[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bruce Wayne? I'm actually impressed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Bruce Wayne? I'm actually impressed.
>>
It would be pretty easy to do with writers who actually understand the characters on a deeper level. The whole movie could have diverged a number of ways, but it would be trivial, and the sort of thing that Snyder also had little interest in showing.

In Man of Steel in the Smallville fight, that one pilot is rescued by Superman -- the pilot that immediately tries to pull a gun on the Kryptonian when he's about to sucker punch Superman. Superman was genuinely concerned -- this guy's gonna die -- so he grabs him, holds him, and says, "Are you alright?"

It would have taken next to no effort to put in a few moments like that in the big Zod fight. There was a moment in Superman Returns that was perfect at this during the big apocalypse scene. A construction worker falls from some building and Superman flies at him, seemingly at Mach Bajillion, and stops on a dime, catches the guy (just go with it--one of his powers is that deceleration/acceleration doesn't hurt if Superman is involved), leaves him on the street and instantly zooms away at Mach Bajillion again to save more people.

A few moments like that. Have Zod occasionally stop Superman, causing deaths, or force him to pursue Zod -- save that building, but leave that one guy to die. That would push Superman to the neck snap breaking point. He can't leave Zod for an instant or thousands die.

As for Man of Steel, the easy divergence point based on characterization is:

When Superman goes to him after Lex reveals he's got Martha. He lands and Batman says, "So here I am."

Instead of them swaggering around with their cocks out -- which was fun -- you know what Superman as written today in the comics would have immediately done?

BATMAN: So here I am.

SUPERMAN: Luthor set us up to fight and was responsible for the bomb in Congress. You're Bruce Wayne. I know what you've lost. Luthor kidnapped someone dear to me and is going to kill her unless I kill you within an hour. Help me save her.
>>
>>82454017
He'd say that while walking up to Batman. If the machine guns go off he heat visions them down with a minimum of destruction.

Now at this point in the film, Batman is completely off the rails. He will likely ignore Superman's bullshit, but if written right, and true to basically all versions of Batman, Superman's words are breaking him down here. Batman will fight him, and go all the way through the kryptonite grenades, but Superman won't just rock out with his cock out like he did in the film, and it won't turn so magically on the word Martha. The seeds would be sown earlier. But that's a problem with the characterization, and gets in the aesthetic and vibe that Zack Snyder wants. Some of it's great, some... not so much.

I enjoyed the film, but too much of it was based around people acting stupidly. Superman by virtue of his alien brain that is then super-amplified to a ludicrous degree by his powers and Batman by virtue of amazing genetic lottery, superhuman willpower, and incredible drive are in different ways amongst the smartest men on the planet.

Neither of them acted like it, because if they had the film would have been a lot shorter. We would have also lost the bit with Batman punching soft flesh that gets harder and harder, too, which was one of the funniest moments I've ever seen in a superhero film, up there with Ant-Man's "YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!" exhortation when he bursts through the clouds and sees the Avengers logo on the rooftop and the Avengers sound track kicks in during the first heist.
>>
>>82454017
>implying bruce would give a fuk bout some random non martha
>>
>>82454182
For the 69th million time! The Martha realisation wasn't because of the name but because of the humanising affect it had on Batman!
>>
File: bravo snyder.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bravo snyder.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>82454847
>defending execution this laughable
Who cares nigger.
>>
>>82454938
We can laugh all we want, but this should scare the shit out of everyone... because for all we know, we could likely be writing absolute shit and not only have no idea it's shit, but think it's actually good.
>>
>>82454847

This really seems like a justification for shit that came after the fact.

Even if it wasn't, >>82454938 is right. I enjoyed most of the movie but this part had me laughing and rolling my eyes. It's so cheesy and not in a fun way.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFzXkpjXmM&t=2m57s
You've made your point... heh. Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>82454847
>saying your mothers first name with your dying breath to force a plot point
>>
>>82455692
He didn't even say her name. He started to say "MOTHERFUCKER" but it was slurred and Bruce was like "WHO'S MARTHA?" so he rolled with it.
>>
I'd argue that rewriting that scene in particular would be massively complicated, mainly because everything that preceded it was basically nonsense. The final confrontation between Batman and Superman is (well, should have been) the climax of the movie. Climaxes are the payoff to the previous two hours. If there's nothing in the movie to set up that confrontation, the scene's gonna end up dead in the water no matter how badass your dialogue is.

Stuckmann's a critic and should have known from the outset not to waste his time with it, let alone post the thing online. In his defense, I've seen other screenwriters (Landis, for one) post snippets of "theoretical" screenplays all the time, and they're typically mediocre. Why waste time revising something when it's purely a writing exercise to get your gears pumping?
>>
Should have stopped taking those critics seriously when they all gave The Dark Knight Rises the highest scores possible. I'll defend the Dark Knight Rises, I enjoy it, but it's got a hell of a lot of problems, and the reviewers who gave it such high scores at the time were clearly blinded by fanboyism.
>>
>>82456469
>movie called Batman vs. Superman
>main climax is Batman, Superman, and some clam fighting a big CGI laser monster

>movie called civil war
>despite tertiary villain called Zemo, final conflict is between Iron Man and Captain America

well at least one film didn't pussy out
>>
>>82457047
I honestly enjoyed Civil War. I thought it was great how Iron Man didn't need to fight but still did "because fuck you, I'm mad." That's really all the motivation he should need. That's why he's one of the best.
>>
Oh god, he's just insufferable. I would occasionally see his videos recommended to me on YouTube and never watched them because, based entirely on the image of his channel, I just assumed he was another imbecile who knew nothing about movies doing reviews.

My first time actually seeing him speak was when he was on the big Movie Fights episode at Comic Con and he acted like such a fucking baby. That clip you posted seals the deal, if it weren't already sealed. What a sack of shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.