[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

meme garbage of the galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

File: meme movie.webm (2MB, 720x336px) Image search: [Google]
meme movie.webm
2MB, 720x336px
Is James Gunn serious with this leddit garbage?

I knew that the first movie was lightning in a bottle and its predictable they would take the lack of context or groundless fantasy aspects too far in the sequel.

How can you justify enjoying this?
>>
>>82470706
I understood this nerdy reference btw
>>
You actually watch CAM rips?

How can you justify not killing yourself?
>>
>>82470706
Jesus.
>>
So the joke is that Chris Pratt's character is into vidya?
Neato. I'll watch it Sunday!
>>
>>82470706
jesus christ what is actually happening here

glad i told my friends to fuck off when they invited me to see this meme shit movie with them. and i liked the first movie, but i could tell just from the trailers for this movie that they went a whole other direction
>>
>>82470706
What is happening here?
>>
Is this movie too high class for a pacman reference or something?
>>
>>82470706

Holy shit it's even worse than I thought.
>>
>>82470706
>Mindless faggots will defend this
Imagine someone's reaction if they didn't know this was a Marvel movie.
>>
>>82470706
WHAT
THE
FUCK
Is this what redditors have been gushing over the past two days?
>>
File: 1493772586261.jpg (65KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1493772586261.jpg
65KB, 422x422px
>this movie will win several academy awards and have fresh tomato score while your special snowflake film festival dogshit is never watched by anyone
>>
Anyone else laugh at the DBZ final battle? I can't believe they chose to do that.

Even for whacky space sci-fi movie it looked out of place and ridiculous. That's some talent.
>>
>>82472344
Welcome to the age of China pandering, because even Americans are getting disgusted by this shit.
>>
File: 1493867452665.png (227KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
1493867452665.png
227KB, 572x380px
>watching cams
>>
>>82471664
I smell bullshit.
>>
>>82470706
kek. i actually had a chuckle at this. shit was out of nowhere.
>>
>Its the "I have to hate guardians of the galaxys humor because normies like it" episode
>>
>>82470706

4chan is pretending to like the sequel and saying it is better than the original because;

1. Endless contrarians

2. RLM

They're wrong btw.
>>
>>82470780

This.

Probably the only good looking Marvel movie so far (Ant-Man was alright). I can understand watching ugly trash like the Captain America or Avengers movies on cam-rips, but this movie is one of the best looking retro-sci-fi flicks ever made.
>>
File: 1332390740710.jpg (41KB, 568x539px) Image search: [Google]
1332390740710.jpg
41KB, 568x539px
>>82471664

>my friends

They invited you out of pity, or don't exist.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
>>82470706
this new Naruto live action is really looking good
>>
>>82471664

>Early in movie
>Ego explains to Peter he can pretty much make anything he wants on the planet
>Peter jokes he'd just make stupid shit like Pac-Man

>Big Battle
>Peter makes giant Pac Man

What's the problem here?

>Whole other direction

The only other direction they went in was adding too much sentimental drama. In the first movie there is a throwaway moment when Groot and Rocket are gambling that is touching. Here they fucking hit you over the head with the fact that Rocket is a socially disconnected monster and that's why he's an asshole. They do this with heaps of the characters, like Yondu or Gamorra. Shit feels like an 80's kids cartoon at points - Not in a good way.
>>
>>82472535
That's your opinion btw.
>>
>>82470706
You guys pay for this shit? Just dl it for free not like money has any real value.
>>
File: anriokita.webm (781KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
anriokita.webm
781KB, 640x640px
remind me again why we hate reddit, they're so friendly and helpful that i can't remember
>>
>>82472661
There was way too many jokes in this one though, or rather, way too many that fall completely flat. And moments where there was decent drama or heart felt stuff was killed by some stupid joke or something.
>>
>>82472725
Because liberals
>>
>>82472725
Man your lucky you have that webm because if anyone else had sayd that I would be fuming
>>
File: suprise.gif (3MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
suprise.gif
3MB, 360x240px
>>82470706
You gotta be ribbing me. this doesnt actually happpen in the flick does it?
>>
File: really makes me think.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
really makes me think.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
So last night I was roped into seeing Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Family Matters Edition.

