[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twin Peaks 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Andy.png (556KB, 853x432px) Image search: [Google]
Andy.png
556KB, 853x432px
I have a bad feeling about this. It feels like 2008 Indiana Jones film where they stuff old men into their old costumes for nostalgia purposes.
>>
Depends how much Lynch was involved
>>
>>82473288
Difference is the character of Indiana Jones is an ageless vehicle for adventure. It's like if the next Janes Bond was an old guy. I consider this use of old actors closer to the new Star Wars. That movie had huge problems, but I haven't heard anyone complain about the fact they brought the old actors back. In this case it's an ensemble cast where the plot progresses and time passes, so adding to the ensemble while maintaining the old works. Don't forget, the new cast far outnumbers the old.
>>
>>82473804
It's him 100%. Showtime originally tried to butt in, as networks do, and he walked. They tried to keep it going without him, but absolutely everyone was against it so they caved and gave him full control.
>>
>>82473288
>small town people ever leaving their role or occupation
urban retard
>>
>>82473288
that's the point, he's deliberately using them after time did its ravages, who do you think you're talking about here, nolan, you fucking retard?
>>
>>82473288
I don't know op for some reason I have a good feeling about it. I guess I just trust Lynch. At any rate, I'm fairly confident it hasn't been brought back for the sake of money or nostalgia, and I like both twin peaks Lynch and FWWM/Inland Empire Lynch so I'm not worried about quality either
>>82473804
Entirely
>>
>>82474039
Absolutely this. So fucking glad that all the actors are old and don't give a fuck about job security, so they can speak their minds without any future consequences. No way in hell would young/middle ages actors risk doing such a thing.
>>
>>82473288

The cast is huge. I feel like a good portion of the focus will be on new characters. I think the old characters are going to take more of a backseat than people are expecting, and are only the main focus of the advertising.

Kind of a bait and switch, and a lot of people will probably be pissed. I still think it's going to be good, though.
>>
>>82473288
Yeah man I don't know what to think.
I think all these promos SUCK ASS but it might just be the promos and lynch hopefully had nothing to do with them.
I'm keeping my expectations low.
>>
>>82474496
I sincerely hope this is true, and some nursing home nightmare induced imagery for 18 episodes.
>>
>>82475470

Due to the way the episodes are being released (Basically the first 4 episodes all being released on the first night) I personally have the feeling that those episodes will be a prologue of sorts, kind of like the Teresa Banks portion of FWWM.

I think it can go in 2 ways... those 4 episodes are used to tie up loose ends by focusing on the familiar faces, or they will focus on introducing us to the new faces. Maybe the final shot of the 4th episode will be that shot of Cooper from his character trailer walking out of the shadows of the Lodge.
>>
I think it's going to suffer from the awkward "nothing has happened in 25 years" syndrome. The Police force will have the same faces, everyone will have their exact old jobs, etc.

All of the new characters could alleviate that, but it depends on how "naturally" they're integrated.
>>
>>82475870
>same whores work in One Eyed Jack

:/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlECLI34eCg
This is legit cringe inducing
What the fuck Showtime
>>
>>82476154

Showtime has little brother syndrome when it comes to HBO and AMC.
>>
>>82475870
This definitely could happen, but isn't that kinda the point of Twin Peaks, small towns never really change?

People never leave for new jobs, and they still eat at the same diner for 25 years, and some of them might never have left the state.

We do know some things have changed already, there is a new Sheriff and the diner is like a pseudo fast food restaurant now.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.