[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did they get away with blackface?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

how did they get away with blackface?
>>
obama is only half black so its really not that much of a stretch
>>
>>82441529
he wasn't born in america too
>>
again

blackface/whiteface is only acceptable in comedy

see

its always sunny
dave chapelle
tropic thunder
white girls

its not acceptable in serious shit

see

cloud atlas
>>
>>82441788
but those comedy examples you gave were done for the purpose of telling the audience "don't do blackface"
snl just did it because this non-black man has a similar face/ears to a black man

>cloud atlas
how would you have rather had a character play 2 races?
desu a black guy in whiteface would be more obviously fake than a white guy in blackface
looking at the OP, if i didn't know who this actor was, i wouldn't assume he was white
>>
>>82441493
DIFFERENT
tIME
>>
>>82441908
>how would you have rather had a character play 2 races?
I didn't say I have a problem with it, but people did freak out about it

It's always a matter of context, especially if its a comedian doing an impersonation
>>
>>82441546
Yes he was, Hawaii.
>>
Jesus christ racist white people were out of fucking control back then, good thing we're reigning them in and breeding them out.
>>
>>82441529
He's black and can never be any sort of white. He's only described as half-black by stormfront types is because he accomplished great things and struck his name into history. The "half-black" cry is a moniker designed to diminish all blacks and prevent acknowledgement of black accomplishments.

Sure, he had a white mother, but blackness is and has always been inclusive while whiteness is exclusive.

The sort you would describe in America as "full black" are never 100% African in terms of DNA makeup. The average "black" American is 20% European.

This guy was literally born in Kenya and you're denying his blackness because you can't tolerate the fact that an African-born Muslim black person actually was elected POTUS and did great things. It's embarrassing and only hicks make this claim.
>>
>>82442130
>Blackness is and has always been inclusive
>Say nigga
>Niggers start chimping out
>They call you cracker
>No one fucking cares
>>
>>82441493
Why do you even pretend to care, OP? I don't believe you give a shit at all.
>>
>>82443434
If you have a black great-grandparent or worse you can always be considered black no matter what but your phenotype has to be recessive to be considered white and if anyone knows of your ancestry your whiteness is done for. Except and only except if you achieve great things, in which case any sliver of non-African ancestry will be fetishized by racists for the sole reason of floccinaucinihilipilificating the African component.

I'm not sure why you're posting about meaningless racial slurs when they're completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Do you even bother to understand posts -- fully -- before responding?
>>
>>82443555
i don't
just wondering why i can't cosplay a rapper (even if i'm not acting like a caricature) in small company but this guy gets paid to broadcast blackface nationally
>>
File: 1468392964065.jpg (40KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1468392964065.jpg
40KB, 640x425px
>>82443676
If you do a respectable black face, noone will care.
>mfw whites always try the cartoon route
>>
>>82442130
>guy was literally born in Kenya
>an African-born Muslim
>did great things

None of these things are true though.
>>
>>82441493
Because he actually does look quite a lot like Obama in blackface, certainly more than any black member of the cast at the time looked like him
>>
>>82443676
>just wondering why i can't cosplay a rapper

Sure you can. Rap's gotten way, way beyond being an exclusively "black" property.
>>
>>82444012
i was referring to a specific incident in which a teen cosplayed tyga or lil jon or whoever the fuck it was
he didn't seem like he was acting caricaturically though
>>
YA GOTTA MAKE THE LIPS LOOK FUNNY
>>
>>82443870

Present evidence he wasnt born in America.
>>
>>82441493

He was SNL's only male minority at the time so he got to play Obama.
>>
>>82443590
Stop trying to force mixed raced people to be black. Having someone complete ignore half their heritage because you have a such an inferiority complex about your race that you have to steal the accomplishments of people clearly not African is pathetic.

People in AFRICA don't even consider Obama black.

t. passing octaroon
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.