[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He was a good villain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_3134.jpg (114KB, 1920x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3134.jpg
114KB, 1920x797px
He was a good villain.
>>
literally the most stereotypical villain i've seen
>>
>>82434085
For you.
>>
>>82434085
Only because he was Kurt Rusell
>>
>killed a woman because he loved her so much she threatened to make him forget his purpose

That's got a real mythological vibe to it.
>>
>>82434138
pretty much this
He was as cookie cutter as it comes for villains. Without Kurt Russell, this would've just been "generic Marvel copypasted villain #2948"
>>
>>82434138
That's Jeff Bridges.
>>
>>82434631
Shieeet
>>
>>82434243
>Consider all life a huge dissapointment so decides to just wipe it all
>Find a lifeform that he genuinely loves and is worth it
>Nah fuck it Ego's Ambition is better

I actually liked that the power of love wasn't strong enough to redeem this evil planet
>>
File: 1449874458479.gif (3MB, 628x402px) Image search: [Google]
1449874458479.gif
3MB, 628x402px
>>82434138
True. If it were anybody else I don't think it would have been as memorable, although the fact that he was a celestial really grabbed me. Really added to the reveal of Star Lord's heritage. Starlord is basically intergalactic superman
>>
>>82434138
I'm so happy that Kurt Russell is getting more parts
>>
>>82434108
Yeah, so many My Dad is God movies lately, how bourgeois.
>>
>>82434866
Also that he had to get rid of her or lose his own sense of Destiny and accept becoming less than he could ultimately be.
>>
>>82434988
Thats a good way to explain it, although I am wondering one thing. If Ego never knew what happened to Peter when he was a kid, why didn't he just go straight to Yondu and find out where the fuck he went if he wondered that much? Or did he just assume that Peter was incapable of harnessing such celestial powers until he heard of infinity stone finale from the first one?
>>
>>82434108
That's not Ronan/Malekith
>>
>>82434946
Yeah, so many The Guy Who Came To Our Rescue Isn't Actually Who He Say He Is And Actually A Villain Who Told The Hero He Is Bad For No Reason Other Than A Lame Excuse To Turn The Hero Away From Him And You Have To Use Your Heart And Someone Who Isn't Really Important Dies At The End And The Ever So New Plotline Of "Heroes Don't Get Along At First But In The End They Do".
i was really shocked and surprised throughout the film, it will be remembered for generations to come just for those post credits scenes that when someone will watch the movie in 20 years on tv would know exactly what is going on and how it all is a big universe with those movies that came 20 years ago.
>>
>>82435067
That is the exact reason. He had no reason to believe any of his offspring could do it considering all the previous failures. The moment Quil did that (held the infinity stone) it was the only explanation.
>>
>>82434243
this.
>tfw you fall in love with mortal and you have to kill her now in order to ascertain your own personal pursuits

Really captures how sometimes being locked into a relationship curbs one's true aspirations. Although he wanted love, he knew he couldn't have it if he wanted to ascertain his purpose and fulfill his "ego".
>>
why did ego decided to look like a human and why his brain looked like a human's brain?
>>
>>82434946
this guy is reddit

>>82435164
this guy is 4chan

the more you know.
>>
>>82434243
>>82434866
>>82434988

PGTOW

Is Ego the living planet literally /OurGuy/ ?
>>
>>82435393
Hey Reddit!
>>
>>82434085

>Literally fucks an undisclosed amount of species across the galaxy
>"Falls in love" with some hick, leaves em anyway because of risking his destiny to shape the universe to his liking
>Asks yondu to find and retrieve peter on earth
>Decides he is disappointed with all species across the galaxy and wants to start over, but he wants a celestial child to help him?
>yondu knowing the fate of Ego's previous children (How?) decides to shield peter from such a fate by adopting him for his protection
>Ego never wonders what became of earth child until hearing of GoTG finale event
>Finds Peter and attempts to enlist his help in revamping the galaxy
>Plan still gets canned because "You tumor'd my mom to death you psychopath"

