUMB!..
>closes laptop
>>
>>82491198
This. If memory serves, in the bit where Comedian interrupts their first crime fighters meeting and burns the map, Ozzy is the one who is all earnest about everyone banding together to save the day. In the film they give that to Nite-Owl. Though to be fair, it's been years since I read the book so I might be mistaken.

He should be a Richard Branson type, though less of a douche than him as opposed to a Trump type. A publicly charismatic person and all round nice guy because it gives him killing all those people at the end more punch
>>
>>82491938
It's not ozzy or nite owl who does that it's captain Metropolis.
>>
>>82492416
in the comic*
>>
>>82488231
>Watchmen is still better than the entire MCU combined though

The Avengers was a better Watchmen adaptation than The Watchmen by Zack Snyder.
>>
>>82491198

Zack the Hack cannot direct women for shit. Ozymandias was gay and so that also triggered him.
>>
The guy clearly is completely incapable of directing 2 actors standing in a room talking to each other. Basically every single scene in this film is mis-directed; the violence and the sex scene were all gratuitous without understanding why they were. Everything is shot with these plain, lingering middle distance shots which snyder basically uses indiscriminately, cluelessly and exclusively when there's nothing else going on worth shooting in slow motion.

It's less that he's made a lot of bad choices than that he simply is at a loss as to how to direct anything other than a copy-pasted image from the book. He just stuck it all in front of the camera and hoped it would all work out alright. I lost count of the number of visual and verbal ideas that were directly transposed from the original but just didn't work cinematically whatsoever. So many hammy lines, awkward set pieces and sets/costumes that just looked ridiculous.

And the ending didn't work at all. Moore's ending was one of the best things about the original. The Film's ending doesn't even make any practical sense.I could go easy on the film for its impressive visuals but fuck it, visuals can't redeem a film this bad and i thought most of the film was an eye-sore anyway. Too many computer-tweaked garish colours and indistinguishably badly lit shots. The audio was awful too. Maybe when snyder learns how to be a director he can rely on more credible Cinematic techniques than simply punctuating his action scenes with huge dynamic range.
>>
>>82492625
Hahahaha good one anon
>>
What makes the comic so memorable was how it utilized the medium to create a meta comentary on comics and their relation to the zeitgeist of the time. It also has so many connections between characters and important plot points fleshed out in the fluff material at the end of each chapter.
The movie doesn't have any of that. I didn't hate it, but its so inferior to source material that whats the fucking point.

Also, what kind of fucking hack needs three different edits of the movie to be released before you can have a definitive edition? Thats just poor filmmaking.
>>
It didn't need to exist
>>
>>82481154
It being cheesy as fuck broke it for me. The Comedian is just an edgelord killing innocents and raping Silk Spectre. It was so fucking cartoony. It tries to be "adult" just by including rape and gore while not using all the really interesting moral stuff from the comic.
>>
>>82483504
>Le nudity is not sexual

Fuck off with that hippie shit nigga
>>
>>82488746
>Comics are literature

They have fucking pictures mate. Because something has text in it doesn't mean it's literature. You don't call billboards or the back of the deodorant can literature
>>
File: Constantine Sun Readers.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Constantine Sun Readers.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>82493404
Billboards and the back of deodorant cans don't try and tell a story though.

As for comics being literature? Ordinarily I'd say of course they fucking aren't but then if you look at books like From Hell, Sandman or Maus, it's clear that merely lumping them with funnybooks and Garfield strips just doesn't give them the justice they deserve.

Comics are an odd medium.
>>
>>82493339
Nudity is the natural state of being my man. It's not sexual.

I'm no nudist, I have no special desire to wander about naked, but western society has such a hang up about nudity its unreal.
>>
>>82493119
This.
>>
File: 1486346504926.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1486346504926.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>82481154
Poor source material
>>
>>82495634
Says the animefag
>>
>>82481154

Everything. Worst capeshit I've ever seen.
>>
>>82494275
bein naked makes my balls feel vulnerable.
>>
Uh nothing? It was the comic save a few changes
>>
>>82481154
your shitty taste. I'll admit that the different ending take wouldnt really work out in the long run, and they shoud've stuck to the original ending. But overall the movie was still great.
>>
>>82481154
>What went wrong?
it's capeshit
>>
Nothing it was a damn good capemovie
>>
>>82495634
This is the most retarded opinion in this thread. The source material is fucking great, all of the biggest problems with the film are Snyder's fault. Snyder made the violence over the top slow-mo kung fu silliness, Snyder chose the cliche soundtrack, Snyder turned Ozymandias into a one dimensional mustache twirler, Snyder ripped out all of the interesting parts of Silk Spectre's character.
>>
>>82481154
The things that made the comic good don't translate to film
>>
>>82481154
Your brain being unable to comprehend the higher art of Zack Snyder is what went wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0436.gif (491KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0436.gif
491KB, 500x273px
>>82481154
Nothing. Zack just got mixed up with different mediums. Think of this film as the book that has moving images..... (笑´・艸・)
>>
>>82483673
I'm not even a fan of this movie, but even I will admit that that intro is one of the best scenes in all of capeshit.
>>
Budget was too high.
>>
>>82481154
It's so funny that we have a good movie adaption for fucking WATCHMEN and not Fantastic 4.
>>
>>82481154

