[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Courtney did it, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 38

File: soaked in bleach.jpg (99KB, 1000x1448px) Image search: [Google]
soaked in bleach.jpg
99KB, 1000x1448px
So Courtney did it, right?
>>
Obviously.
>>
>>82458886
Probably helped
But the allure of the 27 Club probably helped too
>>
Although he looks likely, this documentary obviously had a narrative to paint that picture.
>>
>>82458886
Yep. Everyone's known it forever. He had enough heroin in him to kill an elephant and still pulled the trigger with his toe?
>>
>>82459388
To be fair he probably had mad tolerance
>>
probably
but the fag would have done it himself eventually.
He had a journal where all he talked about was how he wanted to die and how depressed he was.
I like his music, but dude was a fucking pussy.
>>
>>82458886
people tend to forget that not only was kurt a massive junkie, so was courtney, do you really think she was smart enough to pull all that stuff off?

it was more likely his drug dealer that did it
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MnctjPOaPNY

There's no way she could pull off that phony acting
>>
>>82459461
>He had a journal where all he talked about was how he wanted to die and how depressed he was.
this is addressed in the doc. Still though its taking the narrative of the PI who claims the words he written were either faked by Courtney or lyrics written as a joke not to be taken seriously
>>
>>82458886
It was Grohl.
>>
>>82459461
>I like his music
top pleb
>>
>>82459577
you sure told me, faggot
>>
>>82459557
This guy gets it
>>
live through this is superior to everything nirvana ever did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0sbjPvin0U

apologize
>>
>>82458886
The only "expert" in this movie is the head of an organization that backs just about every single celeb conspiracy theory from Jon Benet's parents to OJ's son. Do a little research and you'll realize this doc is Ancient Aliens tier.
>>
>>82459670
In Utero is superior to everything Hole ever did.
>>
>>82459388
>>no sucessful junkie has ever built up a tolerance

hello highschool pleb.

>so so very shocking guy who repeatedly and grandiously talked about killing himself did so
>>
>>82459540
>>the PI

If you didnt come to understand the PI's EGO is his motivation 10 minutes into Kurt & Courtney urafag.
>ive got such an important story here gais! remember me everyone?! please!?!
>>
>>82459388
In Utero's original title was literally I Hate Myself And I Want To Die.
>>
>>82459611
get some taste desu wy fama
>>
Freemasons and Courtney
>>
>>82460522
get a girlfriend first, reddito
>>
File: Buzzo.jpg (81KB, 510x383px) Image search: [Google]
Buzzo.jpg
81KB, 510x383px
Buzzo did it.
>>
Probably, but it doesn't matter because Hole made better music.
>>
courtney did it and hitler didn't hate jews
>>
>>82460650
That doesn't matter either because Hole's period of making good music ended not that long after Kurt died.
>>
File: Ian Curtis.jpg (103KB, 500x658px) Image search: [Google]
Ian Curtis.jpg
103KB, 500x658px
Cobain didn't even have a good reason to kill himself, other than his shitty music. What a faggot.
>>
>>82460798
you say curtis had a better reason?
>>
>>82458886
Yes, definitely

And I say this being someone who hates both Nirvana and Cobain

It's still obvious that the poor bsstard got murdered in the most heinous and obvious way
>>
>>82460848
Epilepsy is a better reason than being a famous massive homo.
>>
>>82459670
I'm old enough to remember that Courtney used to be respected in her own right. Back when they first got together, Kurt was actually kind a nobody, and she was more well known. Even after Nirvana blew up, Hole was regarded as a good band, and they were seen as pretty much equals. The image of her being a junkie fuckup who was desperately clinging to her famous husband is pretty recent.
>>
>>82458886
Why has somebody remade Nick Broomfield's Kurt and Courtney?
>>
>>82460915
No, stop making excuses. He still killed himself so he's also a pussy.
>>
>>82458886
yep she literally cucked him to death

good riddance
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 135x186px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 135x186px
It was Axl Rose all along.
>>
alice in chains was better
>>
>>82460915
epilepsy is treatable. he had depression just like cobain. they both were very sensitive
>>
i can't help but like courtney even though she's such an unlikable trainwreck
probably because these were some of the first naked tits i ever saw back when i was a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chKuG0w267A

nice memories
nice tits too
>>
>>82460587
awesum redd1t tier comeback sporto
>>
>>82460947
It's Yoko Ono-ism, I'm afraid. They blame the wife for taking away their fantasy object.
>>
Yup. Courtney did it, just like Patton Oswalt killed his wife, but the reddddiitttors who post on /tv/ get triggered and deny it.
>>
>>82458886
She's a horrible bitch and deserves to die, but he commited suicide.
>>
>kurt was a manlet
>the rifle was over half his body height
>positioning this shot was awkward even for a tall person
>pulled the trigger with his toe---with his shoes on
>>
File: 4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg (19KB, 367x332px) Image search: [Google]
4e2d838beddc6c698b002c8b.jpg
19KB, 367x332px
>>82458886
No, clearly a man with 4 heroin needles in both arms was fully capable of handling a shotgun with his toes while wearing shoes, enough to fire a load through his brain.
>>
>>82461059
He had an extreme and painful epilepsy. He could either give up music and become a virtual invalid, or keep doing music and have worse and worse seizures. He was a guy who had only just given up the day job. He had the weight of the breakdown of his marriage and his involvement with another woman, which he felt shitty about (though he wasn't having an affair as such) the fact that he wanted to drink and do drugs as much as any young rock musician, and then this debilitating condition quickly becoming more and more of a problem.
>>
it was henry rollins
>>
>>82459388
While wearing shoes, or he managed to put the shoes back on while missing about 30% of the back of his skull. Either way the dexterity is fucking amazing
>>
>>82461748
I love that people think that the only person who might have done him in was his girlfriend. He was a junkie. Junkies know gangsters. He probably gave some villain he owed money to the runaround. That will get you in trouble.
>>
>>82460798
>Ian Curtis
LOL goth faggot, nothing of value was lost
>>
File: billy.png (200KB, 326x308px) Image search: [Google]
billy.png
200KB, 326x308px
>>
>>82461825
Joy Division weren't goth, they influenced goth, but they were sui generis.
>>
>>82461778
What would his motive have been though?
>>
>>82461850
How much did Corgan have to do with early Hole's music?
>>
>>82461051
He got his revenge for the 92' Mtv awards
>>
>>82461882
>sui generis.
Is that Latin for "goth faggots"?
>>
Do you think Dave Groel is secretly happy?