What I would like to know most is How did he not contract any STD's and what is his fucking secret
>>
>>82435067
Yondu probably did his best to avoid him. And yeah, he probably just assumed it wasn't worth trying too hard to track him down until he heard about the Ronan thing.
>>
>>82435393
*fart*
>>
>>82434085
>Claims to be "Immortal"
>Shapeshifts into CGI young Kurt Russell
>Appears old when re-introduced back into the movie
>Shapeshifts his body to The fucking Hoff
>Still chooses to remain old kurt russell

Why
>>
I still can't get over how Rocky & and Hannah Montana were both in this movie.
>>
>>82435588
It's how he chooses to appear to Quill because it's the right age for an Earth dad.
>>
>>82435588
Because he wanted to appear his father would to relate to Peter more.
>>
>>82435588
>ffo niarb ruoy nrut tsuj edud
>>
>has never seen or heard of a human, or any other form of life
>"I wanted to live exactly like a human"
>creates a specifically contemporary model of something he has never perceived or thought about before, in order to go look for beings akin to said model
please explain
>>
>>82435469
Well, actually he decided he wanted to wipe out the galaxy and start over with the help of a child before he met Peter's mom, but yea you are on the right track sort of.

Also this >>82435667 fucking how?
>>
>>82435667
also why is brain looked exactly like a human brain
>>
>>82435667
This.
>>
>>82435588
DUDE 80s LMAO
>>
>>82435729
>>82435735
>>82435588
>>82435469
>>82435164
>>82434866
>>82434243
>>82434108

This is why DC conquers all. This is why Wonder Women will re-open the mighty wrath that is DC and finally who all you Marvel fanboys that it is NOT as bad as you say it is, but you are in fact unintellectual and cannot perceive what is happening on the screen. Still think BvS was bad? How blind are you? These were comics first, with even dumber plotlines, yet you knock LIVE ACTION TELLINGS of Superman Vs. Batman? Get fucking real. I can't wait for DC to come back and kick you Marvel cucks right in the fucking uterus.
>>
File: tango-and-cash-main.jpg (204KB, 650x426px) Image search: [Google]
tango-and-cash-main.jpg
204KB, 650x426px
>>no tango and cash moment
>>
File: 1440978445587.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1440978445587.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>82435813
>>
>>82435415
He is /ourplanet/
>>
>>82435667
I thought he was just lying to convince Quill
>>82435735
This
>>
>>82435667
he demonstrated shapeshifting capabilities though so my understanding was that he looked like whatever he had to to get laid with whichever alien.

>>82435735
this one is because the art department couldn't come up with something that would be perceived as a brain without looking like one.
>>
>>82435469
Your fourth point should be first. Ego's grand plan comes after he meets sentient life for the first time (the purple child). However, he needs another celestial to complete the "ritual", either as a willing demigod or an unwilling battery. It's only then that he decides to fuck every sentient species to try and make a demigod.

Yondu knows about the previous children because he was the one that captured them and took them to Ego. He probably figured out that the children were dying when they started disappearing from Ego's Planet.

The only thing I was disappointed by was the plot point where Ego put the tumour in Peter's mother. A dark twist, but it was a cheap way to solidify Ego as the villain. It would've been interesting to see Peter have to choose between having a father and carry out genocide.
>>
>>82434891
not really, they mcguffined it again, they dont know how to write at all, hes a celestial, and literal planet how do we stop it? i dunno i have a bomb here shall we just blow him up? yeah sure their easy

so
establish quills father/ check
arbitrarily make him a villian/ check
shove in some shitty sister/sister thing with the girls/check
kill father with convieniant bombs/check
make shitloads of money/check check check check
write a good, convicing script that expands the lore and world building establishs a villian in a streamlined manner which is the drive for the film aswell as develops the characters indavidualy and as a group, with meaning full dialog?/ no fuck off your fired.
>>
>>82435388
dont ask questions, for fear of being called a dccuck
somthing somthing chose the form of human to make it easier for quill to accept.
>>
>Chris Pratt
>Kurt Russell
>Sylvester Stallone
Guardians of the Galaxy is certified CONSERVATIVEKINO
>>
Actually really well-written. His name is ego, and hes a massive, remember how he just casually says that he killed peter's mother? Textbook narcissist
>>
>>82436598
idiots would still ask why ego bad, but when they hear tumor they think oh tumor bad dat iz cancer ego bad which is terrible fucking writing but its the only way these fucking retarded marvel fucks can understand, marvel literaly has to write to the lowest intelligence thats why the scripts of fucking dog shit chilren tier
>>
I really didn't like when they just sat around and watched his tv while spouting exposition, those scenes are always so boring
>>
>immortal
>life goal is a trivial task for an immortal

seems pretty pathetic honestly. why not just create more versions of himself?
>>
I would enjoy a How I Met Your Mother styled series of Ego traveling the universe banging aliens
>>
>>82434243

