[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you signed Mike "the Corporate Hoe" Rowe's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 26

File: 1493826075744.jpg (273KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
1493826075744.jpg
273KB, 1024x862px
Have you signed Mike "the Corporate Hoe" Rowe's pledge yet, /tv/?

Also, new season of Dirty Jobs when?
>>
Is mike of jewish extraction?
>>
>>82434714
>white race

there was never such a thing

the blue race, however, is thriving
>>
Is this the cuck manifesto?
>>
>>82434570

I've always wondered what people who treat pic related seriously do in their spare time. I like to think they have personal hobbies, maybe read books to learn about the world, or spend some precious time bonding with their families, but that never seems to be the case. They think most hobbies are useless, never read anything, and treat their families like shit. Do they do anything at all besides waiting until they can work again?
>>
4chan as of late has been conservatard so it's awfully supsicious how hard this thread is going the opposite way as soon as it spawns.
>>
>>82434903
What?

You sound like someone who signed the pledge. Was #7 your favorite point?
>>
>>82434748
Read 5, 10, and 12. No Jew is going to sign off on those.

>>82434903
>B-b-but sitting in my room posting frogs on an internet image board is a job!
>>
>>82434957
>>82435012
I use the term conservatard and you still act this way? Hmmm.
>>
>>82435053

I'm >>82435012 and I was agreeing with you.
>>
>>82434570
stop spamming
>>
>>82434859
I grew up and live around people who would unironically call Rowe /theirguy/. They actually all hate their jobs and in their free time they just watch tv and drink cheap beer.
>>
>>82435132
What kind of work do they do? Are they all overweight?
>>
>>82435306
Blue collar jobs mostly. Idk how specific you want. But yes they're all overweight and so are their wives and children
>>
>>82434570
That right there is some blue pilled shit.
>>
>>82435407
Well all I know is that most construction workers I see are usually noticeably overweight which seems surprising since you would think that working on your feet all day and engaging in manual labor would keep you relatively fit.
>>
>>82434859
>Mike Rowe fans
>reading a book

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>82435513

Not hard to explain. Either they actually slack off a lot at work, and/or they eat like fucking pigs and think, "well, I lift things all day, so I should be fine to eat as much of anything I want!"
>>
>>82434570
I can't wait to see a bunch of divorced 55 year olds who work at a Walmart post this shit on Facebook in between articles from "patriot truth report" and pictures of skulls with flames next to them
>>
>>82434570
So this is the mentality that sells lotto tickets I suppose.
>>
>>82435613
It's mostly people in their early to mid 20s who dropped out of college who post this as they're going through their 2 month long trade school in order to "virtue signal" at their friends who are still in college
>hurr i didnt drop out because i lacked discipline; i did it because its a stupid dishonorable waste of time
>im gonna learn a trade and make 100k starting fresh out of trade school
>>
>The best way to demonstrate my value on the job is to show up early, leave late, and never complain
Said the person without a single marketable skill that anyone would possibly care about.
>>
>>82436597

Where the fuck are these people working where the whiners don't get rewarded and the stoics get the promotions? Has Mike rowe ever even worked white collar?
>>
>>82437034
No. He's been in acting his entire life.
>>
>it's a Mike read Who Moved My Cheese and took it to heart episode
>>
>things are good so you can never ever ever try to make things better
Also that smug ass grin is one of the most punchable faces I've seen in a while
>>
>>82434570
I can just see gen x and millennials reading the pledge, getting red in the face and screaming ITS NOT FAIR WAAAAAAAAAAHHHH BABY BOOMERS HAD IT SO EASY while the majority of them still live at home because they are too fucking lazy to get out there and get a J O B
>>
>>82435513
Food here is so calorically dense and lacking in basic nutrition that it's not hard at all to out eat the work you do at your job
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 1894x815px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 1894x815px
>>82434570
Hmmm
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with just waiting to die. It's the intended way to live in the modern world.
>>
>>82437566
Beat the fuck out, holy shit. I think Bill's new Netflix show is pretty cringy but he still is credible
>>
>>82437566

*cue music performance about putting things in your ass*
>>
>education is sitting in a library
Every employer will laugh at you. And rightly so.
>>
>>82437436
>t. Boomer
>>
>people think OP's image is werid or cucked
>surprised they all make under $15/hour

hmmmm
>>
>>82437887
I am currently eating a hamburger while getting 36/hr.
I have a house in a quiet neighborhood with a white picket fence, 2 kids, and a dog named Meatball.
Mike Rowe's cuckpledge is corporatist shit and so is he.
>>
>>82437969
>I am currently eating a hamburger while getting 36/hr.
t. lives with his mommy and daddy
>>
>>82437984
Nah.
I'm one of a handful of people on my city who know how to run/program a 6-axis CNC.

Mike Rowe is a cuck enabler.
>>
>>82437969
How are your wife's sons doing? Is Jamal doing ok in school? I know it must be hard for him.
>>
>>82434570
Pure wagecuckery

Put your head down and work goyim. Coming in early staying late and volunteering for everything isn't working for free it's how you get ahead.

See you on easy street wagecuck! Maybe just in time for your 70th birthday.