>If Kurt had lived he wouldn't have been so successful
>>
>>82461944
he's a dick head loser
>>
>>82461818
Because Cobain was really hurting for money? You're stupid. I've read this same retarded theory about Nichole Brown Simpson.
>>
>>82461963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwUVxzOfV3A
Pure MTVkino.

>>82461979
Yes.
>>
It's not much of a stretch to think he would commit suicide. If you know anything about him at all it wasn't surprising in the least.
>>
>>82462044
He wasn't hurting for it, he was just an avoidant bullshit artist like most junkies.
>>
>>82458886
Let the poor bastard rest in peace
>>
>>82462358
This.
>>
>>82462076
The funny thing to me is that Cobain's obvious suicide gets these theories while Elliott Smith's obvious murder gets taken at face value as a suicide because he wasn't as big with the kids.
>>
>>82458886
Reminder Kurt tried to kill himself three times
Reminder Kurt OD'd at least five times
Reminder Courtney carried a can of Narcan, the drug used to jolt overdosing heroin users back to life
Reminder that Courtney Killed Kurt was the first Internet conspiracy theory and is on par with the moon landing hoax and 9/11 trutherism
Reminder that Courtney Love truly loved her husband Kurt and the constant accusations of foul play are just another disgusting form of victim blaming
>>
>>82462358
It's not like he's hurting by it though
>>
>>82462386
To recap, Smith killed himself by stabbing himself in the chest twice, while his girlfriend was taking a shower, having left a note in which he, get this, *mispelled his own name.* Yet almost nobody thinks that there's anything worth questioning about it.
>>
File: 1435902124734.jpg (69KB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
1435902124734.jpg
69KB, 1280x534px
Courtney conspiracy aside, did Soaked in Bleach (2013) imply that Kurt was bisex?

>hosts Cali and gf at one of his homes
>"visits" them in the early morning
>flies out to Georgia to "visit" Michael Stipe
>>
>>82462386
>Elliott Smith
Mopey faggot, Planned Parenthood shilling his depression fuel, NO WAY HE WOULD EVER COMMIT SUICIDE EVEN THOUGH HE WAS BORN TO COMMIT SUICIDE LIKE THE SAD FAGGOT HE WAS
>>
>>82462436
I suspect that Love's permanent fuckedupness since then has a lot to do with the combination of grief and dipshits accusing her of murdering him on the basis of nothing.
>>
>>82462436
Courtney Love has never loved anyone. Are you retarded?
>>
>>82462486
>>82462457
>>
>>82462449
It doesn't matter, it's an ongoing molestation of his image, and makes him out to be a tragic victim of forces beyond his control. The latter especially pisses me off because he is dead not because of heroin or stardom, but due to his severely traumatic childhood. The poor bastard would sleep in hospital waiting rooms as a teenager because he was homeless.

Of course though, what no one even recognises is that he was a victim of the 1970s divorce wave, so I'd say feminism killed him, and many others too
>>
>>82461441
Except Yoko did play a part in the Beatles dissolution, McCartney said so himself, and there are some interviews where John says he left because Yoko said "it's either them or me"
Learn your history.
>>
>>82462386
weird thing isw just how unbelievably obvious the murder is to basically anyone who even spends a second glancing at the details.
>>
Courtney is funny and likeable as fuck in all honesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zlijf15YAE
>>
>>82462635
Is this novel? I've never heard this analysis before
>>
>>82462473
No, it's just that he visited them and they were probably too tired/high to get him to stay
>>
I miss this faceless fuck.
>>
>>82462667
Didn't McCartney deny that Ono had anything to do with it not that long ago, in an interview?
>>
>>82462674
I know, right? It's bizarre.
>>
>>82462688
Go watch a few documentaries and read Heavier than Heaven

His parents split up and his mother and father were cunts. If they hadn't of divorced Kurt would still be alive, maybe in an office or touring in obscurity, but alive
>>
>>82462457
I read the misspelling was in the coroner's report. not the actual note.
>>
>>82462772
His parents were shitty, but to be fair, a lot of his stories of being homeless and destitute are severely exaggerated. And a lot of those problems came about because for most of his life he outright refused to work because he was so focused on being famous. IMO, he probably killed himself because he'd spent his whole life trying to become famous, only to have his dream come true and realize he fucking hated fame.
>>
devo is better than nirvana
>>
>>82462901
Buzz Osborne has talked about how lots of stories on Montage of Heck are examples of said exaggeration or even even made up. According to him Kurt liked fucking with people by making up shit. It's the main reason why he didn't like the documentary.
I can't remember what interview it was but if you google you should be able to find it
>>
>>82462667
McCartney blows hot and cold on that, and also, who really gives a shit? The Beatles split because only McCartney still wanted them together, and he wanted it for the wrong reasons - competition in the marketplace and status, basically. McCartney was thinking like Mike Love, and he's still suppressing the Let It Be film because nobody who's seen it comes away thinking he was the good guy.