>killed a woman IN AN EXTREMELY SLOW AND PAINFUL MANNER because he loved her so much she threatened to make him forget his purpose

Why a brain tumor? If he loved her so much then wouldn't a quick and painless death have made more sense?

I kind of feel like that whole little situation was just a throwaway line to make him more obviously villainous to the audience, and provide a better casus belli for the Guardians to fight.
>>
Why couldn't he just live with Quill's mom until she died of old age. He's millions of years old, what is 60 years to him?
>>
>>82437465
if he gave his mom a brain tumor why didn't he take quill at the same time? he could have brainwashed him from an early age and completed his plans easily.
>>
>>82434085

That's because Kurt Russell is a great performer, and cool motherfucker.
>>
>>82437509
He didn't want to want to return to the planet. There's also the fact that the boy may not have the spark, or even been born yet.

>>82437465
I don't think Ego wanted to see her die. Cancer can also kill people painlessly.

>>82437503
He would have lost his immortality if he did that.
>>
>>82437736
Why would he lose his immortality
>>
>>82437787

He has to periodically return to his planet or he'll die. This is explained clearly in dialogue, clean the shit out of your ears.
>>
>>82437736
he didn't give her brain cancer from his planet. if he could then he wouldn't need his seeds. he knew of quill which was his entire purpose for meeting and mating with his mother in the first place. he sent yando there so you're just plain wrong. he took all the other kids regardless. he had to test them to see anyway.

if he was going to kill her, he should have just done it and took the kid.
>>
>>82437787
He literally explained that in the goddamn movie.
>>
>>82437787
not him and not serious, but
https://web.archive.org/web/20090123123853/http://www34.brinkster.com/worldshards/random/million.htm
>>
Great villain. Great movie.

/tv/ utterly, completely, irrevocably btfo for all eternity and beyond.
>>
>>82437823
> from his planet.
I'm referring to Earth. Ego didn't want to return to Earth.

If Ego left before Peter was born, he probably wanted her to die slowly so that the child would be born, but she would still die so he wouldn't have any incentive to go back. There's also no guarantee that the child would have the spark, since Ego outright says that before Peter, they lacked the spark he had. There's no need to risk going yourself when you already have someone to gather these kids anyways.
>>
>>82436598
Why would a manchild who parties and adventures 24/7 to the sound of 70's rock even CONSIDER genocide?
>>
I really liked this movie. Seeing Slyvester Stallone was great. I liked how this was also really Youndu's story to, Gunn giving Rooker the spotlight, he's good to long time actors he's worked with.
>>
>>82438041
was it da bestest movee or wat xdd?
>>
>>82437367
>idiots would still ask why ego bad

So wiping out every lifeform in the universe isn't bad? Are you autistic?
>>
>>82437994
because he had just experienced what it literally felt like to be a god

just as ego said, those are characteristics (nostalgia, love, etc) that define mortals, not celestials
>>
>>82438079

I liked that the typical generic comic book action took a backseat to characters just talking to each other. Sure keep mocking me you contranion piece of shit. XD
>>
>>82438122
But he's only half celestial, and has lived his entire life as a funloving mortal
>>
>>82437465
>Millions of years old
To him that ain't slow

