[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Handmaid's Tale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5202.jpg (89KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5202.jpg
89KB, 800x450px
Is anybody watching?
Should I start or not bother?
>>
it's shit
>>
what is this expression meant to convey?
>>
>>82451794
Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people.
>>
It's on Hulu so it's not going to get a ton of traction even Amazon shows get more talk.
>>
>>82451794
i mean the book is better but its a decent show
>>
>>82452154
FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>>
>>82452151
Let me elaborate: for a dystopian setting, it's pretty conventional and boring while at the same time coming off as ridiculous and unlikely. Normies and redditors will just say "omg this is exactly like drumpf's america!".
>>
File: mw4i39w8JC1qgj6qwo1_1280.jpg (51KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
mw4i39w8JC1qgj6qwo1_1280.jpg
51KB, 600x401px
>>82451794
This is retarded, why would they opress and put under the constant and insane stress the only women capable of carrying their children?

Shouldn't they make their life as comfortable and safe as possible just to guarantee the health of the offspring?

You know, like they do with actual surrogate mothers, only even more because this is literally the only way to ensure the survival of the species?
>>
>>82451794
its ok, watch it if you finished watching all the kino things currently running (leftovers,americans,BCS,fargo) or really like the book .
the first person with narration style is pretty unorthodox these days and you may find it weird but its a pretty interesting take of dystopian\authoritarian regimes .
the main drawback IMO is the main girl, i liked her as peggy in madmen but she simply dosnt have the range or the skill to deliver an authentic and relatable performance of offred. which IMO is one of the best-written female characters ever.
>>
>>82452485
>>82452169
/pol/tards assblasted because they changed gilead to not be racist against blacks ?
>>
>>82452600
DRORARD DROMBFFFF IS LITERALLY A BIBLE THUMPING FUNDIE WHO WANTS TO CUT OFF YOUR CLITORIS
>>
>>82451794
I would be excited if the source material hadn't become one of those things that people always mention when something they disagree with happens, like Idiocracy or 1984.
>>
It's fucking fantastic. Great performances and writing all-around. Excellent cinematography, too. There's a reason why it's received the best reviews of any TV show this year.
>>
File: 1493110391861.jpg (131KB, 693x462px) Image search: [Google]
1493110391861.jpg
131KB, 693x462px
>>82452489
its basically about afghanisan\iran (original inspiration for the author) and some batshit christfags\orthodox jews . if you REALLY try to read into things which are barely there and grasp at straws for a political angle its 'oppressive authoritarian regimes are bad and make everyone miserable'
>>
>>82452709
>There's a reason why it's received the best reviews of any TV show this year.
Yeah, Donald Trump
>>
Tumblr-tier trash

If you like this kill yourself
>>
DUDETTE what if the christian patriachy took over

Just imagine no more freebleeding? Smh
>>
>>82452531
Because the grand majority of them wouldn't do it under any other circumstances. It happened so quickly to modern women who would jump at the chance to run if they weren't tortured into not doing so.

The whole situation is unrealistic but under these specific circumstances, you'd basically have to torture and imprison someone to get them to go along with it.
>>
>>82451794
it's a meme series, taylor made for reddit
>>
>media is even barely political
>trumpcucks still get TRIGGERED anyway

lmao every time
>>
>>82454657
You just won't get what you want in this situation by torture. Mostly it would end up with miscarriage or at least very unhealthy child
>>
>>82454746
There's no other way in these circumstances. Too nice, and they'd run at the first chance. But I think the idea in the show itself is that doing it this way is ineffective. Some pop out kids, but other girls are killing themselves left and right and at least half the time it's the men that are infertile.

This show is based on the premise of a whole enormous group of people all going nuts at the same time, which wouldn't happen. If it did happen, it would take a long time to build to that point.
>>
File: 1494023153618.jpg (65KB, 573x850px) Image search: [Google]
1494023153618.jpg
65KB, 573x850px
>>82451794
>take customs and culture inspired by what is literally commonplace in Muslim and African countries in CURRENT_YEAR
>make it into a "scary dystopian future" ruled by evil white Christian men

What did they mean by this
>>
>>82454741
>barely political

WHITE CHRISTIAN MALES WANT TO SLICE OF YOUR CLIT
>>
File: White Plague,203,200_.jpg (32KB, 334x499px) Image search: [Google]
White Plague,203,200_.jpg
32KB, 334x499px
See, this is why they should adapt Herbert's The White Plague. More people might actually go to see it.
>>82452169
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.