Would we want fifty years' worth of increasingly irrelevant albums like the Beach Boys have? Would we want Lennon to have split up with Yoko so we could have a Beatles equivalent of "Kokomo"?
>>
>>82463005
Buzz is a bitter attention seeking asshole who didn't even like Nirvana.
>>
>>82463077
He didn't? What has he said about them?
>>
>>82463005
I'm aware, I've seen the interview, and I believe Buzz. I've also known a lot of people that knew Kurt (I'm from Washington), and they've all had pretty similar things to say about Kurt. In fact, most people didn't really like him all that much. At best, he seems to have been regarded as kind of a lovable asshole. He definitely liked fucking with people, and could be very abrasive.
>>
>>82462901
What I got from it is that he violently hated himself, and combined with fame, addiction and constant admiration, he could not reconcile any of it. His suicide note also seems to point to a being a sell out, so I think this backs that up.

It doesn't seem like he actively sought fame as he never made an effort in many of the interviews and media content he was in, so my guess is he used his art form to obsessively express his inner pain, and got stuck on it because he wasn't good at anything else
>>
I have a superb theory about the Beatles' breakup, and I mean SUPERB, that someone has probably beaten me to, but which makes so much sense that I feel like everyone knows this but me and it's just taken me years for the penny to drop.
>>
>>82463150
Nobody who gets famous didn't want it. Ever. It doesn't work like that.
>>
File: 1494105764088.jpg (15KB, 388x304px) Image search: [Google]
1494105764088.jpg
15KB, 388x304px
>>82463140
>I'm an ignorant fuck who wants to say ignorant
>>
>>82462000
dave was gonna make the foo fighters regardless of what happened to kurt
>>
whoever killed him, it's good he died when he did. we don't need kurt lingering around in 2017. he'd be fat and balding, not having released a decent song in decades and probably tweeting about trump. he made some good music and moved on. good riddance.
>>
File: Christmas-Vacation.jpg (55KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas-Vacation.jpg
55KB, 900x506px
I wonder, if Kurt never died, would we still love him as the greatest gift to modern music?

>Would he eventually start to suck?
>Would Nirvana put out a really shitty album that just tanks and does horribly against the rising stars Creed, Korn, and Limp Bizkit in 97' further burying the grunge genre?
>Would Nirvana break up in some overblown drama scene resulting in daytime movies made about it? While Kurt pops into and out of addiction clinics until the public stops bothering to cover it
>Would Kurt resurface in 2002 with the remaining members of Soundgarden and make a shitty side project Slaves of Audio Revolving Velvets
>Would they only have one single that is overplayed until everyone fucking hates it, while the rest of the album is pure garbage resulting in younger generations just hating him.
>Would he become a fat, balding self parody heroin addict that will sometimes be seen on PSAs advising kids to say no to drugs?
>Will everything we know about him just fall off the face of media for the 00's era pop stars like Brittney Spears and Christina Aguilera?
>Would people still give a shit that he was alive today this long after the fact? Who the fuck cares that Eddie Vedder is still kicking around, or seriously wants Dave Grohl to fucking stop...
>>
>>82462635
>feminism killed him

kys amerikuk. youll never accept your gayness if you cant by now...
>>
>>82463150
>It doesn't seem like he actively sought fame
He refused to work dayjobs so he could concentrate on being a musician, and held his bandmates to a pretty rigid rehearsal schedule. He also spent a lot of time courting record deals, including with major labels pretty early on. Most of this stuff is even in his journals, so I'm surprised you seem unaware of it. It's also key to remember that at the time, the PNW was not a major source of talent for record companies. Before Soundgarden and Mother Love Bone were able to attract some major label interest through touring, no one was paying attention to Seattle at all; and Nirvana was pretty peripheral in the Seattle music scene at the time.

He wanted to be a rockstar, and he spent a lot of effort getting to that point. He wasn't just a tortured artist who was playing quiet shows and ended up becoming famous through circumstance. He treated music like a job.
>>
>>82463249
OK.
>>
>>82461963
What did he do?
>>
>>82463239
L. Ron Hubbard never wanted to be famous.
>>
>>82463443
Yes he did.
>>
>>82463253
Yeah, but it would be like Brand X if Gabriel had never left Genesis, or Peter Hook's shit nineties band Monaco, nobody would give a fuck.
>>
>>82458886
You're all a bunch of easily influenced morons. The dude killed himself.
>>
>>82463350
I think he was starting a new project before he died with Michael Stipe

Considering how amazing their and his last recorded songs were, including You Know You're Right, I don't think he would have stopped being relevant or talented even in 2017
>>
>>82463470
not true, because early foo fighters music is actually pretty good so people would look at it
>>
>>82463291
>>82463350
This is the main reason why we immortalize these celebrities so much. They died while they were on top. They did not live long enough to be fucking awful and release shitty singles no one likes. Or get into a few random scandals that make them out to be marginally functional retards.

John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix would have just been even more angry old opinionated bastards that played shit like Live Aid in the 80's for an extra dollar then fade off into obscurity like Peter Frampton.

If Michael Jackson died in 88 we would probably hate major cities named after him. If Britney Spears died in 2001 she would have all the monuments and documentaries about her life and how shitty music has become since she is gone.
>>
>>82462901
>>82463150
While I do believe not being able to properly handle all that sudden fame played a part in his suicide, this >>82463403 is true. Even Grohl has described a record label meeting they attended before Nevermind where Kurt said to one of the executives that his objective was being in the biggest band in the world
>>
>>82463350
>wants Dave Grohl to fucking stop...
I do, and this would be the biggest upside to Cobain living. Grohl fucking sucks and the Foo Fighters suck.

