[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who should have played him instead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1623584581.jpg (76KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
1623584581.jpg
76KB, 990x600px
Who should have played him instead?
>>
Jason Statham.
>>
someone who doesn't look like a monkey
>>
James Mccavoy or 'question of the day guy' from Spiderman

I get that they prefer to go for unknown actors though and also be big enough to be intimidating
>>
Me.
>>
Michael pitt
>>
You're all objectively wrong.

Driver is the best cast role in the film. He does a good job as Kylo Ren.
>>
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson
>>
>>82441039
What's wrong with Adam Driver? I think he was fitting for the role.
>>
File: serberk.webm (904KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serberk.webm
904KB, 1280x720px
>>82441039
abraham driver is basically the only good thing about those camoflagued remakes. what does OP mean?
>>
File: stop invincible jedi.jpg (251KB, 1000x419px) Image search: [Google]
stop invincible jedi.jpg
251KB, 1000x419px
>>82441039
doesnt matter. problem isnt with adam driver, he played the role of whiney emo teenage sith lord well

the problem is that is a stupid fucking character. Concept is fine, the scary bad guy that actually has his own problems so that he has some layers to him and isnt just a big bad boogeyman.

problem is the rest of the movie doesnt give a shit about characterization or character arcs or themes and is all about pew pew x wing tie fighter millenium falcon anakins lightsaber! wahoo!

so he looks and feels out of place
>>
Michael Pitt or Karl Urban would've been good fits

Adam Driver is really really good for the role, so this is kind of irrelevant
>>
>>82441039
>implying the problem was with Driver
>implying he didnt execute the role as it was written perfectly
The question is who shoudlve wrote the thing and what angle should they have taken.
unfortunately disney execs who are not film fans held creative licence and they went for the 'on paper' option of use what worked previously, and use what worked previously for the company
Unfortunately again, this translated to a rehash of of Ep 6 while using the cast of a disney high school drama

Dont blame the casting director for the failures of studio heads
>>
>>82441039
>>
>>82441039
Adam Driver was perfectly cast, I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job at it.
>>
>>82441039
>>
Idris Elba
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.