He also wanted Peter to grow
>>
>>82438136
>talking
you mean screaming, they talked about 10% of their lines, the rest they screamed because it's funny i guess i don't know.
i don't know what movie you've seen but there wasn't any action that took a backseat for characters, if anything it was the other way around, also not everyone who doesn't think the movie you liked is good is a contrarian.
>>
>>82438151
literally moments before Ego let Starlord experience what it felt like to be a god. experiencing eternity in a moment can easily override a few decades of memories. besides, he rejected ego anyways because love matters more

also the guardians of the galaxy are all violent murderers anyways
>>
>>82435388
This bugged me to, how he talked about creating him the perfect human as his body. Presumably millennia before he met a human
>>
>>82438280
it doesn't really bug since i do consider those nitpicks although i do point them out, i just wished there was a reason
>>
>>82436598
While I did enjoy his reaction to meeting the thing responsible for his mothers death I do kinda wish he had actually had to make a choice
>>
>>82438120
Yeah but its his dad
>>
>>82438280
i took it as a reference at the goofiness of old-school marvel comics because the original marvel comics are like that

in-world, it's probably just a representation of Ego that he uses to explain things to Starlord, rather than what he really looked like
>>
File: 1382041831985.gif (1MB, 256x171px) Image search: [Google]
1382041831985.gif
1MB, 256x171px
Think there will be a lot of people seeing this movie on a tuesday afternoon?
>>
>>82438476
Plenty. Stay away
>>
>>82438120
re-read it pleb, that would be enough, but retards like you need somthing that is easily identifyable as a bad so they hear tumor, they know oh tumor isn dat cancer dur he bad guy we defo no his bad now cuz he gives cancer lol
>>
>>82435469
>How did he not contract any STD's and what is his fucking secret

Because he literally did it all as Kurt Russell.
>>
>>82438575
he isn't bad because he gives cancer, he's bad because he kills a woman because he doesn't want to experience life (love being the embodiment of life), because to experience life means to accept death.
>>
>>82435667
Maybe he was not human-like at first but he decided to show that skin on the model story for Quill instead of an askavarian or some octopuss race for more empathy, maybe he has done that for every child he had before killing them.
>>
>>82435588
actually it was mostly done with prosthetics
>>
>>82437815
So, he takes a business trip once and a while, big whoop.
>>
>>82438575

>bad guys in comics are written to be bad
>good guys in comics are written to be good

Wow. What a groundbreaking revelation.
>>
>>82438701
nice try kid, thats not what was implied at all, thats the problem with these 1 demension characters these shit scriptwrites fuckin hell, fuckin make somthing original with fucking substance.
and
> (love being the embodiment of life
get a grip
>>
>>82438780
missing the point, which is not that a bad guy is bad or a good guy is good, its that is portrayed so badly its painful to watch and quite insulting and then these films are haled as being a credit to filmmaking and thus sets of a chain reaction of these cookie cut films with the same shit which is what all these marvel formulated shit piles have become but becuase they have flashing lights and a superhero in it. which by the way most people and i bet you aswell had no fuckin clue who the gardians of the galaxy were or even iron man for that matter, but once its popular all you fuck flock to it give it attention and allow them to keep pupming these shit films out
>>
>>82438830
>>82438892

>watching a colourful kids movie
>expects it to be grimdark with a serious plot

Maybe with the DC movies, but GOTG is literally the kiddiest of the MCU films. You're an idiot.
>>
>>82438830
>get a grip
Did you forget the scene where ego asks if there is any other reason to live then through an immortal purpose, the next scene are memories of peter enjoying love and family. Before Ego dies he says killing him would mean losing immortality, Peter accepts being normal, his own mortality. Ego rejects love through killing peter's mother because to accept love means to accept life, and with life comes death.

You're an idiot if you don't see the message the movie is trying to peddle (because it's really blatant), and how Ego is a bad guy because of it. The idea that life is love is as old as dirt mate.
>>
>>82438946
i dont care if its grimdark you dumb fuck, i want it to have a meaningful story that develops the characters and the world, not just a rush job to make a bit of money becuase retards like you will eat it up aslong as there is a baby groot dancing and some 3 songs you knew that your dad likes, because muh "awsome soundtrak" lel cant wait to see wuts in da next wun, we are groot xd, you stupid cunt
>>
>>82437465
Gave a tumor so she can still live and raise her kid
And he's immortal.
>>
>>82439057
I hope you get help for whatever's hurting you
>>
>>82439057
>that develops the characters and the world
That's exactly what the movie did you moron. You're basically the inverse of what you're complaining about. Because you are so stupid and only see the superficial gloss, you miss out on the indepth reasons for the successfulness of the movie

Like, jesus man, i can prove that you're an idiot, if you can't see how Groot dancing, emphasizes that what matters in life are enjoying the little things, not climactic "comic-book" movie rising-falling action and general pretentious grandiosity (you can make an argument how the movie's narrative doesn't have a "thrust" as criticism from this however), how action, etc, should provide the backdrop to the characters, despite the fact that it's glaring you right in the eyes.
>>
His motivation made no real sense.