Oh yea and fuck Cobain. Layne Staley was the superior heroin addict singer. Mad Season > anything Nirvana ever did
>>
>>82463428
Apparently Axle was an angry bitch and insulted Nirvana members backstage before the awards show. Then After they played Dave Grohl ran out and basically shoved it in Axle's face that the crowd loved them much much more than Guns and Roses.
>>
>>82463468
An argument isn't just contradiction.
>>
>>82459473
Yeah, because a drug dealer with one of the biggest rockstars of that time as a client would kill him. Brilliant.
>>
File: IMG_3698.png (109KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3698.png
109KB, 750x1334px
>>82463488
bad example. i know you're right is garbage. it's only popular because it was his last song and released after kurt blew his face off. it's sounds totally generic and lyrically it's all fluff.
>>
>>82463350
>if Kurt never died, would we still love him as the greatest gift to modern music?
Probably not. The main reason he's remembered the way he is has to do with him dying young, being attractive, and having that tortured artist image. If he was still alive, none of that would still apply. Just look at what happened to all of the other major grunge bands. Pearl Jam was actually pretty comparable in popularity, career trajectory, and in how Eddie Vedder was perceived at the time.

Kurt would probably still be respected, and Nirvana would still have a strong fanbase, but there's no way teenagers would still think he's cool.
>>
>>82463627
>>82462045
>>
>>82463595
I fucking love their first two albums, but everything after that is just terrible. Culminating with that 05' album that I just fucking hate.
>>
Autopsy photos when? Ive been waiting like 23 years
>>
>>82463539
I told my buddy that Neil Young was better than Hendrix once and he lost his shit. My argument was their catalogs. You could argue that Hendrix was the better guitar player, but Young is pretty good too. Cortez the Killer and Down by the River fucking rock hard. It's really not two artists you compare and I don't know why we were talking about it anyway though.
>>
>>82463627
No, that's not what happened. Kurt, being the little bitch that he was, talked smack at Axl backstage. Axl told him to shut his mouth or he'll drop him and Kurt did. After that Kurt told his band mates and they did that "Where's Axl" while they were performing.
>>
>>82463686
Yea he would just be another one of those rock stars of yesteryear that older guys still like but no one else cares about.
>>
>>82463686
Pearl jam took in ticket master, which was perceived career suicide. They survived it, sure, but it certainly hastened their drop from the limelight.
>>
>>82463686
Although you're not wrong, Pearl Jam also actively tried to kill their own hype and go lowkey after their first couple of albums.
>>
>>82463774
I've always heard it was the other way around, Axle was being his "I am a fucking Rock Legend!" self and Kurt and Dave wanted to fuck with him because of it.
>>
>>82463829
You mean the post Yield stuff where they were redoing 50's songs and really mellow stuff?

That is similar to what was mentioned above with how bands change their sound too much and people no longer like them.
>>
File: IMG_7021.jpg (51KB, 550x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7021.jpg
51KB, 550x378px
>>82458886
C'mon obviously she killed him, probably that Eldon Hoke guy too. Two days after giving an interview telling Courtney asked him to kill Kurt he dies in a car accident involving a train or something like that. Too many weird coincidences
>>
>>82463843
I'm not the biggest Nirvana fan but honestly, this seems way more likely going by Axl's public persona and Guns n Roses' status at the time.
>>
>>82463774
Axle Rose is a well documented pretentious manlet asshole with a god complex, so I'm leaning towards the other way around.
>>
>>82463794
>>82463829
Actually, yeah, that occurred to me after I posted that. Which kind of strengthens my point. At the height of their career, Pearl Jam decided to go indie and stop being famous. They didn't put out music videos, recorded a couple of albums with deliberately weird and alienating material, and committed career suicide by fighting Ticketmaster. And they're still not really remember as a cool band or admired by younger generations, despite trying to maintain their integrity. Nirvana probably would have kept playing along with the MTV and major label career track.
>>
>>82463893
Yeah, exactly. The sound change certainly alienated some people but I think Kurt's suicide also influenced their efforts of trying to get away from the spotlight
>>
Fuck it, I'm only listening to rap from now on.
>>
File: IMG_3699.jpg (54KB, 336x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3699.jpg
54KB, 336x499px
anyone have any info about kurt's stomach problems? he would describe having this excruciating sharp undiagnosable stomach pain that perplexed doctors and could only be soothed with heroine. i always wondered what it could be or if it was even legit.

>>82463774
>>82463843
i read this book years ago and i forgot every detail and realize i'm contributing nothing to the conversation, but from what i remember axl liked nirvana's music and was initially courteous towards kurt and kurt was a snob about guns n' roses' music and already didn't like axl for some other reasons.
>>
>>82463531
Brand X were a great band, quality doesn't = attention.
>>
>>82464041
The other mystery: Who whacked Tupac and Biggie Smalls?
>>
File: axl-nirvanacap[1].jpg (14KB, 538x333px) Image search: [Google]
axl-nirvanacap[1].jpg
14KB, 538x333px
>>82463843
No, no. Axl was a HUGE Nirvana fan when they appeared on the scene. He actaully wore a Nirvana hat in one of his interviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZiTmqzNlbI

He actually invited Nirvana to a tour and for Kurt to play at his birthday party, but Kurt declined him both times. After that Kurt started bad mouthing Axl and GNR ""We're not your typical Guns N' Roses type of band that has absolutely nothing to say," and then the feud started. Actually, Axl still wanted to be friends with Kurt, but Kurt was an asshole and brushed him off.