Fuck off with this shit.
>>
>>82438171
>t. pledge-signer
>>
>>82435931
.t Starbucks barista that graduated with a degree in basket-weaving studies that believes xhe is superior to dumb blue-collar plebs because xhe has a degree
>>
>>82435931
Nothing wrong with not going to college though
>>
>>82437436
Why would I want a job if I could comfortably live at home?
>>
based Mike

Why are Republican' celebrities understand us blue collar guys so much better. Most of these millionaire libcucks make millennials so entitled and they never worked a day in their life. They tell you how bad it is to a "wageslave" and there is a sense of entitlement for everything. You need tips, you need vacation hours, you need medical insurance, etc. What you need is to get off your lazy ass and love to work like Mike does.

Mike understand us folks and Hollywood just doesn't get it.
>>
>>82438171
How is your throat doing with the combined girth of Mike Rowe and your boss' dick jammed in there?
>>
File: 1493856050473.jpg (252KB, 1088x591px) Image search: [Google]
1493856050473.jpg
252KB, 1088x591px
>>82438406
Pretty good, dude.
>>
>>82437566
The difference is that Mike clearly lets people know he is only doing the job for the day. He hasn't renamed himself Mike "the trash collector guy"
>>
>>82439111
"Science guy" isn't exactly a professional job title either, bud. Any asshole on the street who has science as a hobby could call themselves that. At least Bill Nye has been trained and employed in STEM.
>>
Looks like a good formula to keep people obedient to the powerful. I'm sure people will eat it up.
>>
>>82439217
More of a Tem than a STEM. A therapist is doctor but you don't go to one for medical advice. Like you don't go to an engineer for genetics.
>>
>>82434570
Library cards cost $5 in New Zealand, scratch that one off the list please, thanks
>>
>>82434570
1. More or less "American Privilege"
2. The endgame of the pursuit of happiness is happiness, you clod.
3. There is a such thing as bad job. Coal mining, sewage maintenance, hitman, pediatrician, mortician, so on so forth.
4. That's a passion for getting shit done correctly, but most people still have a dream they want to follow.
5. Oh wow, a good point. That's 20%
6. I don't understand how the second sentence is related to the first. Compliance with what? The cops?
7. That makes you the bitchboy that has to clean up everyone's messes.
8. Yet he whines and complains about lazy millenials.
9. I do agree that you shouldn't stop learning. But critical to success? Not necessarily. He's at 2/9, this and 6 had half a point each
10. Bullshit asshole, you constantly take credit.
11. 3 points now. This world is one of struggle, and of inequality.
12. Uh, this directly contradicts the above the statement.

>this is just a list of MY personal feelings
Who gives a shit about what you think, Rowe? You're only good for Dirty Jobs and VO work. The greeks were right, actors are the lowest tier of society.
>>
>>82439332
This is for Ameriburgers only.
>>
>>82434570
>Mike "the Corporate Hoe" Rowe

Nice one, did your boyfriend come up with that?
>>
>>82442260
It rhymes and it's accurate.
Quit being a nigger.
>>
>>82439286
What about genetic engineering?
>>
>>82442461
Not an argument.
>>
>>82434570
The C.U.C.K Pledge
>>
>>82443095
Neither was the post I replied to. What's your point?
>>
Is this going to be reposted everyday now?
>>
>>82443329
Is Bill Nye going to be reposted everyday now?
>>
>>82443344
Is Colbert going to be reposted everyday? Is blacked? Is cunny?
Yes, this is /tv/ now
>>
File: faces_of_australian_640_07.jpg (41KB, 467x600px) Image search: [Google]
faces_of_australian_640_07.jpg
41KB, 467x600px
>all people are created equal

FUCK YOURSELF KIKE
>>
yeah, no. I'm not taking this fake ass "joe every day worker" douchebags serf pledge.

TL;DR:Don't aim high. We are your betters. You need to toil for us. But, don't expect a decent wage. And we'll lobby congress to suppress minimum wage, safety, and 40 hour work week laws. You are a slave. Aim low. Government housing is a great idea....that people like me lobby congress to get taken away from you.

No fucking thanks. I would not be sad if this fake fucking died. Can't stand pretenders.
>>
He needs to go back to the library with that free card and get smarter, he could have shortened all that down to 1 line "Don't be a nigger"
>>
File: 1493791814665.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1493791814665.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>82443445
The guy is a complete fraud and hypocrite whose only real jobs have been acting gigs (like QVC where he was fired 3 times and openly complained about the job on camera) who claims to support blue-collar workers but doesn't even support unions or the right to organize for better working conditions or even basic safety standards imposed on employers (look at points 6, 7, and 8).

Fuck him and his corporate shill agenda.
>>
>>82442976
"engineer" is being used loosely in that context
>>
Only a few of the things Mike Rowe says are stupid. Like you should be able to complain if there's something in your job that can easily be improved.

A lot of those Blue Collar jobs pay well. My cousin does AC Repair and owns a nice house in the suburbs.

Meanwhile there's a shitload of college grads living in squalor and debt. That includes a lot of my peers.
>>
>>82443559
What's wrong with 6? Safety is your responsibility.

There are also a shitload of dumb motherfuckers who don't think of their own well being and do dumb stuff like run on wet floors.
>>
>>82434570
show up early and stay late, and do all the crappy tasks, goy, while your wife is banging jamal in the kitchen.
>>
>>82443774
Yes you should not expect your employer to provide a safe working environment or equipment because he's already giving you the opportunity to work. Better show up early and maybe polish his shoes too. He'll appreciate that.
>>
>>82444106
That's not what it means. Safety being your responsibility is keeping an eye out for hazards and taking the proper steps to prevent them.

>E.G. You're a cook and food wasn't dated? Notifier your employer and throw it out as to avoid getting people sick.