The first one was pretty good, but I didn't care to see this one, knowing it would be more of the same.

Of course, I was right: it's just about the same formula as the first movie, everything we loved about it, while not really taking any risks as it capitalizes on the success of the first movie. But that's fine, we get introduced to a couple new characters and learn a little bit more about returning ones.

It's by no means an action movie although it tries to be at times, throwing some haw-haws at the audience during a fight. Then there's the slow-motion scenes where out heroes are kicking ass while some oldies song plays- same as in the first movie (and the movie that did this first, and still best, was Face/Off. See it). There was a lull around the middle of the movie too, which gave me more time to think about how similar the two movies were.

That said, it was pretty funny and had a decent enough story. The funniest character in the movie by far was bAutista; he's big, he's dumb, and he has no filter: "did you make a penis too?" Michael Rooker steals the show, though, letting viewers see an emotional side while still being badass. Kurt Russel and Chris Pratt were pretty good too, with Pratt not being as good as Russel.

However, it's not artsy or serious and I can only give it a light 7.
If you loved the first one, then I don't have to tell you to see it; and if you're not sure then don't bother, if you've seen the first then you're not missing anything and you can save your $11.05 and just act like you saw it anyways "yeah, did you see the part with the slow motion? Ohhh man!"
>>
>>82473661
It certainly does. And it's set up way ahead of time so you get two memes for the price of one
>>
File: rake.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rake.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>A James Gunn Joint
>>
>>82470706
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>people pay money for this
>>
Mantis a cute. CUTE.
>>
My main issue with the movie was what the FUCK was the point of Ego's plan

can someone explain his motivation and how he figured killing everything in the universe would make him "not alone" or whatever the fuck
>>
>>82474165
Its basically /pol/ trying to kill every other board by taking them over.
>>
I thought it was good. Except the pac man part, I don't remember him ever referencing it before the fight. The dancing stuff actually made sense.
>>
>>82474239
He directly states that if he had to power to make anything he'd make Pac-man among other things
>>
>>82474165
He was cancer, basically. He needed purpose in life and his purpose was to grow.
>>
>>82470706
Wow, just when I thought marvel movies couldn't get any worse, they go ahead and do something like this.
>>
File: ..jpg (62KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
62KB, 533x800px
>>82470706
>seeing peoples heads in the cam rip
>>
>>82472699
Not just his.
>>
>>82474353
The David Hasselhoff shit was 100x worse
>>
>>82474373
Is it a rip? Or did someone go and see it AGAIN so they could start a thread with this shit scene?
>>
>>82471664
I bet your """friends""" where relieved to not have your autist ass in the theater with them.
>>
>>82472661
>too much sentimental drama

This.

I enjoyed it regardless.
>>
>>82474165
He is 'this dimension/galaxys' Dormmamu
>>
>>82472434
>This only happens in the cam version
Damn. That is some next level antitheft technology.
>>
File: AlanCumming3.jpg (27KB, 453x340px) Image search: [Google]
AlanCumming3.jpg
27KB, 453x340px
>>82472575
>this movie is one of the best looking retro-sci-fi flicks ever made.
>>
>>82474503

No meme, it is.

There's going to be a fucking truck load of great wall papers torn from this.

It's got the best special effects work and best cinematography of any Marvel film by a massive margin. The imagery in it looks like it came straight out of Heavy Metal Magazine circa 1980. There is really cool looking stuff in here.