To put it in the shortest possible way; the director didn't understand the source material, and didnt understand it was a deconstruction of the genre, not a paean to it.
>>
File: Here to help.png (1MB, 1890x1460px) Image search: [Google]
Here to help.png
1MB, 1890x1460px
>>82502177
Much like how he didn't understand The Dark Knight Returns when making Batman vs. Superman

Like pottery.
>>
>>82502177
It's impossible to make a faithful adaptation to Watchmen because the comic book genre has gotten darker between the release of the graphic novel and the movie. If Snyder understood the source material, then Watchmen would've been PG or PG-13 at best.
>>
>>82481190
I was surprised at how Billy Crudup's calm and soothing voice made Manhattan sound more powerful
>>
>>82502252

If you base it on the films he's made, it's really hard to imagine he did much beyond looking at the pictures.
>>
>>82481190
Yet it was one of the biggest comic movies that came out next to Sin City. Stay mad.
>>
Would the Comedian be better if all his lines were read in the voice of Carl from ATHF?
>>
>>82502350
Of the many problems this film had, casting wasn't one of them.
>>
>>82481251
Thank you, fuck MUHvel drones. The kiddie shit from Disney can only last so long.
>>
>turn a comic book series that critiques comic books into a movie
What the fuck was Jack Sniper thinking?
>>
>>82488995
>Snyder took a deconstruction of capeshit and turned it into regular capeshit. He's a fucking idiot and if you like what he did you either haven't read the comic or you completely missed the point of the comic.

all of the comics themes were clearly present in the film. Every single one.

Not even debatable.
>>
>>82481154
Your shit thread
>>
>Dawn of the Dead
>300
>Watchmen
I liked all these movies, and really don't see what the Marvel fanbois have against him. If not a good choice for someone like Superman or DC movies in general being to gritty or dingy. Blame WB for wanting to go in that direction.
>>
>>82502457
>kiddie shit

You mean the same stuff they've always done since their inception, and is the very purpose of their existence? Yeah, they're gonna keep doing that successfully forever.
>>
>>82502523
Where was the theme that real life superheroes would all be fundamentally fucked in the head?
>>
File: laughing tyrone.gif (3MB, 240x234px) Image search: [Google]
laughing tyrone.gif
3MB, 240x234px
>>82502523
>took out the squid
>took out most of the interesting subplots
>took out every interesting aspect of Silk Spectre's character
>turned Ozymandias into a one dimensional mustache twirler
>turned the action into "epic" slow-mo kung fu bullshit
>"all of the comics themes were clearly present in the film."
lmao
>>
>>82502638
Yeah, 10 years of mediocrity and the same safe formula. We get it. Mass consumption means they are good.
>>
>>82502523
t. Snyderfag who has never read the comics
>>
>>82502697
The entire fucking movie is proof of that. Fucking Rorschach opening admits it that he is fucking nuts.
>>
>>82502799
And yet Blacked Ryder made him the hero because he worships the Objectivist Jew
>>
>>82502799
What about Silk Spectre? In the movie she's just a pair of tits.
>>
>>82502799
openly* admits it
>>
>>82502844
>>82502831
Have you niggers even watch the movie recently or just going from you selective memory? I'm pretty sure you cunts did not even watch it.
>>
>>82502885
I'm pretty sure you've never read the comics.
>>
>>82502523
Hi zack.
>>
>>82502898
I read the COMIC no plural, Graphic novel. It is a fucking adaptation, and it was fine. A movie for a general audience that did not read comics or know what The Watchmen were. Its fine.
>>
File: Belay this.jpg (32KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
Belay this.jpg
32KB, 650x488px
>>82503035
>The Watchmen
>Claims to have read the comic
>>
>>82503035
>The Watchmen
>Comic not plural

You know it was released in single issues right? The plural is the accurate descriptor.
>>
>>82503374
>>82503190
Correcting a moot point that I already posted. Are you niggers dumb?
>>
>>82502885
i watch movie recenty pls let me eat ur pusy
>>
Reminder that this is the best trailer of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUjMO_k9IF8
>>
>>82481154
unfairly panned by critics. low iq comic book readers didn't like the manhattan change when its easily better than the stupid alien.

its literally the best capeshit kino and easily synders best work.
>>
>>82481154
the orginal novel is overrated and i genuinely believe if moore was a filmmaker instead of a graphic novelist his film watchmen would be incredibly close to snyder's product but with three times the amount of pretentiousness.
>>
>>82486518
I agree with all of these and think they're valid except the sex scene. i think novel Nite Owl is supposed to be lame and vulnerable, and that the sex scene is the both of them trying to not only vent their frustrations at the worls but also pretend like they're these big shots living a fantasy life. because of that, they fuck as they imagine superheroes (or james bond spies, or any action hero) would fuck. it's a farce. their entire relationship is a farce, evidenced by their adoption of aryan, fake personas at the end of the novel.
>>
>>82487109
do you know how friggin cringey the novel is, posting normie-tier quotes applied in the most basic bitch ways?
the little closers at the end of each chapter are eye-rolling material.
>>
>>82504242
t. Snyderfag who has never read Watchmen
>>
>>82504242
>"low iq comic book readers"
>praises Snyder
Wew lad, you're no better than comic book readers. Hell, you're worse. Alan Moore's Watchmen is far better than Snyder's lobotomized version.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.