Sounds like common sense right? There's lots of cooks who are too dumb or lazy to care.
>>
>>82444293
It goes both ways

If a company can't be assed to hire inspectors and maintenance to keep equipment and other safety measures in check, then yeah, don't complain about that so much and get back to work you damn ingrate.

Of course Mike Rowe's mentality and yours is that safety is ONLY the employees responsibility.
>>
>>82444393
I'm not Mike Rowe and I can't speak for him. But my interpretation of his Rule Six is greatly different from yours.

I think yours is comically off as it's disasterous for an employer to have injuries. It costs a lot of money to train replacements and they'll be on the hook for sick leave.

You're living in some Anarcho-Capitalist reality where employers don't give a shit about unsafe workplaces. That's far from the truth.
>>
>>82444681
Yeah okay you also seem to be living in a reality where people go to work and set themselves on fire for no reason.

Yeah I'm sure there are some crazy people out there who might just like there are outlier companies who don't give a shit. but why is the onus just on the employee, where is this fantasy world where people drive forklifts into walls cause they are just retarded.

Why even state that as a rule then? It literally states
>Safety is my responsibility.

No not the company's or my coworkers also, just mine. If I get hurt, its my fault or is he saying the only reason people get hurt at the workplace is if they are fucking retarded.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVEuPmVAb8o
>>
>>82434903
>implying the NEETsocs aren't the ones making these posts
>>
>>82444812
>taking advice about not "following your passion" from an opera singer and professional actor

Naw, fuck this guy.
>>
>>82434570
Up to number 7.

No one should ever have to work unpaid overtime, or perform duties unrelated to their work.
>>
Ask yourself why most of the richest men in the world never even went to college
>>
>>82445193
Bill Gates went to Harvard for several semesters
>>
>>82444782
It doesn't say Safety is solely your responsibility. But it is your responsibility. I didn't save the gif/webm of this horrific workplace catastrophe but it's out there, here's the news article.

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-11-01/local/me-14439_1_scaffold

This is a perfect example of how employees DON'T look out for their own safety. They should have been smarter and not pushed Metal Scaffolding past live electricity. That's not making Safety your responsibility.
>>
Number 11 should trigger the remaining Bernouts on here
>>
>tfw having to do online courses for working at a healthcare company despite just being a runner and not actually working in a hospital
>>
>>82434859
Gotta love how this post says everything about this person and nothing about the people he's trying to put on the spot.
>>
>>82438406
>Why are Republican' celebrities understand us blue collar guys so much better. Most of these millionaire libcucks make millennials
You and your post are a mess. Seriously, honestly. You're so biased towards your brand of politics you don't realize you're discussing the same privileged people, but imagining there's some kind of distinction because the media skullfucked you during the election.
It's like you were born to be dominated and abused while asking for more. It's also funny how the board is full of you.
>>
>>82445490
Dude you're so much smarter than us. You're like the Superman Nietzsche wrote of.
>>
File: 1477086126852.jpg (540KB, 1835x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1477086126852.jpg
540KB, 1835x1408px
>>82434570
I think that this is a good way to have a meaningless but necessary unsecured life. Yeah you'll live and be productive, but you'll never be above another person, and you'll be fucked over the first chance (((they))) can get. Without ever knowing truly why besides blaming it on life not being fair, and accepting being a massive cuck slave like a white chad being cucked by a skinny black kid in high school.
>>
>>82434570
I can get why you anons would find this virtue signaling, but all the statements on the paper I find very respectable to do, what's wrong with having these outlooks?

Being a hard worker and trying to improve yourself really triggers you guys that much?
>>
>>82445220
And he ran away from that shit
>>
>>82434570

>1. I have won the greatest lottery of all time
>10. I believe I am a product of my choices not my circumstances
>>
>>82445610
Because the modern nu-male associates hard work with working at mcdonalds or some shit. It's unconceivable that you can interpret this to say that to become a doctor you have to work really hard at that, I don't know which of these points says "be a corporate drone, these are the only jobs that are allowed".
>>
>>82445665
Just because you are given the tools does not mean you or many people would put the effort to do anything with them
>>
>>82434570
>I will cheerfully be exploited
Lol slave mentality. I bet he is a christian.
>>
>>82439507
There are lots of bad jobs. Without minimum wage, in the past, there were people who were working full time and still starving. There are people who have to work incredibly dangerous jobs for low pay.

Flipping burgers is not a bad job of course.
>>
>All people are created equal
Who started this meme?
>>
>>82445692
Me either, I want to get into biological research involving animal science, and for years I've started with volunteering at animal shelters to being an intern at a vet's office for 4 years, now I'm working on my own research project at college which will all help with my resume, not just by working at Mcdonald's, it's a no brainer really.
>>
File: 1493955619026.jpg (14KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1493955619026.jpg
14KB, 229x220px
>>82445703
>Ok mop up the floors before your shift ends
>I'M NOT YOUR WAGEKEK SLAVE YOU CORPORATE KEK
>>
>>82444293
How would you respond to aerosols from serum that are from query tuberculosis infected?

Your employer insists there is no risk despite all standards saying otherwise. How would you personally look after your safety in this situation? Will you build a category 3 laboratory with your own hands and money?
>>
>>82439507
5. is not a good point, it's outright retarded. Debt is an incredibly useful financial tool. Without debt, most companies couldn't exist, and it would be impossible for most people to buy useful assets like houses.

There's nothing wrong with debt, as long as you can pay it.