Then Axl started talking back culminating in that MTV showdown.
>>
>>82458886
yeah lol
>>
>>82463893
>post Yield stuff
No. Vs. was a stripped down, angry album that didn't sound like Ten. Vitalogy has a bunch of weird, experimental stuff explicitly to alienate people' even the album version of the radio friendly songs have long, bullshit introductions. No Code is pretty experimental and sounds like nothing they'd released before. They were doing things different to kill the hype of being a popular hard rock band, and they were trying to push away people who only liked them because they were popular.

Yield is almost a return to make somewhat generic-sounding hard rock to appease their audience after the bad reception that No Code got. And I say that as a big fan of the band who loves Yield. It was kind of when they stopped making interesting music.
>>
File: 1484770178737.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484770178737.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>82464093
the problems were all heroin problems

it was an excuse basically and he was meta trolling

like how a kid would deny eating from a cookie jar but theres crumbs all over his face
>>
File: 1480811308749.jpg (160KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1480811308749.jpg
160KB, 1600x1201px
>>82464120
axl is kind of a good boy who dindu nuffin wrong DESU
>>
>>82464093
>it was even legit.
According to Buzz Osbourne, it wasn't. Apparently, he just made it up so he could seem sympathetic and get away with being a junkie. Which is pretty believable considering his reputation for lying about shit, and the fact that no one was ever able to find anything wrong with him.
>>
>>82463997
Yeah you'd think doing all of that would've made them sound "cooler" to other fans but it's not the case. I'm just not sure about Nirvana keeping on the same track, because I wonder what kind of sound they'd have pursued after In Utero. I mean, that album was already a departure from Nevermind's style

>tfw /tv/ has better music-related discussion than /mu/
>>
>>82464114
It really isn't worth it to be famous, is it?

Who wants the constant attention of powerful people who want to mold you or if you won't be molded sufficiently, end you?

Better to just be a pleb
>>
>>82464114
Some guy, and some other guy

No one really gives a shit or thinks it is surprising or even intelligent when someone actually manages to make it out of the ghetto, get rich and become fucking famous, but keeps on doing the small time gang shit and starts trouble with barely homeless gun wielding idiots on the streets.

Just move into the nice house in Beverly Hills and forget all of that shit.
>>
>>82464216
Well, when you consider that about 85% of all Roman emperors were either assassinated or committed suicide then yes; being a pleb ain't all that bad eh?
>>
>>82464342
The Nick Broomfield doco showed that they were both middle class pretenders who did not ever live in ghettoes
>>
>>82463686
Absolutely. The obvious comparison for me is Jim Morrison. Not as cool as he'd have been had he died before becoming a bearded gutlord writing shit poetry. He's associated with corniness and immaturity because of how he ended up.
>>
>>82464359
Yeah, I prefer living 10 years of amazing life which everything I want handed to me than that of a peasant that has to work 24/7 on his land and still get shit on by everyone until he dies from some unheard disease.
>>
>>82464385
They still started shit with street level killers, not smart
>>
>>82463917
I don't agree. Axl does seem like a guy who can fight, and Kurt did seem like a guy who would pussy out and then do passive-aggressive "revenge" shit.
>>
>>82464429
I've had both and you're probably right
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (107KB, 736x1102px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
107KB, 736x1102px
>>82461059
>epilepsy is treatable

it wasn't in 1980

they could only dope you up so much with Barbiturates that you were basically nailed to the floor. Ian's treatment wasn't working and he was on the verge of having to leave the band due to his illness

he couldn't even hold his infant daughter for fear of having a seizure and dropping her
>>
>>82459670
Kurt wrote a bunch of the music off this album not to mention I'm sure all of what Courtney wrote on here was channeling Kurt.
Pretty on the Inside is a purer Hole recommendation.
>>
File: IMG_3700.jpg (74KB, 350x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3700.jpg
74KB, 350x524px
to keep it /tv/ related, this documentary is pretty good. there is an animated reenactment of an excerpt from Kurts journal, where he tells a story of how was so desperate to lose his virginity he fucked a retarded fat girl who's pussy smelled like shit. then he's shocked when he's ridiculed for it when kids at school find out and tries to kill himself.

also telling the story he's describing how he met her through these guys he hung out with because they would steal booze from her house and he acted like they were the assholes because they called her "retarded"

meanwhile he basically raped her
>>
File: CHECK IT. CHECK IT!.jpg (44KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
CHECK IT. CHECK IT!.jpg
44KB, 400x265px
THREADLY reminder that the idolatry surrounding Kurt is fucking stupid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFPuS1o9d0
>>
>>82464429
Fortunately that's why the patrician class exists. Also, what happened to that Asian girl in the elevator who was found dead by drowning?
>>
File: IMG_1429.png (24KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1429.png
24KB, 1000x1000px
>>82459557
>>
>>82464400
I like fat bearded Jim though, LA Woman is Door's best album.
>>
>>82464120
Kurt understood brand identity a lot better. The biggest rock band of '91 cannot be seen to be loved by the biggest rock band of '87. The biggest rock band of '87 cannot stop and play elder statesman to the biggest rock band of '91 - they're not far enough ahead yet. David Bowie could afford to praise the Pixies when he was thirty years deep and counting.
>>
>>82459670
wtf i love courtney now?
>>
>>82464093
That undiagnosable pain thing always seemed like either bullshit or a description of withdrawal pain to me, because who the fuck has severe stomach pains and thinks "the Advil didn't work, guess I'll try HEROIN".
>>
>>82464199