The only garbage looking stuff in it is when they cut back to earth during the climax.
>>
File: autism screenings.jpg (109KB, 902x690px) Image search: [Google]
autism screenings.jpg
109KB, 902x690px
>>
>>82473716
White people. I got forced to go to mcdonalds, the mcrib was ok, i normally don eat this slop but i give it 7 outof 10 reddits.
>>
File: angryhitler.jpg (23KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
angryhitler.jpg
23KB, 277x400px
>>82474209
>Its basically /pol/ trying to kill every other board by taking them over.
Correct, and /pol/ is always right, so if we take over every board, no one will ever be wrong again, why don't you commie faggots ever get this?
>>
>>82470706
That just looks fucking retarded.
>>
>>82470706
>the first thing that comes to a child of the 80s mind is to turn into pacman
>the first thing that comes to a guy called "ego"'s mind is to turn into a giant version of himself

deeper characterization than anything to take place in the DCU and too deep for redditors trying to fit in on /tv/
>>
>>82470740
omg! a fellow gamer I assume?
>>
>>82472628
>>82474428
>projection
>>
>>82470706
it's about as dumb as the first one was

i still don't get why people thought it was good
>>
>>82470706
what the fuck

god fucking damn i hate the mcu so fucking much
>>
>>82472575
>Probably the only good looking Marvel movie so far (Ant-Man was alright)
Dr. Strange was also great
>>
>>82480836
Strange was pretty good, but it should have been set in a different universe than the rest of the MCU. Introducing the concepts of earth-born sorcerers and magic this late in the game looks like a lazy retcon.
>>
>>82480906
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>82472575
Yeah I was very impressed by the CGI. You have to watch it in 1080p + higher and NOT on a camrip
>>
>>82472495
>I'm going to make some weird shit!

He literally said he was going to make a giant Skeletor and Heather Locklear, then the madman actually maks a giant Pac-Man in the final showdown. All these joyless autismos in this thread don't know what they're missing.
>>
>>82470706
How can you justify using my webm against me like this?
>>
>>82470706
This is legit dumbest thing i have seen. Granted i haven't seen a lot of these capeshits.
>>
>>82471664
I very rarely use the word autist and even more rarely for a solid reason but you are an autist.
>>
>>82472575
That snow planet was comfy as fuck.
>>
>>82470706
Not showing the arcade scene
you suck OP!
>>
Its a great movie with memorable characters and scenes.

Sure, at some points they fuck up. Especially how they rushed egos plot twist. But overall its very worth watching.
>>
>>82472437
>>82472628
>>82481131
>Being this butthurt Marvel shill
>>
>>82472575
Dr Strange looked awesome in IMAX desu.
>>
>>82481035
You're fucking retarded for not seeing it's true. They already talked about the existence of the multiverse. Strange coming to the MCU-verse because of the threat Thanos represents makes a hell of a lot more sense than sorcerers sitting around doing fuck-all in the MCU for centuries.
>>
Yondu clearing the ship with his arrow was legit the most badass thing i've seen this year.
>>
>>82481228
I haven't seen the movie nor I feel any attachment to the previous Marvel movies that I've seen.
>>
>>82481222
I felt like I was seeing a space version of "dude wheres my car". The biggest problem is that I expected something else.
>>
>>82481250

Forgot about that.

So Marvel is finally making some actual expensive looking visual kino now.
>>
>>82481317
>unironically discussing MCU lore

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>82472628

You don't know a single fucking thing about this dude
>>
>>82472495
He literally announced he would make a huge pacman if he could.

A lot of things that happened in the movie are announced up front.
>>
>>82481581
They also made a gardens of the galaxy joke before ego turned the galaxy into his garden.
>>
>>82470706
It sort of made sense that he would pick something he was familiar with. Personally I think it wasn't the best choice, the entire battle between father and son was perhaps somewhat overdone, also considering his dad first tells him it might take him millions of years to even create something like a planet and now he suddenly lvl's up to this. It makes sense that Quill wouldn't know how to make something he doesn't already know through and through but goes with something of which he knows the shape and knows what it does without it being to complicated.
>>
>>82481407
Are you really this cucked, that my wishing their story-telling wasn't on the level of a retarded twelve-year-old triggers you?
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 222x227px
>>82471664
my friends went to see it without calling me
i would have said NO anyway
>>
>>82472264
>trying to fit in this hard

it's adorable
>>
>>82481708
He made it with his heart. And not with his brain.