What happens when he becomes all planets? How was that supposed to give meaning to his empty existence and why did he need Quill to do it?
>>
File: 1372980776904.png (856KB, 1016x467px) Image search: [Google]
1372980776904.png
856KB, 1016x467px
Literally everything in his plan would've been fine if he hadn't admitted to giving Quinns mom that tumor to kill her
He had him eating from the palm of his fucking hand up until that point.
>>
>>82434891
Why bother with spoiler tags when OP is a spoiler?
>>
>>82439225
>What happens when he becomes all planets?
They become absorbed by Ego.

> How was that supposed to give meaning to his empty existence
He thinks existence as it exists now is hollow, and wants to recreate the universe so that it would have purpose. In a meaningless world, what Ego wants to do is literally create meaning by interweaving meaning into its very fabrice. What Starlord however, does is find meaning through through enjoying love and happiness.

>why did he need Quill to do it?
Ego doesn't have enough power to do it.
>>
It's pretty great that that Peter doesn't hesitate to start blasting the shit out of him immediately after he says he gave his mom her cancer.
>>
>>82439265
Yeah he's a bit retarded for a planet
>>
>>82439225
He didn't want to be alone. He yelled this out.
>>
File: kek (2).jpg (48KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
kek (2).jpg
48KB, 490x490px
>when Drax starts dry heaving from thinking of having sex with the bug girl
I haven't lost my shit that hard in a while.
>>
>>82437815
>He has to periodically return to his planet or he'll die. This is explained clearly in dialogue, clean the shit out of your ears.

That form will just die if hes away from the light for to long. He can just recreate himself on his planet and go back or take some trips back to recharge or take her back to his planet.

Ego really loving her that much doesn't make much sense according to his actions. Admitting that he killed her makes even less sense and serves nothing but a fast way to make Peter turn on him. It's 'Martha' levels of bad writing that will be ignored because Groot is so cute.
>>
How can someone be a good villian?
>>
>>82437787
>Why would he lose his immortality

He wouldn't. I don't know what people are talking about.

That avatar he took will die. Just like it did 10 times in the final act. But he could reform himself on his planet.
>>
>>82435813
I am the definition of a DCuck and the dceu is trash.
Wonder woman will be ok, justice league LOOKS good but so did bvs.
I fucking hate marvel except the XMen and Spidey I guess but winter soldier and iron man 1 are better than any dceu movie will ever be
>>
>>82439456
>>82439427
Ego literally said he would die. Not that his form would die, not that he

>>82439427
>Admitting that he killed her makes even less sense
He said this right after he admitted to advocating galactic genocide, and implying to Peter that he's going to kill his friends. Admitting he killed Peter's mother is just icing on the cake compared to the rest. The purpose was to show he really didn't love her, because if he did, he wouldn't have killed her. I mean he did love her, he loved her enough he didn't want her existence to be able tempt himself from abandoning his goal.
>>
File: 1451636834380.jpg (70KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1451636834380.jpg
70KB, 530x530px
>>82434085
>mfw "It's a shame I had to put that tumor in her head"
>>
>>82439180
your grasping at straws
>if you can't see how Groot dancing, emphasizes that what matters in life are enjoying the little things
if you cant see how that intro was put in their from the stupid popular response of groot dancing at the end of the first one then your a retard,
and again, their was very little character development if any, the only development was gamora and nebula and that was minute, even with quill find his dad it didnt affect his character, yondu telling rocket all that shit was not character development as we alredy knew all that unless your a dumb cunt, they just gave it exposition which wasnt necceary, nothing fucking changed other than a "sorry for being a dick" which btw was fucking dumb anyway them being a dick to each other was completely unwelcome and served only to put in this false development if you can call it that at all

the drive for he movie ok

first off: save planet from some alien (even though they could of done it themself as they seem to be more than confident in their ability to kill the guardians anyway)
rocket steals battiers for no reason.
aleins attack guardians cuz batteries
thank god dad shows up to kill those thousands of ships
dad shows us his planet, nice
dad says he wants to make all planets link with him, ok cool with that dad nice,
btw gave mom tumor
dad your evil
rocket uses batteries to blow up dad
world is saved.
>>
>>82439967
I agree with you, but stop posting. You either can't type well or you won't type well; either way, it's attacking some of the direction of your post(s).
>your
>their
>>
>>82435667