This is as good as a /mu/ thread, but I wouldn't say it's better. It's better than most /tv/ threads though. Music just seems like a subject people are less pleb and hair-trigger about on 4chan.
>>
>>82464589
None of that excuses Kurt for talking shit behind Axl's back.
>>
The truth died along with Il Duce.
>>
>>82464584
Didn't people not really give as much of a shit about Morrison until the 90's when the Doors movie came out?
>>
>>82459557

Cobaine refused to sing THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>82458886
it's a fun conspiracy theory. And she is a dick. But nah.
>>
File: 1449207577954.jpg (74KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
1449207577954.jpg
74KB, 500x656px
>>82458886
There are a lot of good evidence to support Tom grant's theory, but personally i think he killed himself

>be sensitive pisces with low self esteem
>be a spokesperson of a generation
>chronic stomach pain
>have a heroin addiction
>media tears you to bits every day
>pressure from label execs and MTV
>get married
>media labels you and your wife heroine junkies (rightfully so)
>get custody of you daughter taken away after she was born due to heroine rumours
>more media bullshit
>heroine addiction gets worse
>wife cheats on you
>lose passion for music
>want to make music with other people (stipe) but there will be massive media backlash
>go on tour anyway
>marriage problems
>heroine addiction worsens (he would stay in cheap hotels binging on heroine, chips and soda
>uh oh divorce time
>cheating wife and friends force you into rehab
>:'( junky face
>realise you cheating wife will take half your worth and leave your daughter with separated parents, the same situation you were in and how it will potentially fuck her up at a young age as it did you
>fuck rehab, escape
>go home and shoot self.

the best piece of evidence Tom came up with was the practice letter Bean's godmother found in Courtney's bag, but the warning signs were everywhere, pic related.
>>
>>82462473
Kurt WAS bisexual. Courtney has repeatedly said so.
>>
>>82464589
>>82464699
The genres and the way people looked at them were very different then.

Guns and Roses were a late 80's post glam rock type band where the members would go on stage with $800 perms and wearing at least $2K worth of designer pink and purple spandex.

In the 90's people were against that much pageantry in modern musicians and loved a bunch of rednecks in flannel shirts and torn jeans on stage.

It would have been alienating to have an 80's over the top band that typically had fireworks and weird flaming shit on stage next to a 90's grunge band that is wearing the same clothes they had at least two years before they were famous.
>>
>>82464775
probably since the movie romanticized them when in reality they sucked ass. i saw a live concert on VH1 classic with Jim Morrison in front of a shit ton of his loyal fans and the cocksucker is doing anything but playing a goddamn song. reading shitty poetry and spewing euphoric nonsense while guys in the background noodle guitars like they're bored. what a completely pretentious asshole he was.
>>
>>82459670
miss world is the best song on that album, holds a candle to All Apologies.
>>
File: 5345345345.png (2MB, 1666x712px) Image search: [Google]
5345345345.png
2MB, 1666x712px
>>82463350
>>
>>82464854
Who did Courtney cheated Kurt with?
>>
I'm not sure is a Kury/Stipe project would have been any good. REM typically made overly moody, slow, moaning sounds that just drooled into musical crying after a while. Not quite what Cobaine was doing. And I think it would have been awkward for him to attempt it.
>>
>>82459670
kurt wrote those songs obviously
>>
>>82464892
This. GnR was basically seen a slightly harder-edged hair metal band. Grunge's popularity was basically a reaction against that kind of music. According to music culture of the time, Kurt basically had to talk shit about Axl in public.

He also frequently shit-talked other bands that were in competition with Nirvana.
>>
>>82461052
pearl jam > both
>>
File: 4564554645665.jpg (129KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
4564554645665.jpg
129KB, 540x540px
>>82464964
some say it was Corgan, they dated before Kurt. plus they were sort of feuding at the time so i can see how it probably pushed Kurt over the edge as well.
>>
>>82464910
At the time that is exactly what their fans were into. Getting really fucked up and congratulating Morrison on how fucking deep and wise he was. Meanwhile sober people and non fans thought it was just an hour of nonsensical crap. Which half their albums were that.
>>
>>82462436
reminder everything you believe is the opposite
>>
>>82459388
Tolerance to opiates/opioids can rise nearly indefinitely.
For example, I need 35x my original dose if I wanted to get high (20mg at start, 700mg last time)
>>
>>82465022
it's amazing how much Corgan has turned into Uncle Fester...
>>
File: daddyissues.png (3MB, 1720x784px) Image search: [Google]
daddyissues.png
3MB, 1720x784px
>>82458886
>dad killed himself
>find daddy's lookalike
>dress him in daddys clothes
>marry him
>give him daddy's unplugged guitar
>divorce him
>hire a hit man to get guitar back

Frances is a meme
>>
>>82462916
saw them at a festival. it was a fucking CHORE. yeah ok one 2, 3 songs, we are devo yeah. but shit dragged and dragged and was super awful overall. shit band.
>>
File: IMG_3701.jpg (28KB, 206x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3701.jpg
28KB, 206x263px
>>82465022
i love how bald dudes get fat and turn into W.C. Fields. same condition Dana White of the UFC had.
>>
>>82465098
Holy shit this is fucking weird. Dude's a Kurt clone
>>
File: 16392.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
16392.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>82464633
lol
>muh stomachache
>WELP HEROIN TIME
>>
>>82460631
That's what you get for making shitty, ripped-off music Kurt you unoriginal fag
>>
File: 43554.png (545KB, 531x432px) Image search: [Google]
43554.png
545KB, 531x432px
>>82465098
>>82465191

He even copies his music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv96yJYhk3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAMz5VlaUic
>>
>>82464892
Yeah, even if Kurt liked GnR he'd never admit it in public.
>>
>>82460471
>In Utero's original title was literally I Hate Myself And I Want To Die.