Rowe is just clueless about finance.
>>
>>82445796
>Mention Christians
>Gets low brow straw-man response

lel
>>
File: Mike Rowe sweat pledge.jpg (180KB, 912x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mike Rowe sweat pledge.jpg
180KB, 912x768px
>>82434570
this image has been getting too much mileage lately
>>
>>82445855
Yet you call working your job being "exploited" I guess I'm "exploiting" the cashier and doctor when I ask for their services
>>
>>82445193
Absolutely false
>>
>>82434570
>Don't try and get the job you want. Just take any job and make it the job you want.

>If there's something wrong with my job I shouldn't bring it up with my superiors. It's me who has the problem and I should either learn to live with it or find a new job.

>If I grow up in an impoverished place that lacks the means of helping me get out of there to find a job it's my fault for not trying hard enough not where I live and the circumstances that come with it.

>Never take on any debt i.e don't go to any post secondary education unless you already have the money to afford it.

Fuck this guy.

>>82445143
Get a load of this parasite not willing to do extra unpaid work that will never get recognized because they now know you're their bitch. Who doesn't wanna be the bosses bitch?
>>
>>82445876
I wonder if this image will be in history textbooks as a way of describing America before its collapse.
>>
>>82445618
Because he was literally to intelligent 4 skool
>>
>>82445955
This is projecting to the fucking max
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 289x289px
>need 2 years of experience before being able to get entry level jobs here
>>
>>82445926
More straw manning like a total retard.
>>
>>82434570
It's funny how inconsistent this thing is. If 10 and 12 were true, it would follow that the world would be fair, yet this is explicitly denied by 11. 1 and 10 also contradict each other, as being born in America is certainly not a choice.
>>
>>82446064
But staying where you are obviously is. Your primary goal should simply be you trying to get out of the shit hole you're in. Disregard everything else like family, otherwise you're not putting in enough work ethic. They'll just hold you back and do not accept any help from them. It is you and only you that can help you succeed.
>>
>>82446028
>He doesnt lie about his experience and get made CEO instead of the entry level position.
>>
>>82445823
I'd get the fuck out of there and even look out to alert local media as any sane person should.

And I don't think Mike Rowe would disagree.

You're twisting his words to create insane arguments, it's fucking stupid. If I stated "Men should never hit women" you could go and say "What if the woman is trying to murder you."

Well yeah then hit the bitch but you're missing the point of what I said.
>>
File: 1490637263906.gif (3MB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
1490637263906.gif
3MB, 512x368px
The Shame and Cruelty of the GOP | The Resistance with Keith Olbermann | GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAChqYKslGs
>>
>>82446329
>you're missing the point of what I said.
>Men should never hit women
>Well yeah then hit the bitch

Literal contradiction. Start making logical sense or don't post again.
>>
File: 1408617916200.png (22KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1408617916200.png
22KB, 200x194px
>I'm a millionaire but I'm like so blue collar
>>
File: annie clark st vincent.gif (386KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
annie clark st vincent.gif
386KB, 500x281px
President Donald Trump’s Dizzying Series Of Interviews | Morning Joe | MSNBC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDj9E2dgWs
>>
File: jodie foster.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
jodie foster.gif
2MB, 320x240px
OOPS! Jared Kushner Tried To Hide Soros Ties
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVUejPhB5o
>>
I have to get a job in a week or I'm homeless. Should I just kill myself?
>>
File: jennifer connelly.gif (230KB, 350x275px) Image search: [Google]
jennifer connelly.gif
230KB, 350x275px
Why Won’t the Press Ask Trump Anything? | The Resistance with Keith Olbermann | GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRU51OvhSyw
>>
>>82445935
>top 5 billionaires in the world
>only 2 finished college
>>
>>82446490
yes

think of how much further suffering you will save yourself from
>>
File: arthur.gif (3MB, 697x458px) Image search: [Google]
arthur.gif
3MB, 697x458px
Merkel Had To Explain EU Trade To Trump ELEVEN TIMES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6nG50BxUD8
>>
>>82437566
This had a good point until his netflix show was about "science".
>>
>work shitty job
>have six figures in the bank while still saving money each month even though my pay is average
Is it really this easy?
>>
File: cuck pledge.jpg (153KB, 663x715px) Image search: [Google]
cuck pledge.jpg
153KB, 663x715px
>>
>>82446377
It's not a contradiction. Don't hit women refers to spousal abuse and it's a terrible epidemic. It's not in response to the small amount of times where women harm men.

Mike Rowe isn't saying don't be a subservient bitch, he's just saying don't be lazy and work your damn job.

Jesus Christ.
>>
Idiot. I've heard this man speak live at SkillsUSA, where he tries to get young impressionable high schoolers indoctrinated on this by emphasizing his actual good points but hiding the shitty ones.

Everyone knows that if you display even the most basic competence in a job, your reward is that you get to do less-competent people's jobs in addition to your own, most frequently without a raise. They might throw you a fancier title if you're lucky. I'm currently doing what used to be three other people's jobs in addition to my own after they were fired/displayed incompetence/ran away from the shitshow of this office, respectively.

I'm outta here at the end of the month. Good job replacing me, cunts.
>>
>>82446601
>Don't hit women refers to spousal abuse and it's a terrible epidemic. It's not in response to the small amount of times where women harm men.

Then specify that. Don't be vague.

Not even that other Anon. I'm just sick of imprecise language and concepts.
>>
>>82446507
4 of them went to college. And 5 is not a representative sample size anyways. Take a look at the Forbes list of billionaires, by far most went to college.
>>
>>82443559
>if your jealous
My jealous what?
>>
>>82446655
What about millionaires musicians and actors
>>
I believe people need to work hard too but that pledge is some fucking bullshit.