He visited and observed thousands upon thousands of planets before Earth. Each time he took on a form of the native race and impregnated a women from there.

Quill was his 4000th baby or something, he just killed all the others when he realised they didn't inherit his power.
>>
>>82434085
you people said the same thing about Zemo and that was bullshit
>>
Drax was the best character in the film
>>
>>82440063
its true i cant type well.
>>
>>82440110
Watch the movie again. That's not the sequence in which he describes the events.
>>
>>82435667
You guys do understand the origins of humans in the marvel universe right? It's literally ancient aliens. The kree and others influenced the evolution of humans and later into mutants
>>
File: Chris_Pratt_as_Star-Lord_poster.jpg (26KB, 261x380px) Image search: [Google]
Chris_Pratt_as_Star-Lord_poster.jpg
26KB, 261x380px
>>82434891
Will we ever get a Star Lord spin off movie?

I would so watch that
>>
he was absolute shit.
>>
>>82434891
How is he like superman?
>>
>>82439967
>your grasping at straws
I brought up that scene because you did. My point is how what I'm saying is so blatantly obvious, you'd have to be a complete idiot not to see it. I'll repeat myself - you're the inverse of those you criticize, because you're so stupid you only see the superficial gloss. Just like those memelords that ruined the Guardians of the Galaxy comics "inspired" by the movies, you cannot comprehend the underlying themes of the characters.

Character development isn't just a character being traumatized and who's personality completely changes. A person can grow without being shocked to the core; growth can be a slow realization or even a realization of something ultimately small - like the value of friendship.

I'll give you an example. Starlord obsessing over nostalgia shows how, to him, what matters in life are "the little things". Right before Ego's death, he begs why reject greatness, Starlord responds along the lines of 'what's wrong with being normal?' (which comes together with Drax calling Starlord pathetic) Part of the whole - what matters are enjoying the company of friends and family ("love") - is obviously brought together with - what matters in life are the "little things". Meaning in a meaningless world is found not through trying to forcefully interweave meaning into in some grand plan, but through experiencing love and life. The growth of the characters in the movie (with the exception of Groot and Drax, not Drax because, as we are shown, he already understands this due to losing his family in the past) involves them coming to realize this message.

All that said, you can criticize the validity (from a "philosophic" standpoint), but my point, again, is that if you don't even see it, despite how obvious it is, you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>82440289
He's never seen *anyone* before. Doesn't matter who's done what, he's a brain that has never experienced the idea of living beings, yet somehow knows what a human looks like, how they are composed, and how they dress at the current time.
>>
>>82440375
That's cosmic marvel for you.
>>
>>82440427
That's my point.
>>
>>82440529
No, I mean, the comics. Cosmic marvel comics have always been like this.

Honestly I find it refreshing that Gunn decided to play how it is instead of trying to play it "straight" with an ironic distance. I burst out laughing when Ego showed him wearing 80s clothes after creating the perfect human model.
>>
>>82440375
Neither had galactus, another celestial. The humans creatioms have been blueprinted essentially over millions of years and share various attributes from other races. Ego knows a lot more about the universe then he was letting on
>>
>>82435388
It was supposed be a Boltzman Brain.
>>
File: 024_2-Ashtathefallengod-BRB1.jpg (241KB, 1024x803px) Image search: [Google]
024_2-Ashtathefallengod-BRB1.jpg
241KB, 1024x803px
>>82440626
>Neither had galactus
The thing about Galactus is that no two species look at him the same, we humans see a giant man in purple while someone else sees this.
>>
>>82440626
In the comics Galactus looks different to different species. He only looks human to humans,
>>
>>82434085
>likes a song Peter likes
>because he thinks it's about him