At least promoters ad execs had at least a modicum of propriety at that point. They were, at least, able to put a tongue in cheek spin on the titles.
>>
File: tumblr_nlslc6Jbmb1r1pstjo1_400.gif (975KB, 400x315px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlslc6Jbmb1r1pstjo1_400.gif
975KB, 400x315px
>>82465022
>>82465159
>>
>>82458886
>Tom Grant didn't check the greenhouse when searching the estate

there's a conspiracy there, is there not?

Tom is a hack.
>>
>>82465271
Jesus Christ
>>
>>82464093

heroine fucks with you stomach big time
>>
>>82465304
?
>>
>>82464892

Guns N' Roses were NOT glam rock. They were and remain a straight up fucking rock band who were able to aide in the transition from glam rock to the more modern (at that point) punk sound.
>>
>>82465098
>>82465271
why does not having a father growing up make you want to fuck your dad?

>women
>>
>>82465484
Heroin fucks with you big time
>>
File: 1280x720.jpg (814KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720.jpg
814KB, 1280x720px
>>82465565
>Guns N' Roses were NOT glam rock.

they came from the same scene though, that's all that matters.
>>
File: 1445280292792.jpg (93KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1445280292792.jpg
93KB, 400x505px
>>82463069
Don't you talk shit about Kokomo
>>
>>82465368
Tom committed the murder and made a documentary film to blackmail Courtney
>>
Did it himself, Courtney's emotional abuse was to blame.
>>
>>82465571
For the same reason not having a mother growing up makes you want to fuck your own mother. Hell, some guys want to do even having a mother that was present in their lives
>>
>>82464530
That was some good insight about the addiction.
>>
>>82465686
do it*
>>
>>82463539
>If Britney Spears died in 2001 she would have all the monuments and documentaries about her life and how shitty music has become since she is gone.

No one cares/cared enough about Britney Spears for that to ever happen.
>>
>>82465565
Glam rock is a bit of a misnomer yeah, they weren't exactly Mötley Crüe. It would be more accurate to say they were "Arena rock" that took cues from the Glam rock scene with power vocals and riff oriented song/ballads
>>
>>82463069
>beatlels fag
>shitting on The Patrician Boys

Pet Sounds alone is single handedly better that the entire Beatles discography.
>>
>>82465656
It's good of its type, but it wouldn't be worth losing your Yoko Ono for.
>>
>>82463679
>using the closing fade out lyrics as an argument.
Cherry picking faggot.
>>
>>82465565
They were the last of the scene built by Scorpions, Damn Yankees, Whitesnake, Warrant, Poison..

And they were absolutely over the top arena rockers who loved their million dollar stage shows and stylized costumes.

Basically everything 90's grunge rock tried really really extra hard to NOT be.
>>
File: ElDuce~BrownBagBooze.jpg (35KB, 359x270px) Image search: [Google]
ElDuce~BrownBagBooze.jpg
35KB, 359x270px
>>82458886
Faggot's dead
Who cares!
>>
>>82465743
They were streeted-down glam. Their roots were in glam and hair, and their look is total camp by comparison with Nirvana.
>>
File: 104.gif (11KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
104.gif
11KB, 220x220px
>>82465629
>Perms
>leather pants
>tons of makeup

yea anon, they are totally different
>>
Its funny how people applaud Courtneys performance in The People vs. Flyntt when she essentially was just being herself.
>>
>>82465546

Instead of some "I want to die" aesthetic it was spun into "I'm still developing, mommy. Love me" vibe.

In reality, he was super depressed and wanted to die more than anything.
>>
>>82465753
>he fell for the Pet Sounds meme

top fucking kek, get off of /mu/.
>>
>>82465753
Even if that were true, which I wouldn't agree it is, but even if it were, I'm talking about the intervening fifty years' of releases.
>>
>>82465783
no that's more than half of the fucking song, and the part that does have actual lyrics is still just generic shit. Mediocre song that's only known because of the circumstances in which it was released.
>>
>>82465920
>he thinks the Beatles are better than The Beach Boys

stop browsing Reddit la', the smell of your euphoria and Queen albums permeates the room
>>
>>82466005
>only known because of the circumstances in which it was released.
Nah it's a pretty good song desu.
>>
>>82461618
>She's a horrible bitch and deserves to die
why?!
>>
>>82466064
It's B-side level.
>>
>>82466008
>the smell of your euphoria and Queen albums permeates the room

But liking The Beach Hacks over The Beatles is the contrarian choice
>>
>>82462520
and you know this-how? are you her stalker?
>>
>>82466064
It's sorta catchy but the original point was that it was a sign of the great things to come from Nirvana, well into 2017 if Kurt had not died.

If he didn't die and they kept going, and every song released was as good as You Know You're Right, then their better days were definitely behind them.
>>
>>82463188
which is?
>>
>>82466362
I don't want to say in case it's a breakthrough and somebody steals it.
>>
>>82462457
his girlfriend was crazy as hell, wouldn't surprise me if she did it
>>
the way this thread is going shouldnt it be in /mu/? although its making me nostalgic.
>>
>>82464497
You forgot the part where most of it is fictional.
>>
>>82466433
It was a /mu/ thread almost immediately, but /tv/ needs the quality threads more than they do. Also, it's funny to have a /mu/ thread on /tv/.
>>
File: dahjokahbaby.png (940KB, 878x931px) Image search: [Google]
dahjokahbaby.png
940KB, 878x931px
>>82465271
he didn't even fucking try. Also lol @ those 2000s emo tier vocals
>>
>>82466531
thats true, this is also making me remember when mtv was good and actually played music videos (mtv2 was best with alt and daria, fuck i miss those days)
>>
>>82466433
it's on topic with what the documentary is about. it's the equivalent of talking about a films plot.