>"My safety is my responsibility".
What a load of bullshit, so if you don't have the fucking equipment to be safe or your company is not doing basic shit to help the workers is your own fault if you get hurt.

This guy is a fucking corporate tool and an idiot.

>I deplore debt.
So that guy has never used a credit card on his life?.
>>
>>82446685
There are far, far more non-millionaire actors/musicians who need to take side jobs to make ends meet.
>>
File: IMG_4419.png (6KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4419.png
6KB, 178x178px
>>82434852
Be quiet goy! uh I mean guy! Can't you see that Mike Rowe is the perfect worker!? You need to be more like him, work more and ask for less!
>>
>>82446685
Completely outnumbered by regular, non famous millionaires with college degrees.
>>
>>82437566
>netflix show about science
>doesn't actually discuss science
really makes me think
>>
>>82434570
>same fucking threads every goddamn day
let's just nuke /tv/ this board is worthless now
>>
>>82446211
Has this ever actually happened?
That would be pretty fucking funny if it did.
>>
>>82446351
Why is a disgruntled sportscaster the leader of the "resistance"?
>>
>>82434570
This is what millennials need.

Learn how to shut up and work hard.
>>
So he basically wants the American version of a salaryman?
>>
File: 1466291451886.png (297KB, 518x656px) Image search: [Google]
1466291451886.png
297KB, 518x656px
>>82439111
>only does job for one day at a time
>hoo boy, I'm such a man's man, eh guys? real salt of the earth! remember to work hard, because you'll get rich!
>>
>>82437969
>names dog after food
American spotted.
>>
>>82445569
You got any better ideas?
>>
>>82445569
>cuck slave
Anitfa/Occupy detected

working for a wage is nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
I already signed the S.L.A.V. pledge.
>>
File: 3409.png (620KB, 470x636px) Image search: [Google]
3409.png
620KB, 470x636px
Why does he look like he's about to burst out laughing?
>>
>>82448178
Because he is over the age of 40 without major health problems from a life of manual labor, unlike the poor cucks who sign the pledge
>>
File: hayden panettierre.gif (2MB, 279x231px) Image search: [Google]
hayden panettierre.gif
2MB, 279x231px
Ivanka Trump Booed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkIvdwXtEY
>>
>>82437436
Hi, Mike. You should go back to doing voiceovers. You're clearly shit at making anything of quality
>>
>>82448392
He worked hard all his life

You think getting up at 6 am everyday to put on make up and do voice overs is easy?
>>
File: angry.gif (632KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
angry.gif
632KB, 440x247px
>>82434570
The Wage Slave Pledge
>>
>>82447600
Millennials are working harder than the previous generation. We just can't afford anything because everything costs 10x as much as before boomers tanked the economy and legalized bribery.

Also you're either underage b&, a grandpa, or a millennial yourself. So no matter what the case, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>82434570
>Debt fueled service economy
>I deplore debt
>>
>>82443774
Then you have to compete with guys who don't give a fuck about safety standards and do their job better and more effective, while you'll keep bitching about possibly hurting yourself and get fired.
>>
Why does he never speak of the myriad of issues and shitty work in the trades?
>>
>>82434570
>He typed that corporate autism out and sent it to a professional printer
America was a colossal fucking mistake
>>
I honestly wish I could somehow put my life on a screen to show people how much I am busting my ass just to buy a house and still not be able to make it. I rent a room in a house to save up as much as I can and make good money in a refinery and its STILL not enough. I can't speak for everyone in their late 20s/early 30s but I don't believe my parents worked nearly this hard for the shit they had
>>
>>82434570
As a modern conservative and a /r/The_Donald user, I have signed the pledge.
>>
>>82446626
I work in manufacturing making an expensive custom product. Now that the economy is growing and unemployment is almost zero where I live, everyone at my job is quitting. The only people left at my job are the ones who are too old and stupid to do anything else. The rest of us young cucks are being pushed into the areas that everyone hates. The people who can do these shit tasks keep quitting because they know they can do better, and so the shit tasks pile up on fewer people. So guess what, more hard working cucks are quitting where I work.

Mike Rowe could get away with his bullshit only because of the recession when people were desperate.
>>
>>82449818
I don't even try anymore. This is my life now.
>>
>>82434570
I'm too ugly and stupid to ever follow this pledge. The only reason I am liberal is because I shouldn't exist. I think a lot of the whiners ITT hating on the SWEAT Pledge feel the same about themselves.
>>
>the only way to win against the system and politics is to get a degree so your job pays a bit more than other jobs
Lel
>>
Reminder labor unions are staunchly Democrat
>>
>>82449818
What's your wage? I make 50/hr at a refinery
>>
>>82435513
When you eat 5,000 calories of cheap fast food every day it's not hard to see how these people stay fat. I was relatively thin going into blue collar work, but started ballooning up. All it took to slim back down was to eat my own food instead of going out to Taco Bell, Burger King, or McDonalds every day for lunch. It also doesn't help that a lot of these dudes don't just eat like shit, they also go home and drink 6 beers with their supersized meals. That kind of drinking with that kind of diet easily packs on pounds even if you're doing nonstop cardio and lifting all day.
>>
>>82434570
If you work with any sort of diversity hire you can go ahead and forget about this cuck pledge. People think I'm racist for only hiring white people and maybe I am, but working 10+ years in blue collar work has taught me to hate minorities in the work place. They're always lazy, entitled, and never step up to do anything outside of their job description. I can't tell you how many times I'd show up to work and watch my minority coworkers just stand around and speak in gibberish mud language to each other every day for their entire shifts. I once worked alongside a guy who was getting paid more than me despite us having the same position and I'd intentionally fuck shit up just to see if he'd catch it and not once did he ever fix anything.
>>
>>82451465
I hope the McDonalds you're managing goes under
>>
>>82451773
It's a landscaping company and it's rough trying to work without hiring illegals. Real employees actually cost money to employ seeing as they want real competitive wages for the actual work they do.
>>
>>82446586
Nice, I feel like it should have been "slave" in this image though.
>>
>>82434570
DUDE JUST SUBMIT TO YOUR CORPORATE MASTERS LMAO
>>
Why are millennials so scared of hard work?
>>
>>82453964
Why are you so obsessed with it?
>>
>>82437566
appeal to authority fallacy.