What a prick.
>>
>>82440343
Did you miss the part where Yondu (a father) saves Peter (his son) from an exploding, dying planet?
>>
Movie was okay but too much quipping and too much baby Groot.
Snarky teenage Groot in the post-credits scene was gold tho
>>
>>82440732
So Krypton is supermans biological father? News to me.
>>
File: S70506-093011.jpg (175KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
S70506-093011.jpg
175KB, 720x1280px
>>82439564
This is why you Dcuck instead of DChad like pic related.
>>
>>82440374
>
I'll give you an example. Starlord obsessing over nostalgia shows how, to him, what matters in life are "the little things". Right before Ego's death, he begs why reject greatness, Starlord responds along the lines of 'what's wrong with being normal?' (which comes together with Drax calling Starlord pathetic) Part of the whole - what matters are enjoying the company of friends and family ("love") - is obviously brought together with - what matters in life are the "little things". Meaning in a meaningless world is found not through trying to forcefully interweave meaning into in some grand plan, but through experiencing love and life. The growth of the characters in the movie (with the exception of Groot and Drax, not Drax because, as we are shown, he already understands this due to losing his family in the past) involves them coming to realize this message.

this is the problem, its only devolpments are superficial, prior to the events their was no conflic of to come to a conclusion of "what matters are the enjoying the company of freinds and family" so them shoving this alredy overused concept down our throats in such a hamfisted manner was insulting, your overanaylasis is pathetic, and you are a truley grasping at straws, but were overlooking it , the poor exposition to drive the narrative that golden chick for saying shit about his genetics, then low and behold theirs his dad, if the light goes out in my core i die, over and over btw if the light aslong as the light, that very light thats at my core, if you somehow, have some special super batteries and a bomb tapes them together and throw it in my light, the light thats in my core btw thats where you can find the light if you blow it up i will die wtf i gave your mom cancer, im evil but the light in my core, which is also in you peter, btw im ego you get it ego like the mind like egotism becuase i want to be the only thing in the universe do you get it? btw im evil,
>>
>>82434085
Ehhh he's still falls to the category of Marvel tier shit villains.
>>
>>82439265
"That's why I put the tumor in her head"
No reason for him to say that whatsoever.
>>
>>82440732
Yondu is a rocket ship?
The only similarity is a planet blew up.
>>
File: 1493093763266.jpg (158KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1493093763266.jpg
158KB, 900x675px
>>82440813
>im ego you get it ego like the mind like egotism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_the_Living_Planet
You're an idiot.

>its only devolpments are superficial
I'll admit, the only real problem (beyond the oversaturation of jokes and references) with the story is the lack of a narrative thrust. When I watched the movie, the narrative felt less like a movie, but more like a comic book (and not in the stupid over-the-top rising-action-falling-action way that's more like a movie trying to be "comic-booky" like X-Men Apocalypse). I can imagine most of what went on in a good comic book.

My point is that character development doesn't have to be heavy to be exist. Your argument was - they don't have character development - when there obviously is character development. It's just small, and doesn't change the character in a drastic manner. This goes with the whole theme of - what matters in life are the little things - the movie has. You're only seeing the superficial gloss, the cream on the cake, and not really getting at the content of it.

>this alredy overused concept
>down our throats in such a hamfisted manner was insulting
Most ideas, once you start to think about it, are stupid. Shit, in my mind I'm comparing this movie to Avengers 2, because in Age of Ultron, there was a message, but the message was so superficial and hamfisted and only shown through Ultron's exposition, it's horrible. And don't get me started on BvS, where the message is so anal and in your face, that it misses the whole point. My point is that in this movie, the message is embedded to the very movie itself. That said, you can criticize the message itself all you want, that's not the point. My point is that it's so fundamental to the film itself that concentrating on the cream without getting into the cake's content means doing exactly what those you are criticizing are doing - superficializing what's the very foundation of the film as it stands.
>>
>>82435588
'Cause old Kurt Russel looks like a boss as fuck grandpa.
>>
>I know if I go back I will never leave
>which is why planted a brain tumor in her head
Not exactly quote but those were his lines.
Now to think about it it's actually ridiculous and unnatural. If you really love a woman so much that you must kill her to keep yourself away from her, you wouldn't talk about it so lightly to your son with her. The only reason to tell Peter on such a critical moment is because the plot needs him to.