/mu/ are retards who jack off over Kpop and Kanye all day, fuck off.
>>
>>82466531
This is the same as the cape movie threads on /co/ or the video game tv show threads on /v/
>>
>>82466755
not really most of this thread is reminising about bands (which im not complaing about) also im not a mu fag
>>
>>82464633
An anxiety disorder can give you stomach discomfort (don't know about pain) and can go undiagnosed...
>>
>>82465271
Wow, I knew Frances's boyfriend was a tryhard Cobain pastiche, but I didn't know he tried to imitate Cobain's music too

This is shameful
>>
>>82466008
pet sounds is a meme on /mu/ cause its bad you redditor, it was a meme since 2011
>>
File: 1493564167436.jpg (115KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1493564167436.jpg
115KB, 500x667px
What do they all have in common?

>OJ
>Avery boys
>Ramseys
>Courtney Love
>Robert Durst
>Aaron Hernandez
>Michael Peterson
>Michael Jackson
>Branch Davidians
>Jonestown
>Heavens Gate

All innocent and did nothing wrong.
>>
>>82467051
this is a guy isnt it?
>>
File: 1484403769914.png (47KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484403769914.png
47KB, 400x250px
>>82467110
Whatever you prefer.
>>
>>82466856
>not really most of this thread is reminising about bands

it's not your job to police 4chan though, is it? so shut up doodoo head.
>>
>>82463077
>Buzz is a bitter attention seeking asshole
>discrespecting King Buzzo

fuck off
>>
>>82466257
Didn't realise it was viewed as "a sign of things to come" I just like the song so I thought I'd defend it for who knows what reason.

Well, yeah, of course their best days were behind them.
How the fuck do you top Nevermind?

>>82466143
Sure, but Nirvana B-side tier is regular great-tier.
>>
>>82464764
>beliving anythiung Eld Duce says

dude would fuck a goat if you gave him a 6-pack, of course he'll make some shit up for the doc, what was Courtney gonna do, sue him?
>>
>>82463539
Jackson's death seemed to have actually brought him back into public favor immensely, even with all the shit that happened in the 90's and 2000's he still seems to maintain the biggest fanbase next to the Beatles.
>>
>>82458886
Courtney Love is a sociopathic whore who knew Kurt would eventually dump her skank ass. So she offed him and played the grieving widow and used his death to enrich herself. She's a slithering cunt and I'm sad that she didn't burn to death over the last 20 years.
>>
>an actually interesting thread on /tv/ with shit I never knew about
WHERE AM I?
>>
>>82467051
who is this eva demon anyway
>>
>>82458886
It's a definite yes.
>>
>>82467241
thats where your wrong kiddo. it is my job.

im in charge here.
>>
>>82468701
>im in charge here.
Not anymore you're not.
>>
>>82468936
I have a plane, a bane and my men. what do you have mr poopoo hhmmmm?
>>
>>82469149
A badge, a gun and a will that won't wilt. Bitch.
>>
>>82461949
he ghost wrote an entire album of music for her to perform.
>>
>>82463774
Axl is a literal pussy bitch.

He called out the editor of Spin magazine Bob Guccione Jr by name in a song and challenged him to a fight for printing a factual article about how much of a douche he is. When Bob, who had years of fight training, accepted the invitation, Axl just backed out. He also challenged Vince Neil (kek) to a fight which he accepted and backed out of that too.

Axl beat his women, ran his band into the ground and acted like a narcissistic ego-maniacal monster while the worst thing Kurt was ever guilty of was loving that cunt rag Courtney.
>>
>>82464854
>pisces
stopped reading there
>>
>>82458886
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zlijf15YAE
>>
>>82465629
was every single member of Guns N Roses knee deep in a heroin addiction in their prime?
>>
>>82469189
looks like im the big guy here you lettle beetch
>>
>>82461949
>>82464964
She cheated on Kurt with Corgan.

>>82464120
>>82464699
While this is true, Axl and Kurt couldn't be more dissimilar and its not like some sort of friendship would've meant anything musically or otherwise. Axl was naive to think that. They're ideologically so far apart, and both psychologically damaged individuals with ego issues.

>>82464892
GnR were seen as the glam metal antidote by many and its part of the reason they're as overrated as they are.

>>82465098
fuuuuck
>>
the worst part about kurt blowing his head off is that even in 2017 we still have to talk about this untalented fuck. i wish nirvana would just go away already. kurt killing himself was the best career move he ever made
>>
>>82469726
Fuck of Courtney, nobody likes you.
>>
>>82458886
Obviously
>>
>>82458886
He retired, they do this all the time with stars. Mkultra sons of military fathers etc.
>>
>>82469614
That's where your wrong, buddy.
I have jurisdiction over you.
nanananana naaaa hahahahaha haaaa
>>
>>82469995
nuh-uh im the king OF THE SKIES! YOU HAVE NO JURISTICTION OVER TAHT!
>>
>>82469726
>nirvana is bad
What a terrible meme.
>>
>>82464775
The movie may have revitalized their/his image, but they were still pretty good and a major musical act of their time.
>>
>>82464971
>REM typically made overly moody, slow, moaning sounds that just drooled into musical crying after a while
Not really.
>>
>>82459388
opiate tolerance is a thing
the only reason overdoses happen usually is when newly clean users start taking a dosage equivalent to what they were taking when they were still using, there body can't handle the amount as the tolerance is diminished so they end up overdosing
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.