It doesn't matter what their credentials are. Just that their reasoning is sound and their arguments are marshaled.
>>
>>82434570
I strongly agree with 5, the first sentence of 8, 11, and 12.
>>
>>82434570
I don't get it.
>>
>>82434570
>get incredibly lucky
>"WOW WHY CAN'T OTHER PEOPLE JUST BOOTSTRAP THEMSELVES UP AND GET RICH LIKE ME???"
Every fucking time.
>>
>>82453964
I think it's the Liberty/Productivity issue. We have access to more pleasurable activities than any other generation. Yet increasing our station in life requires productivity which requires discipline. Discipline cuts away from leisure time so the incentive not to devote time to discipline so is stronger than it's ever been. This generation also questions the link between effort and reward more than any other generation. This is my general hypothesis...
>>
>>82434570
>being grateful you live in America during current year

That's racist.
>>
>>82439507
>2. The endgame of the pursuit of happiness is happiness, you clod.
His point is that while you are entitled to the pursuit of happiness, you are not entitled to a guarantee that it will work out.

>6. I don't understand how the second sentence is related to the first. Compliance with what? The cops?
Compliance with safety laws and regulations in the workplace. If you'd worked a day in your life you'd get what this means. It's especially clear when you realize the context of this is aimed at blue collar workers who often face very real physical dangers on a daily basis in their jobs.

>10. Bullshit asshole, you constantly take credit.
You're gonna need to back this one up. When did he ever take credit for something he didn't do? He's talking about taking credit for circumstances of your birth and shit like that, saying you should only be proud of things you've personally done yourself.

>12. Uh, this directly contradicts the above the statement.
"All people are created equal" is not contradictory with the sentiment "Not all people are treated fairly in birth or in life." He's saying that individuals are not inherently superior or inferior to each other (i.e., racism/sexism ideals) but that doesn't contradict the fact that their circumstances are unequal.
>>
>>82447807
He never tried to portray himself as that. The entire point of Dirty Jobs was to make the average person who usually scoffs at that kind of work appreciate the people who do put up with it on a daily basis and show how truly hard it is by doing it himself for a day.
>>
>>82444393
>If a company can't be assed to hire inspectors and maintenance to keep equipment and other safety measures in check, then yeah, don't complain about that so much and get back to work you damn ingrate.

That's not the meaning at all. The point is that shit happens and even if everyone is following every rule and law and even if everything is regularly inspected, shit can go wrong and you can't use compliance as an excuse to be inattentive. Unexpected shit can happen, and there are a lot of idiots who just coast by thinking nothing can go wrong if they're following the technical rules, so they just stop paying attention and get themselves or someone near them hurt or killed.
>>
If you for a single moment thought this list as inspiring, or life-changer, you are a cuck
>>
>>82454891
>He never tried to portray himself as that.
Not on the show, but afterwards he certainly has. His entire public persona is built around the idea of promoting blue-collar values and work ethic. Just watch that Prager video someone posted. Mike Rowe. These days he's most notable for talking about hard work and acting like he's an authority on labor because he hosted a TV show.
>>
I'm just gonna run for congress at this point so I can get a pension for life on a 2-year term
>>
Feels good to work in a merit based industry where this list actually applies
>>
>>82455368

>host a tv show where you meet hundreds of blue collar workers over the course of 7 years
>work at all these jobs for a day while being instructed by the workers
>grow an admiration for the hardworking people you've spent time with for over 7 years
>start internalizing their work ethic and values and seeing it as a great mindset to have
>start spreading these ideas because you think if everyone acted this way the world would be a better place, and you have the influence to reach so many people.

>LAWL WHAT A FRAUD HE'S NOT REALLY A BLUE COLLAR WORKER HE'S RICH

He's never claimed to be anything other than a TV spokesman. He just fell in love with blue collar ideals and wants to spread them because he thinks they're good for everyone in any job or level of society.
>>
>>82453964
Why do baby boomers make it so hard to get a job? Why can't I walk in with my firm handshake and smooth haircut and the proper skill set and get the fucking job why do I have to go through 20 years of schooling pay 100,000 dollars obtain a license write up a resume cover letter portfolio pay a fee take an interview and an exam just to get the fucking job. Fuck I'll just work part time at a grocery store fuck you
>>
>>82455644
>He's never claimed to be anything other than a TV spokesman.
Then why has he launched political organizations, given talks about works ethic, and organized things like that pledge? He's not just hosting a TV show, he's making himself an authority on blue collar work and labor issues.
>>
>>82434859
they probably don't sit around watching anime and eating cheetos all day you fat fuck
>>
>>82456310

