[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writer's Guild of America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1328415984668.gif (471KB, 335x288px) Image search: [Google]
1328415984668.gif
471KB, 335x288px
the wga strike was kinda bs
basically a giant "we want a raise"
>$130 million more
to fuel my hatred, how do i find out which shows are actually written/produced or w/e by them?
i can't find any connections to current simpsons or family guy and that's kinda what i was hoping to justify my anger

can i at least pin it on capeshit or 80s sequel/reboots?
list some WGA productions
>>
>>82440532
>how do i find out which shows are actually written/produced or w/e by them?
they all are
>>
>>82440545
i read some article saying most lib cartoons are part of the animation guild instead which is separate
>>
>>82440545
prove it
>>
>>82440532
all i'm getting is snl writers and late night talk show writers
the only other projects i can find by these guys are "indie" films
so it turns out the opposite was true
i should have been supporting the strike?
>>
>>82440765
https://apps.wga.org/signatorycompanies/

if you are a signatory, your writers have to be a part of the WGA
>>
are non-wga shows eligible for wga awards?
i see those cartoons get those awards but it doesn't say they belong to the guild
>>
That is my favourite ever gif
>>
>>82441474
>search by companies
>type "fuzzy door"
>no results
i guess family guy is excluded
>search other cartoons
>no results for any of them
am i doing this wrong or something?

im gonna bump >>82441518 again because im pissed off that any time i type "wga" into google next to the show im curious about, i keep getting awards and "best of" lists
>>
>>82441683
family guy is definitely writer's guild

last time (2009?) there were articles about how seth macfarlane was supportive of the strike even though he's a producer (management in this situation) as well as a writer

Simpsons is definitely writer's guild, although they weren't during the 90s. that's why David X Cohen was able to go by his real middle initial "S" during his time on the Simpsons.

Futurama was writer's guild, and there was already a David S. Cohen, so he had to pick a different middle initial, and picked X because it sounded futuristic.
>>
>More and more people watch tv less nowadays
>More and more people dont go to the movies
>Companies have to pay more for advertising now for less to people to see the ad now
>Writers are now demanding more pay
>Movies are bombing left and right
>People only go to the theater to watch the newest Disney flick/ capeshit
>Actors demand outrageous salaries
>People are starting to give less of a shit about celebrities

The Hollywood crash is already here lads.
>>
>>82441944
it was 2007
and being supportive doesn't specifically mean his production had guild writers

i want to believe you, i just need something more concrete for when someone inevitably argues with me about this in the future

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Simpsons_episodes
joel is the only cohen mentioned as a writer

futurama ended years ago and isn't coming back, so i can't really connect it to the strike that just happened
>>
Writers get paid peanuts as it is because competition is so high and it's an easy job. With traditional revenues dropping the traditional tv writer becomes less valuable. They want gibs as a show of good faith.
>>
>>82442377
Construction workers have to compete with illegal immigrants and have a very hard job yet writers still get paid way more, please develop your theory more
>>
>>82440582

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/los-angeles-times/20170428/282003262319660
it says most cartoon writers were wga at some point
doesn't really clarify if they still are or not
>>
>>82442532
>income from resources built on taxes
vs
>income from resources built from cable/streaming subscription bills

hmmm
>>
>>82440532
>to fuel my hatred
You should kill yourself.
>>
>>82442635
>implying the Internet and cable transmission weren't both developed by government agencies using tax dollars
I bet you think the road system isn't built on taxes either
>>
is capeshit written by WGA?
>>
>>82443146
bump
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.