Didnt you listen to his daddy.
>>
>>82470706
I really liked when they fought to The Chain, but then they quickly replaced in with some generic orchestral garbage.

Also, it bugged me that they used The Chain twice in the movie, but never once used the outro. It would have worked well for an action scene.
>>
>>82472575
>>82481058
>>82474654
Agreed. I didn't expect it to look as good as it did, and was really impressed by the visuals. It's definitely the best looking Marvel movie by a wide margin.
>>
It made in the context of the movie.I like the idea but it comes off a little stupid in the movie. Similar to the dancing in the first one made sense in context.
>>
>>82471664
I saw it with my friend, then we celebrated cinco de mayo at a bar. feels good man

waitress thought i was cute and gave me a sombrero
>>
>>82474209
>>>/Bant/
>>
What dissapointed me was the lack of a connection to the upcoming IG movies. I dont expect them to meet the avengers or anything, but at least make them aware of each other or somthing

Im praying the next Thor corrects this. im pretty sure they flew through planet hulk during the space hopping sequence. so theres hope.

What i dont want is for them to meet in IG and we waste an hour of screentime on exchanging pleasantries
>>
>>82481058
hell even a chinese stream recording looks better than a camrip

i cant believe people actually settle for watching such shit quality. especially a movie heavy with CGI
>>
Remember that time people spent hours, days whining about a movie they didn't like?
Or when you spent hours whining about a movie you DIDN'T see?

Jesus fuck, don't you people have anything better to do on a sunday.
>>
>>82470706
w8 pac man is a meme now?

when did this happen
>>
>>82471664
>hi anon want to come watch the new casual-entertainment-everyone-will-enjoy film with us?
>HAHA AS IF! ENJOY YOUR SHIT FUCKTARDS!
>o-okay
>spends the rest of his night browsing /tv/
>>
>>82481714
Get over it. Strange and wizards are canon to the universe
>>
>>82483963
Their complete lack of meaningful impact is now canon now, too, as is their failure to secure the tesseract and prevent it from falling into HYDRA's hands, as is the conspicuous absence of rival factions and differing philosophies on how magic could have made the world a better place.

As of the premier of Dr. Strange, magic is now a thing that ordinary people can learn how to use and always have been, yet it has had exactly zero impact on the world and they can't even be assed to provide their audience with an explanation for that. Stay cucked. We Harry Potter now.
>>
>>82483473
Pixels
>>
>>82471285
this guy gets it, bad goy
>>
>>82470780
I dont pay for shit I dont want to pay for. I doubt a faggot like you would know what that feels like.
>>
Was I the only one that got reminded of man of steel watching the final battle? The way they just kept punching each other and throwing each other through walls felt very DCEU
>>
>>82472575
The only way i will watch it is in camrips while doing something else, probably at x2 speed. I don't want to honor this schlock with my attention.

Still i won't watch it at all but the camrip + x2 will go well with new alien.
>>
just swinging by to make sure people who aren't in the know that ops webm refers to pacman(the videogame character)
>>
>>82470706
This moment was epic. Everyone in the theater burst into hysterical laughter and there was a 2 minute standing ovation afterwards.
>>
>>82483791
Why are you talking like an alien?
>>
>>82485126
In my theater the applause sign was broken and kept flashing on and off so we had to clap every 5 seconds.

My hands have got big calluses on them now and my wifes son passed out from clapping too much. I had to turboclap so the theater guards wouldn't notice
>>
>>82481058

Does Dr Strange have a 4K bluray? Wouldn't mind checking that out if I ever get a player (Or an AACS 2.0 cracked remux without re-encode releases first)
>>
File: 1492471070861.jpg (46KB, 306x513px) Image search: [Google]
1492471070861.jpg
46KB, 306x513px
>this really happened in the movie
>but pixels flopped
>the same bullshit with quips and le funny jokes
Really makes you think.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.