I already answered that here:
>>start spreading these ideas because you think if everyone acted this way the world would be a better place, and you have the influence to reach so many people

He's not lying and saying he's from a blue collar background or some shit. He just spent a ton of time around blue collar people and respects them. He's all about spreading these blue collar ideals, and you don't have to be a factory worker to do that.
>>
>>82434957
*raises paw*
I found the cuck
>>
>salty nihilistic socialists spending their whole days shitposting on an image board about fantasies
>complaining about other people appreciating life and enjoying their jobs
par for the course
>>
>>82457242
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>82457409
I'm paraphrasing a good half of the thread
are you salty? ;-)
>>
File: 1353452345.gif (3MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1353452345.gif
3MB, 316x213px
>mfw there are literally people out there that think working harder = having your ass planted in a chair for more hours a day than the other guy
>>
>>82457242
t. wagecuck
>>
>>82434570
Are we being raided? The only time I see liberalism on /tv/ is when I click the "REEEE MIKE ROWE" thread.
>>
File: Karl_Marx.jpg (980KB, 1280x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx.jpg
980KB, 1280x1500px
>>82434570
He tried to warn us. We don't deserve you Papa Karl
>>
>>82457800
Back to r/the_donald with your bullshit, faggot. Clearly the only people who would have a problem with this wagecuck 101 pledge would be outsiders, right?

If you don't see any problem with point #7 you've got the mentality of a slave and deserve to suffer for your stupidity.
>>
>>82434570
>The SLAVE plege
>being proud of being a slave
Good boy. Now get out there and give a stranger a hand job.
>>
>>82457113
>He's not lying and saying he's from a blue collar background or some shit.
No, he'll just put on an dirty looking t-shirt and ballcap, and make videos about how people shouldn't follow their passions.

My point isn't that he's a fraud, it's that he's trying to present himself as some kind of authority on blue collar labor. And he's not. Hosting a TV show and respecting people that shovel shit doesn't make you qualified to lecture people about work ethic or get into political activism. He seems like a good guy, and I'm sure his heart is in the right place, but it's obvious he doesn't really know what he's talking about, and many of the ideas he's promoting are actually harmful to the people he respects.
>>
>>82457800
/tv/ is constantly being raided. You just don't notice it when it reinforces your beliefs.
>>
>>82457865
>>82458253
Are you from /r/communism or Facepunch?
>>
>>82458363
Exactly. /tv/ is nothing but sub wars between all you cancerous fucks.

Go back.
>>
>>82453964
Why do faggots always complain about Millenials every time someone wants to be treated right for the work they do?
>>
>>82454505
If you're basing a hypothesis on a generational gap, you've already fucked up
>>
>>82458468
I personally prefer the days when Pinkerton agents were kicking people's teeth in for demanding payment in real currency.
>>
>>82457863
yeah we needed to get a hundred million more people killed
>>
>>82457800
This isn't liberalism. If it was liberals, it'll be something like:
>If you don't like your job, you should go to college and pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a degree so you could maybe get a better job
>Just follow your dreams and bee yourself. Everything will work out in the end
>Turn your work into play. You should only work what you love and love what you work.
>Your boss is treating you like shit? Well, maybe you should get a hobby/watch this new tv show/go out drinking/take drugs to take your mind off of things?
Also, wagecucks need to go >>>/out/. I know people gotta work for a living, but romanticizing it and telling people they should just let themselves get walked over is the worst. You're scum
>>
>>82449818
>don't believe my parents worked nearly this hard for the shit they had
They didn't. My Greatest Generation grandfather and Baby Boomer uncle were able to purchase two large houses apiece over the course of their lives, with all four of them being located in convenient and crime-free locations. Neither of them had more than a high school education, but were gainfully employed for decades and retired without health problems in their 60s.
>>
>>82458591
>muh hundred gorillion
>>
>>82458973
>Also, wagecucks need to go >>>/out/. I know people gotta work for a living, but romanticizing it and telling people they should just let themselves get walked over is the worst. You're scum

I agree with everything on OP's list. I put in the work, I keep my nose to the grindstone, I do what's expected of me plus more. So far this has gotten me promoted consistently. And the thing is, I'm making 3x more money than I actually need. Between living expenses and hobbies, I can live comfortably on $20k per year (post-tax) and still play all the vidya I want, go out all I want, and take a couple plane trips per year.

But because of just sucking it up and actually putting good effort in at work, I currently make $60k per year and I save all that extra money I don't spend and put it into 401k and investments, and now I'm on track to retire in my late 30s or early 40s. At that point I'll be financially independent and not need a job at all, meanwhile all the people ITT who whine about "wagecucks" and how doing more than the bare minimum at work makes the corporate overlords win will be scraping by for the rest of their lives and either working until they die or retiring at 65 and hoping to fall back on Social Security and shit.

So who's the real cuck here?
>>
>>82459683
>So who's the real cuck here?

You.
>>
>>82459683
You.
>>
>>82459683
>he brags about making $60k

Wagecuck as fuck
>>
>>82459683
>So who's the real cuck here?
People who spend what little time they imply having outside of work glorifying how much they work would be among them imo

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong about people who want to work hard if they get some tangible rewards, but almost everyone I have read arguing in this thread has gone too far one way or the other when putting forward their good work ethic vs. subservient behaviour argument.
>>
>>82454226
conservative were questioning his credentials you fucking idiot

this is refuting that
>>
>>82434570
Yeah this list is great if you're self employed. Otherwise you're busting your ass to make someone else rich while being completely at their mercy for wage and advancement.
>>
>>82445852

Wow, way to strawman his argument.

