[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How realistic was Miami Vice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: miami.jpg (69KB, 618x478px) Image search: [Google]
miami.jpg
69KB, 618x478px
How realistic was Miami Vice
>>
very
>>
>>82453874
Care to elaborate on that?
>>
>>82454097
no
>>
>>82453851
extremely
>>
>>82453851
very.
most vietnam vets ended up as undercover narc cops living on a boat with a partner who did a lousy jamaican accent mon.
also pet alligator.
and mexican boss. lol.
>>
>>82454097
The only difference was the cops were more corrupt than anyone else. They literally lowered the standards for recruitments and had an entire class of graduates go rogue within a year. Yeah, it was that insane. Money was nothing and chicks were free, if you went to the right parties and knew the right people. Construction was off the charts and luxury owners made millions. You could be a gardener and come across someone's buried cash and tell them about it and they'd open up the package, give you a few stacks and you'd be suddenly six figures richer than you were. They'd forgotten about the stash and in truth didn't give a shit about it because they had a thousand other stacks just like it, all over the place. A lot of it molded and rat eaten. It was a crazy time

t. Floridian.
>>
>>82454618
>extremely
I didn't know about any vets. I knew plumbers became cops and didn't have to pass an entry exam. It was the wild wild west so those people who were smarter became Lawyers, Accountants, Auto dealers, and so on. Even interior decorators made lots of money. Tile layers, any type of laborer could literally make tens of thousands in a few months. And everyone gave away everything. You'd be washing some guys jaguar today and have the keys for it next week because one of his buds just bought a Mercedes or Something and he had to buy that and this Jaguar was suddenly a piece of shit. It was yours. Knew of a lot of people who started trucking companies and shipping companies and made so much money. Yeah they knew they were smuggling shit. But if you wanted your furniture moved out of town, whose business it was that it wasn't what you said it was or that it had something else in it. You offered a legitimate surface. you weren't a cop.
>>
>>82454962
shut the fuck up. yikes.
>>
>>82455013
Those were the best years. Now no one can hit a lick. If you weren't on the top before now, you're way out the bottom and there's no getting out. There's no deus ex, like coke was, to put you closer to the top. You're just stuck in a rut, trapped.
>>
>>82454788
What went wrong?
>>
File: miamivice irisheyes.png (488KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
miamivice irisheyes.png
488KB, 720x480px
If you watch Miami Vice for the realism you're doing it all wrong....
>>
>>82453851
it was a documentary
>>
>>82455301
The CIA didn't like the idea of niggers having power. I kid you not. Miami was about prosperity. Sure it was a violent time, but people had. All through the late 70s into the 80s coke was everywhere despite the deaths. Nothing was done until the CIA said differently, then the froze the accounts of newly minted millionaires and stopped the funneling of billions out of Florida, then they looked for scape goats even though the CIA had agents involved in every step of trafficking and distribution. Too many simple folks were gaining power. Money is power. And the makers were giving too much of it to the simple people.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.