[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nothing Good Came Out if The 80's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: original.jpg (33KB, 272x295px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
33KB, 272x295px
>"We used to see nipples in Pg-13 movies and swearing in Pg movies. Movies today are too soft on kids."
If you believe this, then you're part of the problem.
>>
>>82418772
agreed. 70s is where it's at
>>
>>82418772

I dont have autism, what is your problem exactly?
>>
File: Adventures in Babysitting.jpg (85KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
Adventures in Babysitting.jpg
85KB, 300x470px
>>82418772
But it was true. Also I've always thought that the R and NC-17 ratings were the wrong way round, not the descriptions but just the rating name. Also having an XXX rating couldn't hurt.
>>
>no one even knows what an UNOFFICIAL organization called MPAA is
>everyone respect their unofficial law
fucking cucks
>>
>>82419066

Don't be silly, Anon. It's just money. The studios pay for the MPAA, and they get whatever rating they want. Sure, they might have to play a little game of "cut out one second from that scene" or "if the blood doesn't spurt out like that", but they can get where they need to go.

If you're just looking at content, then Titanic should get an R-rating. Kate Winslets boobs, a steamy sex scene in a car, cursing, people get electrocuted, hit with bullets showing blood, dead bodies floating all over the place, but it's just PG-13. Meanwhile, the King's Speech is rated R. Clerks was NC-17 originally.

The big studios pay for the MPAA, and they've gotten loads of theatre chains and such on board with refusing to carry NC-17 movies. Coincidentally, independent movies get blasted with the NC-17 rating, and they don't have the relationship to effectively argue, so they get smothered.
>>
>>82419557
This is so fucking silly.

MPAA is also highly christian so newfags will defend it.
>>
>>82419730

It's pretty rough. It made sense in the beginning, because if the studios didn't self-regulate the government was going to start doing it. The chains got taken off by the 70s, and for a while even an X rating wasn't so bad. Nowadays, the studios basically run the MPAA, and in that Kirby guy's movie about the MPAA, the closest thing to an establishment Hollywood guy complaining about it is Matt Stone, who really doesn't count.

It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so much money at stake. The earning potential for a movie is radically different if it's PG-13, R, or NC-17, so studios ask the MPAA for guidance, and then they get detailed notes, and when you get that close to the difference between ratings, it's just completely ridiculous. Requiem For a Dream was NC-17, but if they snipped a little bit of nudity out of the ass-to-ass scene, it's down to R.

But really, just compare the Matrix to all the PG-13 movies, and genuinely try to figure out why it was rated R for "sci-fi violence and brief language".
>>
I'd unironically rather my kid grow up dense then have him grow up too fast.
>>
>>82420769
>I'd unironically rather my kid grow up dense then have him grow up too fast.
Why?
>>
>>82418772
Faggots LITERALLY only give R's to boobs and 2 fucks now

Terminator 2 would probably be pg-13 if not for the fuck drops
>>
>>82418772
Why do you need to see nipples?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.