But this is where actor's charm comes in. You have to act in such an idiotic and comical way so that people think it's in Ego's character to say such thing so heartlessly.
>>
>>82441149
>My point is that character development doesn't have to be heavy to be exist. Your argument was - they don't have character development - when there obviously is character development. It's just small, and doesn't change the character in a drastic manner. This goes with the whole theme of - what matters in life are the little things - the movie has. You're only seeing the superficial gloss, the cream on the cake, and not really getting at the content of it.

now we're talking
its not so much that i wanted drastic change in the characters not at all, but with sure a lack luster narrative, and with such little development of character i felt like the movie was a big waste of time, it didnt expand on anything new, not just the characters but the world, sure it showed us ego and his planet and the golden people but it felt like they pulled them out of a hat and delivered them poorly, if they wanted to make ego the villian they should of focused more on him, developing him and the world he sees, they we got it felt so cheap, it was a sample dish but served as the main course, they had him be good then fliped him personality to villian at the drop of a hat, if they had spent more time on him it would of felt more justifed, i also didnt like how the villian was such an easy finish, it felt like nothing has weight i felt no danger for the characters, since rocket can whip up a planet destroying bomb, not just a planet a celestial.
>>
>>82441497
>it didnt expand on anything new
I don't agree with you. I think the problem was that in the preceding movie, the only main character with a personality was Starlord, so we're really only firmly establishing character and character relationships now. It feels like a rehash only because there wasn't really a "hash" to begin with, only a barebones introduction

That said, the movie introduced a lot of cosmic marvel stuff, and in my opinion, what matters moreso isn't the stuff itself but the way it was portrayed. The overall tone of the cinematic cosmic stuff seems to be in line with how it was portrayed in the comics. I don't really like how the Perlmutter marvel cinematic stuff all tried their damnest to be "realistic" when this is fucking capeshit we're talking about. The obverse of this is how this usually leads to a loss of grounding which in turn leads to a loss in emotional weight. When the Punisher fucking brutalizes people in DD Season 2, it has impact, but when Drax gets fucked by trees, it doesn't

That said, I don't think there wasn't lack of character development. Ego was portrayed perfectly for what they intended. The problem is the movie's lack of narrative thrust (not lack of character development) makes it more difficult to emotionally involve yourself.As I said, the movie's narrative felt more like a comic book than a movie.
There's also the various character threads. Usually various character threads lead to a single climax (like in Civil War, with Panther and Zemo, and Cap and Iron Man), but each thread has their own little climax, so the movie's narrative feels disjointed, and the ultimate climax feels unfulfilling

>they had him be good then fliped him personality to villian at the drop of a hat
Not really. There were plenty of hints to him a baddie throughout the movie prior to that

All this said, none of it implies that the creators of the movie that its audience were stupid and were just pandering, which is the core of your argument
>>
File: 1491119358494.png (28KB, 128x129px) Image search: [Google]
1491119358494.png
28KB, 128x129px
QUESTION.

If he truly loved her, like in an honest way, why he didn't just took her to live with him on the planet?
For all we know like Quill she could been pro genocide after seeing "how great and beafitul" his plan was.
>>
>>82442164
I don't think Ego wanted a distraction from his goal. He did love her, but his love was self-serving.

Like how he wants not to be lonely but rejects the people around him because they aren't exactly like him, which is shown in his plan, and how he wants to make Peter into a "battery" for not accepting his plan.
>>
>>82438041
Rooker is always underrated. His role as Henry is one of the best depiction of a psycho ever. Of course McNaughton deserves a lot of credit for that, but Rooker's work in that movie is amazing. God bless Gunn and his loyalty to him.
>>
>>82435388
Why is the universe filled with humanoids, Stupid!!! Why are the other Celestials humanoid?
>>
>>82438769
It IS a big whoop. They established that his planet is REALLY far away, and it's a difficult, long journey to make, even for him.
>>
>butthurt DCuck : the thread

lul
>>
File: NORM.webm (78KB, 710x716px) Image search: [Google]
NORM.webm
78KB, 710x716px
>>82439617
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.