When companies and individuals "leverage" debt they do so in a way that is purposeful and intended to do them better - they don't expect to lose out.

What Mike is going after is credit card and financing abuse (Do you remember what caused 08 FC bud?).

Is a private debt:GDP of 200% good to you? Think.

source: http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/private-debt-to-gdp

Also debt does not make it possible for you to purchase assets like houses; financing does. This is a bit pedantic, but if you know anything about finance you'll understand where I'm coming from. Also let's consider the effects of easy, no-questions-asked capital a la 08 and right now with student financing.
>>
>>82457863

Look! Another asshat who probably has never read Das Kapital or any other work of Marx!

>Labor & Social Theories of value
>Historical Materialism
>Notion of Communism as a stateless society

These are all flawed.

Also the flaws of socialist/communist economics, like the lack of/distortion of the price mechanism, etc.

Marx didn't deserve the clout he got back in the 19th C. or now.
>>
>>82460600

Not him, but considering that ~70% lives on less than 10/day...

$60,000/annum is over 15% of ~70% of the world's population. Also he likely doesn't have perfect specialization (No economy ever will), so, yeah, he's doing pretty fucking good.

source: http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/08/news/economy/global-low-income/
>>
>>82461378
15x, not 15%.

So yeah, doing better than almost everyone alive. Yeah, he has no reason to be grateful...
>>
>>82461378
Yeah, and literal slaves in China make handbags for Walmart, what's your point? A "global economy" is a race to the bottom in terms of wages and standard of living that is completely unnecessary for Westerners to engage in and should do everything in their power to maintain our ways of life and not fall for the "globalization" meme.
Just because the 6 billion other people on this planet who didn't even exist or have the capacity to 50 years ago live miserable lives doesn't mean everyone needs to.
>>
>>82460971
>way to strawman his argument.
That's not really what he did, and you're just putting words in Mike's mouth to make up for his shitty statement. Here's the exact way that point is worded:

>I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather live in a tent and eat beans than borrow money to pay for a lifestyle I can't afford.

That's a blanket statement about how people should avoid all kinds of debt. Including borrowing money to buy a house. He's not saying "don't rack up credit card debt" or "only use financing wisely," he's saying you would be better off living in a tent than borrowing money to buy a house.
>>
>>82461378
The irony of your post is that you bring into account context when the other poster's point was, also, context.

Just because people in the third world get by on absolute poverty wages -- which is contextual to what we consider poverty-tier wages -- doesn't mean someone making more in the first world necessarily disqualifies them as having a low wage, within the context of the first world.

You could make $15k a year and it is likely more than X% of the world population, but that doesn't make you not-poor in the first world just because it's more than a third worlder earns annually.
>>
>>82434570
WE
>>
>>82462340
WUZ
>>
>>82462634
CORPORATE
>>
>>82462666
checked
>>
File: pinopepe.png (549KB, 1493x1567px) Image search: [Google]
pinopepe.png
549KB, 1493x1567px
>baw i dont want to work for a living i want to suck the government teet
>>
>>82462720
The complaints in this thread are literally "gibsmedats: the posts."

Boomers fucked you over sure, but guess what - being an adult means fixing your own problems as well as those handed to you.
>>
>>82462951
>being an adult means eating shit and smiling about it!
>>
File: B0rYAtUIYAAE8Mc.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
B0rYAtUIYAAE8Mc.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>82448420
>young turks
>>
>>82434570
Brainwashed and proud!
>>
>>82446329
>I'd get the fuck out of there and even look out to alert local media as any sane person should.

You are a fucking child.
>>
>>82455644
>He just fell in love with blue collar ideals

This fucking deranged animal thinks sucking dick doing dangerous work for insufficient pay is a blue collar ideal? Unions need to start fucking killing people again.
>>
>>82464190
If people will risk their ass for a shit job in the US is the pay really insufficient, its evidently better than other options.
>>
>>82461464
>American makes slightly above average salary
>HE'S DOING BETTER THAN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES OK, HE'S A WINNER
>>
>>82447846
He's a rescued bulldog and he was a fat ass.
>>
>>82435513
Ever hear of beer? Most blue collar workers are drunks. It's a cheap escape from the torture of working for assholes.Drink a 12 pack everynight and see how quickly you loose your girlish figure.
>>
Uh oh, compromise! The natural enemy of teens and college students who all want to be the star of their own television series.
>>
>>82445973

MUH LATE CAPITALISM meme.
>>
>millionaire who is rich because he'll pretend to work a few hours a week telling poor people about work ethic

>240 replies and 25 images omitted
>>
>>82455644
You're still of misrepresenting it. I've seen this show. It's a good show, but it shows people who are likeable experts in their field doing professional labor by the book in a location in which it makes money. It doesn't show the shady shit that small business owners pull when there aren't cameras. Shady shit that they have to pull because owning a small business is fucking impossible when you're competing with an even shadier giant corporation who will gladly snap up disgruntled employees and then make them cut even more corners.
Rowe's living in a utopia. He can't see the millions of disaffected people because he's only ever seen the happy people with a purpose. The fact of the matter is that the gap between work put in and reward received is lessening just a little bit every year. Just ask any employee at the bottom of the ladder at a blue collar job. They'll say their company expects more from them and their pay is becoming less worth it. Part of that is just human tendency towards bitching, but not entirely.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.